Japan

@acelaamtrak (cool name by the way), what do you mean it won't stop at the stations? I generally would use trackmarks and assign the trains to stop their and load passengers (using the load pasengers command). It can be a bit more tedious than usual, but every train should stop at trackmarks in trainz if you tell tehm to.
Hope this helps,
Eric :)

Thanks, I forgot about that you could also use trackmarks.:)

Edit: Just tested it and problem stays, here is what happens: train arrives at train station and at the place it is supposed to stop (also with trackmark) the train is speeding up untill it drives back after some 100 meters (can even be up to 2 km), the other problem is that it is happening with different trains at different stations (strange thing is that it never happens at my 3 main stations while it happens at some other stations that use the same station platform :confused:), Is the problem maybe that the train ai use is limited? (using 20 trains now) Or is this one bug of trs2009?.

Other example is I have an shinkansen route on the same map and only one of the 7 stations has the same problem while the same platform is used at some other stations for my normal trains where it had no problems and I already replaced the station with 2 others and even renamed it but the same problem stays:confused:.

Other problem I have seen very well by using trackmarks with loading time is that when the time is over (1 minute per station) some trains stay at the station for some time while the road is clear? here I spot that it are the same trains at the same locations but other trains that are exactly the same (same type train/train length/train driver) doesn't have this problem also not at the same station???

Last edited:
It could be a bug, admittedly, although it is nonetheless strange this would be happening. You may want to try searching for other commands that may work better at stopping the train, or perhaps try adding trackmarks before the station so it stops at the correct spot? It sounds to me like the train is backing up after it bypasses the station? If that is the case, I suggest simply using a "stop" command after the train drives past a certain trackmark (drive via trackmark command). Also with respect to the issue over leaving the station, I'm completely stumped. If you are using invisible stations I would probably suggest using different ones, but just try them out at one station at a time, so as not to have to continuously replace them.
There are some invisible stations online if you search long enough,
Hope you figure out the problem,
Eric :)

Two things i notice...

Sometimes doors will not open when a train stops at the AJS station with AI drive. This happens sometimes not often but randomly.

Some tram stations never work because they are designed with 'right side' traffic. (left side in Japan you know.) I guess there are some 'keep-to-the-right' assets in Tranz.

I always worry about the door behavior issue, whether it comes from my stuff or not. BTW, does someone please make a small route that can be used for debug of my new trains? not so large, only one baseboard enough. And the route should have both standard and 42in gauge tracks, and a several stations. Thanks.

Doors opened at AJS station.
F_tkk302.jpg

Yep:

The AI can drive you mad. With AJS invisible stations you really have to check and double check that the rail is connected with the station. Sometimes it looks that it is connected when it is not and this can give problems. Also Implementing an AJS invisible station into a Shinkansen Station is tricky and what I did to stop the trains from overrunning the platform is to place the AJS station a bit at the beginning. But you have to test it with the train each time and this can be very time consuming. That is also one of the reasons why building my layout takes so long.

I have also the problem sometimes that trains do not depart even if the signals are green. This seems to be a random problem. I removed the offending train. Sometimes moving signals will help in this case but not always. I still think it is not a train specific problem that is the cause.

Last edited:
Yep. And exactly.......what is that?? are this tram and/or the station/platform pack available from the DLS?

Last edited:
I tried some other things out and it seems I don't have to first problem anymore when I decreased the speed to 20 Km/h for most stations, this also might explain why my 3 main stations doesn't have the problem since trains where always automatic driving slower on them, but I am not sure because it needs more testing.

Pagroove: I check if the station is connected to the rails by moving the station before I place it on its place
Yes it is a bit tricky to move the AJS into the Shinkansen station but strangely I have no problems with my shinkansen stopping at their stations (except for the one I mentioned in my previous post) I might have fixed this some time ago already but I can't really remember what the sollution was, about the signals I also have these problems but I decreased the problem by putting more signals between them.

Something else what might be interesting to know is that the ai has problems with portals and after long testing I spotted an problem about when an train spawns that has the same train and driver driving already that has spawn earlier, the second spawn train will drive untill it derails or the first dissapears into an other portal, because of that I am not using them anymore because I use an more busy route (20 shinkansen and 20 normal for Sagoda planned).

Last edited:
E231: Many Japanese rail fans hate E231. They call it 'steel coffin' or 'livestock freight car'. E231 is very cheap, light weight, fragile body and with defect bogey. It can easily derail, crush and kill passengers. East-JR is going to replace E231 to E233. E233 is also cheap and weak but improved bogey. If you went to Japan, you should avoid to take east-JR trains especialy E231 and E217.

E231: Many Japanese rail fans hate E231. They call it 'steel coffin' or 'livestock freight car'. E231 is very cheap, light weight, fragile body and with defect bogey. It can easily derail, crush and kill passengers. East-JR is going to replace E231 to E233. E233 is also cheap and weak but improved bogey. If you went to Japan, you should avoid to take east-JR trains especialy E231 and E217.
Didn't know that, but to avoid the E231 series seems a little bit to dramatic in my opinion. Haven't heard of any noticable derailments or accidents with them.
Do you know when are starting to replace them?

There are many other nice commuter trains to in the Tokyo region i think.
The Tokyu 5050 series and the Tokyo Metro 10000 for example, along with many others.

@PJAMA: Thanks. Yes I tried them, but I would really like to see them redone.

Last edited:
Keimei: I also didn't know that but why are there so many made and why is their replacement only a little improvement? Is this really all about because it is cheaper? I would say it would be better if they kept there older trains untill there was an safer design or where these also dangerous?
Also which other trains are also dangerous?

Well if you dont mind us making suggestions, how about some more Electric and Diesel locomotives?

The EF66 is already in 2004 I believe, but is broken if you try to bring it over to 2009 and 2010. Its a shame, its a good looking train.

Japan Railway company likes saving the money than serving to passengers. Their slogan is 'a half cost, a half product life cycle'. They had discarded all of old steady trains (like 103 series) because such heavy trains need much money to maintain.
E231 is designed as 'maintenance-free'. Japan Railway never take care of their trains in fact (so JR trains are very dirty). E231 will be disposed by very short life cycle. They think that is the best way to maintain the safety. JR train is consumable and disposable.

BTW, another variation of Tokyu 300 series. #301 wear the special painting nickname 'Peko-chan'.
F_tkk301.jpg

#303 wrapped by ads, putting Trainz banner on to test. Do you like such ads trains? (In real world, she wears various Japanese company ads.)
F_tkk303.jpg

Japan Railway company likes saving the money than serving to passengers. Their slogan is 'a half cost, a half product life cycle'. They had discarded all of old steady trains (like 103 series) because such heavy trains need much money to maintain.
E231 is designed as 'maintenance-free'. Japan Railway never take care of their trains in fact (so JR trains are very dirty). E231 will be disposed by very short life cycle. They think that is the best way to maintain the safety. JR train is consumable and disposable.

My word, I didn't know any of that. If you'll forgive me for saying, what a stupid way to run a railway. Wouldn't it make more sense to spend less on maintenance & cleaning rather than replacing entire trainsets? It may be crossing a line to say, and I apologize if I do, but I always attributed the Japanese people with more commonsense than that. Besides, if you keep your trains clean, a relatively easy & inexpensive task, then more people will want to travel on your nice, clean trains, thus boosting ticket sales & thus profits.

Also, kudos on the trams, Keimei-dono. The green-&-cream one in particular is really spiffy.

Hi there. Here come tokyu 300s together (they are on DLS).
F_tkk300s.jpg

A new train, kiha35/36 (kiha30 series), 'commuter' diesel in Kakogawa line. She looks much like series 103s densha but diesel(DMU). (remodeled from 101/103 densha). kiha30 series is scheduled to retire by the fall(autumn) of this year:'(
F_kiha35kk.jpg

Last edited:
Again great work Keimei, I like the Kakogawa skin.
Another one that is going to be retired, what an bad year I hope the Kiha 40 won't retire soon.:(

Other I have been testing my route with ai further and the problem with overrunning stays but less, I also have an new problem that an train suddently stops at nowhere and keeps waiting for some time? EDIT: I have tested further and it seems that trains stop at an certain point when the next train hasn't arrived at the next station, this started to happen when I used an extra trigger. (I can't remove this trigger because it causes some trains to overrun the station and only goes back after 1/2 stations further.)

I was also thinking if there is an limit of ai trains driving at the same time? since I have an busy route. (20 trains+20 shinkansen)

Last edited:
Back