Japan

Hi all. Im glad that this thread has over 1000 posts!:)
Kakogawa line is one of branches of Sanyo line, located on west side of Kobe.
103 Densha was born in 1963 and is still working in West-JR area with improved style. In the other hand East-JR had scrapped all of its 103s.

There also was kiha40 in Kakogawa color. She has already retired.
F_k40kako.jpg

I'm only just looking to start building my first route, I'm going to stick with Japanese content only where possible. What tracks are best to use with these Japanese Train models (kuid's)?

This one looks like it matches the wheels very nicely (if not perfect)

F_101Tsurumi2.jpg

I hope to be able to recreate (once I learn how to build) parts of Kyushu as I am moving there. Maybe I'll start with 福岡市 (Fukuoka) and the area around 博多 (Hakata)
Station.

Edit: also nice work on the yellow densha, reminds me of 下関市 (Shimonoseki)

Last edited:
That's very nice keimei. It looks a lot like the Series 701 used on the Tohoku, Yamagata and Akita main lines.

Last edited:
Wow that is REALLY impressive. Keimei, will the doors on these open and close? In any case, I can't believe you could fit that much detail into Trainz, I hope to see this on the DLS.
Eric :)

Again great work Keimei, I can still remember that some years ago there was almost nothing on the Japanese area in trainz or on DLS, and now we have so much content, Thanks Keimei, Kenichiro, Hirochi and Hanshin9501 for all the Japanese content you have made and shared with us, I wouldn't enjoy trainz so much without:)(correct me if I forgot someone).

Last edited:
The galaxy train has been uploaded onto DLS.
JR trains have almost the same face and body because of the same drawing. East-JR likes the cost-down rather than train's looks.

You know Yamagata Shinkansen? This is JR 701 Densha on the Yamagata Shinkansen route (Fukushima-Yonezawa-Shinjo). So she wears the standard gauge bogey(EMU 20000VAC).

F_701-0.jpg

F_701-1.jpg

That's wonderful keimei. You should really release more of your routes as well, they're beautiful too.

Hi Keimei. Great trains. Are you still working on the 300 series in the background? Would like to have a new train on my shinkansen line :).

Hi all. A little bit adds (available soon).

Another JR 701 series, violet in Morioka (3'6" gauge). I like this colour.
F_701mo.jpg

Tokyu 7000 series. (Rework of what i made before).
F_TQ7000.jpg

The metal train looks kinda familiar (on second pic). Looks a little like some train what the metal texture I've might've seen somewhere in europe. But the colorful train (on first pic) looks beautiful as a lavender! It'll be a 'rainbow' colorful of your JR-like transits! Keep it up!

Oh ya! Tokyu Car Corporation was a licencee of stainless-steel commuter EMU from the Budd Company of the US. So Tokyu 7000 series looks like the SEPTA subway train. Tokyu's stainless-steel trains can work both on the ground and under the ground.

Hello again. The next project, Tokyu series 300, the commuter tram in Setagaya(世田谷) line. There are ten trains of this series, each car has the unique color.

#304 in apple green.
F_tkk304.jpg

#306 in yellow.
F_tkk306.jpg

BTW, Tokyu Setagaya line is in 1372mm gauge, uncommon gauge in Japan, Ive asked about 1372mm in this forum, but there seems to be no 1372mm track in Trainz assets. So this model wears standard gauge bogeys.

You are even faster then some time ago with modelling/texturing, did you found an way to make the models faster in Blender? or is it that you have more experience now that you make the trains quicker?, or did you started an factory in Osaka;).
Also again great job on your new trains.:)

Other does someone know any invisible stations that doesn't have ai problems? I have used AJS stations and replaced some with station_basic_80m, it helps but not much, problem is that some ai trains won't stop at these stations and it are always different trains that have these problems.

@acelaamtrak (cool name by the way), what do you mean it won't stop at the stations? I generally would use trackmarks and assign the trains to stop their and load passengers (using the load pasengers command). It can be a bit more tedious than usual, but every train should stop at trackmarks in trainz if you tell tehm to.
Hope this helps,
Eric :)

Back