Japan

Mikey,

Do a DLS search for Hirochi. He has a whole swarm of E231 EMUs available, complete with double-decker cars as well for the more high-capacity consists. He also has some other awesome Japanese content.

What about some diesels, such as the DE10?
While Kenichiro's DD51 is a great locomotive, I've found in many cases that it was too large and bulky, especially on mountain lines.

A standard DE10,
320px-JNR_DE10_1182_20070325.jpg

A slightly more lively version,
320px-Furano-Biei_norokko_train.jpg

Also one that could be included is the DE15,
640px-JNR_DE15_001.JPG

an interesting snowplow version of the DE10.

Anyways these are couple suggestions of mine.

Cheers.:wave:

I'm still for the 300 shinkansen (in the normal and 'last run' livery) or a E3. Hopefully with a good 'generic' shinkansen cockpit too. The other shinkansen types except for the 0 use a TGV cabin or another. When Keimei makes a good 300 with a good cabin then that cabin could be used for the n700 and 500 too.

My intention is... it takes much time to make Shinkansen (several months). During that, reworking old version trains or reskinning or making new buildings or something like that.

kiha40/48 Tokai color.
F_K40tokai1.jpg

F_K40tokai2.jpg

Good work Keimei, did you made an fully new reskin of this one? because the white looks different than the Hokkaido version.

Other, I known it takes a lot of work to model such quality models like you make and then it also needs to be textured and coded into the game (atleast that is what I known from an other game) and I also appreciate you making this.
I don't know how much work an entire train like the Shinkansen 300 will be, around an half year or even more?

Last edited:
Nice work Keimei, the train looks very well on the tracks, really good job

I think it's a good idea resking some trains, there are lot of trains that can be leveraged with new textures, for example:
The new colors from the Kintetsu 30000:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Kintetsu-30000_001_JPN.JPG
Kiha 181 with the West an Shikoku Colors:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...x-JRW_DC_kiha181_Limited_Express_Hamakaze.jpg
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:JR_shikoku_kiha181_shimanto_1989.jpg
Hanshin 5500 if you edit de 3D model from the Hanshin 9300, this two trains trains are very similar.
http://funini.com/train/kansai/hanshin5500/08.html

PD: Sorry for posting the link images, but I can insert the images and I didn’t know why.

Last edited:
Hi Keimei: About the reskins: Is it possible to do the Shinkansen 0 in JR West KODAMA Green (an earlier request by Acelaamtrak)> That would give us the opportunity to have one more Shinkansen for variety. Also I believe there is a Doctor Yellow 0 shinkansen but this requires some remodeling I believe as is has less windows.

Im surprised everybody is familiar with Japanese trainz:eek:
In short, it is a matter of motivation. As the Shinkansen model is not only complex but also needs large amount of work (sixteen cars a train!), it is difficult to maintain motivation.
The reskin is not easy, because, in the real world, reskin sometimes means remodeling. e.g. adding air conditioning unit and piping, replacing the engine and renewing a whole of interior completely (the interior is the biggest problem).

DE10 in SAGANO color
F_DE10S.jpg

Im surprised everybody is familiar with Japanese trainz:eek:
In short, it is a matter of motivation. As the Shinkansen model is not only complex but also needs large amount of work (sixteen cars a train!), it is difficult to maintain motivation.
The reskin is not easy, because, in the real world, reskin sometimes means remodeling. e.g. adding air conditioning unit and piping, replacing the engine and renewing a whole of interior completely (the interior is the biggest problem).

DE10 in SAGANO color

Hi Keimei relax :).

Don't feel obligied to make any train. We're just launching wish lists here ;).

As for the familiarity with Japanese trains I can say that I became a little obsessed with Japanese Trains because of playing Densha de Go (pc version). It provided a high speed experience that Trainz didn't ant still doesn't offer at the time.

Thats the reason I started work on my monster layout 'Electro Island'. On this layout there are 3 TGV lines, 1 Shinkansen line, 1 Skyliner line and a European themed urban circle line. The aim of my layout is at least to provide some of the feeling you get while driving a high speed Shinkansen in Densha de Go.

In real life I'm no train spotter at all. I live in Rotterdam, The Netherlands and within 500 meters of my house I have the chance to see real TGV's (Thalys) en route to Paris if I want. I'm more of a 'virtual fan'. I have that strange thing also with car games such as GT5, RFactor and with Flight Simulator. I love the cars in that games but in real life I actually don't like cars that much. I prefer riding my bicycle :). I'm a simulator fan :).

But yeah I love Japanese trains more and more due to dozens of different designs. Every train seems to have something individual and seems to make a statement. It's a real shame that Trainz doesn't offer a Japanese route out of the box. If it had I think it would sell better in Japan.

I would like to visit Japan one day (when I have the money and time to do so) :)

Im surprised everybody is familiar with Japanese trainz
aeek.gif

Like I said earlier I do understand the amount of time and work for something like an Shinkansen 300 and like Pagroove said it just are wishlists.
How about you post an list of trains you want and am motivated to make for your next project and we choose from it? or just suprice us like you did with your previous trains.

Last edited:
Hi there Keimei-san. Please don't feel overburdened by this, I know too working on one thing for a long while can be very troublesome. When I had lost motivation to work on one item I worked on another. There have even been times when I've stopped with Trainz for a couple weeks. In the end though, I've always come back. It seems that the best thing right now would be a well deserved break.

As far as Japanese trains go, no not just, but, Japan and it's culture, language, and technology, it simply started as watching dubbed anime on Saturday nights.
Since then I have fallen in love with Japan and all it's intricacies most of all the language and the people. So I mean it when I say,"がんばって、啓明ーさん!"

Last edited:
Looks good so far :)
I always wonder how do you do this stuff. I can't understand Blender ^^
It has too much text, i need buttons with pictures like in Cinema 4D or SketchUp lol

I'm not sure how to ask this, but can you also do anime-like people (both standing, and as a train driver)? any that you can make of?

Back