Page 418 of 423 FirstFirst ... 318368408416417418419420 ... LastLast
Results 6,256 to 6,270 of 6336

Thread: Japan

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pasha2 View Post
    Hello, some missing kuids from Snapshot 3 of Icarus v2.0:

kuid2:146087:60820:1
    kuid2:60850:23113:6

Searched for em, but only got results of other peeps looking for them online.
    Sorry for the late reply. I will look them for you up this week. I was busy with other (non Trainz) activities this weekend.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Railshuttle View Post
    Hokay some pics form my new layout. A small city that I haven't named yet, the site of a future large city by the lake, The makings of the Mid Central Line/ Azure line junction.

Nice. I llke the city in the first screenshot.

Well you're right ricardolucasandoval: The entire route is quite large. It consist of both standard gauged "Western" freight trains, (UP and BNSF) and so far two JR like lines, (The orange line and the Azuel or blue line) the Odakyu trains are running on the blue line as I tend to use only blue colored trains on it so you'll find some of the old 103s of the JR line that runs to Yokohama and some of the new aged stuff. The Orange line uses orange colored trains and will feature oldies like the 103 Osaka commuter trains to the modern commuter and express trains.
    Haven't made the Shinkansen route yet as I'm trying to finnish off the blue line. I jump form the western stuff to the JR stuff so next month I'll be working on the western stuff on the route.
    Glad you liked the city pic pagroov. One of the challenges for me was to make sure the cites don't look the same even if they all share some of the same buildings. I would like to touch up the trackside with some shrubs when I get around to it. I wanna try to make smaller suburbian towns but it's kinda hard. Just what constitues a small Japanesse like suburb?

For all JNR steam fans out there, here are two films that might be interesting:

First up, here's a film from 1972: "challenging the Tempoku pass"

Set in 1935, it's a dramatization of a class 9600 steam locomotive trying to climb the steep Tempoku pass (25permil) on the Tempoku Line in Hokkaido.
    The first part prominently fetaures Nayoro depot, one of the last steam locomotive depots in japan with 9600 Class locomotives in it's roster (a total of 13 plus seven "more modern" D51s).
    Depsite being set in 1935 (including period-correct uniforms), there are a few details that give away the actual time of filming - the last days of steam during the early 1970s and it's overall a great source of inspiration for our routes.

Unfortunately, this film is in Japanese only, without any subtitles.

The locomotive fetaured in the film is Class 9600 unit 472, wich was retired and scrapped shortly after filming. Mainline steam services ended in 1975, and in 1989 the Tempoku Line was abandoned.
    Unfortunately no 9600 Class locomotives have been preserved in real life, however, we can still enjoy driving one in trainz simulator: several 9600 Class locomotives made by Keimei are avaible on the DLS - among those, Unit 448 (49648), built to "Hokkaido specifications" and the closest running number to the one fetaured in the film above as well.
    My trainz downloads are here and my youtube is here.

Then here's the second one: "Engineer's Assistant"

This one, rather than a dramatization, is a proper documentary filmed in 1963, detailing the duties and the work of a fireman on a C62 locomotive hauling express trains on the Joban Line, shortly before the switch to electric traction.
    A gem of a film, it's full of JNR-era goodness, mostly centered on C62s but with great shots of the KiHa 81s and EF70s, and also includes a rare recording of the 1000 Series prototype Shinkansen!

In this one the audio is Japanese, but rest assured, we're lucky as here english subtitles are present - directly in the video!

Overall, a great film, wich not only details the job of a fireman, but also the training and the moments of rest at a depot (in this case Mito Depot) between a shift and the other.
    One thing that the film makes across is that being fireman was a dirty and tiring job! You can bet that when steam drivers and firemans moved over to electric and diesel locomotives and multiple units, they never looked back.

The C62 is also avaible for trainz - Hanshin9501 made one ago, and many upgrades of his model (some good, some poor) are avaible thruought the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexMaria View Post
    A gem of a film, it's full of JNR-era goodness, mostly centered on C62s but with great shots of the KiHa 81s and EF70s
    One correction:

The electric loco featured in this film is actually EF80, which was designed and built for anticipating the presence of 1.5kV DC - 20kV 50Hz AC overhead line dead section located between Toride and Fujishiro station, though the dead section itself is actually located inside the Fujishiro station (since it was installed on the position just after passing the Sendai-bound (downward) home signal of Fujishiro station).
    "Prepare for the worst, even if the result is actually better than the expected"

A litte preview of the E531 Series engine sound I am making

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pasha2 View Post
    Hello, some missing kuids from Snapshot 3 of Icarus v2.0:

kuid2:146087:60820:1
    kuid2:60850:23113:6

Searched for em, but only got results of other peeps looking for them online.
    Both are Unkown on my system. But they are probably built ins for Trainz 2019 Platinum.

Anyway edit the route and use the delete assets function. Then resave the route.

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=Jdriver;1867494

A litte preview of the E531 Series engine sound I am making[/QUOTE]

Nice Sound

Chuo line entering Ogikubo Station 荻窪駅 (Where I live)

My first screenshot in the forums

Foggg

@AlexMaria - I love your stuff I really do and have so much of it, which unfortunately has led to so many KUID conflicts. Not criticising or anything but genuinely curious why you don't just use a brand new KUID number instead of overwriting your older content?

Quote Originally Posted by Prince271088 View Post
    @AlexMaria - I love your stuff I really do and have so much of it, which unfortunately has led to so many KUID conflicts. Not criticising or anything but genuinely curious why you don't just use a brand new KUID number instead of overwriting your older content?
    Yes, my apologies. It's a conflict problem that happens with most of my older ("pre-2018") reskins.

<kuid:668654:100033>
    I've checked and as i suspected, it's indeed a case of Kuid duplication.

This probably happened because once i made the 200 Series "placeholder" in summer of 2017, i started to have several issues with the TZ12 i was then using, and i had to re-install it, meanwhile losing most, if not all, of my content.
    After having reinstalled trainz and most of my "lost" content (indeed except the 200 Series and something other), i got back at making trains again, but evidently, trainz "unknowingly" assigned some already-used Kuid numbers to my more recent trains.
    What i suggest to do is to delete all of the following content, wich are the ones that are causing these issues:

- 200 Series "placeholder" reskin
    - 0 Series "smooth texture" reskin
    - 415 Series (newer, better version avaible on my website for both JNR, JR East and JR Kyushu)
    - 115 Series Minobu Line livery (newer, better version avaible on my website)
    - Yamanote Line 101 and 103 Serieses (newer version planned)
    - Joban Line 103 Series pack (newer version planned)
    - KuMoYuNi 143 Minobu Line livery (newer version planned)
    - Reskins of Rizky_Adiputra's E231-500 and 205 Serieses (newer versions already avaible on my website)
    - Reskins of Rizky_Adiputra's Tokyo Metro 6000 Series (replaced by my own 3D models, avaible on my website)

Quote Originally Posted by duskeyduskey View Post
    Foggg
    Nice screenshot!

Quote Originally Posted by hirochi View Post
    available DLS

JRH S2 KOMACHI 01 <KUID:461543:100666>
    JRH S2 KOMACHI 02 <KUID:461543:100667>
    JRH S2 KOMACHI 03 <KUID:461543:100668>
    JRH S2 TSUBASA 01 <KUID:461543:100669>
    JRH S2 TSUBASA 02 <KUID:461543:100670>
    JRH S2 TSUBASA 03 <KUID:461543:100671>

Hello,
    I have a suggestion for Hirochi:
    E1 Shinkansen, either in the early DDS E1 livery of 1994, the later livery identical to the E4P, or maybe even both .
    It shouldn't be too hard to do, just add the head of the E1 on top of an E4P (and maybe repaint the cars if the DDS version is being done) in the fasion of the other builds.

Thanks,
    pasha2
    Bored.

Yes, my apologies. It's a conflict problem that happens with most of my older ("pre-2018") reskins.

What i suggest to do is to delete all of the following content, wich are the ones that are causing these issues:

- 200 Series "placeholder" reskin
    - 0 Series "smooth texture" reskin
    - 415 Series (newer, better version avaible on my website for both JNR, JR East and JR Kyushu)
    - 115 Series Minobu Line livery (newer, better version avaible on my website)
    - Yamanote Line 101 and 103 Serieses (newer version planned)
    - Joban Line 103 Series pack (newer version planned)
    - KuMoYuNi 143 Minobu Line livery (newer version planned)
    - Reskins of Rizky_Adiputra's E231-500 and 205 Serieses (newer versions already avaible on my website)
    - Reskins of Rizky_Adiputra's Tokyo Metro 6000 Series (replaced by my own 3D models, avaible on my website)
    Yeah it makes sense. I mean it's a shame because I've had dependencies in consists come up as stuff like level crossings so I've had to junk out a lot of the consists. I have a massive Trainz hard drive so in truth probably need to go through everything that's in there anyway but it would take me literally weeks.