Japan

Did I read you made a Skyliner Sound? My AE1-Keisei is making no sound in Trainz.

I'm trying to fix that up. fortunately, i've compared some of my engine sounds with other enginesounds mase for TS12 (mostly made by norfolksouther21 of JointedRail), and I've found that there's a new tag(s) in TS12. newer versions, newer features.

Last edited:
Happy birthday PJAMA-san.:p
And nice to see many beautiful screenshots.

@station
Recommend to use AJS invisible station, plus JP platform and etc. Also AJS terminal templates are usefull.

@Densha de go
I've played it with Nintendo, of course Japanese version.:hehe:

@sound
I saw some thread about TS12 sound problem, but I'm not certain these are concerned to the Skyliner sound issue.

@Mizuyama, Kitsuno...
I wonder where these Japanese names come from. Fictional? Seeing any Japanese documents?

Now I'm making new buildings. then go to the new train.

@sound
I saw some thread about TS12 sound problem, but I'm not certain these are concerned to the Skyliner sound issue.
no, this has to be it. look at this:

capturehgg.png

these new tags. that's whats new to TS12

Sorry that I was not clear. But I get no sound in Trainz 2009. I have TS12 but do not use it to build my layout. I redownloaded the Skyliner but still no sound.
Do I miss some files?

Happy Birthday PJAMA.

@pagroove try to download theKeisei AE music horn from download station, if that doesn't work try to edit the train by using Content Creator Plus in Content Manager (CCP).
I can remember the new enginesounds from E231 and E225 didn't work for me either untill I learned how to use CCP.

If you don't know how to use CCP then read the following short tekst.

When in Content Manager use the search to find Keisei AE and when found use your right mouse button on the train vehicle and select open for edit located in edit.
After this click on
edit in Content Creator Plus to start CCP.
When opened go to hornsound and use the button left from the C button.
Now type Keisei and select the file, then save and press on commit located in edit.

Hope it helps.

Happy birthday from me too PJAMA!:wave:

Keimei-san Mizuyama is fictional. I used that name because I knew the kanji for it. As for PJAMA's suggestions I'm not sure.

Great work with your route pagroove.:)

G'day everyone!

Hey. This post is not so much related to Trainz as it is Japanese trains in general.

I found some websites selling some Japanese model trains.

http://i.imgur.com/2mpCT.jpg

They are diecast an N-scale. They cost about 30 - 40 dollars each for both the model and shipping :'(.

These are small deformed trains. Pretty cute, for trains that is :D

http://i.imgur.com/1m0lk.jpg

They even had my favorite train at the moment.

http://i.imgur.com/flqg3.jpg

Japan is really into their trains. Love it!

I am lately working on a second part for my route which is concentrated more mountain and country wise then city.
But I am also working on updating the made city part.

Here are 3 pics of results.
sagoda2.jpg

Here you see Sagoda East (I replaced Tokyo name with Sagoda, and Sagoda with Shindaku, names are fictional) where I added different trees, added sidewalks and streetlight.
sagoda1.jpg

This is the other part of Sagoda East where I only replaced the trees.
sagoda3.jpg

This is the forest south of Sagoda where I added 3 other textures(there was only 1 texture).
hanshin.jpg

Here is an different picture where I am working on the second part(where the new Hanshin 5000 from Keimei is driving).
Here I only added cantenaries and am thinking about textures and less trees.

Great shots!. What is the name of the track you used in the last shot?

Plate_Girder_Bridge_02 from Kenichiro

Other I have problems with japanese traffic, when I set the geographical region in edit route to rural Japan or Kyoto Japan it works, but when I go to driver it doesn't work anymore and also in the editor when I return back untill I press edit the route again, any solutions?

Last edited:
Slightly off topic but Japan-related. Is there any forum member who lives in Japan near a Shinkansen station and who is able to make a video and put in on youtube AND let me use the sound file?

I made some excellent Japan Shinkansenstation ambient sounds (as an experiment) for myself. (did not upload it)

Problem is that it currently uses different mixed sounds from Youtube movies so to do it legally I need someone to record and let me use the material.

Editing is no problem for me as I have the proper tools.

All I can say that the Shinkansen stations suddenly come to live with the proper sounds!:)

Thanks for the very good content you have made keimei.

I have a question about the 225 series. I've seen a 8 car 225 serie coupled with another 4 car set of unknown(to me) series? Does it happen that they couple a 8 car 225 serie with a 4 car 225/321 series?

Last edited:
Welcome to Japan:)
I've seen a 8 car 225 serie coupled with another 4 car set of unknown(to me) series? Does it happen that they couple a 8 car 225 serie with a 4 car 225/321 series?
Yes! That must be 225 series 8 cars plus 223 series 4 cars. A train sometimes consists by mixed kinds of cars.
321 series consist is 7 cars fixed.
(Sorry, I dont have any plan to make 223 series now)

Welcome to Japan:)

Yes! That must be 225 series 8 cars plus 223 series 4 cars. A train sometimes consists by mixed kinds of cars.
321 series consist is 7 cars fixed.
(Sorry, I dont have any plan to make 223 series now)

Thanks. I've been to Japan two times and I love the JR and Metro system. Sure I love the 焼き鳥 and アサヒビール株式会社. :)
Anyways, no problem on the 223 series. I just wondered.

One more question. Any idea how to set up a Hanshin 1000 series 10 car train properly?

Edit: I'm gonna build a small loop line, so I wonder which of your trains would fit the best. I prefer a long train.

Last edited:
1000 series consists as follow...

Basic 6cars
[1201Tc]-[1001M]-[1101M]-[1301T]-[1051M]-[1251Tc]

Add-on 2cars
[1601Tc]-[1501Mc]

8cars = Add-on + Basic
10cars = Add-on + Add-on + Basic

About JR, 225 is used for rapid service by maximum 12 cars, 321 for local by 7 cars. I recomend using the both:)

Thanks keimei
Hopefully, I'm not jinxing myself, but I've started trackwork on the Yamanote line :)

At the moment, trackage runs from Harajuku to the southern entrance into Shinjuku. Had a minor setback due to a power outage, but I've gained more progress. I'm surprised the track work has gone this far so quick. I only started about an hour or so ago.

I started this mainly because I have all of the Japanese EMUs downloaded, but there are no decent routes to run. I will post screenies of the trackwork ASAP.

EDIT: I'm not sure if I will go the entire loop, thats a LOT. I'll stop when my PC starts lagging :)

Harujuku Station

isaacg_20110923_0000.jpg

Yoyogi 'Approach'(because I dont know what else to call it lol)

isaacg_20110923_0002.jpg

Yoyogi, the Yamanote seems to split off here, one going into Yoyogi station, and the other dipping down, crossing over the street(at grade-level), and continuing on to Shinjuku.

Yoyogi Station

isaacg_20110923_0004.jpg

Yoyogi(Northwards) and Shinjuku(South) Stations. They seem to be very close together.

isaacg_20110923_0005.jpg

I can't wait to detail the route! I think I'm going to need to dip into gMax a lot. Especially for the different station objects(specifically the roofs)
Very interesting project.
How is it going?

I'm making a map myself that is based on Tokyo and Japan, but I don't think my Yamanote line will be as ambitious as yours

I worked further on detailing Sagoda East and it is almost finished and I wanted to show 3 pics of finished results.
japansagoda02.jpg

The other side of the station, shown earlier. (the trees and grass splines above in the pic are just put up there so I won't forget what I wanted to use and don't have to search all objects again).
japansagoda03.jpg

Hospital next to station.

japansagoda01.jpg

Other end of station

@phadis Good luck with your new route

And thanks for the new buildings Keimei.:)

EDIT: And thanks for the small objects like billboards, especialy the building mounted ones, how long do you need to make all of these things because you are really fast and in great quality

Last edited:
Back