Japan

All this Japanese stuff is truely superb, just one question though, Where did you get that train in the backround Conny? Anyway , this is truely superb and i just luve this :drool:

I just got back from a trip to see family in Arizona (Man, it's hot!!) and found the Kiha11 on the DLS. I'm downloading now and then I'll try it out.
The pictures are great.

:cool:Claude

Hardly! It was never above 113 where I was.:hehe: I almost needed a jacket.

I'm missing the bogeys for the Kiha11 (59931:9969). Does anyone know where they came from?

:cool: Claude

Stunning screenshots there. Where did you get all those japanese buildings with the japanese writing on it and logos etc.
Looks like downtown tokyo.

Did you make those buildings?

Last edited by a moderator:
wow....stunning... astonishing..... very very nicely done screens... Hope I can drive one of those japanese trains on my own layout one of these days. Still I am wondering if there are no other japan trainz sites.. I for instance love DMU's and EMU's. Like the Japanese KIHA 81 series. Bur where can I find those ??

Nonetheless.. in anticipation of the release of the bullet-trainz and the lovely buildings in the picture.. I will keep returning to these pages, just to dream away....

PINIJ

A beginer from JAPAN

I am a TRAINZ beginner:) in Japan.
Unfortunately, TRAINZ is not so popular:'( in Japan.
Mr. nozoming is my only teacher in Japan.
Recently, this thread is sleep.
So, please look at my latest works.

One is EF58, old standard electric locomotive for the express train of old Japan National Railways.
080211ef586617trs0604sd9.jpg

The blue-white electric train is keninchiro-san 's type 113 repainted for Yokosuka-line in the Kanto area in Jpapan.
But these are on the standard gauge(1,435mm).

Another is EF15, old standard electric locomotive for the freight train.
080211ef156006trs0606mr9.jpg

Blue electric commuter repainted is keihinn-toohoku line in the same area.

Please come to the following my blog, if possible.
Now it is in Japanese.
http://ameblo.jp/hanshin9501/

My best regards in the future.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Maido!! Welcome to our humble forum.
I really like the EF58 locomotive, and your model of it is metcha impressive. It looks so real!:clap:
You're EF15 looks just as real. I hope you can be persuaded to add these to the Download station. Many of us would love to have such realistic engines.
Thank you for showing us these beautiful locomotives.

Great Thanks from JAPAN

Thank you for your kind reply immediately.
I'm really glad:D .
There is little reaction in Japan even if my work is up to my blog.

And there is a great problem in my EF58 & EF15 though I want to put my contents on DLS.
The wheels of their bogey doesn't turn well:'( .
Therfore please wait a little while researching "bogey"again.

Thank you.

Wonderful work!

Beautiful creations! You are very creative. Welcome... you have found a home for your work!

Dave :wave:

I might be confused?!

Thank you for "Tokkuy40 san" and your valuable suggestion.

I've read the following "Gmax Shiny Wheel Tutorial" to make wheels..
http://www.worldoftrainz.com/Pages/Tutorials_TRS2004/GmaxShinyTutTRS.htm

And I've followed the "3d Studio Max Bogey/Truck Creation Tutorial" to make my bogeies.
http://www.worldoftrainz.com/Pages/Tutorials_TRS2004/3dsTruckTutTRS.htm

But, I might be confused:'( .
I'll try to arrange the problem.
Then please teach me.

And more pictures for you;
This is "Tokkyuu Sakura", special express train from Tpkyo to Osaka in 1957-1958.
10052927641.jpg

They are Type 73 Electric Commuter Train at the same era.
10050987218.jpg

Thank you very much:D .

Last edited:
Oh my god . . . .

These screen shots bring back memories.

I was born in Yokohama. I lived just 20 minutes walk from the North/South mainline and used take walks down to the tracks and watch the trains for hours back in late 50's to mid 60's . . . yeah, I'm old . . . 56 . . . :'(

I saw all these trains in person. I rode the brown commuter . . . and the green and orange train . . . Saw some mainline and branch line steam action too. My favorite was the D51 . . . I think thats the number. It resembles the UP Northern FEF "elephant ears".

Can't remember the name of the line but I had to take a 20 minute train ride every day to school. Catholic English speaking schools were few and far between in those days in Japan.

My family left Japan for California in 1970 so I got to see the Bullet train, but never got to ride it.

I sure hope many Japanese trains and engines become available on DLS !!

Thanks guys.

Your Type 73 looks great! That's the kind of workmanship I was trying to achieve when I tried to learn to make rolling stock.
I got my wheels to turn in Gmax, but I never got anything to show up in Trainz. I tried to make a locomotive, but all that showed up in Rail Yard was the horn sound.
If your wheels turn at the wrong speed, you might try adjusting the number of frames in the animation cycle in Gmax.

I have two small questions.
Are these in 1067mm gauge?
How do the Tigers look this year?;)

Back