Japan

Hi all, it is Kazuo again ...
Purchased TRS19 today:wave:
I wish to present my new project that I was working for a while in T:ANE ... One of in my prefecture line Wakayama line in JR WEST Nara pref.
Rolling stock that you will be able use by keimei-san: JR 103, 105, 227, 201
In addition, I will create 221 series in the future... my local train and one of my favorite modern EMU (and one of few:hehe:ww)
It contains alot of custom object as you can see in image.. some of them I already upload on the DLS in preparation for launching this route .. it will be free on my blog. Here is some screenshots of trial in TRS19.:eek::eek: To access the objects uploaded so far, please enter the author name "domifarmer" or my creator NO. 808998 in the DLS.

BTW, The shunter locomotive , DD13, will be soon also avaiable for order ... Price will be 10$ (1400JPY) for 3 or 4 different reskin , and a bonus .. Still in progress.

DD13 trial in TRS19. The exterior has performed flawlessly, even better than T:ANE , maybe bcuz I use a normal map..But on other hand I AM VERY disappointed:confused:The interior was ruined in TRS19 !!! I will have remove Specular and Normal map at cost of atleast look normal .. the texture looks like foggy , very ugly and like a plastic..

For anyone who play 「NIKKE Goddess Of Victory 」on your Phone .. here is billboard of Aris in DLS
<kuid:808998:100013> jp_adNIKKEAris
;)

This last picture was taken in T:ANE. It's Kitauchi Station at Wakayama line. Please, stay tuned for the project that will hopefully appear soon. Thank you.

Purchased TRS19 today
I wish to present my new project that I was working for a while in T:ANE ... One of in my prefecture line Wakayama line in JR WEST Nara pref.
In addition, I will create 221 series in the future... my local train and one of my favorite modern EMU (and one of fewww)
It contains alot of custom object as you can see in image.. some of them I already upload on the DLS in preparation for launching this route .. it will be free on my blog. Here is some screenshots of trial in TRS19. To access the objects uploaded so far, please enter the author name "domifarmer" or my creator NO. 808998 in the DLS.

BTW, The shunter locomotive , DD13, will be soon also avaiable for order ... Price will be 10$ (1400JPY) for 3 or 4 different reskin , and a bonus .. Still in progress.

DD13 trial in TRS19. The exterior has performed flawlessly, even better than T:ANE , maybe bcuz I use a normal map..But on other hand I AM VERY disappointedThe interior was ruined in TRS19 !!! I will have remove Specular and Normal map at cost of atleast look normal .. the texture looks like foggy , very ugly and like a plastic..

For anyone who play 「NIKKE Goddess Of Victory 」on your Phone .. here is billboard of Aris in DLS

This last picture was taken in T:ANE. It's Kitauchi Station at Wakayama line. Please, stay tuned for the project that will hopefully appear soon. Thank you.

now ill wait for the blue archive billboards :hehe:

anyways more E217
E217_Rain__4_.png
E217__5_.png
E217__7_.png
E217__6_.png
E217__8_.png

Purchased TRS19 today:wave:
In addition, I will create 221 series in the future... my local train and one of my favorite modern EMU (and one of few:hehe:ww)
It contains alot of custom object as you can see in image.. some of them I already upload on the DLS in preparation for launching this route .. it will be free on my blog. Here is some screenshots of trial in TRS19.:eek::eek: To access the objects uploaded so far, please enter the author name "domifarmer" or my creator NO. 808998 in the DLS.

DD13 trial in TRS19. The exterior has performed flawlessly, even better than T:ANE , maybe bcuz I use a normal map..But on other hand I AM VERY disappointed:confused:The interior was ruined in TRS19 !!! I will have remove Specular and Normal map at cost of atleast look normal .. the texture looks like foggy , very ugly and like a plastic..

;)

Never thought I'd see a NIKKE character in Trainz. Thia is pretty cool!! I'm a Ralhie and Anis fan. Does the character come with the billboard or is she seperate?

They have been doing this alot for real. I wonder does the smoke ash affect the wires and if it does, how would they clean it off?

I'm pretty confident that the quantity of ash and soot that sticks to the catenary wires is entirely negligible, nothing that cannot be wiped clean by the first pantograph passing trough.

Nice screenshots evryone! I do also have something to share today, not a screenshot (well, actually, technically yes, there's a screenshot as well), but a new model! Continuing with the Toei Asakusa Line, here's the 5200 Series from 1976!

Toei-5200-Series.jpg

Now available on my website!

In the mid-1970s, due to the commencment of various trough-services to and from various lines, as well as the rapid and relentless urbanisation around stations served by Asakusa Line trains (both on the Asakusa Line proper as well as on the correlated trough-service lines of Keikyu and Keisei), the Asakusa Line's ridership was rapidly increasing, "stretching" it's fleet to a point where new trains were urgently needed.

To this end, to relieve congestion and overcrowding, Toei planned to introduce two additional sets to supplement the 25 or so 5000 Series trains that were in service on the Asakusa Line since it's opening in 1960.
Manufactured by Alna Koki, the new trains were introduced in 1976, formed as two six-car sets. At first glance, the new trains looked nothing like their predecessors - since eight year had passed since the delivery of the last 5000 Series trains in 1968 (and a full 16 years since the original design of these trains), the new trains were based on Toei's then-lastest rolling stock, the 6000 Series for the Mita Line (of wich an additional batch, coincidentally of two six-car sets, was being built at the time by Alna Koki itself for the line's extension to Nishi-Takashimadaira) as well as the 10-000 Series 10-010F prototype for the under-construction Shinjuku Line.

From these two, the Asakusa Line's new trains most notably inherited the stainless-steel bodyshell with a functional and unassuming flat-front, distinctive double headlights within a oval case and much of the interiors' fittings and furniture, as well as some other components such as doors and pantograhps. Other improvement over the older trains included a raised, widened and more comfortable cab, pneumatic-suspension bogeys as well as predisposition for an eventual retrofitting of air-conditioning.

Original plans also called for these trains to be fitted with the energy-saving chopper control, however, after some considerations, it was decided to equip these new trains with the same camshaft resistor control as the older 5000 Series, as a way to simplify maintainance as well as spare parts procurement, making them technically identical and compatible with the older trains. Due to this, the new trains, numbered 52XX, were officially classified into the 5000 Series as it's "6th batch".

The two new trains entered regular services on the Asakusa Line on the 28th of February 1976, being used interchangeably from the start with the older 5000 Series, both on Asakusa Line-only services as well as trough-services with both the Keikyu and Keisei networks.

The first decade went relatively uneventful - the first major modification these train underwent came at the end of the 1980s, with the start of air-conditioning retrofitting works: the second set (cars 5207 to 5212) was the first to be retrofitted, in December 1988, being followed by the other set (cars 5201 to 5206) in October 1989, making them the first air-conditioned trains on the Asakusa Line. Starting from 1993, due to their air-conditioning, these two trains began to be increasingly used, almost exclusively, on trough-services to and from Haneda Airport. The two sets returned to be used interchangeably with the rest of the Asakusa Line's fleet in 1994, as more and more of the brand-new air-conditioned and inverter-controlled 5300 Series trains were introduced in service to replace the ageing 5000 Series, replacement that was completed by the summer of the following year, with the last 5000 Series being retired on the 1st of July 1995.

Owning to their relatively "younger" age, the two 5200 Series sets weren't retired as well, but retained, altough reformed into a single 8-car set (to match the 5300 Series' 8-car lenght) in December 1996, with the four surplus cars being scrapped.
With the delivery of the last 5300 Series set, No.27, in 1997, the "merged" 5200 Series set began to be increasingly used as a spare train, ending all operations (except occasional special circumstances) on the Keikyu Network by summer 1999, being mostly confined to the Nishi-Magome to Sengakuji "branch" of the Asakusa Line (wich, depsite being drawn otherwise on maps, is operated independently from the "main line" that runs between Sengakuji and Oshiage). Only one trough-service operation remained, a late-night rountrip to Keisei-Takasako, altough this service was also over time increasingly assigned to the 5300 Series.

On the 14th of August 2000, these two trains were officially reclassified as the "5200 Series", a classification that had been in "unofficial" use since the introduction of the trains themselves in 1976 to better distinguish between the "original 5000 Series" and the two newer sets.

Finally, as the cars were nearing their 30th year of age, Toei opted to retire the 5200 Series from Asakusa Line services, now surplus thanks to some operational changes to Nishi-Magome Depot, among wich the combination and expedition of maintainance and inspection operations, wich meant that the number of rotating sets undergoing routine maintainance could be reduced by one, and thus, one less set was needed to cover the assignments of the out-of-service sets, with the 5200 Series being the perfect candidate for retirement.
On the 28th of December 2006 the 5200 Series was exhibited for the last time at Toei's "Toei Festa", Toei's "Open Day", usually held at Nishi-Magome depot, and on the 3rd of November, the 5200 Series made it's last trip, with a "Final Run" service running between Nishi-Magome and Chiba Newtown-Chuo Station on the Hokuso Line, ending almost 31 years of service.

After the last run, the 5200 Series was stored for a few weeks, but on the 20th of December the set was packed and shipped to Keikyu Railway's "Fine Tech" branch in Kurihama, where it was scrapped between January and February 2007, unfortunately without any car surviving into preservation.

Trivia 1:
The retrofitting of air-conditioning unit added a non-trascurable weight of 700Kg per car.

Trivia #2
A 5200 Series set, or more precisely it's interiors (such at 0:18, 0:50, 3:00 and so on), is fetaured in the 1978 "So Lonely" music video of the british Pop Rock band "The Police".
Subway scenes were filmed at various stations of the Asakusa Line and also fetaure Toei 5000 Series trains in their original cream and salmon livery (1:03) Keikyu 1000 Series trains (2:04) and Keisei 3500 Series trains in their original stainless steel with red lines livery, coincidentally very similar to the 5200 Series, but distinguishable by the presence of "Keisei" logos near the doors (such at 2:11). Some interior shots were also filmed on Keisei's 3500 Series trains - these can be distinguished by the unpainted stainless steel doors, whereas the 5200 Series' doors inwards side is painted in the same sand/cream colour as the rest of the interior paneling.

Above-ground scenes were instead filmed in british Hong Kong, with some fetauring the iconic double-decker trams (0:38, 0:45 etc.).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX6MvV8cbh8

And finally, this week's new pack - the final Asakusa Line train, and the final Toei subway train for a while - the 5000 Series!

Toei-5000-Series.jpg

Original livery (1960 to mid-1980s) on the left, later livery (1981-1995) on the right.

Now available on my website!

The 5000 Series entered service in 1960 as the first train of the Asakusa Line, and by extension, the first subway train of the Bureau of Transportation of the Tokyo Metropolitan Government, Tokyo's second subway operator.

Originally, subways in Tokyo were planned (or sort-of) and operated by private companies, each with it's own plans and objectives, wich didn't aim for a true cohesive network. At the time, the sole subway line in Tokyo, the current Ginza Line was operated by Tokyo Underground Railroad and Tokyo Rapid Railway, two separate companies each planning different extensions and new lines for the benefit of the company themselves rather than for the city's sake.
To put some order in this mess of private operators, in 1941 the imperial government stepped in, and trough wartime special powers, forcibly merged the two operators into one largely independent and administratively-autonomous company under the ownership of the government itself - the Teito Rapid Transit Authority, or TRTA.
The agreement was that Tokyo Government's Bureau of Transportation (besides retaining ownership and management of surface transit - busses and the Toden tramway network) was to put forth plans and designs for new subway lines, and TRTA was to build and operate them indefinitely on Tokyo Government's behalf.

This worked well in the post-war years, with the construction of the Marunouchi Line thruought the 1950s, however with the Japanese economy in full post-war boom, rapid urbanisation and increasing road congestion, subway construction had to be urgently expedited, and to top it off, Tokyo had just been selected as the host for the 1964 Olympics.

Accordingly, in the late 1950s, the Tokyo Metropolitan Government began to expedite the planning and design phases of a handful of "key" lines, giving the greenlight for the construction of Line No.1 and Line No.2 (the Ginza Line being officially called Line No.3, and the Marunouchi Line being Line No.4).

Line No.1 had been first concieved in the early 1940s, right after the formation of TRTA, as a link between the Keisei Electric Railway in the north-east of Tokyo, and the Keihin Kyuko Electric Railway (the current Keikyu), wich connected Shinagawa to Yokohama and further southwards. Line No.2 was concieved in the early 1960s as a link between Tobu Railway (in particular it's Iseaki Line, the trunk of Tobu's "main" network radiating out from the Asakusa terminus) and Tokyu Corporation's Toyoko Line. Plans were refined over time, with Line No.1 running from Oshiage (where it would've linked with Keisei) and Sengakuji (the link with Keikyu) with a branch to the Magome area, whereas Line No.2 was planned to run between Kita-Ayase (connecting to the Tobu Iseaki Line as well as providing an interchange with the JNR Joban Line) and Naka-Meguro on the Tokyu Toyoko Line.

However, with the simultaneous approval of both lines, some opposition arose on TRTA's side - the two lines were largely parallel (running for a good portion of their route only about 400m apart) and were to be built following the same phase order, from north to south, effectively building two apparently duplicated lines at the same time. TRTA's argument was that it made no sense to build two duplicate lines at the same time when there was urgent need for subway lines elsewhere in Tokyo. Some objections came from the national government itself as TRTA was under government ownership, and the government itself provided the bulk of subway construction funding.

In the end, after lenghty institutional debates, the issue was settled as follows: TRTA agreed to build and operate Line No.2 as per previous agreements, Line No.1 instead was to be transferred to the Tokyo Metropolitan Government, wich would then take care of funding, construction and operations (the latter trough it's Transportation Bureau - Toei).

With the issue settled, construction began on Line No.1 in summer 1958, and the first section of the Toei Subway, five stations and 3,1Km between Oshiage station and Asakusabashi station, opened on the 4th of December 1960.
As it was designed to connect the Keisei and Keikyu networks, Toei's first subway trains had to be designed with trough-services in mind, in particular by meeting and adapting to existing Keikyu and Keisei standards and practices - the new trains were to be 1435mm-gauge (Keikyu having retained it's original standard gauge, while Keisei had recently re-gagued, with government support, from 1372mm to 1435mm), have 18m-long car bodies with three doors per side and be powered by a 1500v DC catenary system (instead of the 600v DC third rail used on the two older subway lines).

However, some influence from the other two lines was retained - Toei's new subway trains were based on TRTA's 500 Series, then the lastest subway train in Tokyo, built, and on delivery at the time for the Marunouchi Line. In particular, the bodyshells and window arrangment were carried over from the 500 Series, coincidentally also a train with 18m-long cars with three doors per side - the former however were considerably enlarged so as to take advantage of the taller loading gauge allowed by catenary-powered lines.

Classified as the "5000 Series" and manufactured by Nippon Sharyo, Tokyu Car Co., Kinki Sharyo and Naniwa Koki (the current Alna Koki) with Hitachi electric equipment and painted in a red and cream livery with a stainless steel moulding along the side (a livery almost identical to the one applied on contemporary Keisei trains built for trough-services), the new trains entered service with the opening of the line itself in December 1960, formed as two-car sets.

Construction works on Line No.1's southward extensions proceeded initially smoothly, with the line being extended 700m southwards to Higashi-Nihonbashi on the 31st of May 1962 (the same day that the Hibiya Line opened it's own extension to Ningyocho) and a further 700m southwards to Ningyocho five months later on the 30th of September.
However, various issues soon ensued, and the construction pace of Line No.1 considerably slowed. Higashi-Ginza (part of the current Ginza station interchange) was reached togheter with the Hibiya Line again on the 28th of February 1963, with a further 900m southward extension to Shimbashi on the 21st of December 1963. In the same timeframe, 5000 Series trains began to be reformed into 4-car sets (by combining two 2-car sets) and newly-built trains began to be delivered as seamless 4-car sets.

By now, Toei was gradually abandoning all hopes to open the rest of the line to Sengakuji atleast by the start of the Olympics, wich were to be held between the 10th and 24th of October 1964. A last ditch effort resulted in the opening of a provisional single track tunnel to Daimon station, near Tokyo Tower, on the 1st of October 1964, a mere nine days from the Olympics.
By comparison, TRTA had been luckier, managing to complete it's Hibiya Line between Kita-Ayase and Naka-Meguro by June 1964.

[continues in following post]

[continues from previous post]

With the olympics now past, the frenzy died down, and Toei considerably slowed down Line No.1's construction pace, only reaching Sengakuji, 2,6Km south of Daimon, on the 21st of March 1968, a full three-and-a-half years after the olympics.
However, nonetheless this was happy news - depsite the delay, Line No.1 was completed in it's core section, and the long-awaited reciprocal trough-services between Keikyu, Keisei and Toei commenced immediately.

The line wasn't however completed in it's entirety, as it was also planned to reach the Magome area. However, some problems arose here as well, this time in the form of some musings internal to Toei itself - the line alignment coincided roughly with what Toei was planning for it's Line No.6 (the future Mita Line) - another line whose construction was declined by TRTA, this time purely on cost issues (after all, TRTA was already building Line No.5 - the Tozai Line, and Line No.6 - the Chiyoda Line). Early plans called for Line No.6 to be built to the Asakusa Line's 1435mm gauge, so for it to act as a sort of "branch" for Line No.1 itself. However this conflicted with plans for Line No.6 to operate trough-service with Tobu Railway (this time it's "Tojo Line" network), wich used 1067mm gauge. In the end, the planned southern section (from Mita to the Magome Area) was curtailed and transferred to Line No.1, opening as far as Nishi-Magome (adding 6,9Km and five intermediate stations to the existing line) on the 15th of November 1968, bringing Line No.1 to it's current status. At the same time, 5000 Series trains were reformed yet again, this time into 6-car sets, by combining a 2-car set and a 4-car set. By the end of 1968, the 5000 Series' fleet was formed of 152 cars, formed as twenty-three 6-car sets (formed of -2 and -4 car sets) plus a spare 2-car set stored inside Nishi-Magome depot.

The next 15 years went trough relatively uneventful, with little to no changes to the trains themselves. 1978 however saw the abandonment of the official "Line Number" designation in favour of the current line names: Line No.1 became the "Asakusa Line" and Line No.6 was renamed as the "Mita Line".

Only by the early 1980s things started to move again - with the 5000 Series now 20 years old, a small refurbishment program was started, wich included a general overhaul of the bodyshell, refurbishment of the interiors and seat upholstery, fitting of new air compressors and a new door interlocking system, and most notably a new livery, ditching the distinctively 1960s-look of the original livery for a modern, clean-looking light cream livery with red side bands.

In 1983 Asakusa Line trough-services on the Keisei network were extended eastwards, from Higashi-Nakayama to Keisei Narita, all the way in Chiba Prefecture. A little less than a decade later in 1991 the trough-services were extended again, now to Higashi-Narita Station, serving Narita Airport, as well as onto the Hokuso Line.
However, by now most 5000 Series trains had passed their 30th year mark, and while adequate to the needs of the 1960s, the Asakusa Line trains lacked many facilities that 30 years later were now taken for granted, in particular air-conditioning. Furthemore, with the introduction of higher-performance rolling stock, the 5000 Series increasingly began to lag behind other railways' rolling stock, especially in tightly knit timetables such as Keikyu's.

A replacement was needed, and was timely introduced with the start of the afromentioned trough-services in 1991: the 5300 Series, Toei's new Asakusa Line train. A true far cry from it's predecessor, the highly sohpisticated, microprocessor-controlled, aereodynamic and air-conditioning fitted new trains contrasted sharply with the quintessentially "1960s barebones" concept of the 5000 Series that still run a majority of Asakusa Line services.

This wasn't to last much longer, with 5300 Series sets being delivered one after the other, the 5000 Series trains began to be retired, starting from the oldest trains still in operation. At the same time, remaining 4-car sets were combined togheter, forming 8-car sets to match the 5300 Series' lenght.
Finally, by mid-1995 enough 5300 Series sets had been delivered to finally retire the 5000 Series. One of the last surviving sets, formed of 4-car sets 5027 and 5195 was fitted with special "final run" headmarks and deployed on various special services between the 26th and the 30th of June, running between Nishi-Magome and Oshiage, Haneda and Chiba-Newtown-Chuo. The very final run came on the 2nd of July 1995, with a service between Nishi-Magome and Keisei-Narita, ending nearly 35 years of service.

Unfortunately, as is Toei's practice, retired cars were immediately scrapped. Only one car, 5069, has been saved, altough not for pubblic display - it's currently used as a training facility (togheter with a mockup subway station) at the Tokyo Fire Department School in Nishihara, Shibuya ward. It can be visited (togheter with all other training facilities) during open days or festivals open to the pubblic.

Trivia:
Being designed for subway operations, the 5000 Series didn't quite "fit in" with the express services it sometimes was assigned to - at it's maximium speed of 100Km/H floors and other interior fittings started to slightly vibrate and shake.

Hi guys. So these days I've been making a strange japanese themed route. Why strange? Well, besides the fact that I don't know how to make a great japanese route, this route is Japan-Argentina based. This means that the rolling stock and most of the route feeling is japanese but, the organisation is mostly a disaster, and the cities will not be that big (Argentina momento). I will do my best to make this a good route

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Welcome! That's a really nice route!

the organisation is mostly a disaster, and the cities will not be that big

Don't worry. As a urban planning student, i can attest that your cities are entirely realistic! Japanese urban planning in some aspects is almost entirely non-existent!

Yep. As it will be a long route I'll probably gonna release it in "Phases". Phase 1 will be like a demo with a small portion of the route; Phase 2 will have all the principal city completed (I don't have names yet :() And Phase 3 will have the countryside, completing the route.

Welcome! That's a really nice route!

Don't worry. As a urban planning student, i can attest that your cities are entirely realistic! Japanese urban planning in some aspects is almost entirely non-existent!

Glad to know that. Also had to watch many videos of driver's POV in different routes in real life just to see what does a japanese route have

Back