Japan

Well it depends on how long you want to make the route as Shinkansen are very fast and need alot of miles to really move. The loop could work if it's big enough.

Yes they are. They even have a single track version. The rest was the Retainer wall blocks of Japan, The entrance is really one of the station buildings of the UK and the old 2006 bullet train banners. The wires and cantenary are from KHB. IT also has the passenger lift and escelators. THe outer fences are made up of the JMA Shinkansen fence spline.

Can i get the kuids for all of these?

@Rowletmaster

Good luck on creating a new Shinkansen route. I advise you to first try to make a 100 km route. My Icarus Shinkansen v 2.0. route which I am still working on (in fact I have promised a new version some time ago) takes ages to fill up.

No scenery routes are in my opinion boring unless the trackage or scenario is ultra realistic but then you can in my opinion better move to something like BVE (that is if you strive for realism) or play the newly released JR East Simulator (which currently doesn't have Shinkansen routes but maybe it will in future. That sim is based on a fixed video though).

Some scenery could easily be possible without too much lag. It of course depends on what computer you aim for. But when I started my route years ago computers where just able to run. However in this time I find that TRS2019 on a reasonable powerful computer can easily run whole cites without too much lag.

Unless you are of course aiming for ultra high FPS that stays constant.

@All

BTW I will really try to release a new Icarus Shinkansen V2.0. version though. But I updated so much that in the next updates whole new lines are included. Also all stations on the Icarus Main Line are AI ready as they are named with station numbers.

Here's this week's new train, and the second-to-last part of my Keio 3000 Series pack - Gakunan Electric Railway's 7000 and 8000 Serieses!

Gakunan-Electric-Railway-7000-8000-Serieses.png

Already available on my website!

By the early-1990s, Gakunan Electric Railway was looking for a suitable replacement for it's ageing 5000 Series, wich were ex-Tokyu 5000 Series "Green frog" trains built in the mid-1950s and purchased by Gakunan Electric Railway in the early-1980s when the voltage of the line was switched from 600v to 1500v DC. Furthemore, the struggling railway was looking to introduce one-man operated trains on it's short line, as a way to save money.

The choice fell, like many other third-sector railways at the time, on 3000 Series trains from Keio Railway's Inokashira Line, a considerable batch of wich had just been made surplus by the introduction of the brand-new 1000 Series.
Gakunan Electric Railway purchased three intermediate cars and had them rebuilt by Keio Heavy Equipment Co. into cute little single-unit electric railcars by cutting both ends of the cars and replacing them with front cab portions taken from to-be scrapped cab cars. Other modifications included the refurbishment of the electrical equipment and the replacement of obsolete components with ones taken from to-be scrapped 6000 Series trains (among wich, the cab equipment and "T-Shaped" master controller) and of course, the addition of the necessary equipment for one-man operations (in-car farebox and fare displays and so on).

Repainted in Gakunan Electric Railway's strong orange colour and reclassified into the 7000 Series, the first "new" railcar, MoHa 7001 was delivered to the railway in December 1996, and was followed by the other two (MoHa 7002 and MoHa 7003) in September 1997. After some test runs, MoHa 7001 entered regular revenue services on the 8th of March 1997, with the other two entering service in December of that year, replacing the 5000 Series on regular services.

However, one 5000 Series set was retained as "spare", to operate occasional high-demand services or as a temporary replacement train if a 7000 Series was unavailable. This continued until 2002, when Gakunan Electric Railway decided to finally fully replace it's old ex-Tokyu stock by purchasing two more ex-Keio 3000 Series cars. These two, as they were intended to fullfill the same duties as the 5000 Series, were not converted into single-unit railcars like the 7000 Series and instead were reformed into a 2-car set. Refurbished by Keio Heavy Equipment Co. to the same standards as the 7000 Series (including ex-Keio 6000 Series cab furniture and one-man equipment), they were also repainted in the same color scheme as the other trains, altough this time with a different colour: green in place of orange.

Delivered to the railway in mid-2002, the 2-car set, classified as the "8000 Series" began services on the Gakunan Electric Railway on the 16th of November, with the remaining 5000 Series set being retired from services, altough retained on Gakunan Electric Railway's books up until 2006, when it was officially written-off.

Since then, the life of these trains has been relatively uneventful. One of the only notable events being in 2018, with the withdrawal from service of MoHa 7002 due to it's high mileage, and it's prompt replacement by a 2-car 9000 Series set (a third-hand train - an ex-Fujikyuko 1000 Series, itself an ex-Keio 5000 Series). The withdrawn railcar was preserved and it's now on display at Gakunan Fujioka Station along with Gakunan Electric Railway's withdrawn electric locomotives.

Currently, owning to the difficult financial situation of the company, no replacement is planned for either series, meaning that these small trains will continue to shuttle up and down the Gakunan line for years to come.

Trivia #1
The 8000 Series set was nicknamed "Gakuchan Kaguya-Fuji" after three different things: the nickname of the company itself ("Gaku-chan"), "Kaugya" (one of the characters of the "Taketoya" heinan-period fable) and "Fuji", after Fuji city, where the Gakunan Electric Railway is located.

Trivia #2
When the 8000 Series set is not in use, such as during the day, it sits on display at Gakunan-Eno station, the northern terminus of the line.

Trivia #3
As part of the various efforts to keep the company afloat during the pandemic ridership crunch, MoHa 7001 was used for "driving experiences" within Yoshiwara station.

@AlexMaria very nice trains. Thank you for making them.

I wanted to share this Youtube find:

Interesting NHK episode about the Alpha X Shinkansen and research to increase speed and reduce noise.

Last edited:
I don't know the exact kuids for them but you can find them on the Download Station under platforms or stations. You'll have to go all the way back to 2006 though/

@railshuttle, i wanted to know what is the kuid for the brick base you used for the shinkansen station, the brick base that the shinkansen track is currently laying on, with that i can build any shape of shinkansen station layout

Hey is there any MOW stuff for JP or narrow gauged railroads around?

As far as i know, there is no "strictly japanese" MOW stuff around, altough this can easily be overcome using european stuff. After all, many Japanese railways do import MoW equipment from overseas (as they are one of the very few railway-related things that aren't built domestically in Japan!), for example from Balfour-Betty or Plesser&Theuer, and with very few differences with their european counterparts (often even with the same exact yellow livery!).

For example, here's the delivery process for Meitetsu's brand new multiple-tie-tamper built in austria by Plesser&Theurer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b2VFHrefD0

You can check out this thread, it lists some MoW vehicles currently available for trainz.

A couple of the vehicles in the thread AlexMaria mentioned are NG. Sadly some of them are a little poorly constructed and could use a major overhaul

@railshuttle, i wanted to know what is the kuid for the brick base you used for the shinkansen station, the brick base that the shinkansen track is currently laying on, with that i can build any shape of shinkansen station layout
The station was built from Japan Retainer walls I had to use the height editor to get them the right size. They should be on the DLS under Japan Retainer walls. Some of the walls splines were form KDB and is payware. Hirochi has some Shinkansen stations also on the DL if you want to use them.

As far as i know, there is no "strictly japanese" MOW stuff around, altough this can easily be overcome using european stuff. After all, many Japanese railways do import MoW equipment from overseas (as they are one of the very few railway-related things that aren't built domestically in Japan!), for example from Balfour-Betty or Plesser&Theuer, and with very few differences with their european counterparts (often even with the same exact yellow livery!).

For example, here's the delivery process for Meitetsu's brand new multiple-tie-tamper built in austria by Plesser&Theurer.

Wow I didn't know the MOW stuff was imported. Thanks for the info!! The video was pretty cool too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b2VFHrefD0

You can check out this thread, it lists some MoW vehicles currently available for trainz.
I didn't know the JR MOW stock was imported. Guess I'll have to wait for some good NG MOW equipment as it's not very high on the priority list. Thanks for the intell though.

some screenshots of my latest progress on the K line route.
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg
[video]http://images.n3vgames.com/trainzportal/mytrainz/367040/screenshots/403134/800/My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg[/video]

Construction of the new West Sanito stations begins next month. The twin tunnels through the Hibiki Mountian range are complete as well as the bridge. Then it's westward bound to connect with the rest of the K line.
new-west-Sanito--station.jpg

And finally, here's the final part of my Keio 3000 Series pack - Iyo Railway's 3000 Series!

afafaf.png

Original cream livery (2009-2021) on the left, current all-over orange livery (2017-today) on the right.

Already available on my website!

The 3000 Series was introduced by Iyo Railway in the late '2000s as a replacement for the ageing 700 and especially 800 Series, both ex-Keio trains, the formers being ex-5000 Series trains built in the mid-1960s and purchased by Iyo Railway between the late 1980s and the mid-1990s, while the latters were 2000 Series trains built in the late 1950s and purchased between the mid- and the late-1980s.

The replacement choice fell on another Keio Railway train, the 3000 Series of the Inokashira Line, specifically the later-built batches, wich were nearing full replacement by hand of the additional batches of the newer 1000 Series. Iyo Railway opted to purchase 20 cab cars and 10 intermediate cars, to form a grand total of ten 3-car trains, enough to replace about 60% of the company's heavy-rail fleet.

After retirement and purchase, these cars were later handed to Keio Heavy Maintainance Co. wich was tasked with refurbishing them and modifiying to Iyo Railway's requests; these modifications included the fitting of an additional pantograph on half of the cab cars, a new traction system, replacing the trains' original shunt-chopper control and DC brush motors with a modern IGBT-VVVF inverter manufactured by Toyo Denki and three-phase AC motors as well as a gerneral adaptation of all the electrical equipment to work with Iyo Railway's 600v DC catenary instead of the 1500v DC for wich these trains were built.

Repainted in Iyo Railway's colours, orange, red and cream, but following the Inokashira Line-era color arrangment, the ten 3000 Series sets were delivered by truck to Iyo Railway in Matsuyama and entered service on all three of the company's heavy-rail lines, the Takahama, Yokogawara and Gunchu Lines, at a pace of roughly two trains evry six months between late August 2009 and late March 2012.

Since then, the 3000 Series has lived a relativel uneventful life, shuttling up and down all three of Iyo Railway's lines. The only notable change was the introdution in 2017 of Iyo Railways' new all-over orange livery, applied both to heavy-rail trains as well as tram and busses, wich gradually replaced the older one on 3000 Series trains by 2021.

As of today, all ten sets are still in service, being used seamlessly thruought the whole of Iyo Railway's heavy-rail network, and being the newest trains in the company's fleet, no replacement planned, nor they will not be expected to be retire for the next couple of decades.

The station was built from Japan Retainer walls I had to use the height editor to get them the right size. They should be on the DLS under Japan Retainer walls. Some of the walls splines were form KDB and is payware. Hirochi has some Shinkansen stations also on the DL if you want to use them.

Yea i tried to look for Japan Retainer walls on DLS search, didnt show up any. the closest thing i can search for is Concrete Retainer walls.

And what is KDB?

Yea i tried to look for Japan Retainer walls on DLS search, didnt show up any. the closest thing i can search for is Concrete Retainer walls.

And what is KDB?
KDB was a person who made lots of Japan objects like buildings and cars years ago. His stuff should still be on the DLS The Japan Retainer walls I've also got and used are from a payware site KHD. They have lots of buildings traoms and splines but they are payware.

Back