Japan

is Japanese one of those languages like Italian where most words end with a vowel? All of those towns and cities on the Trainz map end with a vowel. Japanese can end a word with a u, that is rare in English, usually an English word will end with ue.

More or less. Evry japanese word can be broken into Hiragana syllabic characters, each formed of a consonant and a wowel, or stand-alone wowels, with the only exception being the letter "N", wich is a consonant but can be stand-alone like a wowel.

japanese-watson.gif

So, japanese words, being all inevitably formed of hiragana characters will end either with a wowel as part of a syllabe, a stand-alone vowel (A, I, U, E, O) or the hiragana "ん" (N).
This also applies to foreign words, wich are "Japanised" by translitteration into an hiragana-equivalent (and phonetically identical) alphabet, the Katakana.

One of the very first Japanese words I learned when my ship pulled into Sasebo was "biru." Simply put, it means "beer." But it is also the name they gave me -- Biru. Note that it ends in a "u." I liked the name so much, I incorporated it into my first novel as the name of my main character.

Bill

Kogashiwa is here

Interestingly the gas turbine-modified JR Shikoku 2000 series DMU used by Kai Kogashiwa accidentally caused pollution problem at Kintetsu Nara station due to nonsense problems that delayed the start of duel between him and Takumi Fujiwara on the Kintetsu Nara Line. :hehe:

(for those who doesn't know: this is from the original Densha de D story, which is a parody of Initial D but with trains replaced cars)

This month I will be working to complete the Green Line (inspired by the Yamenote Line of course LOL!) So far, I've cranked out two stations and finnished the tracks of the West coast Shinkansen. You can see the junction as well as some train fans there. waiting to take that perfect shot. enjoy the photos.
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Really nice screenshots guys.
@ Railshuttle. I see your routes are getting better in quality every time. Do you plan to fill out the space between the Green Line and the West Coast Shinkansen? I like those railfans. Seem like they are some organized tour. BTW if I spot it right I see the NTT Docomo Tower in one of your screenshots. Is is available somewhere?

@ JDriver

Really good pics taken on my route. Again you managed to find some locations that I really have to search where they are. Keep up the great work.

@ DuskeyDusky really great to see the Marine Liner.

Here is a cabview Marine Liner drive from Okayama to Takamatsu over the Seto Bridge that I found on Youtube:

Last edited:
oh and hey pagroove its been a while!

what are the current progress of your icarus shinkansen route? i havent been reading the fourm much lately and few days ago i have bought TRS2022. So i was hoping to download the latest version.

Thanks pa groov! I haven't decided what to put there but that is the northern edge of the layout. I plan to connect it to the West Sanito Line route (That was still in beta stage) and connect that route to the SIRL So that hotel train can go to that resort to the far south east of it. I've downloaded lots of building packs for matura so The tower you speak of may have been in one of those. Thanks for the video too. That bridge has got to be 5 miles across!! IT's really long!!

@Pagroove Thanks, I always take shots at random locations, just cause a specific angle is good or the scenery is really good

hey @ pagroove what are the current progress of your icarus shinkansen route? i havent been reading the fourm much lately and few days ago i have bought TRS2022. So i was hoping to download the latest version.

hey @ pagroove what are the current progress of your icarus shinkansen route? i havent been reading the fourm much lately and few days ago i have bought TRS2022. So i was hoping to download the latest version.

Hi Rowletmaster see post #7213 on Page 481 of the Japan forum. There is the latest release with the info. and in post #7214 there are some screenshots.

Last edited:
so i have just downloaded the 100 series kodama and E3 series made by AlexMaria.

But then the E3 have faults on a bogey SS171 bogey or <kuid:438196:15002>.

then a car on the 100 series kodama got a missing dependencies. which is <kuid:668654:101872>

Back