Japan

Nice shots everyone!!
duskeyduskey: Is that train in your screen shot avaiable for download or is it still a WIP?
pagroov: do you remember which trains were messed up and which one's worked on trainz2019?
I couldn't find the second passenger car of the Snow Monkey Express so I used some cars off the new NEX train. They are a shade lighter but I guess it's the closest thing to having the original NEX express. Enjoy.
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Hey Duskey. I downloaded the route. PRetty impressive how much detail you were able to cram on one baseboard. I am however missing only one kuid and it's listed as an unknown asset. It's kuid2:82412:49891001:1. Its a ground texture cause I can still see the grid marks under everything. It's a nice micro route and sounds like it will be the first of a lot of modular mini routes we could put together.

Hey Duskey. I downloaded the route. PRetty impressive how much detail you were able to cram on one baseboard. I am however missing only one kuid and it's listed as an unknown asset. It's kuid2:82412:49891001:1. Its a ground texture cause I can still see the grid marks under everything. It's a nice micro route and sounds like it will be the first of a lot of modular mini routes we could put together.

I checked and it seems to be a payware asset, <kuid2:82412:49891001:1> TUME-Street-101. It should be in ECML Kings Cross - Edinburgh or Milwaukee Road Avery-Drexel. Replace it with some asphalt texture.

Very nice screenshots @ DuskeyDuskey. I also like the collages. And Quraisy very nice shots too.

@ DuskeyDusky. I downloaded your route. Very impressive 1 baseboard lay out lots of detail. Great job!

Ok. I'l use the Japan asphat then. So those new train pics. When can we expect them to be released?

Which trains? They’re all from JIRC, though the E353 is private.

Very nice screenshots @ DuskeyDuskey. I also like the collages. And Quraisy very nice shots too.

@ DuskeyDusky. I downloaded your route. Very impressive 1 baseboard lay out lots of detail. Great job!

Thanks, I plan to do more miniature routes like this. If you guys have any suggestions im here.

At Soga Depot Area.

Very nice pics, I like the 103.

my 2 cents for the Soga Depot route. Looks like I've found a new train for the Red Line Local Service. I'll hve to go over to the JIRC site and get the E217 and the 223 limited trains. For the next modular layout. How about a small suburb with a station?

my 2 cents for the Soga Depot route. Looks like I've found a new train for the Red Line Local Service. I'll hve to go over to the JIRC site and get the E217 and the 223 limited trains. For the next modular layout. How about a small suburb with a station?
The E217 should be somewhere on the forums, and the 223 is back on sale.
I’ll look for some station i could make. Or I could make something fictional.

This weekend I will probably bring out the delayed monthly snapshot although it is delayed for two weeks now lol :hehe: . Reasons. The heat, other hobbies etc :'(... But ... but..
I made some very nice progress.
;)

I started implementing a naming convention for Stations on the IML (Icarus Main Lines) The goal is to make making sessions easier for someone who doesn't know the route. One way of doing that is introducing station numbers.

The Stations along the IML (Icarus Main Line) will be numbered from South to North. So first station is 1 and then it increases. This means that if you instruct an ai train from North to South you have to start at the highest station number and then count back:

Example Station number on on the IML. In this Example the station is a Hirochi Station so an industry ( which you will find in the indsustry list)

Line NameDirectionStation nrName

IMLNB
Katsiyugi

Now the Hirochi stations have 4 tracks so for local trains to stop at those tracks you have to make track markers. The naming convention of the track marker (which you will find in the track marker list) of the same station is:
Line NameDirectionStation nrNameTrack Designation

IMLNB
KatsiyugiLocal and pass

Furthermore you have the track markers which also will be counted from South to North. The goal of this markers is making sure express trains stay on express routes and local trains on local routes. Also it makes it possible to switch from local to express or vice versa.

The counting will be incremental. So a track marker that is located further North has a higher number. I am planning to make the Northbound and Southbound systems separated but I first have to do the whole line South to North and then reverse the direction and make sure that the North to South direction is named appropriately.

Example of track mark called track points:

Line NameDirectionTrack Pont nrLocal/RapidSector Name

IMLNBTP1LocalKatsiyuga

So you see. You may think there isn’t much progress but this sort of QOL (Quality of Life) improvements take a whole lot of times and save frustration in the end. It is not the most sexy work.
But because this a big route there can be a lot of tracepoints

When I do an official 2.0. release I also plan to include a manual or track guide//line guide in .pdf. Because the Icarus Shinkansen route has now a lot of secondary routes, tram lines and metro lines.

For now I did the naming convention from Oga to Kitabiko. But with next updates I will roll it out over the whole route which measures about 131 KM in length. Keep in mind that the renaming will probably break your sessions. But in the end the goal is that the naming of all industries and track marks are neat and tidy. Besides the background stuff I off course did add a lot of scenery. I did more work on the Oga to Shin Hanyo Section and on the Trans Icaruko Freight Line (TIFL)

Last edited:
Back