Japan

Got a quick question that I hope someone can answer. What does "Mae" mean or stand for? For example, I heard a conductor announce the next stop as Hibiku no mae.

Got a quick question that I hope someone can answer. What does "Mae" mean or stand for? For example, I heard a conductor announce the next stop as Hibiku no mae.

"Mae" (前) means "in front of".
Typically it's used in station names when the station itself is near a landmark or an important building.

For example, "Shiyakusho-mae" (市役所前) means "in front of City Hall" (Shiyakusho - 市役所).
Another example is the ubiquitous "Eki-mae" (駅前) stop of nearly all Japanese tramway networks - in this case it simply means "in front of the (railway) station".

“Mae” or 前 is like before or front. For example Meidaimae station is like “in front of Meiji University”. Its also used for like previously or earlier

Edit: Socimi replied as I was typing lol

Last edited:
JNR WIP

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, evilcrow

Heya guys. It’s been quite a long while again.

and a question. What version of trainz is Icarus shinkansen playable on? It’s been very long so I forgot what version of trainz can use the Icarus shinkansen map.

Okay, I know this is not related to Japan, I tried the same thing that pagroove that with the platform fences at Hanyo station for the Shinkansen
bandicam_2022-04-19_06-10-47-406.jpg

bandicam_2022-04-19_06-11-09-210.jpg

I had to adjust the fences to make boarding and disembarking possible
bandicam_2022-04-19_07-05-02-021.jpg

Last edited:
On a related note, you can also use the "MS Canopy side" as a stand-in for full-height platform screen doors (as found on the Toyko Metro Namboku Line for instance). They do look rather crude, but at the moment this is the best alternative avaible...

PSD.png

Okay, I know this is not related to Japan, I tried the same thing that pagroove that with the platform fences at Hanyo station for the Shinkansen

I had to adjust the fences to make boarding and disembarking possible

I did make a simple platform door object but its unfinished and I probably wont continue it.

unknown.png

On a related note, you can also use the "MS Canopy side" as a stand-in for full-height platform screen doors (as found on the Toyko Metro Namboku Line for instance). They do look rather crude, but at the moment this is the best alternative avaible...

Kuro did make one (maybe JIRC) it works too but its for the MRTJ, not Japanese

Last edited:
Will the Icarus shinkansen route be made for future versions of trainz too? I heard that trainz will be releasing another version if I am not mistaken.

Will the Icarus shinkansen route be made for future versions of trainz too? I heard that trainz will be releasing another version if I am not mistaken.

Yeah TRS22. I've been beta testing and it there isn't much difference other than surveyor 2.0. Don't know if Icarus shinkansen will be updated to trs22 though

Hi all.

I have been far busier at work lately and I am also a bit occupied with multiple activities. I am however quietly working in the background on my route. I was about to post a building snapshot at the end of last month but I decided against it as I I did not make that much progress against the last version. I did however work on Icaruko International Airport. There is now also a Minami Airport station (South Side Airport Station).

As for the future plans for Icarus Shinkansen:

My plans are to carry it on to Trainz 2022. However I do not have TRS22 at the moment. As TRS22 is currently in a sort of open Beta testing I read the messages on the forum about it and when it is in a healthy enough state I will buy it. In the meantime I do enjoy Trainz 2019 as a stable build base.

I will be building on the route and present a new update soon but I will not announce fixed dates for it during the summer season. The summer can be warm here and then I do not always want to sit in a warm room with the computer. I will however try to make steady progress. I also want to do more Youtube movies but that will also take time because I always make my own music for it.

Anyway I am here and lurking ;) and working on the route.

BTW out of interest to @ Duskyduskey. Those platform doors look quite good even if the are not animated. Why did you stop development on them?

BTW2 @ Duskydusky. I am also working on a little Oji Station diorama route from your files. I got to the point where all tracks are in and also some background scenery. Now have to do the park

Last edited:

BTW out of interest to @ Duskyduskey. Those platform doors look quite good even if the are not animated. Why did you stop development on them?

I stopped because I didnt feel comfortable continuing it, felt like I’d ruin it if I continued. I’m not a good modeler anyways, and only started a few months ago.

BTW2 @ Duskydusky. I am also working on a little Oji Station diorama route from your files. I got to the point where all tracks are in and also some background scenery. Now have to do the park

Ah nice, I’ve also been working on a few routes, mainly on my JR Kabe line. Its a very short route from Mitaki to Shimo-gion (3 stations) but I plan to extend it on the future, maybe even the full line. Its a line branching from Hiroshima to Aki-Kameyama with 14 stations. Here are a few wip pics:

FP-i_o4aQAA3iYm

FP-iyNoaQAM4-OD

Back