Japan

If the pantograph is invisible, why couldn't you just cut it out of the config file until it's available? Too bad config files don't allow comment lines. Much simpler that way. Come to think of it, what good would an invisible pantograph be anyway (unless it's part of the script, I guess)?

Bill

No dice guys, It's still missing the invisible pantograph and I gotta agree with HiBaller here. What purpose does an invisible pantograph even serve?!! I'll wait till his site comes back up.

Warning. The download there is VERY sketchy. With repeated efforts I got multiple captchas and no download. Also multiple sketchy ads and popups.

Last edited:
Forester1: Thanks for the heads up. Sadly I found out the hard way. Even worse at the end of the maze of captchas and malware laced ads and pop ups. the files are linked to Media-fire of all places!! I did get the file I needed and the monkey train is whole again. I'm hoping someday somebody reskins it to it's first livery, the NEX airport express.

Duskydusky: Thanks for the link!! However, I humbly suggest you ditch the middleman site OUA.org as it is loaded with malware inducing ads and pop ups. You could use and ad free file site like one-drive or Mega for people to download your stuff without the risk of getting their computer infected by malware. One question still remains though. Why would you need and invisible pantograph when you have two types on the page that can auto adjust themselves to the height of the wire?

I did a little more work on the terminal city of the new line. Now I just gotta find the right ground textures.
monkey-train-complete.jpg
new-city-act-3.jpg

Icarus Shinkansen v2.0. Building Snapshot 11

It is available from my Google Drive here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/14aoiLUKs1YvKSyJW3A7EcR1Uuq9UrKAI?usp=sharing

What is new in this snapshot?

- Shin Hanyo Metro Line 1 is now AI ready. Meaning you can let te AI do an autosession on this metro line. Session not yet included
- Enhancements around Icaruko terminal (ongoing)
- Enhancements around Icaruko Metro Line 1 ( ongoing)

- Enhancements of Minami Icaruko:

New (work in progress) in Minami Icaruko is the Trans Icaruko Freight Line: TILF

The TILF is a line that could be threated as a 'revitalised' line. The fictional story behind this line is that it was a mixed freight and passenger until the 60's. The line was mostly for transporting seafood and other goods but then in the 80's the fishing industry in Ircaruko collapsed due to stricter fishing laws and then only the passenger stations where used. During the 80's and 90's ridership fell back further due to the construction of the Icaruko Metro Line 1 which follows a parallel path.

But the construction of Icaruko International Airport during the 90's made it clear that on the South Side (Minami Icaruko Airport) there was no good transport. Therefore the Trans Icaruko Freight line (TILF) was proposed as a revitalisation project to lengthen the line all the way to Icaruko International Airport and use it again as a freight and passenger connection. For this reason a new tunnel was bored under the Icaruko Mountains.

Nowadays the line froms the connection between the large Icaruko Sea Freight Yard (yet to be built) and the Airport. The line is mostly single track. During the early morning hours from 5 a.m. till up to 10 a.m. there is a lot of freight traffic over the route including dangerous goods (feul transport for Icaruko Airport). At 9 a.m. (09:00hr) to 10:00 p.m. (22:00 hr) passenger trains also run the route. After 10.00 p.m. up until 01:00 a.m. there is again freight traffic. This combination workt well now for the city because the line is nowadays not the only line to the airport so it supplements the rest of the airport traffic. Also ad hoc freight consists and some Joyfull run the route.

- Enahncements of Mount Icaruko
- Nizu/Icaruko Pass route. This is a high mountain pass over 2 passes to the east side of the mountain range. It is nowadays a major tourist attraction. The route follows an old pass route that was even used by monks back in the old days. Therefore at Nizu pass a shrine can be found. Nowadays a car route crosses the pass. On the second pass the Icaruko pass the a restaurant and hotel complex was build on the pass. Then after Icaruko pass the road decends more gentle to East Icaruko.

Now some screenshots::
Full Album Link:

https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjzACzM

Minami Icaruko with the Trans Icaruko Freight Line on the Left:

51854580446_a69b0c738b_h.jpg
[/URL]

TRS19_2022_01_30_22_26_27_959
by pagroove, on Flickr[/IMG]

Some Action on the TILF:

51853619632_3e5735a07e_h.jpg
[/URL]

TRS19_2022_01_30_22_24_04_228

51853619782_17cb0174bb_h.jpg
[/URL]
TRS19_2022_01_30_22_18_18_284

51854580771_8f7a3ddbb6_h.jpg
[/URL]

TRS19_2022_01_30_22_16_05_326

51854580846_3f710ac45a_h.jpg
[/URL]TRS19_2022_01_30_22_14_05_427 by pagroove, on Flickr[/IMG]

51854906929_7946c1320a_h.jpg
[/URL]

TRS19_2022_01_30_22_13_08_370

51854661058_8efe98d96d_h.jpg
[/URL]TRS19_2022_01_30_22_12_31_375 by pagroove, on Flickr[/IMG]

A passenger consist (205 series stand in) on the route looking toward Mount Icaruko:

51854660138_60bdf6eed1_h.jpg
[/URL]TRS19_2022_01_30_22_39_20_325 by pagroove, on Flickr[/IMG]

Mount Icaruko South West Face with Nizu Pass rout (Nizu Pass and Shrine on the right):

51855237970_80e8e2521f_h.jpg
[/URL]TRS19_2022_01_30_22_39_47_927 by pagroove, on Flickr[/IMG]

Entry of Nizu pass route:

51854579991_b8a13293af_h.jpg
[/URL]TRS19_2022_01_30_22_39_37_505 by pagroove, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:
Thanks. Those are some pretty cool shots you posted as well. Interesting backstory concerning the TILF. I see you're putting those new freight cars and locos to good use. Is there like an off shore oil rig around or is there another place where the jet fuel is getting porcessed to take to the airport?

I would like to ask when the JIRC website will be open. Some people say that JIRC has given up on the Trainz game, I hope not

Seto-Ohashi Line + Full Uno Line V1.0 Release

Compatible with Trainz: A New Era and Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019

The Seto-Ohashi Line BVE-Themed Route is now available for download on my website!
Full details/download here!

A huge thanks to Duskeyduskey for helping me a lot with the tracks!
Here are some screenshots:

We focussed more on the simulation on this project. That means there is a minimum amount of scenery. We focussed on signaling, real measurements and distances, track- and tunnelsounds and manually placed catenary. Full details of the signaling are on my website.
V1.0 only includes the complete Honshu part, going from Okayama to Kojima (Uno- and Honshi-Bisan Lines) and Okayama to Uno (Uno Line). The next version will include the Shikoku part too.

If there are any missing dependencies or errors, please contact us. Contact details are on my website.

Enjoy!

The Seto-Ohashi Line BVE-Themed Route is now available for download on my website!

We focussed more on the simulation on this project. That means there is a minimum amount of scenery. We focussed on signaling, real measurements and distances, track- and tunnelsounds and manually placed catenary. Full details of the signaling are on my website.
V1.0 only includes the complete Honshu part, going from Okayama to Kojima (Uno- and Honshi-Bisan Lines) and Okayama to Uno (Uno Line). The next version will include the Shikoku part too.

If there are any missing dependencies or errors, please contact us. Contact details are on my website.

Enjoy!

Looks very good. Certainly going to download it when I have time for my next Trainz Session :)

Enjoy![/QUOTE

I hope you get to complete this route. It does have potential. I am missing an unknown kuid called kuid:506503:121.

Work on my new line continues. I'm now in the process of field testing with the winning train that will be used for the local service. I hope the rumors of JIRC quitting Trainz are false as his route is needed to complete the other routes.
red-line-local.jpg

@Duskeyduskey. Very nice. :)
@ Railshuttle very nice too: That is the Kyushu train ? As for your question about the Jet Fuel to the airport. I explain later how the freight movements within Icaruko work when the whole network within that city is completed.

pagroove: Ok. Yes that is the Kyushu train. the 813 I think. Drove it alot in the Densha De Go game. It was one of my favorites in the Kyushu region. Now if only a certain "Wonderland Express" could be made.....

Good day Trainzers!!:cool:

Today i would like to release my 2nd part of my Japanese Object Collection.
I recently released my 1st Object Collection consisting 500+ varieties of objects from Japan here.
These objects will help a lot if you are trying to make real life routes or fictional routes. It just works:wave:.

This 2nd part consists of 250+ individual objects including rails,platforms and catenaries.

If you are interested please kindly check my website here.

Happy Trainzing!! :cool::mop:

so um. i got a curious question/request?

so years back on this fourm i remember seeing somebody tried to make the kodama livery (the black and green livery) on one of the 0 series models (i forgot which 0 series model) but its not really a offical reskin/model and it kinda failed? and right now, would anybody consider to try to reskin a 0 series having a kodama livery again?

Back