Japan

@Alexmaria: I tried to install your content into TMR2017, but Trainz refuses to accept it, saying: "- This Trainz version does not allow the installation of third-party content." It has never done this before. Any clues?

EDIT: Never mind. Not a problem with your content. I have a problem with TMR2017 itself.

It does install into TANE SP4, but I had to delete all the trainsets as they were for a build way higher than TANE SP4. Looks like they were TRS2019.

Bill

Last edited:
EDIT: Bill, after looking over his assets it appears that the individual assets appear to run about version 2.9 or 3.6, but the consists all say version 4.8, which is TRS19SP3. So you may be able to get the individual assets and build your own consists? I don't know if they are downloadable that way however.

Last edited:
The basic cars themselves are mostly build 3.9, with a 3.6 and a 1.5 thrown into the mix. They do install and show up in TANE SP4 on the tracks when placed. I can make my own consists for them. It's the bothersome error in TMR2017 that has me worried. It won't accept a download from the DLS for a piece of AURAN content, giving me the same error.

Bill

I believe the trains can be downversioned via the config.txt file. I did that with the consist files at least.

No big deal. I have a far greater problem now. I cannot start TMR2017. Tells me it is "unable to authorize product" yet I am logged in to MyTrainz just fine with the same credentials. TS12/TANE-SP3 & 4/TRS2019 all start up just fine. The only thing I can think of is that there is a separate server for TMR2017 and it has crashed or something.

Bill

Working hard on Icaruko Terminal Yard and Station area. Also made some custom buildings:

51385331568_3b1b01088e_h.jpg
[/URL]TRS19_2021_08_17_23_51_56_939 by pagroove, on Flickr[/IMG]

51384323342_153a40ea6a_h.jpg
[/URL]TRS19_2021_08_17_23_52_50_278 by pagroove, on Flickr[/IMG]

51384323127_024f979c4d_h.jpg
[/URL]TRS19_2021_08_17_23_53_56_277 by pagroove, on Flickr[/IMG]

51385330843_f9a9d72c8d_h.jpg
[/URL]TRS19_2021_08_17_23_54_42_815 by pagroove, on Flickr[/IMG]

51385820534_7da231c470_h.jpg
[/URL]TRS19_2021_08_17_23_55_09_365 by pagroove, on Flickr[/IMG]

51385079081_d2386768a4_h.jpg
[/URL]TRS19_2021_08_17_23_55_53_573 by pagroove, on Flickr[/IMG]

Icaruco Arte Tower (custom 194 meter high, 53 Storeys Supercondo)

51385819899_b50fabbeb8_h.jpg
[/URL]TRS19_2021_08_17_23_57_55_137 by pagroove, on Flickr[/IMG]

51386088645_cf45fc7816_h.jpg
[/URL]TRS19_2021_08_17_23_59_17_922 by pagroove, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:
The only thing I can come up with that would really be eye-popping would be cars on the road and lots of people on the streets.

Well done.

Bill

Hey Alexmaria:
I got around to testing the other trains and though they run ok, The doors are still missing off of them. Even the panorama locomotive has the back doors missing. It's really wierd, The train runs ok but the doors are missing. Ive tested the reskin of the 113 the yellow one on my Yellow line and it works ok. the doors are working. IF you can find out what the deal is with the missing doors it would help alot and I can put them on the main lines. For now, they're resting in the yard.
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

That is one seriously massive yard Pagroove. It must've took months to complete. Youre new buildings look pretty cool. I hope you get to release them soon.

Hey Alexmaria:
I got around to testing the other trains and though they run ok, The doors are still missing off of them. Even the panorama locomotive has the back doors missing. It's really wierd, The train runs ok but the doors are missing. Ive tested the reskin of the 113 the yellow one on my Yellow line and it works ok. the doors are working. IF you can find out what the deal is with the missing doors it would help alot and I can put them on the main lines. For now, they're resting in the yard.

As i mentioned earlier, i'm entirely clueless here. :confused:
I've tried istalling those trains on my own TZ12 and the doors were all in place and worked correctly. And from the screenshot i've seen (Pagroove's and Duskeyduskey's) it seems you are the only one with this specific problem, wich makes evrything even more odd.

It seems to be caused by the fact that your trainz version isn't able to load the door mesh for some reason. It surely hasn't to do with the fact that the door mesh is in a separate folder than the main mesh, as the interior mesh (wich is also in a separate folder) seems to be loading correctly. Therefore, there must be a screw-up in the config file - maybe i've mistakenly written it in a way that can be understood only by TZ2019 and TANE, however this is countered by the fact that the trains doors do work correctly on my TZ12 (SP1) version. And this can't be a problem of "all the doors" not loading either as per your screenshots, the yellow setouchi livery 115 Series seems to have all of it's (animated) doors in place and working...

Can someone with TZ12 installed check if he gets the same door missing issue as Railshuttle?

In other news, i've just completed the 3rd part of the "211 Series megapack" - the 415-1500 Series AC/DC multivoltage trains!

ACDC.png

From left to right: JNR Joban Line livery, JNR Kyushu area livery, JR East's version, the experimental KuHa 415-1901 double-decker cab car of JR East and JR Kyushu's version.

All of these are already avaible at my website (here for the JNR version, here for the JR East version, including KuHa 415-1901, and here for the JR Kyushu version)

Now, the 415-1500 Series was introduced in 1986, just before the privatization of JNR, to supplement the existing "conventional steel" 415 Series trains, wich were derived from the DC-only 113 Series' design.
Unlike their predecessors however, the new 415-1500 Series was based on the 211 Series, then JNR's newest suburban train design, and the successor of the 113 Series itself.

To contain costs, the 415-1500 Series was designed to be as similar as possible to the 211 Series, using the same exact stainless steel bodyshell and FRP front mask, bogeys, doors, air conditioning units and so on. The only notable external differences between the 211 Series and the 415-1500 Series was the presence on the latter of a distinctive cab radio antennae on the roof and of an array of three jumper cables on the front to operate in multiple unit control with "conventional steel" 415 Series sets.

The 415-1500 Series had indeed been designed around MU-compatibility with the older, heavier, 415 Series sets and as such, they had their performance tweaked to match the one of the 415-500 and 415-700 Series' one, then the lastest batches of conventional steel 415 Series sets built (in 1981 and 1984 respectively). The traction equipment, a resistor control coupled with DC motors and a rectifier (when running under AC catenary), was also virtually unchanged from the older 415 Serieses' one.

Therefore, depsite the radically different exterior looks, the 415-1500 Series remained technically similar to the older sets, reason why JNR decided to classify them as a part of the 415 Series family rather than with an entirely new designation (and also because all the 41X series numbers, used by JNR to indicate AC/DC multivoltage suburban trains, had already been taken*).

JNR initially ordered a fleet of twenty-one 4-car sets (a total of 84 cars), maufactured jointly by Nippon Sharyo, Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Hitachi and Tokyu Car Co., with the first deliveries to be made in 1986.

Originally, all 21 sets were to be assigned to Katsuta Depot (in Hitachinaka city) for services on the Joban Line out of Ueno, but soon JNR modified it's plans, with eight 4-car sets being allocated to Minami-Fukuoka depot in Kyushu, for Kagoshima Line services between Mojiko or Shimonoseki and Nagasaki or Haiki.

The 415-1500 Series entered service simultaneously in 1986, both in Honshu and in Kyushu. The new trains were fitted in a similar livery, but of a different tonality: the thirteen Joban Line units were fitted with a dark blue line, while the eight Kyushu area units were fitted with a light blue line.

By the time of JNR's privatization, on the 1st of April 1987, there were 85 415-1500 Series cars in service: twenty-one 4-car sets plus an additional trailer car, SaHa 411-1700.
This unique car had been introduced togheter with the rest of the 415-1500 Series in 1986: that year, with a general reorganization of "conventional steel" 415 Serieses' formations, JNR found out that one trailer car was missing to form a 7-car set. To solve the problem, Nippon Sharyo was contracted to make an additional trailer car based on the already-in production 415-1500 Series. Designated as SaHa 411-1701, it was the only stainless steel 415 Series car to be fitted with semi-cross seating. Upon it's entrance in service, SaHa 411-1701 was sandwitched at the dead center of a conventional steel 415 Series formation (three cars on one side and three on the other).

After the privatization, the newly formed JR East and JR Kyushu inherited the 415-1500 Series sets allocated to their respective areas: JR East got the thirteen Joban Line sets plus SaHa 411-1701, while JR Kyushu got the eight sets assigned to Minami-Fukuoka depot.

Out of the two, JR East was the only to order an additional batch of 415-1500 Series sets, doubling it's fleet with an order for thirteen more 4-car sets placed to Nippon Sharyo and Kinki Sharyo in 1991.
The trains in the JR East-ordered batch were nearly identical to the ones built during the JNR Era, with only small, very minor improvements. The last of the thirteen JR East-ordered sets however fetaured an unique car: KuHa 415-1901, an experimental double-decker cab car built by Nippon Sharyo.

KuHa 415-1901 was intended to act as a testbed for the viability of introducing double-decker cars in regular service as a countermesaure against overcrowding and to act as a prototype for JR East's plans for an all-double-decker suburban train.
The cab car's bodyshell was derived from the double-decker SaRo 124 green cars for 211 Series trains, and therefore it's shape was essentially identical to standard 415-1500 Series (and by extension, all 211 Series family derivatives) single-level cars. To transform it into a double decker car, a "bathub" was added to the underloor, containing seating for the lower level, and a rounded top section, containing the upper level, was added on top, with great care not to exceeding the railway's loading gauge.

However, the experiment backfired, as while the capacity of KuHa 415-1901 was surely superior to single-level cars, the low number of doors made boarding and alighting slower, confirming double-decker cars as unsuitable for Japan's extremely dense commuter railway operations. Thus the set containing KuHa 415-1901 was limited as much as possible to off-peak services, running rapid services between Ueno and Katsuta.

With the introduction of the E531 Series in 2005, JR East started a general re-organization of it's 415 Series fleet: the older "conventional steel" were to be fully replaced, while the 415-1500 Series, due to it's relatively more modern design, was to be displaced to local service workings on the rural section of the Joban Line, north of Iwaki, and on the Mito Line. With this general reformation, the "non-standard" 415-1500 Series cars were retired, with KuHa 415-1901 being retired in 2006, followed one year later by SaHa 411-1701, wich was reired togheter with it's whole formation.

By the mid-2010s, all of JR East's 415-1500 Series sets had been relegated to local services, and with the timetable change of spring 2016, the last remaining ones, running on the Mito Line, were officially retired on the 26th of March of the same year.

On the other hand, the situation of JR Kyushu's fleet has remained nearly unchanged since 1987, with all eight JNR-built sets still in service, togheter with an additional 4-car set that JR Kyushu bought from JR East in 2009. As of today, the fleet is split between Minami-Fukuoka depot, for services on the Kagoshima Line, and Oita Depot for services on the Nippo Main Line.

JR Kyushu has not made plans to retire the 415-1500 Series yet: with the replacement of "conventional steel" 415 Series sets nearly complete, the 415-1500 Series remains as JR Kyushu's sole AC/DC commuter train in service, and as such, the company will still need them for services via the DC-only Kanmon undersea tunnel between Moji and Shimonoseki, atleast until a new order for multivoltage commuter trains is made. This is also reinforced by the fact that 415-1500 Series trains have stainless steel bodyshells, wich don't suffer from corrosion damage coming from saltwater, a common issue with their older "conventional steel" predecessors.

*417 Series in 1978, 419 Series in 1982

Trivia:
With the failure of KuHa 415-1901, JR East changed it's plans for a double-decker train from a commuter train to one for rapid services. These plans would eventually materialize in 1994 with the introduction of the 215 Series.

Bonus link:
https://blog.goo.ne.jp/ak7193907/e/fc818e487f2738e7f4856c7130f504e5
A rare shot of two 415-1500 Series sets, built by Kawasaki at it's Kobe plant, passing trough Osaka station on a test run.

Last edited:
In other news, i've just completed the 3rd part of the "211 Series megapack" - the 415-1500 Series AC/DC multivoltage trains!

From left to right: JNR Joban Line livery, JNR Kyushu area livery, JR East's version, the experimental KuHa 415-1901 double-decker cab car of JR East and JR Kyushu's version.

All of these are already avaible at my website (here for the JNR version, here for the JR East version, including KuHa 415-1901, and here for the JR Kyushu version)

Now, the 415-1500 Series was introduced in 1986, just before the privatization of JNR, to supplement the existing "conventional steel" 415 Series trains, wich were derived from the DC-only 113 Series' design.
Unlike their predecessors however, the new 415-1500 Series was based on the 211 Series, then JNR's newest suburban train design, and the successor of the 113 Series itself.

To contain costs, the 415-1500 Series was designed to be as similar as possible to the 211 Series, using the same exact stainless steel bodyshell and FRP front mask, bogeys, doors, air conditioning units and so on. The only notable external differences between the 211 Series and the 415-1500 Series was the presence on the latter of a distinctive cab radio antennae on the roof and of an array of three jumper cables on the front to operate in multiple unit control with "conventional steel" 415 Series sets.

The 415-1500 Series had indeed been designed around MU-compatibility with the older, heavier, 415 Series sets and as such, they had their performance tweaked to match the one of the 415-500 and 415-700 Series' one, then the lastest batches of conventional steel 415 Series sets built (in 1981 and 1984 respectively). The traction equipment, a resistor control coupled with DC motors and a rectifier (when running under AC catenary), was also virtually unchanged from the older 415 Serieses' one.

(cut out)

Thanks for making the KuHa 415-1901.

Progress Update Arasaki Fictional Railway.

2021-08-18_200831.jpg

2021-08-18_201149.jpg

2021-08-18_201414.jpg

Here's the map I made (Photoshopped)

M.png

I haven't made a logo so it will stay like this

(Original map)

Here's a Progress Update Video

Last edited:
Good video there duskeysuskey. Music was nice and calm. I do use Bandicam for all of my recordings and then edit them Wondershare Filmora

Thanks all for the nice comments.

The yard I showed is still a heavy work in progress. and @ Railshuttle It took indeed a long time to make. Also I have to make all the bus terminals along the station along with the rest of the scenery. But Icaruko Terminal Should be the so called 'crown' on the Icarus Shinkansen Route. A real departure point and destination.

@Alexmaria. Always thanks for the nice trains and trivia
@ Railshuttle: Nice pics of your route. I like it
@ Duskeyduskey. very nice progress. I like everything about your route and route video and pics (also good music choice :)) Looking forward to drive it. I will respond to your pm in the weekend.

Here's the fourth, and second-to-last, part of the 211 Series family megapack: the 719 Series for Tohoku Area local regional services!

JR-East-719-Series.png

The complete pack is already avaible at my website here.

By the late 1980s, right after the privatization of JNR, the rolling stock situation for local trains in the Sendai area (and in the Tohoku region in general) was quite dire: the vast majority of services was operated with a mixture of 451, 453, 455 and 457 Series trains, wich had been designed for express services and had been relegated to local workings after they became surplus due to the opening of the Tohoku Shinkansen. These serieses were completely inadequate for local and suburban services, due to their single doors and all-cross seating services, and since the minimal formation was a 3-car sets, they often were oversized for off-peak needs as well. Furthemore, the earliest batches of 451 and 453 Series trains, wich dated from the early 1960s, were severely aging. While there were also some "good enough" trains avaible in the Sendai area, namely the 417 and 717 Serieses (the latter of wich re-used technical components from withdrawn 451, 453, 455 and 457 Series trains), these however came in a number too small (a total of 15 3-car formations split between the two serieses) to effectively replace all the older express-type trains.

Therefore, to adress this issue, the 719 Series was designed. Based on the very successful 211 Series, the new trains were to be 20Kv 50Hz AC-only electric multiple units formed in 2-car sets. The bodyshell and general appearance was directly derived from the 211 Series' one, with only a slight change in the passenger windows' arrangment. The new 719 Series also incorporated several design fetaures derived from JR Central's 211-5000 Series, wich was being built at around the same time, primarily the lowered assistant driver's side front window. Finally, to cope with low platforms still present at various stations on rural lines in the Tohoku Area, the doors of the 719 Series were lowered, and a little step was added.

To contain construction costs, the 719 Series was to re-use bogeys and pantographs coming from surplus withdrawn 485 Series express trains. The traction control on these trains was to be a fancy thyristor-controlled continuos phase type, something that worked more or less like a chopper, but without the cost and complexity of it. The traction and braking performance was managed by a 16-bit computer.

Built by Tokyu Car Co., the first three 719 Series sets arrived to Sendai Depot on christmas day of 1989, followed by the other sets at regular intervals until the last of the 42 2-car ordered sets was delivered on the 31st of August 1991. The 719 Series were assigned to local and rapid services on the Tohoku Main Line (including the Rifu branch line), the Senzan Line, the Ban'etsu West Line and the rural section of the Joban Line. All 42 sets were assigned to Sendai Depot and were given the fleet numbers H1 to H42.

Shortly after the completion of the 719 Series' deliveries, a new batch was ordered by JR East for the Ou Main Line, wich was being regauged to standard gauge in preparation for the commencment of Yamagata "Mini-Shinkansen" services. Classified 719-5000 Series (as opposed to the narrow gauge 719-0 Series), the new trains were JR East's first standard gauge non-shinkansen trains.
Built by Nippon Sharyo (instead of Tokyu Car Co. like the -0 Subseries), the 12 2-car sets of the 719-5000 Series were delivered between early September and late October 1991, with the whole fleet being assigned to the Yamagata Depot (today the Yamagata Shinkansen Centre, wich as the name say, nowdays is dedicated only to Shinkansen trains) and given the fleet numbers Y1 to Y12.

The 719-5000 Series was very similar to the narrow gauge -0 Subseries, however there were a few differences, besides obviously different bogeys for standard gague tracks: as all the platforms had been rebuilt to match the standard height, on the trains the internal step behind the doors was removed and the livery was changed a little, with the top side band being changed from red to an orange color.
Otherwise, the two subseries shared evrything, including the same traction ststem and the same exact identical bodyshell.

Starting from 2004, the five 719-0 Series sets assigned to Ban'etsu West Line services (H10 to H15) were repainted in an unique "Akabe" livery, inspired by "Akabeko", a traditional red cow from the Aizu region, wich had been made the regional mascot at around the same time. The new livery fetaured black and red lines, with numerous prints of Akabeko attached to the sides and the front of the cars.

In March of 2017, two of the "Akabe" sets (H10 and H13) were transferred to the Akita area to supplement 701 Series trains. With their transfer, their livery was also changed, with the side band on top being eliminated (like the Akabeko prints on the sides and the front) and the lower band was changed from red and black to the same magenta tonality as found in the 701 Series operating in the Akita area. The front bands however remained black like the ones on the Akabe livery.

However, while their stailess bodyshells granted them protection from corrosion and rust, and their contiuous phase traction control gave them performances comparable to inverter-controlled trains, the presence of an internal step proved to be a fatal thing for the 719-0 Series.
No longer compliant with universal accessibility laws, starting from 2016 the 719-0 Series began to be replaced by the E721-1000 Series, JR East's new standard AC-only regional train. The replacement was swift and was finalized with the timetable change of spring 2020, with all 719-0 Series being withdrawn on the 14th of March, except for a lone set (formerly H27) wich has been converted into the "FruiTea" tourist train (official classification: 719-700 Series) for sightseeing services on the Ban'Etsu West Line.

On the other hand, while all 42 of the 719-0 Series sets have been retired, all 12 719-5000 Series sets are still in operation, thanks to their higher "specialization" (being standard gauge trains) and the absence of an internal step. 719-5000 Series are still an important asset in JR East fleets, and in more recent times, they have begun to be repaired using components salvaged from scrapped narrow-gauge sets.

As of today only the 12 719-5000 Series sets are in service (plus the sole "FruiTea" set on the Ban'etsu West Line), running local trains between Yamagata and Shinjo, used interchangeably with 701-5500 Series trains. As one of the only three serieses of standard gauge "regular trains" in JR East service (the third one being the 701-5000 Series for Akita Shinkansen services), there aren't plans to replace them yet. On the other hand, reportedly only one 719-0 Series set has been preserved, no. H40, wich is now stored inside Sendai Depot and is used as a "training set". All the other 719-0 Series sets are assumed to have been scrapped.

Back