Japan

Also whats that TM 03 series? Is it freeware?

Probably it would be freeware, though it is not clear whether it is still in WIP or not.

The ones in that shot in real life is one of some 03 series sold to Hokuriku Railway (Hokutetsu) in Ishikawa Prefecture, indicated by orange colored stripes that replaced the original Hibiya Line grey stripes. However, only the driving cars (03-1xx and 03-8xx) were sold to that company; as 03 series originally had their main traction control equipment and traction motors being located at intermediate cars (03-2xx and 03-6xx: M1, 03-3xx and 03-7xx: M2), those transferred to Hokuriku Railway and Kumamoto Electric Railway (Kumaden) had to be modified into a motored driving car by installing pantographs, traction motors, main traction control units (IGBT-VVVF), air compressors, etc.

While those went to Kumaden had single arm pantographs fitted during the modification works, those went to Hokutetsu had diamond-shaped pantographs probably recycled from scrapped intermediate cars of 03 series.

[Trivia]

03 series trains purchased by Hokutetsu is in fact modified by West Japan Railway Technos Corporation (a subsidiary of JR West) at Mattō Workshops, which is the core of Kanazawa General Rolling Stock Depot.

Probably it would be freeware, though it is not clear whether it is still in WIP or not.

The ones in that shot in real life is one of some 03 series sold to Hokuriku Railway (Hokutetsu) in Ishikawa Prefecture, indicated by orange colored stripes that replaced the original Hibiya Line grey stripes. However, only the driving cars (03-1xx and 03-8xx) were sold to that company; as 03 series originally had their main traction control equipment and traction motors being located at intermediate cars (03-2xx and 03-6xx: M1, 03-3xx and 03-7xx: M2), those transferred to Hokuriku Railway and Kumamoto Electric Railway (Kumaden) had to be modified into a motored driving car by installing pantographs, traction motors, main traction control units (IGBT-VVVF), air compressors, etc.

While those went to Kumaden had single arm pantographs fitted during the modification works, those went to Hokutetsu had diamond-shaped pantographs probably recycled from scrapped intermediate cars of 03 series.

[Trivia]

03 series trains purchased by Hokutetsu is in fact modified by West Japan Railway Technos Corporation (a subsidiary of JR West) at Mattō Workshops, which is the core of Kanazawa General Rolling Stock Depot.

Sorry I mean't to ask if hes going to release it.

It has just crossed my mind that now, with the 211 Series complete, we have the full fleet of TokaidoLine (and Utsunomiya and Takasaki Lines as well!) suburban EMUs from the 1960s until this day.

3.png

From left to right: 113 Series (1963-2006 - kenichiro's model with my upgrades and reskins), 211 Series (1986-2012 - myself), E231-1000 Series (2000-... - Rizky_Adiputra), E233-3000 Series (2008-... - Rizky_Adiputra)

I'll explain myself:

usually when i get a generic request or inquiry along the lines of "could you do this train in the future", i do a little study of the train in question, then, if it's not too complex or it has other problems, i'll generally accept said train as a "suggestion". In other words, i'll start collecting a couple of reference images, without making a too deep research, then i'll pack those in a folder and i'll put that into my "Trainz Models" folder. Once in a while, if i have nothing else to model, i'll pick one at random of the models from the "Trainz Models" folder and i'll make it.

With an "official request" instead, the model is put on an "impending to-do list" of various models to be made in the very near future.
In other words, i consider "suggested models" somewheat of a lower priority than "official request" ones.

For a matter of courtesy, collaborations with other trainzers are considered of equal (if not higher) priority as "official requests", as are paid commissions.

ah i see alright!

It has just crossed my mind that now, with the 211 Series complete, we have the full fleet of TokaidoLine (and Utsunomiya and Takasaki Lines as well!) suburban EMUs from the 1960s until this day.

3.png

From left to right: 113 Series (1963-2006 - kenichiro's model with my upgrades and reskins), 211 Series (1986-2012 - myself), E231-1000 Series (2000-... - Rizky_Adiputra), E233-3000 Series (2008-... - Rizky_Adiputra)
That's quite a feat!! Now all we need is the actual Tokaido line to run these trains on.

I'll explain myself:

usually when i get a generic request or inquiry along the lines of "could you do this train in the future", i do a little study of the train in question, then, if it's not too complex or it has other problems, i'll generally accept said train as a "suggestion". In other words, i'll start collecting a couple of reference images, without making a too deep research, then i'll pack those in a folder and i'll put that into my "Trainz Models" folder. Once in a while, if i have nothing else to model, i'll pick one at random of the models from the "Trainz Models" folder and i'll make it.

With an "official request" instead, the model is put on an "impending to-do list" of various models to be made in the very near future.
In other words, i consider "suggested models" somewheat of a lower priority than "official request" ones.

For a matter of courtesy, collaborations with other trainzers are considered of equal (if not higher) priority as "official requests", as are paid commissions.

Speaking of requests, here are some of mine.

List_of_my_requests.png

I know there is a lot but I just wanted to let you guys know.

Nice screenshot, I'm enjoying your 211 Serieses to. They're verry usefull for me. And your Shikoku/West variants for in the future will be verry usefull to since I'm making the Seto-Ohashi Line (Okayama to Shikoku). I started at Kojima and I already reached Shikoku! That's why I needed those slab tracks. The JR Shikoku 6000 Series (211 variant) also drives/drove here. My favorite Limited Express, the JR-Shikoku 8000 Series also drives here quite often. Sadly, it's not in Trainz yet. But we still have some Shikoku stock to use here, the 2000 Series and the 6000 Series (In the future). Here are some screenshots:

If everyone's doing screenshots then I am too!

Very nice ones!

Nice shots and route activity @ All. Also very nice 211 series @ AlexMaria.

Thank you!

Nice screenshot, I'm enjoying your 211 Serieses to. They're verry usefull for me. And your Shikoku/West variants for in the future will be verry usefull to since I'm making the Seto-Ohashi Line (Okayama to Shikoku). I started at Kojima and I already reached Shikoku! That's why I needed those slab tracks. The JR Shikoku 6000 Series (211 variant) also drives/drove here. My favorite Limited Express, the JR-Shikoku 8000 Series also drives here quite often. Sadly, it's not in Trainz yet. But we still have some Shikoku stock to use here, the 2000 Series and the 6000 Series (In the future). Here are some screenshots:

Very interesting! The Seto-Oashi Bridge will surely a treat to be travelled on! I'm looking forward to it!

By the way, the 213 Series (wich did ran Marine Liner services between Okayama and Shikoku) is already coming nicely!

213.png

Besides the standard "211 Series-style" cars i'll try to make as well the panoramic cab cars typical of Marine Liner sets!

is there anyways i can download this map? looks real nice

Back