Japan

HI gang!! I've been off line due to an accident.
I'm slowly recovering and hope to get back to work on my route soon. Nice to see you guys are still working on your projects.
take care!!

What are the latest trains so far that has been made for japanese train content?

Any shinkansen development going on?

As far as i know, the most recent "pubblicly released" Japanese train is my Kyoto Municipal Subway 10 Series from the 6th of April (!).

I'm glad they work well! Here's something more that will be useful for your route: the Kyoto Municipal Subway 10 Series in both the "early" (batches 1 and 2 - left) and "later" (batches 3 to 6 - right) versions!

Kyoto-Municipal-Subway-10-Series.png

As with the Kintetsu 3200 Series, this pack is already avaible at my website [here]

These were introduced by the Kyoto City Transportation Bureau in 1981 for services on the soon-to-be opened Karasuma Line, Kyoto's first subway line. The designing of these trains, classified as the "10 Series", actually began in the (very) late 1970s and was primarily influenced by the TRTA 8000 Series for the Hanzomon Line, then Tokyo's newest subway train, wich was being designed and built at around the same time.

The most notable influence coming from the 8000 Series is the angled, asymmetrical and convex front design incorporating an emergency "drawbridge-like" exit, something wich was relatively common in Tokyo (as it was already used on TRTA's 6000 and 7000 Serieses) but almost unheard of in the Kansai region, thus making the 10 Series the first subway train with an angled front in service there. Another influence was in the bodyshell design... [rest omitted]

And the second-most recent is also mine - Kintetsu's 3200 Series from the 5th of April.

Kintetsu-3200-Series.png

Finally, it's finished. Unfortunately, i was not able to make correct-working animated doors - i got stuck about a week-and-a-half ago with an attachment problem (only one out of the eight "half-doors" per side worked properly), i posted my problem on another forum (not the official trainz one), waiting a week for a possibly life-saving reply that never came. In the end, i decided to release this model as a plain "non-door-working" model like all my previous ones - however, in the future, when i will be able to properly make animated stuff, this model (and many more) will be retrofitted with working doors.

This model is already avaible at my website [here]

Anyway...

The 3200 Series was introduced by Kintetsu Railway in the late 1980s for the long-awaited commencment of trough-services between Kintetsu's network and the Kyoto Municipal Subway Karasuma Line.

Trough-services between the Kintetsu network (specifically the Kintetsu Kyoto and Nara Lines) and the Karasuma Line had been already planned well before construction of the latter began in 1974. Kintetsu originally expected the subway's construction to progress smoothly and relatively quickly, a forecast that was proved terribly wrong in a few years' time: building a subway under Kyoto is a bit like doing the same under Rome: you can't dig 20 meters without finding something of a historical-archeological value, and evry time this happens, works have to be interrupted and the object in question must be carefully extracted and preserved, something that is relatively simple to do with things like vases or other artifacts, but becomes difficult if you have to deal with something like the ruins of a medieval castle.

In other words, the subway's construction works proceeded extremely slowly, and Kintetsu Railway became increasingly impatient... [rest omitted]

About Shinkansens, i haven't heard anything lately. Lastest thing was Hirochi's making (and releasing) E3 and 400 Series placeholder reskins using his fictional S2 Shinkansen as base.

Last edited:
What are the latest trains so far that has been made for japanese train content?

Any shinkansen development going on?

I just started making the JR West 323 Osaka loop line here and it's turning out pretty well. I plan to make the JR West 225, JR Central 313-0, and the 313-8000. I will share my progress.

It's been really quiet here lately. What has everyone been doing?

Well, I haven't played Trainz in a while... Things have been really busy. We finally have electric trains at our railway line, so I went seeing them a lot. I just finished exams and now I finally have a lot of free time. But in that free time I will mainly focus on my model railway, but maybe also Trainz.

I just started making the JR West 323 Osaka loop line here and it's turning out pretty well. I plan to make the JR West 225, JR Central 313-0, and the 313-8000. I will share my progress.

Nice to hear you are making the 323 Osaka Loop Line version. I was making the Osaka Loop line (Mainly Yumesaki Line), so your train could be really usefull for that. Also verry nice that there is finally something from JR-West. Since most of us foreigners mostly like JR-East Kanto trains...

I've been exceptionally busy lately, and i will still be for the following two weeks.

I'm currently working on a 485 Series reskin pack, wich will also include the 183, 189 and 489 Serieses (and with both "flat front" and "bonnet style fron" where possible).
Here are all but one of the currently "done" trains. I still have a few more to go.

2021-06-20-102932.jpg

In the coming summer, however, i'll have plenty of free time, and i'm planning to embark on a modelling spree, starting with the 211 Series. I'm also currently setting up a collaboration with @duskeyduskey for an almost complete Keio Railway package, and i'm also full of half-finished models, wich i will hopefully complete in the following months.

I also plan to "expand to other countries" as well. Some of the visitors of my site may have noticed that there's a new "United States" section, a sign of things to come. If you're curious, for non-japanese trains i'm currently thinkering about making some South Korean stuff (namely the Class 8000 Electric locomotives and the KNR/Korail and Seoul Subway 1000 Series) or something from Taiwan (either the E400 Electric Locomotives or the Italian-made EMU300 trains).

Great work with the 183, 189 and the 489 serieses! They look fantastic like always! Also, glad to hear you won't only be making Japanese stuff, but also other Eastern-Asian stuff! Especially Taiwan. They have one of my favorite railway systems, since they look so much like Japan when it comes to railways. They have same gauge, some trains are made in Japan, they have 700T shinkansen, winch looks a lot like the Japanese 700 Series and they have DD16 and DD13 (If I'm not wrong) in service for Shinkansen shunting services. I also like Seoul Metro. I wanted to make a Seoul Metro route, but since there is no rolling stock for Seoul Metro in Trainz I cancelled my idea.

I'm slowly recovering and hope to get back to work on my route soon. Nice to see you guys are still working on your projects.
take care!!

I hope you will recover fast. Good luck.

Nice to hear you are making the 323 Osaka Loop Line version. I was making the Osaka Loop line (Mainly Yumesaki Line), so your train could be really useful for that. Also very nice that there is finally something from JR-West. Since most of us foreigners mostly like JR-East Kanto trains...

Actually, I'm working on the 323 Osaka Loop Line because of your route. For most of my life in Japan, I've been in Kyoto. So I'm quite interested in JR west. I also live in Ogikubo (Tokyo) so I'm also interested in the Chuo line. I still plan to make the E353 Azusa (Only if I'm able to get used to Blender).

take care!!

Ow didn't see your message :eek:. But hope you recover well. Will post some screenshots this week so you have something to look at. Also I worked a bit more on the SIRL.

thanks pagroov!! It will be a while but I hope to be back on track soon. LOL!!
That's one giant map there, I'm guessing it would take 2hours and more to traverse it by bullet train.

thanks pagroov!! It will be a while but I hope to be back on track soon. LOL!!
That's one giant map there, I'm guessing it would take 2hours and more to traverse it by bullet train.

No it's 130 km from North to South. It can be crossed within an hour by bullet train as even the fastest services stop at some stations but it can be crossed In about 50 minutes on the fastest E5 service with 3 in between stops at Kitabiko (mandatory stop), Shin Hanyo (mandatory stop) and Hanyo Station (als mandatory stop 5 minute stop). Those stations have at least 2minutes waiting time so 6 to 10 minutes waiting time in total so the real driving time would be about 42 minutes but not all parts are 300 km/hr. Most are at 270 km/h max.

But Limited express on conventional rail takes indeed 2 hrs from end to end (but that would be the fastest service for conventional rail).

BTW today I made a new tram line in Oga. It is already working fully automatic. It uses the Kagoshima trams.

The distance on my fantasy Shinkansen is about somewhat comparable from Tokyo to Mishima (111,5 km). That takes about 53 minutes by Kodama.

Last edited:

Icarus Shinkansen v2.0. Wip. Building Snapshot 6. (June snapshot)

Whats new?

This month the building snapshot introduces mostly under the hood changes making it easier in later stages to fully automate sessions.

- Oga Minami Station enhanched. New Glass roof, sound barriers for the Shinkansen and Tram station
- Fully functioning (by ai) Oga Tram. Stations are numbered. You can find thes in the menu with the abbreviation of OT (OgaTram) and then the station number so that you can make your own AI sessions. I use the Kagoshima tram by Keimei
- Stations enhanced South of OGA
- Station number system introduced on Icarus Main line counting from the South. Eventually all stations will have a Station number making it easier for you to make sessions
- Priority system in the speed limits allowing trains to run at different speeds. There are 3 priority layers. 1: Express/Fast 2 Local/Kodama on Shinkansen and 3 Slower Shinkansen and Freight on the main line. This priority system is introduced on both Shinkansen and Main lines

Download link at wetransfer

https://we.tl/t-tlfQW3t1ZD

Icarus Shinkansen v2.0. Wip. Building Snapshot 6. (June snapshot)

Whats new?

This month the building snapshot introduces mostly under the hood changes making it easier in later stages to fully automate sessions.

- Oga Minami Station enhanched. New Glass roof, sound barriers for the Shinkansen and Tram station
- Fully functioning (by ai) Oga Tram. Stations are numbered. You can find thes in the menu with the abbreviation of OT (OgaTram) and then the station number so that you can make your own AI sessions. I use the Kagoshima tram by Keimei
- Stations enhanced South of OGA
- Station number system introduced on Icarus Main line counting from the South. Eventually all stations will have a Station number making it easier for you to make sessions
- Priority system in the speed limits allowing trains to run at different speeds. There are 3 priority layers. 1: Express/Fast 2 Local/Kodama on Shinkansen and 3 Slower Shinkansen and Freight on the main line. This priority system is introduced on both Shinkansen and Main lines

Download link at wetransfer

https://we.tl/t-tlfQW3t1ZD

this is only for TS19?

Just uploaded this to DLS. Might need 1-2 days for approval.

(PBR/TRS2019 only)
<kuid:501228:1700082>
<kuid:501228:1700081>

This is my first project I did entirely on blender 2.9 and substance painter. So please give me your feedback especially for the materials.

Looks superb. Will download it over the weekend. Will take a good look on it but I think from the screenshots it looks already great.
Also long time since since we've seen you. How are you doing? :)

Just uploaded this to DLS. Might need 1-2 days for approval.

(PBR/TRS2019 only)
<kuid:501228:1700082>
<kuid:501228:1700081>

This is my first project I did entirely on blender 2.9 and substance painter. So please give me your feedback especially for the materials.

I will download it when it's out.

Also thanks for the amazing content Rizky!

Duskey

Looks superb. Will download it over the weekend. Will take a good look on it but I think from the screenshots it looks already great.
Also long time since since we've seen you. How are you doing? :)

I'm great, thanks for asking. Just busy with some college stuff here..

Back