Japan

I have uploaded to the DLS roughly 138 (so far) Japanese platform signs as well as hanging platform signs and wall signs. They are nothing more than dressing, but they are identified by station name. They can be used to dress up any station. I tried to group them by rail line in a collection of CDPs, but I'm not sure if the DLS will allow them to be grouped as such. They all use Build number of 3.6, so they should work with pretty much any version of Trainz in use. Since I am terrible at producing content, I had the invaluable help of Narrowgauge who made the meshes for me. My heartfelt thanks for them.

Here is a screenshot of some samples:

bds_jp_signs.jpg

I'm working on more. I am also not sure when they will be available, but hopefully "soon." I'll put a note here when they appear on the DLS.

Bill

Last edited:
Received notice that most of my content will be available in 24 hours. One of the names has hit a snag. How the heck are we to submit a city name like "Togos h i t a"? The CDP was rejected because it contained a swear word. This is crazy -- it's a City Name!

Bill

Received notice that most of my content will be available in 24 hours. One of the names has hit a snag. How the heck are we to submit a city name like "Togos h i t a"? The CDP was rejected because it contained a swear word. This is crazy -- it's a City Name!

Bill

Honestly I hate to say this, but since some of Japanese names are rendered as "very rude" by English-based word censorship system due to accidentally containing that swear word (if written in alphabet spelling a.k.a romaji), it is very annoying for anyone who really knows that the word is not for swearing someone out there...

Anyway, great creation!

Same here!

Especially earlier in this thread, I was mentioning the "Silent Night" song from those old JR commercials/adverts sang by someone who's last name has the "s-word" in it.

I have uploaded to the DLS roughly 138 (so far) Japanese platform signs as well as hanging platform signs and wall signs. They are nothing more than dressing, but they are identified by station name. They can be used to dress up any station. I tried to group them by rail line in a collection of CDPs, but I'm not sure if the DLS will allow them to be grouped as such. They all use Build number of 3.6, so they should work with pretty much any version of Trainz in use. Since I am terrible at producing content, I had the invaluable help of Narrowgauge who made the meshes for me. My heartfelt thanks for them.

Here is a screenshot of some samples:

I'm working on more. I am also not sure when they will be available, but hopefully "soon." I'll put a note here when they appear on the DLS.

Bill

Fantastic work. Trainz Japan community needed this.
It would be even better if we could get a scripted board so that we can use our own names.

But thank you for your hard work.:D

In other news (and no April fools joke) : I will upload Icarus Shinkansen V2.0. Building Snapshot 3 today :)

It would be even better if we could get a scripted board so that we can use our own names.

I give my full permission here for anyone to clone one of my signs and insert a picture (jpg) of any station sign they desire. For most signs, I used a generic file names "sign.jpg" so all you have to do is replace it with one of your own, making sure it conforms to the "power of 2" sizing.

If it gets uploaded, please add credit to me in the config file as well as leaving my credit to Narrowgauge.

If you download a whole set of them (I'll post which ones go to what rail line) they quite often will indicate the last and next stations below the actual station name. This lends a little more reality to them.

Bill

Icarus Shinkansen v 2.0. WIP Building Snapshot 3 (March progress update)

What is in this update?

- Icarus Main line connects to Hanyo Station
- New Stations between Kitabiko and Hanyo Station
- Trackmarks for Local and Limited express routes on the ICM
- Trackmarks for Local stop positions at the JRH Stations (work in progress)

Will post a detailed route overview soon as there are a lot of stations

- Mita Canyon
- Hamada Onsen (not finished)
- Started urban wards North of Hanyo

Hanyo Shinkansen and road bridge finished
- City scenery around Hanyo Station

Download link (WeTransfer= stays up 6 days)
https://we.tl/t-m7YkHENlBD

Screenshots:

Hamada Onsen:

51088063637_d5d5598d2f_h.jpg
[/URL]

TRS19_2021_04_01_17_15_36_707
by pagroove, on Flickr[/IMG]

E531 Joban @ Hanyo Station:

51003048199_6bfee3e393_h.jpg
[/URL]

TRS19_2021_04_01_16_59_17_737

Tokyo Metro 6000 and E531 @ Hanyo Station:

51087973156_4b34ac54e9_h.jpg
[/URL]T

RS19_2021_04_01_17_03_45_588

S2 E3 Komachi South of Hanyo:

51003048139_615ae76d6d_h.jpg
[/URL]

TRS19_2021_04_01_17_05_57_775

Last edited:
Here are the rail line groupings:

Base KUID is 202442:xxxxxx

Rumoi Line - 110001 through 110017 inclusive (NOTE: 10017 will have to be re-submitted because it contains a "naughty" word - Toges h i ta) I will make it "Togeshiita.")

Tsurumi Line - 110018 through 110031 inclusive

Hanasaki-Nemuro Line - 110032 through 110050 inclusive

Extra (no specific line) - 110051 through 110059 inclusive

Gakuentoshi Line - 110060 through 110097 inclusive

Hisatsu Line - 110098 through 110113 inclusive

Izu-Hakone-Daiyuzan Line - 110114 through 110127 inclusive

Kumagawa Line - 110128 through 110138 inclusive

More to come. If you have a favorite line, let me know and I'll add it to my list of routes to create signs for.

Bill

Here are the rail line groupings:

Base KUID is 202442:xxxxxx

Rumoi Line - 110001 through 110017 inclusive (NOTE: 10017 will have to be re-submitted because it contains a "naughty" word - Toges h i ta) I will make it "Togeshiita.")

Tsurumi Line - 110018 through 110031 inclusive

Hanasaki-Nemuro Line - 110032 through 110050 inclusive

Extra (no specific line) - 110051 through 110059 inclusive

Gakuentoshi Line - 110060 through 110097 inclusive

Hisatsu Line - 110098 through 110113 inclusive

Izu-Hakone-Daiyuzan Line - 110114 through 110127 inclusive

Kumagawa Line - 110128 through 110138 inclusive

More to come. If you have a favorite line, let me know and I'll add it to my list of routes to create signs for.

Bill

Very nice. Thank you :):D

can somebody reply me this please? not trying to sound rude but i have been ignored so many times

I've found that instead of posting a direct screenshot, it is much better to use something like the Windows snipping tool (part of Windows) to capture the image you want. The Internet tends to darken most pictures quite a bit, so before you post it, I'd suggest using photo processing software to brighten it up a few shades and increase the focus (sharpness) GIMP or even Windows photo processing can do this. Cropping an overly large picture is a great way to focus the eye on what you made the picture for in the first place. having loads of trees around a central point of interest only detracts from the image. If you want to show, for instance, a train passing a row of houses, don't do it from a half-mile away - move in close and capture the essence of the scene.

I'm sure other's will have some advice as well.

Bill

I give my full permission here for anyone to clone one of my signs and insert a picture (jpg) of any station sign they desire. For most signs, I used a generic file names "sign.jpg" so all you have to do is replace it with one of your own, making sure it conforms to the "power of 2" sizing.

If it gets uploaded, please add credit to me in the config file as well as leaving my credit to Narrowgauge.

If you download a whole set of them (I'll post which ones go to what rail line) they quite often will indicate the last and next stations below the actual station name. This lends a little more reality to them.

Bill

Thank you.

When My route is finished I will probably do that. Now I am using generic blue nameboards at the stations.

I've found that instead of posting a direct screenshot, it is much better to use something like the Windows snipping tool (part of Windows) to capture the image you want. The Internet tends to darken most pictures quite a bit, so before you post it, I'd suggest using photo processing software to brighten it up a few shades and increase the focus (sharpness) GIMP or even Windows photo processing can do this. Cropping an overly large picture is a great way to focus the eye on what you made the picture for in the first place. having loads of trees around a central point of interest only detracts from the image. If you want to show, for instance, a train passing a row of houses, don't do it from a half-mile away - move in close and capture the essence of the scene.

I'm sure other's will have some advice as well.

Bill

@ Rowlettmaster

Sorry. Here's my tips:
I use a tool from my MSI motherboard for screenshots called MSI afterburner. It allows you to set a screenshot folder and fire away screenshots with a key. I use the HOME key for that.

For screenshots itself. Try to have some object in the foreground. In a picture above I have a bridgerail or a balcony rail in the foreground.
It is not bad to stage the scene. I drive trains in slowmotion or even in the pauze setting to get a good screenshot.

Last edited:
@ Rowlettmaster

Sorry. Here's my tips:
I use a tool from my MSI motherboard for screenshots called MSI afterburner. It allows you to set a screenshot folder and fire away screenshots with a key. I use the HOME key for that.

For screenshots itself. Try to have some object in the foreground. In a picture above I have a bridgerail or a balcony rail in the foreground.
It is not bad to stage the scene. I drive trains in slowmotion or even in the pauze setting to get a good screenshot.

I second that. Actually, most of the screenshots i post in this forum are indeed staged. To get a good effect you can also play a bit with the weather, and most importantly, the sun - by changing the in-game in the session options pop-up you can ajust the position of the sun (for example, you can have your train facing the sun or the opposite).

Here, let me use one of my screenshots as an example. I'm by no way a "screenshot master" and of course there are much better ones than mine, but i think this is one of my best ones yet.

kasuga-red.png

So, here's a small checklist for a "staged" screenshot:

- Subject: choose the best location on a route and a train of your liking. The two do not have to be strictly correlated: the route below is Rizky's Nambu Branch Line in and the train in the forefront is a 113 Series in the "Kasuga" red livery, wich ran in the Kansai area - these absolutely never went nowere near Tokyo.
So, a good suggestion is when using trains that would otherwise be out-of-place avoid iconic or notable spots (for example, if you put a 223 Series at Tokyo Station people are bound to notice that's far out of place) and try to keep station nameboards out of sight. Countryside shots are the most easily disguised.

- Lighting and weather: use the "session option" panel to your heart's content: modify the position of the sun with the in-game hour changer and choose a suitable weather: sunny, rainy, snowy... anything that fits. (for the screenshot above i've set the weather to "foggy with light rain"). Note that changing the position of the sun also affects shadows!

- "Ambient" and other stuff: if you're making a "staged" screenshot your train won't probably be moving at all, so to convey a sense of movement is of utmost importance. Canted curved tracks are the best for this, and if you take the picture "from the inside" you may also be able to fit all the train in a single shot. With electric trains remember to raise the pantographs, while for diesel trains try putting the accellerator in a "power" notch while keeping the brake applied - this will let "running" amounts of smoke coming out of the exhaust (you'll need cab mode to do that as it's impossible to pull out in CCD mode), however note that the smoke will come out vertical, wich if is not disguised properly, will affect the sense of movement. Needless to say, staged screenshots are easier done with electric trains rather than steam or diesel. Also, turning headlights on is often a good thing to do, but not necessary in some cases (such as at mid-day on a route set in the desert for example).
The train above is indeed actually still.

- Post production

Editing the screenshots is also a good move if you want to get a nice picture. Increase or decrease the contrast and lighting, change something here and there, correct some texture errors and so on until you're satistified with the result.
I didn't do it for the screenshot above - you can tell that because of the few hardly-visible white pixels in the red line between the second and third door of the cab car: those are the renmants of the countours of "JR" logo that i replaced with a solid red paint (as the train in question is the JNR version).

I did actually make a couple more errors when taking the screenshot - can you guess wich ones?

Finally, to better have an idea of the screenshot you're going to take, figure out a little background story or so on - this will be very helpful when setting the mood for the picture.

Last edited:
Apologies if this item has been listed as missing beforehand. But I have not been successful in locating it. Only one kuid.
<kuid:181574:1029> is listed as missing from Icarus Shinkansen v2.0 WIP SP3 layout. I would appreciate a link to missing item. Thanking you in advance.

Apologies if this item has been listed as missing beforehand. But I have not been successful in locating it. Only one kuid.
<kuid:181574:1029> is listed as missing from Icarus Shinkansen v2.0 WIP SP3 layout. I would appreciate a link to missing item. Thanking you in advance.

It is an item by Matura. See pasted post (below post #5702
Matura later posted a link to his work but I can't find it at the moment
The item you are missing is a bridge support that you don't miss if you don't know where it belongs.
For now it is the best to edit the route and use the delete missing assets function.

Here are the Kuid Numbers for Icarus Shinkansen v1.5. POB Trainz 12 SP4 version:

You also need those custom buildings. If anyone knows how to add night lighting to them then please help me out. I was not able to to that. But the buildings still look nice.

50653978146_f86d3ca39b_o.png
[/URL]

Icarus Shinkansen V1.5.POB Kuid Numbers

The following content is used by Matura. This content is not on the DLS:

50654084122_b84aebcc3c_o.png
[/URL]

Content Matura (not on DLS)

If you cannot find this content by searching this thread back you can safely delete this items from the route as it is non critical content. It won't affect the quality of the route in a negative way.

@ Matura (if you are still here)

If you are still browsing this forum I ask permission to make a content pack (.CDP) with two above items so that I can host those on my Google Drive so that users can easily redownload them or that u upload those two kuids to the DLS. Thanks. I will send you a pm next week after release.

Back