Japan

Here it is:

Fujikyuko-Railway-6000-Series-1024x586.png

It's already avaible for download at my website (here).

I'll skip writing here the whole description, story and trivia part for the sake of brevity. If you'd like to read it, it's present on the download page.

Well, JR East intends to add two green cars to each train, to form 12- and 8-car sets (from 10 and 6-car ones) with 4-car sets remaining "as they are" to form 4+8=12-car sets, so no intricate "reformation" will be really needed. I thinkl that for sake of standardization, JR East will place the green cars in 4th and 5th position, as with the E233-3000 Series and all other "with-green-car" trains (E235-1000, E231-1000, E217, 211, 113...).
Altough, as i have mentioned in earlier posts, i'm a bit skeptical about JR East really going forward with the Green Car scheme. Given that have to extend the platforms of 32 stations on the Chuo Line alone by 40m+ (wich is already quite a considerable size), the deadline of 2023 seems pretty unrealistic, also considering the fact that there haven't been any "serious" platform expansion works yet.

I'm also quite skeptical as with the practical utility of adding Green Cars to all train, as Chuo Line trains are still expected to run local services between Nakano and Otsuki, so you'd have green cars on a local train, wich is quite an oxymoron, not counting possible delays and aggravated congestion on an already well busy line.

As i mentioned earlier, one of the more sensible solutions (given that JR East is introducing Green Cars on the Chuo Line to compete with Keio Railway's Keio Liner reserved-seating commuter express) would be to re-introduce some of the reserved-seating "Home liner" or "Morning liner" services wich had been discontinued with the introduction of the E353 Series. JR East has already plenty of surplus limited express stock to run these kind of services, such as the E257-500 Series, wich is already a familiar sight on the Chuo Line, and nontheless would be even advantaged as the quad-tracked Chuo Line allows for higher-speed and smoother services than the crowded Keio main line.

Thank you so much! I can test the route with this!
here

Last edited:
JR East has already plenty of surplus limited express stock to run these kind of services, such as the E257-500 Series, wich is already a familiar sight on the Chuo Line, and nontheless would be even advantaged as the quad-tracked Chuo Line allows for higher-speed and smoother services than the crowded Keio main line.

Giving the fact that JR East started its plan to reuse E257-500 on Tokaido Line "Odoriko" services as E237-2500 (for replacing 5-car 185 series normally used on some Odoriko services running from Tokaido Line into Izuhakone Railway Sunzu Line), it seems that E257-500 would became "extinct" from being present in the Chuo Line. But AFAIK the plan for introducing Green Cars on Chuo Rapid Line E233-0 itself is still underway, especially for stations on Ome Line (where platforms on some stations had already began to be lengthened to accommodate longer formation after SaRo E232-0 and SaRo E233-0 began to be coupled to the E233-0).

Giving the fact that JR East started its plan to reuse E257-500 on Tokaido Line "Odoriko" services as E237-2500 (for replacing 5-car 185 series normally used on some Odoriko services running from Tokaido Line into Izuhakone Railway Sunzu Line), it seems that E257-500 would became "extinct" from being present in the Chuo Line. But AFAIK the plan for introducing Green Cars on Chuo Rapid Line E233-0 itself is still underway, especially for stations on Ome Line (where platforms on some stations had already began to be lengthened to accommodate longer formation after SaRo E232-0 and SaRo E233-0 began to be coupled to the E233-0).

So from what I'm getting here. Is that JR East and Central is bringing a new locomotive which is the E237 to replace most or if not all the already existing operating trains on the Tokaido Line. Except for the E257?

Last edited:
So from what I'm getting here. Is that JR East and Central is bringing a new locomotive which is the E237 to replace most or if not all the already existing operating trains on the Tokaido Line. Except for the E257?

No, not at all.

The E353 Series wich was introduced in 2017 has now replaced most, if not all limited express rolling stock in service on the Chuo Line, such as the E351 Series, the last remaining JNR-era 189 and 183 Serieses and the E257 Series.

Given that the E257 Series is a relatively new train (being introduced in 2001), JR East decided to refurbish the surplus cars and re-introduce them on Tokaido Line Odoriko services to replace the JNR-era 185 Series (wich is now nearing 40 years of age, as the whole fleet was built between 1981 and 1982).

The same thing happened for the Boso area E257-500 Series, as most units have now become surplus due to a decrease in limited express passengers numbers in favour of the "regular" Sobu Line rapid services. Some of the E257-500 Series sets will also be refurbished and reassigned to Odoriko services.

Out of those two, the refurbished E257-0s will become "E257-2000s", while refurbished E257-500s will become "E257-2500s".

That's true as well, but it seems that JR East is planning to convert only 4 E257-500 Series sets out of 19 built. Even increasing the number to 7 sets (wich is the current size of the fleet of the 185 Series' 5-car sets), it appears there's plenty of margin left to keep a couple of E257-500s on the Chuo Line as well.

Last edited:
That's true as well, but it seems that JR East is planning to convert only 4 E257-500 Series sets out of 19 built. Even increasing the number to 7 sets (wich is the current size of the fleet of the 185 Series' 5-car sets), it appears there's plenty of margin left to keep a couple of E257-500s on the Chuo Line as well.

Well, let's see what would happen in the following years, as there are lots of surprises out there...

Last edited:
Well, let's see what would happen in the following years, as there are lots of surprises out there...

That's absolutely true...

So, on another topic, here are a few screenshots of mine:

Noto Railway NT200 Series (Keimei)
NT200.png

JR West Kansai Main Line KiHa 120-300 Series
kansaimainline.png

Matsuura Railway MR-100 Series
Matsuuratetsu.png

This is what Japanese people would say as "ローカル線の風景" a.k.a "the landscape of local line". ;)

Great screenshot!

Nice pics AlexMaria :D.

Really nice AlexMaria.

Thank you all!

In other news, for one-and-a-half month for now, due to real-life-interferences, i won't be able to make any "major" modelling, meaning that progress on the 200 Series H-sets and on the DE10/DE11/DD16 will be temporarily halted.
Instead, i'll be focussing on "lighter" works such as the refurbishment of Keimei's older trains, starting from Hanshin ones (#17 on my "i'd-like-to-do-in-2021" list from the 1st of January).

Here's the first one, the 9300 Series:

Hanshin-9300-Series.png

Refurbishment works include:

- New smoother textures
- New enginespecs
- New enginesounds (with added soundscript from Rizky_Adiputra's 201 Series)
- New interiors (where applicable)
And a general "revamp" of the looks.

This is already avaible on my website (here) or directly from (here).

So, the 9300 Series was introduced in 2001 to replace the older 3000 Series wich was an amalgamae of several different serieses built between the early and the mid-1960s and reformed as the "3000 Series" in 1983. In fact, by the late 1990s, due to the extremly intense nature of services on the Hanshin Line, the 3000 Series began to show signs of fatigue and tear, wich progressively worsened with time.

Furthemore, in 1998, Hanshin Railway and San'yo Railway began to run express trough-services between them (via the Kobe Kosoku Line), with San'yo Railway using it's brand-new 5000 and 5300 Serieses, wich had a semi-cross-seating interior layout arrangment, a choice made to compete with JR West's Shin-Kaisoku services, operated by the 221 Series and the brand-new 223 Series.
Hanshin instead, as it did not have any semi-cross-seating trains, on such services had to use the 8000 and 9000 Serieses, wich had longitudinal seating. Longitudinal seating isn't a problem on commuter services, but when it comes to rapid and express services, it often leaves somehting to be desired.
Not only that, but the afromentioned 3000 Series (wich also had all-longitudinal-seating) wasn't even permitted to run trough-services as it lacked the necessary ATS equipment compatible with San'yo Railway's one. Therefore, services run by the 3000 Series had to terminate at Kosoku Kobe Station instead of continuing onto the San'yo Main Line.

As such, time was ripe for Hanshin Railway to introduce a new electric multiple unit design.

Designated as the "9300 Series", the new trains were based on the previous 9000 Series design, but with several cosmetic and technical improvements. Obiviously, they were also fitted with semi-cross-seating.
While it maintained the general layout and dimensions of previous Hanshin Railway stock, the 9300 Series was new under many aspects, starting from the livery: instead of Hanshin's classical red-and-cream livery, wich was sinonymous with Hanshin's rapid services (wich are in fact nicknamed "Aka do-sha": "red cars") the new 9300 Series was adorned by a new striking "Presto Orange" (where "Presto" in italian stands for "quick") and "Silky Beige" livery, wich was also later applied to the earlier 8000 Series.
To speed-up passenger boarding and alighting, the doors were also widened from Hanshin's standard 1300mm to 1400mm.

Manufactured at Hanshin Railway's own Mukogawa Workshops, three 9300 Series 6-car sets were built between 2001 and 2002, with the first set entering service on the 10th of March 2001 and the last one on 14th of March 2003, on the same day that the last remaining 3000 Series set made it's final run.

As of today, the three 9300 Series sets are still in operation on rapid services on both the Hanshin and the San'yo main lines. None of the three sets has undergone any refurbishment program, meaning that their state is the same one as they were introduced twenty years ago. Obiviously, there isn't any replacement planned yet, and it's very well probable that the 9300 Series will continue running for another 20 or more years.

Trivia#1
The choice of the "Presto Orange" livery initially sparked a bit of controversy within the company's top brass: Hansin Railway notoriously owns the Hanshin Tigers professional baseball team, but the tonality of the orange used in the new trains' livery appeared to be too close to theteam's arch-rival's one instead: the Yomiuri Giants.
Depsite opposition within the company, the livery eventually was not modified, and was even subsequently applied also to the older 8000 Series.
The question resurfaced in 2017 at a shareholders meeting, when refurbishment plans for the 9000 Series were being discussed. To avoid repeating "previous mistakes", Hanshin Railway indeed made sure that the 9000 Series' new livery orange tonality was identical to the one used by the Hanshin Tigers.

Trivia#2
The 9300 Series sets were the last trains manufactured by Hanshin's Mukogawa Workshops before their closure in 2002.

Trivia#3
The 9300 Series was Hanshin's first non-fully-longitudinal-seating train since the introduction of the 3011 Series of 1954.

AlexMaria: I used this train alot in my SIRL line. (The Sanito Line to be exact.) It's great you're giving it an upgrade. So does it still run on Standard gauged track or now it runs on the narrow gauged track?

AlexMaria: I used this train alot in my SIRL line. (The Sanito Line to be exact.) It's great you're giving it an upgrade. So does it still run on Standard gauged track or now it runs on the narrow gauged track?

Well, in reality Hashin Railway does run on standard gauge, so this 9300 Series model still does too.

hey ummm not sure is it just me or am i missing a few carriages for the 100 series?

the JNR 100 series didnt have the KP and M2

and so far the west kodama 100 series is missing the MP coach. (which means the consist wont have a pantograph coach)

tho does anybody is missing the same coaches as i do or is it just me?

not only that but the consist itself is having a issue. i dunno why i cant use them

Last edited:
Hi AlexMaria,

you may need to check your Series 9300 Series 100 & and the Series 200 uploads as per rowletmaster post #5893 there are wrong and missing kuids of assets ie:

<kuid:668654:100366> JRC Tohoku Shinkansen 200 series 15 was downloaded with the Series 9300 CDP.

And the consist are showing up with mixed assets.

I know you have a lot on your plate - but it would appear items released in the past few weeks have the issues

Last edited:
Hi AlexMaria,

you may need to check your Series 9300 Series 100 & and the Series 200 uploads as per rowletmaster post #5893 there are wrong and missing kuids of assets ie:

<kuid:668654:100366> JRC Tohoku Shinkansen 200 series 15 was downloaded with the Series 9300 CDP.

I know you have a lot on your plate - but it would appear items released in the past few weeks have the issues

when did alex released a 200 series?

hey ummm not sure is it just me or am i missing a few carriages for the 100 series?

the JNR 100 series didnt have the KP and M2

and so far the west kodama 100 series is missing the MP coach. (which means the consist wont have a pantograph coach)

tho does anybody is missing the same coaches as i do or is it just me?

not only that but the consist itself is having a issue. i dunno why i cant use them

<kuid:668654:100033> is the JNR KP
<kuid:668654:100027> is the JNR M2
<kuid:668654:100059> is the JR West KP

Check with the CMP if those Kuids match something you already have installed. If they do, the problem isn't within the CDP package, but it might rather be a case of "Kuid duplication".

Hi AlexMaria,

I've checked and as i suspected, it's indeed a case of Kuid duplication.

This probably happened because once i made the 200 Series "placeholder" in summer of 2017, i started to have several issues with the TZ12 i was then using, and i had to re-install it, meanwhile losing most, if not all, of my content.
After having reinstalled trainz and most of my "lost" content (indeed except the 200 Series and something other), i got back at making trains again, but evidently, trainz "unknowingly" assigned some already-used Kuid numbers to my more recent trains.

A "tape-and-spit" solution would be to clone all the 200 Series "placeholder" cars, so that they get assigned new kuids, delete the older ones and re-install the "duplicate kuid" content.

Also, to avoid the resurfacing of similar problems in the future, i might have to delete my older content (evrything that's not avaible on my website or was made earlier than October 2017), on the grounds that most also have newer, better versions avaible on my website (such as the 415 Series and Minobu Line 113 Series reskins from around the same period as the 200 Series "placeholder") but to do this i'd need the go-ahead from all of you, as i don't know if you're currently using them or not.

Or, i could do the fix myself and make a 200 Series "placeholder-2" with non-duplicated Kuid numbers, but again, this would still require the deleting of the previous version as a "preventive" mesaure.

when did alex released a 200 series?

Summer of three years ago (page 203 of the thread). I'd won't call it a 200 Series, as i plenty mentioned earlier, it's just a quick "placeholder" reskin of Keimei's 0 Series, wich is completely different from an actual 200 Series.
As such, i've decided not to include it on my website, and i'm considering deleting it.

Now, here is the new reskin of Today:
200.jpg

The Tohoku Shinaknsen 200 series.

It was introduced in 1982, with the opening of the Tohoku and Joetsu Shinkansen, the first Shinkansen Lines eastward from Tokyo.
The first batches were based on the 0 series, but later ones were more similar to the 100 series, with the exception of green paint in place of blue.

While very similar in appearance to the 0 and 100 series, they were more powerful and lighter, sinche the two lines they were operated on are mountain routes with steep gradients.

They were refurbrished in the mid-2000s, with the unrefurbrished units being taken out of service in 2007 and the refurbrished units were retired in 2013, replaced by the E5 series on the Tohoku shinkanen and by the E2 and E4 series on the Joetsu shinkansen line.

Download (add: i'd strongly suggest not to.)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/smapa6vv1qf0x88/Tohoku+Shinkansen+200+series.cdp

@AlexMaria.

Go ahead because it is better to prevent that new errors arise in the future. I love the content you make and the last thing I want that you lose the fun in making those trains because of constant errors that arise that you have to give support on afterwards via the forum :).

<kuid:668654:100033> is the JNR KP
<kuid:668654:100027> is the JNR M2
<kuid:668654:100059> is the JR West KP

Check with the CMP if those Kuids match something you already have installed. If they do, the problem isn't within the CDP package, but it might rather be a case of "Kuid duplication".

so i checked. and i manage to find them

Last edited:
Back