Japan

And a question. Is anyone here on TRS2019 SP2? I am on SP1 And I have read that SP2 causes a lot of problems for users. From Database errors to significant performance reductions. I have therefore decided to postpone my upgrade until more data is available. In the meantime I can happily build further.

Alright. I was done with school and had about an hour of free-time. So I did more development on my route.

I added more buildings around Shin-Genjo. The Station On the Left-Bottom Corner is the IR-East line of the Shinkansen. If you look closely (If they arent any buildings in the way) to the Right next to the Shinkansen line on the right. The Conventional lines are linked to a Tunnel. As it is an Underground Station for Genjo.
50808469041_cc41d3fdce_c.jpg

Do yall think anything shall be changed?
If yall are gonna critizise atleast be somewhat constructive.

Last edited:
So I was looking at images of the E233 Series, and I have found pictures of the 205, E233 2000, 8000, and the Odakyu 4000 Series with green cars. I knew it was not real becuase the person must have photoshop them
DSC_1139.jpg

DSC_1304_20150205012903131.jpg

DSC_1444_2015020501290574e.jpg

20150205012905557.jpg

Found a good Youtube Channel. JP Rail. With good actual news on Japanese rail. Wil share 2 video's here. Please give this nice channel a subscribe if you like the content:

Rail news Japan 2021:

sadly this news is wrong on the E4's retirement

due to back then what happened to the E7 which got scrap thanks to the... (forgot what incident)
so E4 will be staying longer

So I was looking at images of the E233 Series, and I have found pictures of the 205, E233 2000, 8000, and the Odakyu 4000 Series with green cars. I knew it was not real becuase the person must have photoshop them

The E233 Ones werent fake. Some E233's actually have some Double deckers as Green Cars.
For Example:
Heres a Tokaido Line E233-1000(?) Series. Since Osaka and Mishima is quite a distance from Tokyo. It uses Green Cars.
Image:
208999316_624.jpg

Credit to Shunya for the Picture.

To Rowlet: Responding for the incident. It was a typhoon that hit Central Japan I think last year or 2019. the 7 - 8 trains were sinked to flooding in a Shinkansen Depot in Nagano.

Last edited:
AlexMaria, I recently downloaded your Sakiyo Line 205 series and got an unknown asset for the k car.

<kuid:668654:100055> by alexmaria

Heres a Tokaido Line E233-1000(?) Series. Since Osaka and Mishima is quite a distance from Tokyo. It uses Green Cars.
The 1000 subseries units are used by Keihin-Tohoku Line, and since they were built as "commuter type" they don't have Green Cars (SaRo E232 and SaRo E233) at all. On the other hand, those operated on Tokaido Line were classified as E233-3000 and they were built as "suburban type" (they are primarily deployed on suburban service of JR East portion of Tokaido Line from Tokyo to Atami, as well as Shonan-Shinjuku Line, Takasaki Line and Utsunomiya Line). While E233-3000 (as well as the earlier-built E231-1000) do have some through-running to JR Central portion of Tokaido Line as far as Numazu (which includes Mishima), they never ran all the way to Osaka due to several technical reasons that would be too long to be described here (though one of the main reason is to prevent delay caused by accidents etc to be spread all the way to other stations, which in turn caused horrific traffic disruption in the whole line).

AlexMaria, I recently downloaded your Sakiyo Line 205 series and got an unknown asset for the k car.

<kuid:668654:100055> by alexmaria

It's my "JNR/JR Local EMU Hornsound". You can download it here. It's quite odd, as i'm sure i had inserted it into the dependencies file included in the package...

The E233 Ones werent fake. Some E233's actually have some Double deckers as Green Cars.
For Example:
Image:
208999316_624.jpg

Credit to Shunya for the Picture.

To Rowlet: Responding for the incident. It was a typhoon that hit Central Japan I think last year or 2019. the 7 - 8 trains were sinked to flooding in a Shinkansen Depot in Nagano.
I pretty sure all of the E233-3000番台 and E231-1000番台 (Series) of the Tokaido line / Ueno Tokyo line have Green cars,
I see them a lot at Shinjuku.

Last edited:
I pretty sure all of the E233-1000番台 and E231-1000番台 (Series) of the Tokaido line / Ueno Tokyo line have Green cars,
I see them a lot at Shinjuku.

Excuse me for some correction, those classified as E233-1000 (E233系1000番台) is actually used by Keihin-Tohoku Line, whereas the ones in that picture is classified as E233-3000 (E233系3000番台).

Ohh I see. The Keihin Tohoku Lines used the green cars from the E233-3000. So I bet the Nambu line did the same thing and used it from the E233-3000 Series . I would love to see them as a reskin in Trainz.

For Example:

Ohh I see. The Keihin Tohoku Lines used the green cars from the E233-3000. So I bet the Nambu line did the same thing and used it from the E233-3000 Series . I would love to see them as a reskin in Trainz.

I think we need a bit of clarification here.

As aryadwi_ef641030 correctly stated:

The 1000 subseries units are used by Keihin-Tohoku Line, and since they were built as "commuter type" they don't have Green Cars (SaRo E232 and SaRo E233) at all. On the other hand, those operated on Tokaido Line were classified as E233-3000 and they were built as "suburban type" (they are primarily deployed on suburban service of JR East portion of Tokaido Line from Tokyo to Atami, as well as Shonan-Shinjuku Line, Takasaki Line and Utsunomiya Line). [...]

[...] those classified as E233-1000 (E233系1000番台) is actually used by Keihin-Tohoku Line, whereas the ones in that picture is classified as E233-3000 (E233系3000番台).

So far, there are nine sub-serieses of the E233 Series:

-0 Subseries (E233-0 Series) - for Chuo Line rapid services (Tokyo to Otsuki) with trough-services on the Ome and Itsukaichi Line - 10-car sets or 4+6-car sets for Itsukaichi and Ome Line duties - No green cars (introduction planned for 2023, but yet to come).
-1000 Subseries (E233-1000 Series) - for Keihin-Tohoku and Negishi Line services (Ofuna to Omiya via Yokohama) - 10-car sets - No green cars.
-2000 Subseries
(E233-2000 Series) - for Joban Line trough-services onto the Tokyo Metro Chiyoda Line and the Odakyu Odawara and Tama Lines (Toride to Hon-Atsugi or Karakida via the Chiyoda Line) - 10-car sets - No green cars
-3000 Subseries (E233-3000 Series) - for Tokaido Main Line, Shonan-Shinjuku Line and Ueno-Tokyo Line with trough-services on the Utsunomiya and Takasaki Lines (Atami or Mishima to Takasaki or Utsunomiya via Tokyo or Shinjuku) - 10 and 5-car sets, operable in multiple unit with 10 and 5-car sets of the E231-1000 Series to form 10+5-car sets. Two green cars only for the 10-car sets.
-5000 Subseries
(E233-5000 Series) - for Keiyo Line services (Tokyo to Chibaminato or Soga) - 10-car sets - No green cars.
-6000 Subseries
(E233-6000 Series) - for Yokohama Line services (Yokohama or Higashi-Kanagawa to Hachioji) - 8-car sets - No green cars.
-7000 Subseries (E233-7000 Series) - for Saikyo Line services with trough-services on the TWR Rinkai Line and the Kawagoe Line (Shin-Kiba to Omiya or Kawagoe) - 10-car sets - No green cars.
-8000 Subseries
(E233-8000) - for Nambu Line services - 6-car sets - No green cars
-8500 Subseries (E233-8500) - for Nambu Line services - 6-car set - No green cars

In short, only E233-3000s have two green cars, and those are placed only into the 10-car formations.

Does anyone know if Jtrainz is going to come back? His website has been "dead" for a while. :(

Unfortunately, i don't think it will...
It had some nice content, but all of that is probably lost, unless someone has still some stuff installed and will share it, but i guess that would be against copyright...

As far as i know, the only "Ex-JTrainz" things that "survived" are the Tokyo Metro 08 Series and the Chiyoda Branch Line route (both payware and avaible on the Trainz Store) or the 203 Series and the KiHa 141 Series, both of wich are freeware and avaible on the DLS. On my website i also have an "improved" version of JTrainz's 203 Series avaible for download.

In short, only E233-3000s have two green cars, and those are placed only into the 10-car formations.

Basically at this time only the E233-3000s that are currently having green cars (and they're coupled to the 10-car formation, which is categorized as "基本編成" or "basic formation", as opposed to the 5-car formation called as "付属編成" or "trailing formation"), though for the E233-0 itself it is still unclear for ToTa* H and ToTa Ao formations, as they were built as 4+6 formation (and currently there are no further details about plans for coupling SaRo E232-0 and SaRo E233-0 in the E233-0 trainsets).

*ToTa: identification code for Toyoda Rolling Stock Center. As for E233-0, there are 3 types of formations:
1. ToTa T -> 10-car fixed formation (固定編成)
2. ToTa H -> 10-car separable formation (分割編成), 4+6 formation
3. ToTa Ao -> 10-car separable formation (分割編成), 4+6 formation. Actually they were intended for Ome Line and Itsukaichi Line, but technically they can be used for Chuo Rapid Line services between Tokyo and Tachikawa. Note that the Ao4xx is for 4-car formation, while Ao6xx is for 6-car formation

That will be perfect if you can link them!

Yes That Will me perfect for my route!

Here it is:

Fujikyuko-Railway-6000-Series-1024x586.png

It's already avaible for download at my website (here).

I'll skip writing here the whole description, story and trivia part for the sake of brevity. If you'd like to read it, it's present on the download page.

Basically at this time only the E233-3000s that are currently having green cars (and they're coupled to the 10-car formation, which is categorized as "基本編成" or "basic formation", as opposed to the 5-car formation called as "付属編成" or "trailing formation"), though for the E233-0 itself it is still unclear for ToTa* H and ToTa Ao formations, as they were built as 4+6 formation (and currently there are no further details about plans for coupling SaRo E232-0 and SaRo E233-0 in the E233-0 trainsets).

*ToTa: identification code for Toyoda Rolling Stock Center. As for E233-0, there are 3 types of formations:
1. ToTa T -> 10-car fixed formation (固定編成)
2. ToTa H -> 10-car separable formation (分割編成), 4+6 formation
3. ToTa Ao -> 10-car separable formation (分割編成), 4+6 formation. Actually they were intended for Ome Line and Itsukaichi Line, but technically they can be used for Chuo Rapid Line services between Tokyo and Tachikawa. Note that the Ao4xx is for 4-car formation, while Ao6xx is for 6-car formation

Well, JR East intends to add two green cars to each train, to form 12- and 8-car sets (from 10 and 6-car ones) with 4-car sets remaining "as they are" to form 4+8=12-car sets, so no intricate "reformation" will be really needed. I thinkl that for sake of standardization, JR East will place the green cars in 4th and 5th position, as with the E233-3000 Series and all other "with-green-car" trains (E235-1000, E231-1000, E217, 211, 113...).
Altough, as i have mentioned in earlier posts, i'm a bit skeptical about JR East really going forward with the Green Car scheme. Given that have to extend the platforms of 32 stations on the Chuo Line alone by 40m+ (wich is already quite a considerable size), the deadline of 2023 seems pretty unrealistic, also considering the fact that there haven't been any "serious" platform expansion works yet.

I'm also quite skeptical as with the practical utility of adding Green Cars to all train, as Chuo Line trains are still expected to run local services between Nakano and Otsuki, so you'd have green cars on a local train, wich is quite an oxymoron, not counting possible delays and aggravated congestion on an already well busy line.

As i mentioned earlier, one of the more sensible solutions (given that JR East is introducing Green Cars on the Chuo Line to compete with Keio Railway's Keio Liner reserved-seating commuter express) would be to re-introduce some of the reserved-seating "Home liner" or "Morning liner" services wich had been discontinued with the introduction of the E353 Series. JR East has already plenty of surplus limited express stock to run these kind of services, such as the E257-500 Series, wich is already a familiar sight on the Chuo Line, and nontheless would be even advantaged as the quad-tracked Chuo Line allows for higher-speed and smoother services than the crowded Keio main line.

Last edited:
Back