Japan

Welcome to the forum and happy early birthday.

Anyways
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Road Work along the Icarus Main Line in Kitakazu. All trains have to slow down and blow the horn when they are approching the workers
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Well I downloaded your layout pagroov and it appears I have some stuff to find for it. Mainly the missing tracks and some textures which I swear I already have, especially the water. I've got all the major objects it's just minor stuff that's missing so far, a tree or two or some building or platforms. I hope to have these missing objects found soon. It looks like a pretty interesting route. I've got some exploring to do on it.
missing-textures.jpg
missing-tracks.jpg

Well I downloaded your layout pagroov and it appears I have some stuff to find for it. Mainly the missing tracks and some textures which I swear I already have, especially the water. I've got all the major objects it's just minor stuff that's missing so far, a tree or two or some building or platforms. I hope to have these missing objects found soon. It looks like a pretty interesting route. I've got some exploring to do on it.

You are missing a lot. Try to filter on missing dependencies in content manager. You are missing the main tracks. I see it on pic 2 it doesn't look right. Did you download the right version for your Trainz? For Trains 12 it is only for SP4.

Even if you see some unknown you can still try to download the unknowns. But everything except 2 Matura Dependencies in on the DLS. Which I am planning to share soon as I have permission by Matura.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum and happy early birthday.

Anyways
Road Work along the Icarus Main Line in Kitakazu. All trains have to slow down and blow the horn when they are approching the workers

Nice that you make your own scenario on the route :D Thanks for the pics. Keep'm coming.

NIce pics there. I downloaded both the Public backup version and the trainz 12 version. I'm guessing once I find all of the missing objects in the back up version, the trains 12 version should work. I had the same problem when I first downloaded your electro island route had to find the missing tracks and textures and some buildings so it's just a matter of finding those missing objects.

NIce pics there. I downloaded both the Public backup version and the trainz 12 version. I'm guessing once I find all of the missing objects in the back up version, the trains 12 version should work. I had the same problem when I first downloaded your electro island route had to find the missing tracks and textures and some buildings so it's just a matter of finding those missing objects.

Yeah try to filter on missing dependencies, unknowns, built ins and payware just to check all. As the tracks used on the ng network are the same as on Electro Island. So it's a bit weird why they are missing at your route.

There are some really great pictures in this thread. High-speed trains whooshing down smooth rails, across sweeping bridges, and along raised embankments past rice fields before ducking into vast echoing stations. What is missing are equally vast freight facilities. JR Freight hauls a massive load of goods from one place to another, yet there are hardly any of these facilities on the DLS or elsewhere (unless I've missed them, which is entirely possible). On this page alone is a wealth of information on freight operations , including a couple of good pictures.

I am terrible at creating anything. My Blender sample of a "little box" turned out to be the size of a Tokyo hotel once on my route. Are there any existing places where freight content might be found? Intermodal yards, for instance, abound on the DLS, yet none of them adapt well to a Japanese setting. Same for motive power. Several EF-series are around, and steam is well represented, too. Freight cars are hard to find though.

Keep up the good work. Love to see the pictures.

Bill

There are some really great pictures in this thread. High-speed trains whooshing down smooth rails, across sweeping bridges, and along raised embankments past rice fields before ducking into vast echoing stations. What is missing are equally vast freight facilities. JR Freight hauls a massive load of goods from one place to another, yet there are hardly any of these facilities on the DLS or elsewhere (unless I've missed them, which is entirely possible). On this page alone is a wealth of information on freight operations , including a couple of good pictures.

I am terrible at creating anything. My Blender sample of a "little box" turned out to be the size of a Tokyo hotel once on my route. Are there any existing places where freight content might be found? Intermodal yards, for instance, abound on the DLS, yet none of them adapt well to a Japanese setting. Same for motive power. Several EF-series are around, and steam is well represented, too. Freight cars are hard to find though.

Keep up the good work. Love to see the pictures.

Bill
Hi,

Glad to hear you like the pictures on this thread. I'm a huge JRF fan too.
Here is a list with JRF loco's and rolling stock in Trainz. (It's possible i may forgot some)

On DLS:

JRH EF64 (JRF New color, old blue color)
JRH DF200
DD51
DD13
DE50
DF50
EF81

There are a lot JNR and some JRF freight wagons on the DLS. A keyword can be "JNR", "JRF" or "JRH".

On the internet:

EF67, EF81 and EF70 by me.

EF65, EF81 and EF70 by GriffinRails

EF66 by Kenichiro

EF58 by Hanshin9501

Somewhere on this thread: (I don't have direct links to these pages, sorry...)

EF210 by KHB
EH800 by KHB
ED16 by KHB
EF65 by KHB (+Interior)
KOKI5000 by KHB
WAKI800 by KHB
EF64 variants by AlexMaria
DD13 variants by AlexMaria

Also some on this thread winch I don't remember the author anymore:

JRF KOKI pack
JRF Container assets

Currently, I'm working on a JRF DE11, DE10, DD16 and DE15 with AlexMaria. I make the models, AlexMaria finishes it.

Here are some screenshots of my W.I.P. JRF routes

Hiroshima Freight Terminal
50706266638_bd80f36a89.jpg
[/URL]2020-12-03 193148 by Sanyo J, on Flickr[/IMG]
50707001781_dba9c3197d.jpg
[/URL]2020-12-04 165312 by Sanyo J, on Flickr[/IMG]

Fictive Route "Nagato Region" WIP
50706318413_bcc73a65fe.jpg
[/URL]2020-11-22 133116 by Sanyo J, on Flickr[/IMG]
50706318068_f71d77dc61.jpg
[/URL]2020-11-22 133033 by Sanyo J, on Flickr[/IMG]

From what I know, there are no JRF routes for Trainz yet.

Last edited:
Hi,

Glad to hear you like the pictures on this thread. I'm a huge JRF fan too.
Here is a list with JRF loco's and rolling stock in Trainz. (It's possible i may forgot some)

On DLS:

JRH EF64 (JRF New color, old blue color)
JRH DF500
DD51
DD13
DE50
DF50
EF81

There are a lot JNR and some JRF freight wagons on the DLS. A keyword can be "JNR", "JRF" or "JRH".

On the internet:

EF67, EF81 and EF70 by me.

EF65, EF81 and EF70 by GriffinRails

Somewhere on this thread: (I don't have direct links to these pages, sorry...)

EF210 by KHB
EH800 by KHB
ED16 by KHB
EF65 by KHB (+Interior)
KOKI5000 by KHB
WAKI800 by KHB
EF64 variants by AlexMaria
DD13 variants by AlexMaria

Also some on this thread winch I don't remember the author anymore:

JRF KOKI pack
JRF Container assets

Currently, I'm working on a JRF DE11, DE10, DD16 and DE15 with AlexMaria. I make the models, AlexMaria finishes it.

Here are some screenshots of my W.I.P. JRF routes

Hiroshima Freight Terminal
URL], on Flickr

URL], on Flickr

Fictive Route "Nagato Region" WIP
URL], on Flickr

URL], on Flickr

From what I know, there are no JRF routes for Trainz yet.

Very nice following with interest. I plan a larger freight yard to near Icaruko. The islands (because it is near the sea) are already created. For now the Awaji freight yard is the most detailed yard that I have on my route.

love to see your route grow too. :).

Oh. Outstanding! I'm also working on a smaller route that handles freight as well as passengers. At both ends (it's a point-to-point rr) are yards separated from the passenger terminals by either a wide road (at one end) or a river (at the other). I have no idea how long it will take me get it done, but since it's only around 35 KM, it shouldn't take too long (famous last words).

For passenger stations, I'm creating platform signs in the JR style (oblong, white, with the bright green horizontal slash through the middle with the station name on it). Peter (Narrowgauge) is making the frames for the signs and I'm slogging through the station pictures and picking out signs for the frames. I'll post a few as samples "soon."

Bill

Here's a quick shot of what I'm working on......

signs.jpg

And when I'm finished with this style (I have around 75 or 80 to do), I'll also put some station wall signs in varying sizes to tack onto the front of stations or wherever else you want them. Helps turn a generic station into a specific station.

Bill

Last edited:
Oh. Outstanding! I'm also working on a smaller route that handles freight as well as passengers. At both ends (it's a point-to-point rr) are yards separated from the passenger terminals by either a wide road (at one end) or a river (at the other). I have no idea how long it will take me get it done, but since it's only around 35 KM, it shouldn't take too long (famous last words).

For passenger stations, I'm creating platform signs in the JR style (oblong, white, with the bright green horizontal slash through the middle with the station name on it). Peter (Narrowgauge) is making the frames for the signs and I'm slogging through the station pictures and picking out signs for the frames. I'll post a few as samples "soon."

Bill

It depends on which version you create but 35KM equals about 1 year of work. As my route is now about 100 kilometers from North to South (and still not entirely finished) that took 4 years :eek::). But just started building in TANE SP3 after my interim release and thereby retiring TS12 for route building ( I still let it stay on my HD though for all sorts of other purposes (skinning and up versioning). But wow it strikes me how much faster I can build in TANE when compared to 12. No more lag. No more freezing every 10 minutes (it had those mini freezes) and content manager doesn't require those long DB repairs.

Looking forward to more routes from other authors. Let's keep this community a lively place :D.

Here's a quick shot of what I'm working on......

And when I'm finished with this style (I have around 75 or 80 to do), I'll also put some station wall signs in varying sizes to tack onto the front of stations or wherever else you want them. Helps turn a generic station into a specific station.

Bill

Very nice station boards.

Back