Japan

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Don't know what station this is, but a 205 Series heading for Toshin Airport

Hi all,

As you probably know a few posts ago I told about my annoyances with Trainz 12. Trainz 12 is annoying the hell out of me for quite a while and I want to speed up building the Icarus Shinkansen route

I have made a decision, so I present to you the Icarus Shinkansen Road Map for 2020.

November 28, 2020. Release of Icarus Shinkansen 2.0 POB

POB stands for Public Online Backup.

Basically this will be the last version of Icarus Shinkansen that work in Trainz 12.

Goals for this release (what will be in this release)

Compatibility goals:

- Trainz 12 and Trainz 2 macs compatible
- TANE SP3 compatible version (skip TANE SP2 due to assets being buggy moslty conent with a checkerboard pattern)
- Trainz 2019 Platinum compatible version

Route goals

- Make the Shinkansen portion of the Icarus finished as far as it can possible be. I can now already say that users of this version can drive the whole route. Except for the future to realize Mini Shinkansens. But maybe I can also make that part for November 28th (no promises on that though)

- Finish at least the scenery directly near the Shinkansen tracks

- For the rest of the route I will be trying my best to get it up to reasonable state but the rest of the route will be for a version 3.0

Other goal

- Having an online backup to fall back on in case something happens with the computer or installation of Trains.

Future goals after Icarus Shinkansen 2.0. POB will be:

- Version 3.0. With the whole route finished. Minimum version supported TANE SP3

-----> the following are possible future versions I may or may not release:

- Version 3.5. A merge ready version with Electro Island
- Version 4.0 Expansion 1 (Shin Hanyo City)
- Version 5.0 The rest of East Icaruco. Finishing up Kitabiko and a lot of other city

I hope the Trainz 12 users will understand that I will make this move. As said they are not missing out on the main attraction of the route because that will be complete. But for the whole completed route a higher version is needed. Also I willl not make or support any sessions for this version.

Last edited:
It's cool pagroov. Least you'll have some back up just incase god forbid there is major porblems with using the route on newer versions. I guess that's the thing when you're making mega long and large routes is that they take years to finnish and three or 4 versions of Trainz may have come out before you're done.

It's cool pagroov. Least you'll have some back up just incase god forbid there is major porblems with using the route on newer versions. I guess that's the thing when you're making mega long and large routes is that they take years to finnish and three or 4 versions of Trainz may have come out before you're done.

Thank you :D. Yes that is exactly the problem. The Icarus Shinkansen route is now about 4 years or more in the making and in a nearly finished state. In Trainz 12 it is working as it is being built in Trainz 12. But I have constant pauzes, areas not being drawn instantly, lag and the dreaded database repair that takes an age on 12. What funny is that driving the route still goes well. So it is mainly surveyor that is a lagfest. I think that because it is a 32 bit application it works better on an older 32 bit computer and on 64 bit (my current system) it is not computing :hehe:.

But all jokes aside. On 28th november you will be finally enjoy the routes and certainly drive around a very large potion of the map. And then Trainz has a new 94 km long stretch of Shinkansen route. And in the future I want to connect it with your route. But to to that I have a route in between of at least the same size :hehe:.

So um guys after seeing a screenshot on trainz gallery. I wanna ask. How or where can I get this

[/QUOTE]

Whose screenshot is it?

I've checked, and the Cassiopeia is not avaible on the DLS: this means it's either avaible on some obscure website or (more probably) it's a private reskin that hasn't been relased yet (i recognized the coaches: they are a reskin of Rizky's SaRo green cars from the E231 and E233 Serieses).

Whose screenshot is it?

I've checked, and the Cassiopeia is not avaible on the DLS: this means it's either avaible on some obscure website or (more probably) it's a private reskin that hasn't been relased yet (i recognized the coaches: they are a reskin of Rizky's SaRo green cars from the E231 and E233 Serieses).

the guy who took the screenshot is [FONT=&quot]TreinspotterJeffrey

[/FONT]

Kumataka Station

A 0 Series (Right) is parked on the station platform and is on its Kodama service for Shin-Naganuma
Shortly after parking a 700 series Railstar (Left) Is on its Hikari service for Yamate, overtaking the 0 Series at 270 km/h
50576215593_80c1a93242_b.jpg

The Railstar is made by Hirochi and can be found at the DLS
The 0 Series is made by Hirochi as well and can be found on the DLS

Thank you :D. Yes that is exactly the problem. The Icarus Shinkansen route is now about 4 years or more in the making and in a nearly finished state. In Trainz 12 it is working as it is being built in Trainz 12. But I have constant pauzes, areas not being drawn instantly, lag and the dreaded database repair that takes an age on 12. What funny is that driving the route still goes well. So it is mainly surveyor that is a lagfest. I think that because it is a 32 bit application it works better on an older 32 bit computer and on 64 bit (my current system) it is not computing :hehe:.

But all jokes aside. On 28th november you will be finally enjoy the routes and certainly drive around a very large potion of the map. And then Trainz has a new 94 km long stretch of Shinkansen route. And in the future I want to connect it with your route. But to to that I have a route in between of at least the same size :hehe:.

Those two routes connected would make one long shinkansen trip. depending on where you connect it. Before the computer crash, I was seeking to expand the route 50 miles north of Quad City and at the 25 mile, make a city called North Union. There the train lines would seperate into two routes, One going north and the other going northwest. I had built that section loong time ago in trainz 2006 but had to discard it. I've been slacking off on my current route though, I'm hoping to get my route making mojo back soon.

Those two routes connected would make one long shinkansen trip. depending on where you connect it. Before the computer crash, I was seeking to expand the route 50 miles north of Quad City and at the 25 mile, make a city called North Union. There the train lines would seperate into two routes, One going north and the other going northwest. I had built that section loong time ago in trainz 2006 but had to discard it. I've been slacking off on my current route though, I'm hoping to get my route making mojo back soon.

Maybe upgrade your pc and then convert your current route to a new version? It's a great time to be a gamer because all those new Ryzen CPU's are coming out.

Track work between Kumataka (2nd station) and Haneda (3rd Station) Are finished. From now on im gonna focus on most scenery between that section. Screenshot of that will probably come tommorow. :D

Last summer (2019) I was trying to reskin one of the Cars from the E4s to an E1 series on their original livery.
50585262062_cecf7cf381_b.jpg

One problem though, during that time period while i was reskinning a TGV coach into a KTX-I, I started Trainz, Put both cars, and their colors barely showed or is just... Plain white. So yea, have to figure out how to fix that. So if anyone knows how to fix this please tell me, Appreciated! :wave:

If you wanna follow up my progress on the Genjo-Shinkansen feel free to check it out here. :cool:
https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?161182-Genjo-Shinkansen&p=1841787#post1841787

Last edited:
Hello,

I am new here but have been following this thread for a while. After a lot of hassle I can finally post something. There was a problem on my account that prevented me from writing messages on this thread. Anyway, I hope to make friends here with people who have the same interest as me: Japanese train(z). I just created a website through Wix. There are already 4 repaints of Japanese trains, such as the E257-2000 (W.I.P.).

Here is the link:
https://jeffreyrackels.wixsite.com/sanyoj

Keep in mind that the site is new and that a lot still needs to change.
2k5mM4A
50588790948_d760d7d701_k.jpg
[/URL]2020-11-09 091819 by Jeffrey Rackels, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:
Hello,

I am new here but have been following this thread for a while. After a lot of hassle I can finally post something. There was a problem on my account that prevented me from writing messages on this thread. Anyway, I hope to make friends here with people who have the same interest as me: Japanese train(z). I just created a website through Wix. There are already 4 repaints of Japanese trains, such as the E257-2000 (W.I.P.).

Here is the link:
https://jeffreyrackels.wixsite.com/sanyoj

Keep in mind that the site is new and that a lot still needs to change.

Welcome! You've come to the right place!

It's a nice website. I'm very interested in the upcoming content, especially the Enoshima line and the fictional Egyptian route!

I did also attempt to make a reskin of JIRC/Rizky_Adiputra's E257 Series, specifically the E257-500 Subseries for Boso Area express services...

640px-E257_10car_Wakashio.jpg

it was coming along nicely, but then, i don't remember why, i stopped working on it...

...maybe i'll finish it in the following weeks...

Finally, if i may make a humble suggestion for your website, Arial Black is not exactly a easy-to-read font; i'd suggest you change it to the "normal" Arial or something thinner. Personally, for my website, i use almost exclusively Helvetica.

Welcome! You've come to the right place!

It's a nice website. I'm very interested in the upcoming content, especially the Enoshima line and the fictional Egyptian route!

I did also attempt to make a reskin of JIRC/Rizky_Adiputra's E257 Series, specifically the E257-500 Subseries for Boso Area express services...

640px-E257_10car_Wakashio.jpg

it was coming along nicely, but then, i don't remember why, i stopped working on it...

...maybe i'll finish it in the following weeks...

Finally, if i may make a humble suggestion for your website, Arial Black is not exactly a easy-to-read font; i'd suggest you change it to the "normal" Arial or something thinner. Personally, for my website, i use almost exclusively Helvetica.

I've already tried it, but I'm afraid I'm going to stop too. When I wanted to reskin Rizky's 3K carriage and I was finally done, I was told it was faulty. I thought this was weird, so I tried again, but again, faulty ... So, I started repainting the K-carriage. It worked, but I think it looks weird like that.
50589925281_9c0bd695bf_k.jpg
[/URL]2020-11-11 131641 by Jeffrey Rackels, on Flickr[/IMG]

And i will change my font on my website, so people can read it better. Thanks for telling me.

So I wanted to share a video of some melodies of the Shinkansen. Some you may heard before and some you might not heard before

Back