Japan

Thx brother, ill waited ��

@ Dibuetmedon. I have to look on my computer. I will repackage it. Bear in mind it is a fictional metro to be driven on the future fictional Icaruco Metro :D.
Edited to add:

Original download link still works:

You (and also Alex himself) can download it here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bWD2OAEzPLzGNly6PwFlfJcbgrnnETIO/view

From the Message AlexMaria sent me:

All the necessary dependencies are either included in the original 8090/8590 Series package or are avaible on the DLS, except the pantographs, wich must be downloaded from jirctrainz.com

Also if you are still missing: <kuid:777910:1019> This is the "TS807 Bogey". It should be avaible on the DLS. is the "TS807 Bogey". It should be avaible on the DLS.

The package includes two variants: a shunt-chopper controlled one, and a VVVF-controlled one as you requested.

About the Icaruko Metro (fictional history)

In 1983 the city of Icaruco underwent a major network expansion. A lot of lines where doubled and some new lines where built. As these network modifications went faster then expected there was a shortage of trains. Icaruco metro ordered 10 6 car sets and 5 10 car sets from the Socimi Industries/ Tokyu Factory line in the form of a specially adapted Tokyo 8090. The trains where all ready for through running on main lines.

The original series where DC. But in 2003 after 20 years of service life all trains where retrofitted with a VVVF engine.
Thanks to all modifications this train is still going strong on the network

50402651751_a4a6c24fbb_h.jpg
[/URL]TRS19_2020_09_30_23_47_41_854 by pagroove, on Flickr[/IMG]

50201886833_eda793a888_c.jpg
[/URL]sketch

Note that the finished train includes blue doors. But maybe I do a reskin in future. So for now the local trains have blue doors.

The nose:

50202427831_a74b877296_c.jpg
[/URL]

Front LOCAL after VVVF mod2003
by pagroove, on Flickr[/IMG]
Note that the finished train does not include vvvf logo on the front but the motor sound is a vvvf.

I asked AlexMaria to inlcude Hirochi Odakyu4000 panel in this as I didn't like the color effect that the glass gives in the original version.

Have fun.

Last edited:
That was pretty imformative!! I didn't know it was once built in the ocean. The line's history reminded me of the Chicago Loop and how 4 independant railroads came together to form one system.

Yes I didn't know that that Shinagawa was once on the coast. Now it is built 1,5 km on land due to land reclamation.

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/kirameki350/status/1302961365590523907?s=21
^^
for anybody who doesn’t know what the video is about. Is about V6 being towed away and heard to become the first 500 to be scrapped.

And as why is it getting scrapped is because of it being a 500 to being spare parts for the rest of the 500.

so... why am I saying this here is that. I am hoping that somebody will do a easy reskin of hirochic’s 500 kodama from the V2 logo to the V6 logo. So that V6 could be preserved within trainz

Hey @AlexMaria since the Chuo Line Rapid is getting First Class green cars, I was woundering if you can make a reskin of it

Sure, i may try.

Nice :D. Will be needed I think because that is a heavily congested line.

The Chuo Line is NOW getting the green cars?!! Ridership must've skyrocketed fast over the years.

Actually, ridership on the Chuo Line has been stable for almost 20-25 years now. The reason why the Green Cars may be introduced to the Chuo Line is entirely different: it is to provide competition against Keio Railway's Keio Liner service, wich started operations in 2017.
Introducing Green Cars on the Chuo Line might actually be harmful to the line's capacity: as it is, the Chuo Line is an already well overcrowded line - the addition of two green cars will only increase dwelling time, and subsequently reduce possible frequency and increase running times, wich can lead to a worsening of the overcrowding.

Furthermore, the Green Cars on the Chuo Line might actually be useless: the line is only 53Km long (Tokyo to Takao), a distance wich is covered in about 30 minutes by a rapid train.
The purpose of green cars is to provide sitting places on long commuter runs, where standing for an hour or more becomes impractical: for comparison all the services using green cars as of today (the Shonan-Shinjuku/Takasaki/Utsunomiya Line ones, the Tokaido/Ueno-Tokyo Line ones, the Joban/Tohoku Main Line ones and the Yokosuka/Sobu Line ones) all run a distance of atleast 100Km, with some even reaching up to 120/130Km and running times well above one hour (some even near two).

If i'd were JR East, i'd still lenghten the Chuo Line platform to 12-cars capacity, but just for two more "conventional" commuter cars. JR East had already operated reserved-seating rapid services designed for commuters in the form of the "Chuo Liner" services (discontinued in 2019 and replaced by the "Hachioji" Limited Express service). A sensible thing to do might have been to maintain such services instead of undergoing all these costly, lenghty and possibly harmful modifications.

Found this very interesting video. Really worth your time if you have travelled on Tokyo's Yamanote line or planning to do so at the future. Had to share. :D .

Thanks for sharing; the video is surely informative, altough i did dislike the narrator's voice (but that's just my opinion).

I'd like to add a few things more regarding the 1967 Shinjuku Tanker explosion (wich was carrying jet fuel for USAF's arcrafts based at the Tachikawa Air Base): as a result of the accident, freight trains carrying dangerous goods (from fuel to chemical products and beyond) were immediately banned from running in central Tokyo and outlying areas, leading to the construction of the very important Musashino freight bypass line. The ban is still in effect as of today, and the only freight trains permitted to run in central Tokyo are a couple of very-early-morning or very-late-evening container trains, wich use the Yamanote Freight Line (wich is normally used by Saikyo and Shonan-Shinjuku Line trains) between Osaki and Ikebukuro in the brief "time window" between the end of nighttime maintainance works and the start of the morning rush-hour.

Another thing i'd like to add that wasn't mentioned in the video is the 1972 Nippori station accident, wich led to the introduction of the ATC system on the Yamanote and the Keihin-Tohoku Line. The incident happened due to fog and a signal malfunction, with a Yamanote Line 103 Series set rear-ending a Keihin-Tohoku Line* set of the same type stopped at Nippori Station at about 20Km/h (the Yamanote Line train had applied emergency brakes). Thanks to the exceptional body strenght of the 103 Series, nobody on board the two trains was hurt.

*Occasionally, due to maintainance works, Keihin-Tohoku Line trains might be occasionally re-routed on Yamanote Line tracks and vice-versa. It's still used as of today, and such was the case with the 1972 incident.

https://twitter.com/kirameki350/status/1302961365590523907?s=21
^^
for anybody who doesn’t know what the video is about. Is about V6 being towed away and heard to become the first 500 to be scrapped.
And as why is it getting scrapped is because of it being a 500 to being spare parts for the rest of the 500.
so... why am I saying this here is that. I am hoping that somebody will do a easy reskin of hirochic’s 500 kodama from the V2 logo to the V6 logo. So that V6 could be preserved within trainz

Instead it's actually good news: a 500 Series being "sacrificed" to be a spare parts donor to keep it's siblings running means that JR West is not yet planning a replacement of the 500 Series!

The average age of the 500 Series fleet is 24 years, with the oldest set being 25 and the "newest" 22, in other words, they're running out of time, and will be inevitably retired soon.
If you count that no single car of any Shinkansen train ever reached a service life of more than 30 years (a record wich is currently held by a 200 Series car built in 1982 and retired in 2012), it means that the 500 Series will be completely retired in 5-6 years' time (7-8 if we're lucky) but with set V6 being set aside as spare parts donor, it means that depsite nearing their service life, JR West hasn't completely gave up the 500 Series yet.

Also just a final question:

Does my content work fine in T:ANE or TZ19 or are there any issues? I'm also especially curious about how the DD54 looks like in TZ19 - i'd like to upgrade to it sooner or later.

Last edited:
Also just a final question:

Does my content work fine in T:ANE or TZ19 or are there any issues? I'm also especially curious about how the DD54 looks like in TZ19 - i'd like to upgrade to it sooner or later.

To answer that question I went for a ride with your DD54. Works straight out of the box in TRS2019

See also full album (22 pics): https://www.flickr.com/gp/pagroove/3sLyoJ

50503657602_0ac8c9e11f_h.jpg
[/URL]

TRS19_2020_10_19_00_14_57_625

50503501806_34aa06428f_h.jpg
[/URL]

TRS19_2020_10_19_00_15_11_860

50503501761_835a2a6ebe_h.jpg
[/URL]

TRS19_2020_10_19_00_15_21_819

50503657377_d0da1eb5b0_h.jpg
[/URL]

TRS19_2020_10_19_00_16_49_369

[URL="https://flic.kr/p/2jWPDcv"]
[IMG]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50503500551_1126abd0c8_h.jpg[/URL]

TRS19_2020_10_19_00_35_08_409

Thx

@ Dibuetmedon. I have to look on my computer. I will repackage it. Bear in mind it is a fictional metro to be driven on the future fictional Icaruco Metro :D.
Edited to add:

Original download link still works:

You (and also Alex himself) can download it here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bWD2OAEzPLzGNly6PwFlfJcbgrnnETIO/view

From the Message AlexMaria sent me:

All the necessary dependencies are either included in the original 8090/8590 Series package or are avaible on the DLS, except the pantographs, wich must be downloaded from jirctrainz.com

Also if you are still missing: <kuid:777910:1019> This is the "TS807 Bogey". It should be avaible on the DLS. is the "TS807 Bogey". It should be avaible on the DLS.

The package includes two variants: a shunt-chopper controlled one, and a VVVF-controlled one as you requested.

About the Icaruko Metro (fictional history)

In 1983 the city of Icaruco underwent a major network expansion. A lot of lines where doubled and some new lines where built. As these network modifications went faster then expected there was a shortage of trains. Icaruco metro ordered 10 6 car sets and 5 10 car sets from the Socimi Industries/ Tokyu Factory line in the form of a specially adapted Tokyo 8090. The trains where all ready for through running on main lines.

The original series where DC. But in 2003 after 20 years of service life all trains where retrofitted with a VVVF engine.
Thanks to all modifications this train is still going strong on the network

50402651751_a4a6c24fbb_h.jpg
[/URL]TRS19_2020_09_30_23_47_41_854 by pagroove, on Flickr[/IMG]

50201886833_eda793a888_c.jpg
[/URL]sketch

Note that the finished train includes blue doors. But maybe I do a reskin in future. So for now the local trains have blue doors.

The nose:

50202427831_a74b877296_c.jpg
[/URL]

Front LOCAL after VVVF mod2003
Note that the finished train does not include vvvf logo on the front but the motor sound is a vvvf.

I asked AlexMaria to inlcude Hirochi Odakyu4000 panel in this as I didn't like the color effect that the glass gives in the original version.

Have fun.

Thx Mr. Pagroove, thx Sir. Alex excellent! ☀️

Instead it's actually good news: a 500 Series being "sacrificed" to be a spare parts donor to keep it's siblings running means that JR West is not yet planning a replacement of the 500 Series!

The average age of the 500 Series fleet is 24 years, with the oldest set being 25 and the "newest" 22, in other words, they're running out of time, and will be inevitably retired soon.
If you count that no single car of any Shinkansen train ever reached a service life of more than 30 years (a record wich is currently held by a 200 Series car built in 1982 and retired in 2012), it means that the 500 Series will be completely retired in 5-6 years' time (7-8 if we're lucky) but with set V6 being set aside as spare parts donor, it means that depsite nearing their service life, JR West hasn't completely gave up the 500 Series yet.

Well yea. At the same time your sorta right. Tho still anyhow you can make the V2 logo on hirochi’s 500 Kodama to V6?

and for this post, i know that i might have introduce this station before but yea. i just wanna share it again.

introducing south east shin hayo station
a station base on hakata minami station, a station that is beside a shinkansen yard/shinknasen depot.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

and then here is a 500 series kodama preparing for the 6AM being the 1st train to depart from south east shin-hayo.

and for this post, i know that i might have introduce this station before but yea. i just wanna share it again.

introducing south east shin hayo station
a station base on hakata minami station, a station that is beside a shinkansen yard/shinknasen depot.
and then here is a 500 series kodama preparing for the 6AM being the 1st train to depart from south east shin-hayo.

Very nice. First adaption of the route.:D. Good work.

thanks, althought is there anyhow i can like, get the station whole into some sort of a file or a model. because i dont wanna rebuild this when or i get a new version of a eletricol island 0-0

by the way, when i open the doors in south east shin hayo, it looked so much better as in like the train is boarding passengers (even tho there isnt)

I seem to remember a post a while back about diagramming complex routes. There is a thread in General Trainz that mentions a site hosting a free Railway Operations Simulator. It allows you to build a map of your route, set timetables, and operate it. The program is here.

I just used it to create a little spur off a main line. It took me ten minutes. The program also runs on LINUX under Wine (which is what I normally run).

Not quite on topic, but highly useful for those with huge routes.

Bill

thanks, althought is there anyhow i can like, get the station whole into some sort of a file or a model. because i dont wanna rebuild this when or i get a new version of a eletricol island 0-0

Go in content Manager. search for the modified version of Electro Island. I think when you modify it it should be under your own name. Otherwise sorting by Installation or Modification date with the sorting set that the newest file is above. If you are sure you have found the modified version then press right click export to .cdp and store it somewhere save on the HD.

The newest versions of Electro Island will probably only be for TRS 2019 so in TANE your version should be safe. But before a new update for Electro Island it can take a while.

I seem to remember a post a while back about diagramming complex routes. There is a thread in General Trainz that mentions a site hosting a free Railway Operations Simulator. It allows you to build a map of your route, set timetables, and operate it. The program is here.

I just used it to create a little spur off a main line. It took me ten minutes. The program also runs on LINUX under Wine (which is what I normally run).

Not quite on topic, but highly useful for those with huge routes.

Bill

Nice so It is a sort of network simulator. Looks a bit like software like Bahn only the layout shown on the picture on the page looks a bit more what a professional dispatcher would see.

True. But you build the display yourself. Each little building block contains a segment of track, or a switch, or a buffer end, or a piece of track with a signal, etc. You 'glue' them together until you have a working diagram. Every angle is represented. Plus, there are blocks with platforms, buildings, overpasses, underpasses, and all types of crossings. Pretty cool software. Best of all: the source is available.

Bill

Go in content Manager. search for the modified version of Electro Island. I think when you modify it it should be under your own name. Otherwise sorting by Installation or Modification date with the sorting set that the newest file is above. If you are sure you have found the modified version then press right click export to .cdp and store it somewhere save on the HD.

The newest versions of Electro Island will probably only be for TRS 2019 so in TANE your version should be safe. But before a new update for Electro Island it can take a while.

which one is a modified version?

Back