Japan

Following on from my previous question, this is also one directed more towards the content creators; are there any online resources available that you use to create Japanese content? There are a lot of train diagrams for British content which I've used as a basis for learning how to create Trainz content, I was just wondering if there was any equivalent of that for Japanese content, like diagrams showing carriage dimensions or anything similar to that.

We could use some passenger inabled suburban/ rural small town stations as well.

Ab-so-lutely! Most of my routes are out in the sticks, usually along a coastline, but not always. Coastline stations tend to get weatherbeaten rapidly and, if the shelter is made of metal, develop rust streaks. If made of wood, they fade and have a lot of paint peeling and such. The elements will attack the concrete of the platforms, making them crack and break up--with lots of moss and "green stuff" in the cracks.

Bill

Following on from my previous question, this is also one directed more towards the content creators; are there any online resources available that you use to create Japanese content? There are a lot of train diagrams for British content which I've used as a basis for learning how to create Trainz content, I was just wondering if there was any equivalent of that for Japanese content, like diagrams showing carriage dimensions or anything similar to that.

This might be a good start. It is technical information on infrastructure, but could help.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...rning/14.pdf&usg=AOvVaw2rHX2VudJdVz1_VmA5lLfC

Bill

Requested by Andy1758, here are some new models: the Keifuku Electric Railway 611 and 2001 Serieses!

Keifuku-Electric-Railway-611-and-2001-Serieses.png

From left to right: 611 Series in the green livery, 611 Series in the purple livery and the same for the 2001 Series.

You can download it from my website here.

The 611 Series (and the nearly-identical 621 and 631 Serieses) were built in a total of 14 units between 1990 and 1996. They were intended to replace the old MoBo 111 Series, wich was built in 1929 and refurbished in 1950 and to increase capacity on the "Randen" network, as ridership was finally increasing after decades of decline.
Due to financial constraints, the 611, 621 and 631 Serieses were built using pantographs, bogeys, traction motor, driving desks,and the camshaft and resistor control from withdrawn Mobo 111 Series units, wich they were intended to replace. In other words, the only new thing on these railcars was the bodyshell, wich was based on the one of the MoBo 501 Series, but with several changes, such an entirely redesigned front with top-mounted headlights. The construction of the new units was contracted by Keifuku Electric Railway to Hanshin Railway's Mukogawa workshops.
The new 611, 621 and 631 Serieses entered service in 1990, all painted in the then-standard Randen's dark green and cream livery, and progressivley took over the most difficult runs from the increasingly tired older stock.

In 2000, coinciding with the 90th anniversary of Randen's Arashiyama Line, the Keifuku Electric Railway ordered two more cars: the 2001 Series (units 2001 and 2002). These were again built by Hanshin Railway's Mukogawa workshops, and used the exact same bodyshell as the 611, 621 and 631 Serieses built four years before, but unlike them, the new 2001 Series was completely new, even in the mechanical and electrical parts, most notably it uses an IGBT-VVVF inverter with three-phase AC motors, cardan drive (as opposed to the nose-suspended motors of the old stock) and a modern single-arm pantograph.

In 2011, coinciding with the 100th anniversary of the Arashiyama Line, many of the Keifuku Electric Railway railcars underwent a livery change: from the standard old-fashoned green-cream one to a brand new all-body "Kyoto Purple" one. Most of the fleet has been repainted, but as of today it isn't rare to find one railcar still in the old livery.
Nowdays, the 611, 621, 631 and 2001 Serieses are used seamlessly on the Keifuku Electric Railway's two lines (the main Arashiyama Line and the secondary Kitano Line) as they form the bulk of Randen fleet. They generally travel "alone", but 2-car trains aren't unheard of, especially in the morning and evening rush hours.

Trivia:

With the introduction of the 2001 Series in 2000, the Keifuku Electric Railway jumped straight from rheostat-controlled nose-suspended motors (of 1930 design, and in some cases, even construction) to cardan-drive IGBT-VVVF-controlled AC three-phase motors.

Last edited:
Icaruko metro @AlexMaria, socimi

@AlexMaria Can i download your content "icaruko metro" ? , I looked for it on your website but I couldn't find it...

guys i wanna ask.

so when i hold ctrl and right click. i will show me the details of the trains and you can open the doors on the trains like this
image0.jpg

but in shinkansens...somehow they cant do the same thing?

why?
image0.jpg

can anybody tell me how to force open the doors on shinkansens? apart from them stopping in a station for a few seconds?

guys i wanna ask.

so when i hold ctrl and right click. i will show me the details of the trains and you can open the doors on the trains like this
image0.jpg

but in shinkansens...somehow they cant do the same thing?

why?
image0.jpg

can anybody tell me how to force open the doors on shinkansens? apart from them stopping in a station for a few seconds?

On the "edit session rules" windows there should be "select rules avaible for drivers" - in the list that opens you can select various commands that will be avaible to drivers (such as "go to", "wait", "wait for trackmark" etc.) and among those you'll find the "doors control" rule. Add it to the session and you should be able to control the doors (works like any other driver command: right click on the driver's chachter face and a window menu will open - among the list there should be the "door control" entry).

On the "edit session rules" windows there should be "select rules avaible for drivers" - in the list that opens you can select various commands that will be avaible to drivers (such as "go to", "wait", "wait for trackmark" etc.) and among those you'll find the "doors control" rule. Add it to the session and you should be able to control the doors (works like any other driver command: right click on the driver's chachter face and a window menu will open - among the list there should be the "door control" entry).

so I tried that. I went to “edit session” then go to the rules. Tried to find the “door control” but nowhere to be found. I even check the “driver setup” and “driver command” and see does it have it. But still nothing.

Hey @AlexMaria since the Chuo Line Rapid is getting First Class green cars, I was woundering if you can make a reskin of it
chuoline_20150204.jpg
01_l.jpg

so I tried that. I went to “edit session” then go to the rules. Tried to find the “door control” but nowhere to be found. I even check the “driver setup” and “driver command” and see does it have it. But still nothing.

The rule is called "passenger door control" I believe and it isn't by default in Trainz. But you can download it from the download station :D.

Found this very interesting video. Really worth your time if you have travelled on Tokyo's Yamanote line or planning to do so at the future. Had to share. :D .

That was pretty imformative!! I didn't know it was once built in the ocean. The line's history reminded me of the Chicago Loop and how 4 independant railroads came together to form one system.

Back