Japan

My guess would be that we are using different versions of Trainz so some of the assets that are readily available to you aren't readily available to other people?

My guess would be that we are using different versions of Trainz so some of the assets that are readily available to you aren't readily available to other people?

Probably...

Hold on.

Aha!

I keep forgetting that on my trainz 2012 i also have installed all of the older content from Trainz 2009 and 2006 (i literally packaged all the assets into a single huge .cdp and then installed it on TS12): default assets from both TS2009 and TS2006 show as "default-installed" also on TS12, so i tend to forget wich is a "real" default TS12 and wich is not, such as Modula City NF10 tram (from wich i used a few dependencies, such as the enginesound).

Ah, well... I'll pay more attention from now on...

Last edited:
Hi AlexMaria. I am also missing dependencies for this:
<kuid:668654:101303> JRC JR West 201 Series - Tokaido Line (refurbished cars) - 7-car set
I have downloaded all the dependency files on the 415 series page, and the ones you have mentioned above, but am still missing these. Is there some place I could obtain them?:

<kuid:668654:101327>
<kuid:668654:101328>
<kuid:668654:101329>
<kuid:668654:101330>

Thanks for any help!

Hi AlexMaria. I am also missing dependencies for this:
<kuid:668654:101303> JRC JR West 201 Series - Tokaido Line (refurbished cars) - 7-car set
I have downloaded all the dependency files on the 415 series page, and the ones you have mentioned above, but am still missing these. Is there some place I could obtain them?:

<kuid:668654:101327>
<kuid:668654:101328>
<kuid:668654:101329>
<kuid:668654:101330>

Thanks for any help!

Ah, it seems that i made a mistake when packaging the stuff. I've re-made the package, you can download it here (i'll also change the one on my website).

Apologies.

Hi All
Some more Japanese Reskinned Stations suitable for suburban/country areas - uploaded content listed below has been approved and will be available for download within 24 hours.

JPN 4 Track 2 platform Station V2 <KUID:369756:103504>
JPN 1 track/platform Station <KUID:369756:103476>
JPN 2 Track/platform Station <KUID:369756:103478>
JPN 4 Track 2 platform Station V1 <KUID:369756:103479>
JPN 4 Track/platform Station <KUID:369756:103477>

Yeah it's easily done. One of the annoying things has been that all the built-in content from previous games isn't transferable, especially the payware.

[FONT=&quot]I have today uploaded my new route Tokyo Model Trainz to the DLS.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Without the following great Japanese content creators this route would never have been build.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

• Hirochi
  • Keimei
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dōmo arigatōgozaima****a[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Also a great thanks to [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

• Euromodeller
  • Janathan
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Enjoy.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Screenshot-2020-09-06-at-04-00-30.png

I have today uploaded my new route Tokyo Model Trainz to the DLS.

Without the following great Japanese content creators this route would never have been build.

• Hirochi
  • Keimei

Dōmo arigatōgozaima****a

Also a great thanks to

• Euromodeller
  • Janathan

Enjoy.

(picture removed for convenience)

What a great layout! Very beautiful :D

(unfortunately the word "どうもありがとうございました" for saying "thank you!" in Japanese language would have some letters automatically censored by the built-in dirty words filtering system if it was written in romaji form a.k.a alphabet letters, as it was accidentally contains one of the common dirty words in English...)

I have today uploaded my new route Tokyo Model Trainz to the DLS.

Without the following great Japanese content creators this route would never have been build.

• Hirochi
  • Keimei

Dōmo arigatōgozaima****a

Also a great thanks to

• Euromodeller
  • Janathan

Enjoy.

Looks very nice .Will download it soon :).

i would like to ask if someone were to reskin a shikoku 2000N
into a reskin of a 2000GT (gas turbine drive) that was from densha de d?

so i can recrate the shikoku sets that was originally in that game?

Ooooooohhhh... that's nice!

Where did you find it? I have the Japanese version, but i never tought a translated version existed!

Indeed it will be extremely useful!

I was looking for pictures or specifications for Japanese switch stands. I've been watching lots of YouTube train ride videos and kept seeing odd-looking switch stands. I wasn't aware that in the rural areas that the use of spring switches was so extensive. On one line, the Kyushu Nichinan Line, every station had them on this mostly single-track line. When the line splits on station approach, there is a switch marked with a slashed "S" (which I took for 'spring' but am probably wrong). In any case, when the train leaves the station and rejoins the main, the switch is always set against the train, yet the driver never slows. It has to be a spring switch. I guess it's more economical to use them instead of having to switch back and forth to guide the train to the proper side of the center-track platform.

I'm experimenting with methods to create a switch that looks like a spring switch and doesn't require any operator to change it's aspect. At the moment, I'm using an invisible switch lever and looking for a static (not attached to the track) stand to simulate the switch flag.

I also didn't realize they used a lot of what I call "runaway train traps." These are simple switches marked with a variety of flags (such as "X") that run for perhaps a car length, then end in a dirt mound over the rails. There is NO track-end barrier. I have screen shot pictures.

Bill

i would like to ask if someone were to reskin a shikoku 2000N
into a reskin of a 2000GT (gas turbine drive) that was from densha de d?

so i can recrate the shikoku sets that was originally in that game?

I'll see what i can do... Altough usable reference images for the 2000GT seems to be quite few...

I was looking for pictures or specifications for Japanese switch stands. I've been watching lots of YouTube train ride videos and kept seeing odd-looking switch stands. I wasn't aware that in the rural areas that the use of spring switches was so extensive. On one line, the Kyushu Nichinan Line, every station had them on this mostly single-track line. When the line splits on station approach, there is a switch marked with a slashed "S" (which I took for 'spring' but am probably wrong). In any case, when the train leaves the station and rejoins the main, the switch is always set against the train, yet the driver never slows. It has to be a spring switch. I guess it's more economical to use them instead of having to switch back and forth to guide the train to the proper side of the center-track platform.

I'm experimenting with methods to create a switch that looks like a spring switch and doesn't require any operator to change it's aspect. At the moment, I'm using an invisible switch lever and looking for a static (not attached to the track) stand to simulate the switch flag.

I also didn't realize they used a lot of what I call "runaway train traps." These are simple switches marked with a variety of flags (such as "X") that run for perhaps a car length, then end in a dirt mound over the rails. There is NO track-end barrier. I have screen shot pictures.

Bill

Indeed, rural railways in Japan make a very extensive use of spring loaded switches. In fact, most passing loops on rural lines are actually two spring-loaded switches, both set to a left diverge.
Not only it's more economical - it makes also signalling and operations easier (each track of the passing loop has trains going in one direction only, meaning you only need two starting signals instead of four), and they're also less of an hassle for the signaller.

About the "trap switches" (or catch points, or as they call them in Japan, "安全側線" - "saftey diverging lines"), i didn't see any of those marked with a flag. Most of the time they're absolutely unmarked. The black-and-white "X"-shaped sign is the standard Japanese railway sign for "dead end track".

DO you know if the spring switch has some sort of a sensor that holds the switch back so the entire train can pass through without each flange banging it open one at a time? Seems it would be rather noisy otherwise.

These are the some of the trap switches I found:

1a.png
1b.png

1c.png
1d.png

Should be fairly easy to replicate. No X-shaped signs, though. In the top two shots, that would be quite a drop if the car(s) didn't stop fast enough.

Bill

Last edited:
Back