Japan

Ok butler57. I've got the station repaints and the orignal station. Pretty cool. just wished they were passenger enabled, but I can use the invisible stations to compensate for now. Are there any other Kato buildings around like say thier container station or large passenger station?

New Line's new city stop using one of the Kato Stations.
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

I've been working a while on a short (fictional) route on Hokkaido. It will be a winter route, and I have not been able to locate any snowsheds like those shown in the pictures. Does anyone know where I might find some? They can span 1, 2, 3, or 4 tracks. In actuality, they look a lot like the Quonset Huts of WW2. Lengths can var from as short as 50M up to as long as 100M (in all widths). Some have windows along the side, some don't.

japanese_snowsheds1.jpg

japanese_snowsheds2.jpg

Thanks,

Bill

Some more reskinned Japan Railway Stations for your enjoyment:
<kuid:369756:103473> JPN 'Chūō Shinkansen' Maglev Station Fictive
<kuid:369756:103474> JPN Brick_stone Station V1
<kuid:369756:103487> JPN Brick_stone Station V2
<kuid:369756:103486> JPN Brick_stone Station V3
<kuid:369756:103475> JPN Multi Level Station V1
<kuid:369756:103484> JPN Multi Level Station V2
<kuid:369756:103485> JPN Multi Level Station V3

I've been working a while on a short (fictional) route on Hokkaido. It will be a winter route, and I have not been able to locate any snowsheds like those shown in the pictures. Does anyone know where I might find some? They can span 1, 2, 3, or 4 tracks. In actuality, they look a lot like the Quonset Huts of WW2. Lengths can var from as short as 50M up to as long as 100M (in all widths). Some have windows along the side, some don't.

(pic removed for convenience)

Thanks,

Bill

Aahh, it would be nice if someone here creates the snowshed in Trainz (surely we could protect ourselves from harsh winter of Hokkaido, even in Trainz :hehe: ).

3 simple tunnel/track assets for a Japan Snow shed Quonset Tunnel On DLS in 24 hrs:

<kuid:369756:103490> JPN Snowshed 2trk(1067mm) Quonset Tunnel Spline V1 - No Snow
<kuid:369756:103493> JPN Snowshed 2trk(1067mm) Quonset Tunnel Spline V2 - Snow & grime
<kuid:369756:103494> JPN Snowshed 2trk(1067mm) Quonset Tunnel Spline V3 - Light snow

Pic on Trainz Gallery

http://www.trainzportal.com/mytrainz/view_media_post?media_post_id=190741

Have fun in the snow.

Last edited:
@ butler57 tank you for all the good work :).
@ Hiballer. Nice! Looking forward to it.

And everyone else nice pics.

As for me (building mode ;))

3 simple tunnel/track assets for a Japan Snow shed Quonset Tunnel On DLS in 24 hrs:

<kuid:369756:103490> JPN Snowshed 2trk(1067mm) Quonset Tunnel Spline V1 - No Snow
<kuid:369756:103493> JPN Snowshed 2trk(1067mm) Quonset Tunnel Spline V2 - Snow & grime
<kuid:369756:103494> JPN Snowshed 2trk(1067mm) Quonset Tunnel Spline V3 - Light snow

Very cool. Thanks much for the assets.

Bill

Hi all, i'm back with a new train, and this time it's a first: my first DMU - the Ibara Railway IRT355 Series!

ibarairt355-1024x616.png

Download here or from my website - All the necessary dependencies are included in this package or are avaible on the DLS

The IRT355 series was introduced in 1998, ahead of the long-awaited opening of the Ibara Line. Manufactured by Niigata Transys, they are part of the manufacturer’s “NDC” (“Niigata Diesel Car”) family, and were primarily based on JR West’s KiHa 120 (themselves too NDC-type railcars manufactured by Niigata).

They were a slightly longer (18m vs 16.3m) and vastly improved version of the latter; most notably, they ditched the bus-style folding doors for more conventional sliding doors.
Their stainless steel bodyshell was based on the -0 and -300 subseries of the KiHa 120 Series (the -200 subseries had convetional alluminium bodies), and they were all fitted with air-conditioning at the factory.
Depsite all the differences, the IRT355s still retained the KiHa 120’s engine: a 6-cylinder, 11040cc, SA6D125H-1 type engine manufactured by Komatsu with a torque converter and automatic gear change, wich allowed for a reasonably fast top speed of 95Km/h.

The whole fleet of 12 IRT355 units was manufactured and delivered in 1998, with all trains entering service one year later, in 1999, when the Ibara Line finally opened.
Another unit, IRT355-201,was added to the fleet in 2005, nicknamed “Yume Yasuragi”, this is a specially decorated unit (with a reddish-brown livery designed by famous industrial designer Eiji Mitooka) for special events and tourist trains.

In 2013, unit IRT355-07 was withdrawn from service and two years later, in 2015, it was donated to the Myanmar Railways as part of the JICA (“Japan International Cooperation Agency”, the japanese governement body for assistance to overseas countries) efforts in the reconstruction of the Myanmar railway network.
It was reclassified as “RBE3034” (with “RBE” meaning “Rail (car with) Bus Engine”), and re-entered service in 2017 as a “deluxe” (because of the air-conditioning) train for rapid and express services.

Trivia:
“IRT” means “Ibara Railway Train”, and “355” is the motor output in CV (metric horsepower).

Bonus Link:
IRT355-07 undergoing conversion at the Myanmar Railways Insein Workshop, from 2427junction.com

Now, after quite a lot of EMUs, prepare to be flooded by DMUs! I'm already planning to make next JR West's KiHa 120 and the NDC-family derivatives for the third sector railways, the Asa Kaigan Railway ASA-300 and Tosa Kuroshio Railway TKT-8000 Serieses and a metric ton of reskins of Keimei's KiHas!

Last edited:
@ Railshuttle. Where did you get the red Ferris wheel? Looks like the HEP5.

It is the HEP5. IT was part of the Japan building megapack that was released I think, by Matura a while back. It's the second of two building with the Feris wheel attached to the second building. The buildings themselves work like the cityscape buildings. Some are highly detailed and others can be used for background.

AlexMaria: bring on the DMUs!!
Butler57: none of your repainted stations are showing up in my game. I got the original KAto station installed (as shown in my last pictures), but the repaints don't work and only show up in red in my objects menu same with the brick stations and the multilevel stations. Do they work for trainz 12 or were they for trainz19?

@AlexMaria

I am downloading the content from your site and appear to have encountered an error in KUIDs. When downloading your 415 Series from the JR East section, one of the dependencies for the consist is

<kuid:668654:101339> which to me comes up as JPN - JR West - 201 Series (Tōkaidō Line - 7-Car Set Refurbished) **renamed for my own purposes**

I got around the problem by deleting the 201 consist and saving it under my KUID but I'm not overly sure what's happened?

Am I the only one who's had this error?

-------------------

Also

<kuid:223519:1356>
<kuid:69953:560794>

Are missing from your trams and no longer available on the DLS

<kuid:69953:57002> NF10 Horn

is also not on the DLS but is available via Trainzkuidindex or Trainzland.ru

Although these three are third party

----------------------

Under your own KUID I am missing

<kuid:668654:101621> from the 115 fuchiyama
<kuid:668654:101466> from the 115 hiroshima
<kuid:668654:100052> from the 7001 Hanshin

Last edited:
@AlexMaria

I am downloading the content from your site and appear to have encountered an error in KUIDs. When downloading your 415 Series from the JR East section, one of the dependencies for the consist is

<kuid:668654:101339> which to me comes up as JPN - JR West - 201 Series (Tōkaidō Line - 7-Car Set Refurbished) **renamed for my own purposes**

I got around the problem by deleting the 201 consist and saving it under my KUID but I'm not overly sure what's happened?

Am I the only one who's had this error?

-------------------

Also

<kuid:223519:1356>
<kuid:69953:560794>

Are missing from your trams and no longer available on the DLS

<kuid:69953:57002> NF10 Horn

is also not on the DLS but is available via Trainzkuidindex or Trainzland.ru

Although these three are third party

----------------------

Under your own KUID I am missing

<kuid:668654:101621> from the 115 fuchiyama
<kuid:668654:101466> from the 115 hiroshima
<kuid:668654:100052> from the 7001 Hanshin

Here's a .rar with all the missing dependencies. I'll update the download pages on my website too.

Regarding <kuid:668654:101339>, to me it shows correctly as the "JR East 415 Series [M]", while the "JRC JR West 201 Series - Tokaido Line (refurbished cars) - 7-car set" consist shows up as "<kuid:668654:101303>" instead.

"JR West - 201 Series (Tōkaidō Line - 7-Car Set Refurbished)" is a consist from the old 201/205/209-500/E231 pack. Check if you still have installed the older stuff.

Anyway, as a suggestion, when in doubt with my content, overwrite kuids.

Last edited:
Hi Railshuttle

Butler57: none of your repainted stations are showing up in my game. I got the original KAto station installed (as shown in my last pictures) said:
The stations are all at build 3.5 - they work fine in TRS19 - so should work in lower builds.

AlexMaria: bring on the DMUs!!

I'll sure do!

In fact, work on the KiHa 120 is progressing surpisingly very smoothly: here are, already completed, all the eight variants of the KiHa 120-0/-300 with stainless steel bodies. Now work starts on the -200 subseries with alluminium bodies!

Ki-Ha-120-0-e-300.png

Speaking of smooth work, here's another "first" - my first Japanese tram: the Kumamoto City Transportation Bureau 9700 Series!

kumamototram-1024x533.png

I actually wanted to do this reskin for quite a long time, but i couldn't find the original model (the Berlin BVG GT6N Class), until very recently, when i stumbled across this off-the-radar german website wich had it avaible for download!
Needless to say, as soon as i found it, i downloaded it and started reskinning right away.

It's avaible here or at my website. All the dependencies should be included in the package, except the interior, wich must be downloaded here (it's included in the ADtranz Variotram pack).
As Prince271088 noted above, there might be some missing dependencies. If that's the case, download this too (V2).

~ ~ ~

Thanks to a modernization program, by the late 1980s, the Kumamoto tramway was no longer in danger of closing, thus the Kumamoto City Transportation Bureau started to look at ways to improve the tramway service overall.
Unlike their western european counterparts, wich adopted various semi- or fully-low floor trams starting from the late 1970s, Japanese tramways (like eastern european ones) still remained loyal to the proven and simple, but uncomfortable high-floor design, wich, with it’s steep steps, was quite an inconvenience, especially for elderly passengers, wich were a conspicuous part of the tramway’s ridership.
Thus, in 1994, the Kumamoto City Transportation Bureau placed an order for low-floor trams, but as domestic Japanese manufacturers were inexperienced in this field, they had to import low-floor tramway technology from abroad.

One of the few manufacturers to answer to the tender was Niigata Transys, wich had acquired the production licenses for the GTx-type tram from the german ADtranz.
The GTx was world’s first fully-low-floor tram, and was introduced in 1990 in various german cities, starting with Bremen (from wich the tram got the nickname of “Bremen-type”) Frankfurt, then Zwickau, Jena, Munich and Berlin in 1992, wich placed an order for 120 GT6N-type trams to replace all the remaining Gotha-made ones from the 1950s and early 1960s.
At the time, many other german cities were placing orders or already recieving GTx trams, wich had already proved to be a very successful design.

With this premise, Niigata Transys was assigned the contract, and in 1995 the company finalized the technology transfer agreements with ADtranz.
The new Kumamoto City trams were to be a 2-unit, 4-axle type (designated GT4N by ADtranz) bi-directional tram with doors on both sides (most european trams, especially older types, are single-ended and have doors only on one side), with a few adaptments to fit Japanese road regulations. Notably, the maximium speed was lowered from 70Km/h to 40Km/h.
Production of the new trams started in 1996, with ADtranz manufacturing the bogeys and most electrical components (such as the pantorgaph), and Niigata Transys made the bodyshells with assistance from ADtranz engineers. Finally, the air conditioning system was supplied by Mitsubishi Electric.
In 1997, the first completed low-floor tram was delivered to the Kumamoto City Transportation Bureau,after a mandatory cycle of test runs, entered service on the 1st of August, classified as the “9700 Series”. One year later, it was awarded the “Laurel Prize”.

Two more 9700 Series trams were introduced in 1999, these had an all-over white livery, contrary to the white and blue livery of the 9701 unit. A further two units (9703 and 9704, both in the all-over white livery) entered service in 2001.
As part of a national traffic saftey campaign, in 2003, unit 9704 was painted in a black and white livery resembling Japanese police cars (complete with red lightbars imitations), and entered service with the “Patrol-tram” nickname.
In 2012, unit 9701 suffered a serious failure, and was stored at the tramway depot, awaiting repairs. It was refurbished and re-entered service on the 1st of October 2019.

As of today, all of the four 9700 Series trams are in operation, having paved the way for the introduction of numerous other tram types based on the GTx design, built entirely domestically by Niigata Transys, such as the Toyama Light Rail TLR0600 Series and other similar 2-car units for the Man’yosen in Takaoka and for the Okayama and the Kumamoto tramway, where the domestically-built 0800 Series, introduced in 2009, runs alongside it’s foreign-designed predecessor, the 9700 Series.

Last edited:
Hi Alex,

Thanks for doing these. The only thing still missing seems to be the pantograph for the tram <kuid:223519:1137>

Everything else was sorted with the .rar files as far as I can tell.

Ben

Hi Alex,

Thanks for doing these. The only thing still missing seems to be the pantograph for the tram <kuid:223519:1137>

Everything else was sorted with the .rar files as far as I can tell.

Ben

I've added it to the "missing dependencies rar" (you can download it from the previous post, from the website page or from here)

I really don't know why there are all these missing dependencies... I didn't have any issue with the original model...

Back