Japan

Pagroov: cool!! I could always use more buildings especially on the Japanese portions of the layout.
Looking at the SIRL pic you posted, I'm guessing that's north of the South Union Bullet train station. I never got around to redoing the Quad City Line Commuter nor the Western freight carrier ICG (The tracks under the bridge in the forground.) It will be interesting to see what you do with that when you get the chance.

Ok, now that were talking about Shinkansens, i wanna know something
I know that Hirochi's Shinkansens tunnels work to have a smooth curve, that is B (i dont remember, i havent touched Trainz in a while)
But is there a way to make the A Tunnel Curve? Cause i wanna make a Smooth curve not a Zig-Zag kindof curve.
Great shots all, This is motivating me to get into trainz again. ;)

The trick with the tunnels and shinkansen tracks is to use at least points as possible. Also on the exit of the tunnels use a piece of standalone Shinkansen track and make it straight with the B key. Then connect it with the Shinkansen bridge. For examples look how I done it in Surveyor on the Colden Shinkansen of Electro Island.

KEIO5000

keio5000.jpg

Hi Guys.

I wonder why nobody in this tread is publishing their Japanese routes?

Except for Pagroove there has not been any free routes published on DLS for years!!

/morten

JAGG is right not everyone does routes for release on DLS.
I have about 6 Japanese module routes and 3 large routes that I have worked on for about 10 years -there is so much 3rd party stuff on these that should I release them to DLS people would be searching for 100s+ assets that are unavailable as I may have changed them or folks that released them on private site no longer exist.

Best solution is build your own route while waiting for someone to release one to DLS (maybe a long wait).

Then I have a surprise :) I release Electro Island 5 for Trainz 2019 Platinum this week. Reason it took so long is that I had to eliminate ECML payware items from the route as this route is not included. But now is runs fune. Sadly my route still uses payware items. I am afraid that it will be very difficult to eliminate those too from the route.

So in order to run EI 5 for Trs 2019 Patinium you have to have the following routes already preinstalled. (those are routes that come with Platinium)

those are:
- Kickstarter country 2 (already automatically activated)
- Content Samples
- Serbino Lake

But I believe then it wil run. I tested it with my father who had a clean install of Trs2019 on his computer.

I’il keep you updated when it is up.

Last edited:
JAGG is right not everyone does routes for release on DLS.
I have about 6 Japanese module routes and 3 large routes that I have worked on for about 10 years -there is so much 3rd party stuff on these that should I release them to DLS people would be searching for 100s+ assets that are unavailable as I may have changed them or folks that released them on private site no longer exist.

Best solution is build your own route while waiting for someone to release one to DLS (maybe a long wait).

100% agree. This is the true difficulty and the problem of Trainz with building.

Then I have a surprise :) I release Electro Island 5 for Trainz 2019 Platinum this week. Reason it took so long is that I had to eliminate ECML payware items from the route as this route is not included. But now is runs fune. Sadly my route still uses payware items. I am afraid that it will be very difficult to eliminate those too from the route.

So I know that yea sure uploading one of your newest editions to your latest trainz, but what about others that doesn't have trainz 2019? How are they be able to enjoy your route?

All I have is TANE SP4 and trainz 2019 for my laptop it simply just cant handle it cuz with the results of tane sp4 as well it lags A LOT.

Thank you friends for your responses to the lack of Japanese routes on DLS.
My plan is to upload my latest project Tokyu - Model Trainz within the next couple of weeks (I hope):).
Take care.
/morten

So I know that yea sure uploading one of your newest editions to your latest trainz, but what about others that doesn't have trainz 2019? How are they be able to enjoy your route?

All I have is TANE SP4 and trainz 2019 for my laptop it simply just cant handle it cuz with the results of tane sp4 as well it lags A LOT.

Once route creator decides to use editor of the newest Trainz version with all its additonal features and improvements to continue building up his route, there is no way back, either for him himself or for the players.

There are older versions on the DLS for Trainz 2009, TRS12 and TANE SP2 and SP3 which will work perfectly on those versions. Plus they are open for edit so you can clone the route if you see any error . Or even make your own version of it that runs better on your laptop. Permission is in the license.

But this version :

This new version is a new version to take advantage of the new graphic engine of TRS 2019. The network itself is not that much different from the old versions except draw distance is maxed out and there is some more eyecandy. The rest of the network is unchanged.

Just uploaded the new version and will open a support and general thread about it when it is up at the DLS.

It is only for TRS2019 Platinium and up so sorry for that but this will be a futureproof version. I will still build the Icarus Shinkansen also for TANE but at minumum SP3 spec.
But Electro Island is now going TRS2019 and higher.

Edited to add: Opening screen:

50112168077_82f5305cd9_h.jpg
[/URL]EE5 opening screen by pagroove, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:
Hello,

My new route and sessions are available under the following titles and kuid numbers:

NameKuidKindDescription
Electro Island. Version 5 for Trainz 2019 Platinium338927:100392RouteThe main route. Read instructions
Electro Island. Version 5 for Trainz 2019 Platinium - Default338927:100429Default sessionDefault session
Colden Shinkansen N700-8000 10.00 o clock Northbound Sakura TRS2338927:100434sessionInteractive session
Electro Island Toshin Blue Line Medium Diagram338927:100181sessionInteractive session
IT Frecciarossa TGV AC tour338927:100114sessionAuto-Session
Japanese Station Sound 1338927:100114Sound asset

Also as promised the 'lost' Kuro HauptBahnhof (KHB) content for which I got permission from Kurotrick to re-share:

Warning: They only work on TANE SP3 and higher

This is due that I didn't have the freight loco's installed on my TS12 or my TS2 Mac install. So Sorry for that but you cannot downversion content that you extract to .cdp from your sim.

I packed theEH800 Railfreight and the EF210 freight loco's along with some of my own consists in one big package:

The package itself dependencies (built ins and DLS content excluded)

The package itself

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1N2NuwQWDXzungXjl2oxt-EjdJu5mlHhW/view?usp=sharing

dependencies (built ins and DLS content excluded)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KZUzW1VSOsGhNSUol-ZDqFBSH0S4wDqs/view?usp=sharing

EH800 pic:

EF210

Last edited:
Hello,

Afraid to say that 338927:100181 Electro Island Toshin Blue Line Medium Diagram (a session) contains a faulty item. When deleting that the session should work.

Can anybody test that for me?

Thanks in advance

The route itself will work.
As will the Shinkansen session

Last edited:
Back