Japan

It is fantastic. Also the Rizky indicators are working fantastic. Are they difficult to set up?

The setup is quite simple (as in my case with TS12).
You simply have to place it on the track like a general trackside object, and i just made a height adjustment on the platform canopies to make sure that the fitting of the display is "attached" nicely to the canopy support beams.

I personally think that this object will pave the way to a full-fledged PIDS system that JR East has on their stations such as these below.

jre_nasushiobara.jpg

jesb.jpg

bb9c89306747720bc11bf794cb2056f7.jpg

And this one will be cool even if it's static, (I recall that someone made this but was not as a stand-alone object), if there were standalone objects like this with a permission to retexture them (for private use), i would be glad & very grateful to retexture them to meet the needs of my routes.

large-5da57703a6414.jpg

Images are copyright of their respective owners.

The setup is quite simple (as in my case with TS12).
You simply have to place it on the track like a general trackside object, and i just made a height adjustment on the platform canopies to make sure that the fitting of the display is "attached" nicely to the canopy support beams.

I personally think that this object will pave the way to a full-fledged PIDS system that JR East has on their stations such as these below.

And this one will be cool even if it's static, (I recall that someone made this but was not as a stand-alone object), if there were standalone objects like this with a permission to retexture them (for private use), i would be glad & very grateful to retexture them to meet the needs of my routes.

Images are copyright of their respective owners.

That would be very cool although I don't have the time to fiddle with those now if I ever want to finish my mega routes :hehe:. But they are very welcome.

Also about the 200 Series, does anybody know which car the restaurant car and Green car is located on the refurbished?

And does anybody know how to make a box on Sketchup?

Last edited:
Finally, here's the Tokyu 1000 Series pack:

tkk.png

From left to right: Tokyu 1000 Series (standard livery, 8-car set), Tokyu 1000-1500 Series, revival colors sets No.17 (blue-yellow) and No.13 (green), Fukushima Kotsu 1000 Series,
Ueda Electric Railway 1000 Series ("Marumado" revival and standard liveries), Ueda Electric Railway 6000 Series, Ichibata Railway 1000 Series.

Here's the list of the consists avaible:

1991-2013 - Toyoko Line - 8-car set
1991-2013 - Toyoko Line - 4+4-car set
1991 Only - Mekama Line - 4-car set
1991-Today - Ikegami and Tamagawa Lines - 3-car set
2014-Today - Ikegami and Tamagawa Lines 1000-1500 Series - 3-car set
2016-Today - Ikegami and Tamagawa Lines 1000 Series Set No.17 - 3-car set
2019-Today - Ikegami and Tamagawa Lines 1000 Series Set No.13 - 3-car set

2008-Today - Ueda Electric Railway 1000 Series - 2-car set
20XX-Today - Ueda Electric Railway 1000 Series Set No.4 - 2-car set
2015-Today - Ueda Electric Railway 6000 Series - 2-car set

2014-Today - Ichibata Electric Railway 1000 Series - 2-car set

2017-Today - Fukushima Kotsu 1000 Series - 2-car set (with or without headmark)
2017-Today - Fukushima Kotsu 1000 Series - 3-car set (with or without headmark)

Upgrading the Hibiya Line fleet (and minor lines too).

By the mid-80s, while Tokyu railway's two mainlines (the Toyoko and Denentoshi lines) had relatively modern rolling stock, the roster for Hibiya Line trough-services wasn't really changed since the early '60, when trough-services first began. This reflected the situation on the Hibiya Line as a whole, with TRTA and Tobu still running 3000 and 2000 Series train respectively, togheter with Tokyu's 7000 Series, all of wich were designs of the early 1960s.

Therefore, in 1988, each of the three companies put foward it's own design to replace it's own part of the Hibiya Line fleet. TRTA was the first with it's 03 Series (based on the earlier 01 and 05 Series of the Ginza and Tozai Lines) wich entered service in the same year, followed by the 20000 Series of Tobu railway shortly after, and finally Tokyu, with it's 1000 Series.

A cheaped-out train... with a surprise up it's sleeve.

To contain costs (and time), the 1000 Series was very closely based on the 20m-long 9000 Series for the Toyoko and Oimachi lines introduced in 1986: it was essentially a shortened-to-18m-with-three-doors-instead-of-four version of the former.

Depsite all the cost-cutting and "cheaping out" mesaures, Tokyu's 1000 Series had an advantage over the two other Hibiya Line "new trains": while designed in the same year the TRTA 3000s and Tobu 20000s were equipped with a chopper traction control, wich was up-to-date in the 1980s, but was about to be made obsolete by the brand-new inverter traction control, wich was already in use on Tokyu's 9000 Series and was therefore inherited by the 1000 Series.
Of the GTO-VVVF type and manufactured by Tokyo Denki, it's distinctive "screaming" sound is a fetaure of the 1000 Series.

The first 1000 Series trains entered service in 1991, formed as 8-car sets and used both on inter-running or above-ground only duties on the Toyoko Line. Some sets were also formed as 4+4 car ones, with the two central KuHa cars being of the symmetrical walk-trough type (rather than the 1000's asymmetrical cab), this was made so in case of necessity, an 8-car set could be temporarily split and transferred to other lines.
Depsite it's main purpose being that of an inter-running train, a few 1000 Series trains formed in 3-car sets were also introduced on the Ikegami line in 1993, to replace the 3000 Series and it's variants of pre-war design, but this mesaure was relatively costly, so Tokyu choose to refurbish and convert to inverter control some of the displaced 7000 Series trains. Re-named "7700 Series", they entered service in 1987, replacing all of the pre-1960s stock by the mid-1990s.
One 4-car set (altough not part of the 4+4 sets) was also used provisionally on the Mekama Line* in 1991.

Replacing the 7000s.

In 2013 Tokyu abandoned inter-running services on the Hibiya Line in favour of the newly opened Fukutoshin Line. This resulted in a massive surplus of 1000 Series cars, of wich many were reformed into 3-car sets and transferred to the Ikegami and Tamagawa lines to replace the 7700 Series and the 7200 Series, wich were completely retired by 2018 and 2016 respectively.
Many of the former inter-running cars were refurbished starting from 2014: re-numbered "1000-1500 Series", their main modifications were the replacement of the inverter with an IGBT-VVVF type and the livery change from Tokyu's distinctive red to a dark green, similar to the one in use by the New 7000 Series train (wich ran on the same Ikegami and Tamagawa Lines).

In 2016, 1000 Series set No.17 was repainted into a blue-yellow revival livery, similar to the one carried by 3450 Series trains in the 1980s. Similarily, in November 2019, Set No.17 (wich uses walk-trough type KuHa cars) was repainted in an all-over green revival livery, also carried by 3450 Series trains. Both sets still operate with the two revival liveries as of today.

A bargain!

Depsite the replacement of the 7700s and of the 7200s, many of cars the 1000 Series were still surplus, so they ended up on the second-hand market.
With most third-sector railways' loading gauge not allowing 20m-long cars (and the scarcity of 18m cars), the sudden arrival of an almost brand new (some cars were less than 10 years old!) and relatively up-to-date meant that 1000 Series cars sold as fast as ice creams in an hot summer.
The fact that Tokyu also owned the factory where these trains were made (wich meant they could be adapted to the buyer's request at little to no cost) was also a key part in the 1000 Series' success on the second-hand market.

Replacing the 7000s (Again).

The first buyer of the 1000 Series was Ueda Electric Railway (a subsidiary of Tokyu itself), wich bought four 2-car sets converted from KuHa cars in 2008. Re-numbered (not really) as the "1000 Series", they entered service in the same year, keeping Tokyu's red livery. Set No.4 was later repainted into a blue-white revival livery carried by older "Marumado" ("Circle Windows") MoHa 5250 Series trains (wich, by the way, are avaible for trainz: keimei made them a while ago).
In 2015, Ueda Electric Railway bought another 2-car set (the "6000 Series") wich was converted from MoHa intermediate cars. Both the 1000 and the 6000 Series were used to replace the older 7200 Series trains (also second-hand from Tokyu), wich were completely retired by 2018. As a "side effect" of this, Ueda Electric Railway now is one of the very few (if not the only) rural railway with an all inverter-controlled fleet.

In 2009, the Iga Railway also bought five 2-car sets, renamed "200 Series", they entered service in the same year.
I'm sorry i couldn't make these ones, but their "Ninja" livery (Mie prefecture, where the railway is located is famous for it's Ninja tradition) is too complex. As soon as i'll found adequate reference images (for the sides) i'll make them.

On the shores of Lake Shinji.

The Ichibata Electric Railway bought two 2-car sets converted from MoHa cars in 2014. Re-named the "1000 Series" and repainted into a full-orange (with a white line) livery, they entered service in the same year on the railway's two lines, replacing a pair of 3000 Series sets (former Nankai 21000 Series trains of 1958 vintage).

Replacing the 7000s (AGAIN).

The last company to buy second-hand 1000 Series cars was Fukushima Kotsu (it's mainly a bus company but it also operates the iizaka railway line in Fukushima city), wich acquired four 2-car sets and two 3-car sets in 2016 (all of them were converted from MoHa intermediate cars). Re-numbered (you guessed it) "1000 Series", they entered service in 2017 to replace the 7000 Series (an ex-Tokyu 7000 Series too), with all 7000s being retired in 2019 (except one set being kept as spare or for events).

DOWNLOAD
https://drive.google.com/open?id=115hOzLmbDhPK_uNfgBFHTK5_6YDoleOT

All the dependencies are included in the package or are avaible on the DLS, except for the pantorgraphs, wich must be downloaded from Rizky's website (jirctrainz.com). They're included in the freeware EMU packs (such as the 201-205 Series one)

*The Mekama Line was split into the Meguro and Tamagawa Lines when inter-running services with the Namboku and Toei Mita lines began in 2000.

Last edited:
Finally, here's the Tokyu 1000 Series pack:

From left to right: Tokyu 1000 Series (standard livery, 8-car set), Tokyu 1000-1500 Series, revival colors sets No.17 (blue-yellow) and No.13 (green), Fukushima Kotsu 1000 Series,
Ueda Electric Railway 1000 Series ("Marumado" revival and standard liveries), Ueda Electric Railway 6000 Series, Ichibata Railway 1000 Series.

Here's the list of the consists avaible:

1991-2013 - Toyoko Line - 8-car set
1991-2013 - Toyoko Line - 4+4-car set
1991 Only - Mekama Line - 4-car set
1991-Today - Ikegami and Tamagawa Lines - 3-car set
2014-Today - Ikegami and Tamagawa Lines 1000-1500 Series - 3-car set
2016-Today - Ikegami and Tamagawa Lines 1000 Series Set No.17 - 3-car set
2019-Today - Ikegami and Tamagawa Lines 1000 Series Set No.13 - 3-car set

2008-Today - Ueda Electric Railway 1000 Series - 2-car set
20XX-Today - Ueda Electric Railway 1000 Series Set No.4 - 2-car set
2015-Today - Ueda Electric Railway 6000 Series - 2-car set

2014-Today - Ichibata Electric Railway 1000 Series - 2-car set

2017-Today - Fukushima Kotsu 1000 Series - 2-car set (with or without headmark)
2017-Today - Fukushima Kotsu 1000 Series - 3-car set (with or without headmark)

Upgrading the Hibiya Line fleet (and minor lines too).

By the mid-80s, while Tokyu railway's two mainlines (the Toyoko and Denentoshi lines) had relatively modern rolling stock, the roster for Hibiya Line trough-services wasn't really changed since the early '60, when trough-services first began. This reflected the situation on the Hibiya Line as a whole, with TRTA and Tobu still running 3000 and 2000 Series train respectively, togheter with Tokyu's 7000 Series, all of wich were designs of the early 1960s.

Therefore, in 1988, each of the three companies put foward it's own design to replace it's own part of the Hibiya Line fleet. TRTA was the first with it's 03 Series (based on the earlier 01 and 05 Series of the Ginza and Tozai Lines) wich entered service in the same year, followed by the 20000 Series of Tobu railway shortly after, and finally Tokyu, with it's 1000 Series.

A cheaped-out train... with a surprise up it's sleeve.

To contain costs (and time), the 1000 Series was very closely based on the 20m-long 9000 Series for the Toyoko and Oimachi lines introduced in 1986: it was essentially a shortened-to-18m-with-three-doors-instead-of-four version of the former.

Depsite all the cost-cutting and "cheaping out" mesaures, Tokyu's 1000 Series had an advantage over the two other Hibiya Line "new trains": while designed in the same year the TRTA 3000s and Tobu 20000s were equipped with a chopper traction control, wich was up-to-date in the 1980s, but was about to be made obsolete by the brand-new inverter traction control, wich was already in use on Tokyu's 9000 Series and was therefore inherited by the 1000 Series.
Of the GTO-VVVF type and manufactured by Tokyo Denki, it's distinctive "screaming" sound is a fetaure of the 1000 Series.

The first 1000 Series trains entered service in 1991, formed as 8-car sets and used both on inter-running or above-ground only duties on the Toyoko Line. Some sets were also formed as 4+4 car ones, with the two central KuHa cars being of the symmetrical walk-trough type (rather than the 1000's asymmetrical cab), this was made so in case of necessity, an 8-car set could be temporarily split and transferred to other lines.
Depsite it's main purpose being that of an inter-running train, a few 1000 Series trains formed in 3-car sets were also introduced on the Ikegami line in 1993, to replace the 3000 Series and it's variants of pre-war design, but this mesaure was relatively costly, so Tokyu choose to refurbish and convert to inverter control some of the displaced 7000 Series trains. Re-named "7700 Series", they entered service in 1987, replacing all of the pre-1960s stock by the mid-1990s.
One 4-car set (altough not part of the 4+4 sets) was also used provisionally on the Mekama Line* in 1991.

Replacing the 7000s.

In 2013 Tokyu abandoned inter-running services on the Hibiya Line in favour of the newly opened Fukutoshin Line. This resulted in a massive surplus of 1000 Series cars, of wich many were reformed into 3-car sets and transferred to the Ikegami and Tamagawa lines to replace the 7700 Series and the 7200 Series, wich were completely retired by 2018 and 2016 respectively.
Many of the former inter-running cars were refurbished starting from 2014: re-numbered "1000-1500 Series", their main modifications were the replacement of the inverter with an IGBT-VVVF type and the livery change from Tokyu's distinctive red to a dark green, similar to the one in use by the New 7000 Series train (wich ran on the same Ikegami and Tamagawa Lines).

In 2016, 1000 Series set No.17 was repainted into a blue-yellow revival livery, similar to the one carried by 3450 Series trains in the 1980s. Similarily, in November 2019, Set No.17 (wich uses walk-trough type KuHa cars) was repainted in an all-over green revival livery, also carried by 3450 Series trains. Both sets still operate with the two revival liveries as of today.

A bargain!

Depsite the replacement of the 7700s and of the 7200s, many of cars the 1000 Series were still surplus, so they ended up on the second-hand market.
With most third-sector railways' loading gauge not allowing 20m-long cars (and the scarcity of 18m cars), the sudden arrival of an almost brand new (some cars were less than 10 years old!) and relatively up-to-date meant that 1000 Series cars sold as fast as ice creams in an hot summer.
The fact that Tokyu also owned the factory where these trains were made (wich meant they could be adapted to the buyer's request at little to no cost) was also a key part in the 1000 Series' success on the second-hand market.

Replacing the 7000s (Again).

The first buyer of the 1000 Series was Ueda Electric Railway (a subsidiary of Tokyu itself), wich bought four 2-car sets converted from KuHa cars in 2008. Re-numbered (not really) as the "1000 Series", they entered service in the same year, keeping Tokyu's red livery. Set No.4 was later repainted into a blue-white revival livery carried by older "Marumado" ("Circle Windows") MoHa 5250 Series trains (wich, by the way, are avaible for trainz: keimei made them a while ago).
In 2015, Ueda Electric Railway bought another 2-car set (the "6000 Series") wich was converted from MoHa intermediate cars. Both the 1000 and the 6000 Series were used to replace the older 7200 Series trains (also second-hand from Tokyu), wich were completely retired by 2018. As a "side effect" of this, Ueda Electric Railway now is one of the very few (if not the only) rural railway with an all inverter-controlled fleet.

In 2009, the Iga Railway also bought five 2-car sets, renamed "200 Series", they entered service in the same year.
I'm sorry i couldn't make these ones, but their "Ninja" livery (Mie prefecture, where the railway is located is famous for it's Ninja tradition) is too complex. As soon as i'll found adequate reference images (for the sides) i'll make them.

On the shores of Lake Shinji.

The Ichibata Electric Railway bought two 2-car sets converted from MoHa cars in 2014. Re-named the "1000 Series" and repainted into a full-orange (with a white line) livery, they entered service in the same year on the railway's two lines, replacing a pair of 3000 Series sets (former Nankai 21000 Series trains of 1958 vintage) sets.

Replacing the 7000s (AGAIN).

The last company to buy second-hand 1000 Series cars was Fukushima Kotsu (it's mainly a bus company but it also operates the iizaka railway line in Fukushima city), wich acquired four 2-car sets and two 3-car sets in 2016 (all of them were converted from MoHa intermediate cars). Re-numbered (you guessed it) "1000 Series", they entered service in 2017 to replace the 7000 Series (an ex-Tokyu 7000 Series too), with all 7000s being retired in 2019 (except one set being kept as spare or for events).

DOWNLOAD
https://drive.google.com/open?id=115hOzLmbDhPK_uNfgBFHTK5_6YDoleOT

All the dependencies are included in the package or are avaible on the DLS, except for the pantorgraphs, wich must be downloaded from Rizky's website (jirctrainz.com).

*The Mekama Line was split into the Meguro and Tamagawa Lines when inter-running services with the Namboku and Toei Mita lines began in 2000.

Again Really thank you for your efforts. As always it is very interesting to read up on the history of these trains. And on top of that. May the times come that I am able to travel for the second time to Japan (which I hope will come) then I add the relatively unexplored part on the West coast to my bucket list. I had not heard of Lake Shinji but it looks interesting. The interesting part of Japanese Railway is that there are really a lot of nice urban lines each which their own identity.

On my side I am working hard on the Icarus Shinkansen v2 .0. route (no surprise here). I will post something when a significant progress step is made.

By the way AlexMaria. Your trains runs excellent in Trainz 2019.

Excellent stuff AlexMaria! I am not finding the pantographs as a separate item at Rizky's site? I have many of his freeware electrics so maybe I can assume i already have them? The don't appear to be in Freeware, and the payware section says "Closed".

Again Really thank you for your efforts. As always it is very interesting to read up on the history of these trains. And on top of that. May the times come that I am able to travel for the second time to Japan (which I hope will come) then I add the relatively unexplored part on the West coast to my bucket list. I had not heard of Lake Shinji but it looks interesting. The interesting part of Japanese Railway is that there are really a lot of nice urban lines each which their own identity.

Thank you too!

Excellent stuff AlexMaria! I am not finding the pantographs as a separate item at Rizky's site? I have many of his freeware electrics so maybe I can assume i already have them? The don't appear to be in Freeware, and the payware section says "Closed".

Ah, yes, they're included in the freeware EMU packs. You'll need both the square and single-arm ones, so the 201-205 Series Pack should be fine.

It's strange, i remember they were also listed in a separate page (or maybe it was the older site)...

Last edited:
Great work AlexMaria!! Hey I looking at the tops of the trains and was wondering was that like a siren light on them or just a roof deco?

This thing?

M.jpg

It's an antennae for the train's communication systems. On older trains (such as the Tokyu 1000 Series) these are used only for the train's radiotelephone (the direct line between the train and the traffic control center) but on newer trains they're also used for TIMS (the diagnostic system) transmissions.

They also come in a variety of shapes (depending the system they're using), here is another example:

This is an inductive radio loop-shaped antennae on a Nagoya Subway 3000 Series (1977).

nsi3000-11h.jpg

The antennaes must be positioned on the first car of the train, but not necessarily above the cab (altough this is usually done to avoid interferences). Tokyu's 8500 Series trains have it between the first and the second air conditioner.

Last edited:
April Progress of Icarus Shinkansen Route. This time a trip over the Awaji Freight Bypass Route.

49807385121_c069d05671_k.jpg
[/URL]

TRS19_2020_04_22_23_36_56_535
by pagroove, on Flickr[/IMG]

49806829668_c792f2fc36_k.jpg
[/URL]

TRS19_2020_04_22_23_37_25_707

Thank you AlexMaria for your Tokyu1000. Here's what it looks like In TRS2019 Platinium:

49807384511_8ad72d880c_k.jpg
[/URL]

TRS19_2020_04_22_23_46_10_735

49806829148_a1bd81187b_k.jpg
[/URL]

TRS19_2020_04_22_23_48_13_705

49806828858_8c78ced8c5_k.jpg
[/URL]

TRS19_2020_04_22_23_51_06_517

49806828788_f54dcad4eb_k.jpg
[/URL]

TRS19_2020_04_22_23_51_34_187

Bonus: Total Overview Of Awaji City with Icarus Shinkansen and Freight Bypass.

49806828123_4c61389a51_k.jpg
[/URL]

TRS19_2020_04_22_23_58_18_270

More Pics in Flickr Album: Album Link

Oh ok! thanks for pointing that out AlexMaria. Was also wondering will these trains work on trainz 12 I'd like to download them and check em out.
Nice pics of your routes progress pagroov. I like the shadows of the freight cars in the first pic. looks very realistic. Pity we don't have an animated container yard for the JR stuff.

Last edited:
April Progress of Icarus Shinkansen Route. This time a trip over the Awaji Freight Bypass Route.
Thank you AlexMaria for your Tokyu1000. Here's what it looks like In TRS2019 Platinium:
49807384511_8ad72d880c_k.jpg
[/URL]

I really like this shot! I'm glad to see it runs well in TZ19!

Oh ok! thanks for pointing that out AlexMaria. Was also wondering will these trains work on trainz 12 I'd like to download them and check em out.
Nice pics of your routes progress pagroov. I like the shadows of the freight cars in the first pic. looks very realistic. Pity we don't have an animated container yard for the JR stuff.

It's made in TZ12 so it's sure to work.

I really like this shot! I'm glad to see it runs well in TZ19!

It's made in TZ12 so it's sure to work.

They run superb. BTW I like the engine screaming sound on the Tokyo 1000. My only gripe is that the sounds are a bit soft in volume. As I work with audio I could throw them through a limiter plugin to make them a bit louder. But no high priority now.

Yes and the thing is that the frame rate is even higher than TANE. So at low speeds you are still getting fluency. In older sims speeds under 40 kp/h did not feel fast but in Trainz 2019 you already have the idea that you are travelling quite fast.

Yes some animated Japanese Containder yard would be very cool but also not very flexible. I find with the 'pre cooked' industries that you have to fit them in and they won't always fit.

Last edited:
I'm gonna download the sets and see how they work out. As for the Animated container yard, I'm sure it can be done. Dave Snow's well cars would be a good example. He built a special track and product to load and unload them. They also have different variations as well.

For those interested, i'll upload on youtube the recording of the entire process of making a new train for trainz using sketchup. The train in question is the upcoming Tokyu 8090-8590 Series.

Here are the first two parts (a third is being uploaded as i write this post):

Basic Shape

Doors and Windows

The videos are 100% intergal, with no editing and without sound.
(maybe it's better like this - you may not hear it, but in the second part i sweared against evrything known to mankind).

Last edited:
Back