Japan

Greetings,
Here a little PIDS trackside object that might be useful for japanese route builder!
If you ever went to japan, this sign is very common in every station.

This trackside is scripted, it will animated with text : "電車がきます" which translated "Train is approaching" when there are train coming close to this trackside.

Download Here

90090548_2852269031528567_5309731539624394752_o.jpg

Greetings,
Here a little PIDS trackside object that might be useful for japanese route builder!

This trackside is scripted, it will animated with text : "電車がきます" which translated "Train is approaching" when there are train coming close to this trackside.

Download Here

Very nice. Also nice screenshot. How far are you with the new route? (question not meant to sound impatient but out of curiosity).

Last edited:
BTW. I'm thinking about doing commission. U can request anything Trains(Japanese-related, EMU,DMU,etc) you want to available at trainz.
And of course because I'll get paid, I'll do my best for the content (the quality will not same as the rest freeware content on the websites). The cost is depends on how difficulty, and complex the request feature is..
To ensure that I'm not going run away from responsibility (in case like Jtrainz pre-order), you can pay half price when the first prototype are delivered, and pay the rest when the content is complete.
What do you think ?

I think that's a really good idea. There's a lot of great content that could then become available. The only thing you have to be careful of is overloading yourself with too many requests. You still need time to enjoy Trainz for your own stuff.

@Rizky_Adiputra Thank you for this jewel!

17961-2020-03-17-191244-jpg

17963-2020-03-17-191402-jpg

17964-2020-03-17-191554-jpg

The bad thing is that afterwards I pulled pretty much everything from the DLS that is Japanese and started to experiment.

17968-2020-03-18-010542-jpg

BTW. I'm thinking about doing commission. U can request anything Trains(Japanese-related, EMU,DMU,etc) you want to available at trainz.
And of course because I'll get paid, I'll do my best for the content (the quality will not same as the rest freeware content on the websites). The cost is depends on how difficulty, and complex the request feature is..
To ensure that I'm not going run away from responsibility (in case like Jtrainz pre-order), you can pay half price when the first prototype are delivered, and pay the rest when the content is complete.
What do you think ?

It's a good idea as long as you are being honest about how much workload you can take.

As I understand the fact that my J-Trainz E3 order went wrong (till this day not delivered) it was a combination of factors: Computer problems, maybe motivation and other factors.

So to prevent it you can take commissions but set a hard limit. For yourself and also for your customers.

As for payment I want to pay afterwards and via Paypal. Sorry but the earlier experience 'ruined' it for me.

There has to be clear statement (via the website for example) what a 'prototype' is. For example if your current work serves as an example for prototype then it is very good. I mean your current EMU line up. And you could also agree to deliver a train in that state which is a 'fine' state by me.

But I think that the most important is that you and your customer agree in what state a train should be delivered.

@all Stunning pictures, fantastic work evrybody!

Greetings,

Nice and very useful! Surely i will make good use of them on my Tsurumai Line route!

Coincidentally i'm also working on a trackside object wich plays a "train approaching" announcment and chime recording.
Maybe we could combine the two (as in "when sign light is on -> Play recording") ?

Here's the first two prototypes: TACs (Train Announcment & Chimes) for Northbound (to Senri-Chuo) and Southbound (to Nakamozu) Osaka Subway Midosuji Line trains.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wPXutsd3GpcbkQizkMXrEisqEy51_gsx

What do you think ?

It's an interesting thing to do, Good Luck!

If anyone is interested in making these, my trainz wishlist is essentially composed of four things:

- JNR tokai-type EMUs full kit: 113 series and 165 series and their variants or derivatives (one skin each, but predisposed for an easy and thorough reskinning, wich i would be making myself).

- JR East 209-0 Series.

- JNR 211 (3-doors) and 213 Series (2-doors).

- JR Hokkaido 721 Series.

I'm always open to collaborations or requests, if anyone is interested, just PM me.

Last edited:
Wow those Trainz 2019 pics are beautiful!! I would like to try it out but I've invested far too much in my current version of trains to do yet another version. I guess that's the problem of building mega long and big routes that I like to do. plus all the trains Japan and USA I've gotten as well as the other stuff like buildings and tress. Some form 3rd party sites like Jointed Rail. So I'll just enjoy the pics you guys put out while still working with the old version.

About that announcement sign. maybe you could set it to be triggered when a train approaches. Kinda like the railroad crossings when the train gets a certian distance, the gates go down.

The only JR train set I would love to see made (I'd make it myself if I knew what software I needed and a simple tutorial on how it worked) would be the Sonic Wonderland Express limited train.

Last edited:
As for payment I want to pay afterwards and via Paypal. Sorry but the earlier experience 'ruined' it for me.

It's okay, I can relate it.

It's a good idea as long as you are being honest about how much workload you can take.

There has to be clear statement (via the website for example) what a 'prototype' is. For example if your current work serves as an example for prototype then it is very good. I mean your current EMU line up. And you could also agree to deliver a train in that state which is a 'fine' state by me.

The "prototype" here is simply the content is half complete..

for details what 'prototype' I think is like :
If you request, for example a E233 series EMU or anything, with some request features like, full workable cabin and indicator, ATC system / ATACS system, LED animation, realistic braking system etc..
The prototype state is I can tell, the trainset and the cabin is complete / half complete but the script is not yet.
The 'prototype' trainset will also driveable but some features like I mention above is not yet finished.

It's okay, I can relate it.

The "prototype" here is simply the content is half complete..

for details what 'prototype' I think is like :
If you request, for example a E233 series EMU or anything, with some request features like, full workable cabin and indicator, ATC system / ATACS system, LED animation, realistic braking system etc..
The prototype state is I can tell, the trainset and the cabin is complete / half complete but the script is not yet.
The 'prototype' trainset will also driveable but some features like I mention above is not yet finished.

I think your framework of thinking is 'on spot' here. I would happily become a customer of you :D.

My wish is the E3 and the Shinkansen 200 and 400. That would complete the line up of Shikansens
And then the Thunderbird/Nankai Rapid. Red wing Hiroshima.

Wow those Trainz 2019 pics are beautiful!! I would like to try it out but I've invested far too much in my current version of trains to do yet another version. I guess that's the problem of building mega long and big routes that I like to do. plus all the trains Japan and USA I've gotten as well as the other stuff like buildings and tress. Some form 3rd party sites like Jointed Rail. So I'll just enjoy the pics you guys put out while still working with the old version.

About that announcement sign. maybe you could set it to be triggered when a train approaches. Kinda like the railroad crossings when the train gets a certian distance, the gates go down.

The only JR train set I would love to see made (I'd make it myself if I knew what software I needed and a simple tutorial on how it worked) would be the Sonic Wonderland Express limited train.

Hi Railshuttle.

If your computer is up to it you should really upgrade to at least TANE SP3. Trainz 12 is really becoming a bit obsolete now. On an old 32bit computer it runs fine but if you are on 64 bit and have enough VRAM then really already TANE is better. And while upgrading leave the old Trainz install active. I have Trainz 12 still installed but I do all the driving in the newer sims but I am considering doing the building activity also in TANE thereby dropping Trainz 12 and Trainzmac2 support. It is an idea I am considering now.

Okay I think want to try open commission now :

I'll do my best !!..

Here detail of pricing :

Bundle 1 (Low) : USD $2.00
- Low poly model
- No cabin and interior
- Include bogie and hornsound and other deps
- Script inculde auto taillights and flare fx only

Bundle 2 (Medium) : USD $4.00
- Medium poly model
- Low detail Cabin and Interior included (interior are scriptless)
- Script inculde animation doors, auto taillights and flare fx only

Bundle 3 (Full details 1): USD $8.00
- HD texture and models
- HD cabin and interior included with custom settings
- Optional scripts (you can chose no more than 4)
1. Automatic taillights and flare fx
2. Fully animated doors and pantograph
3. Fully animated cabin (wiper,lever, monitor, gauge, etc)
4. Roller & LED destionation display animation
5. In cabin signaling system (ATS,ATC,ATACS depends in requested model)
6. Realistic braking system (depends in requested model)
7. Wheater rainy effect
8. Custom Sound effect

Bundle 4 (Full details 2) : USD $12.00
- HD texture and models
- Cabin and interior included with custom settings
- You got all 8 features that mentioned in the bundle 3

Only 2 orders / customers allowed. If you interested, Immediately throw PM at me..

Hi Rizky,

I admire your enthusiasm for creation however, if I was to commission an item from you I would want the "First owner of copyright" to come with it. This means that the First owner of copyright can do anything with the item including resale.
I suggest you re-think your venture - get a feel what more people would like in the way of Japanese content.
Consider creating a series of "Special Express Consists" or some of the luxury Japanese trainsets.
Then you price them and sell them to folks - you make some $$$$ and helps pay for your time and effort and cost of software etc.
Give it some thought....

Hi Rizky,

I admire your enthusiasm for creation however, if I was to commission an item from you I would want the "First owner of copyright" to come with it. This means that the First owner of copyright can do anything with the item including resale.
I suggest you re-think your venture - get a feel what more people would like in the way of Japanese content.
Consider creating a series of "Special Express Consists" or some of the luxury Japanese trainsets.
Then you price them and sell them to folks - you make some $$$$ and helps pay for your time and effort and cost of software etc.
Give it some thought....

yup, I already make some agreement if someone want to commission an item to me.
Some of the statement is the finished model of commissioned content will be released to public as payware/freeware with "First owner of copyright" still in the creator's hand.
Sorry but, It seems I can't give "First owner of copyright" to anybody even they commissioned to me.

I suppose I could do that but first I'll have to find a copy. Did you download it form Steam? There seems to be no CD Roms of the later trainz games anymore.

Okay I think want to try open commission now :

I'll do my best !!..

Here detail of pricing :

Bundle 1 (Low) : USD $2.00
- Low poly model
- No cabin and interior
- Script inculde auto taillights and flare fx only

Bundle 2 (Medium) : USD $4.00
- Medium poly model
- Low detail Cabin and Interior included (interior are scriptless)
- Script inculde animation doors, auto taillights and flare fx only

Bundle 3 (Full details 1): USD $8.00
- HD texture and models
- HD cabin and interior included with custom settings
- Optional scripts (you can chose no more than 4)
1. Automatic taillights and flare fx
2. Fully animated doors and pantograph
3. Fully animated cabin (wiper,lever, monitor, gauge, etc)
4. Roller & LED destionation display animation
5. In cabin signaling system (ATS,ATC,ATACS depends in requested model)
6. Realistic braking system (depends in requested model)
7. Wheater rainy effect
8. Custom Sound effect

Bundle 4 (Full details 2) : USD $12.00
- HD texture and models
- Cabin and interior included with custom settings
- You got all 8 features that mentioned in the bundle 3

Only 2 orders / customers allowed. If you interested, Immediately throw PM at me..

3 things

- I miss the engine sounds in this list. Also I could maybe help you with that if you want.
- Maybe add a last category called FLEXplan. So you could have a train with a detailed cockpit but no interior for example or the other way around.
- Although not Japanese no one is making the new modern Chinese Trains like the Harmony I would pay for that content too.

Back