Japan

Heres a Cab view footage of an E2 Asama Train, The footage i believe it was recorded in 2004.
Nagano Shinkansen. (No wonder Tokyo still use 209 series :) )

Request: Hirochi, Since we dont know where to download the E2 can you make the E2?
(Can you do E2 series 8-car "N" sets?)
(or E2-1000 series 10-car "J" sets?)
E2 N Sets:
440px-N11_Asama_514_Tokyo_20020601.jpg

E2-1000 J Sets
E2-1000_series_on_Hayate_service_at_Iwate-Numakunai_Station.jpg

Last edited:
So it's not just a matter of switching stripes and doors. I thought the two shared the same body shell but they are more different than they appear huh?

Couple days ago I found that my max is broken (error), and also I lost the max installer somewhere in my PC.
Then I tried another alternative 3d modelling software called blender. It's very good software I think. It's easy to use, small installer size and of course, It's free.

Here my first creation on blender. An E6-series :

Screenshot-76.jpg

Render test :

akitassssss.jpg

I also planned to export this models to trainz. But I still need more for learning blender, especially for texturing and exporting to trainz.

I wonder if theres a possible way to play with the Shinkansen Densha de go controller to trainz?

(image removed)

There is a more appropriate panel for this type of question. It's called "Parts and Labor" and deals with hardware for running trains. Please, limit posts here to screenshots or text concerning screenshots.

Thanks

Bill

Last edited:
My first (competed) built-from-zero train - JR East's 701 series in Morioka colors.

JR-701-series.png

The 701 series is a 20Kv AC electric multiple unit introduced in 1993. Designed for the rural and regional lines in the Tohoku area, it's based on the 209 series.

It has several different variants, including two (the -5000 and -5500 subseries) standard gauge versions for use on the Akita and Yamagata "Mini-Shinkansen" lines and many different livieries.

Besides JR East, it's also operated by two third sector railways: Aomori Railway and Iwate Galaxy Railway, wich obtained them after JR East transferred the ownership of part of the Tohoku Main line (following the extension to Aomori of the Tohoku Shinkansen in 2002, the section in Aomori prefecture went to Aomori Railway and the section in Iwate prefecture went to Iwate Galaxy Railway).

A shigtly modified version, the E127 series, for the Niigata area (1500v DC electrification), entered service in 1995.

The one avaible here is the 701-1000 series in Morioka depot colors (1067mm gauge, introduced in 1994).
I plan to make all the other variants (including the E127 series).

Trivia:

After the 2011 earthquake and tsunami (and subsequent Fukushima-dai-ichi nuclear incident), large portions of the Joban main line were badly damaged (some were literally wiped away by the waves).
However, an isolated section between Soma and Haranomachi stations was miraculously left untouched, so between 2011 and 2016 a lonely 701-1000 series set was transferred from Sendai depot (in Sendai depot colors, obiviously) to shuttle back and forth between these two stations.

Download:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=18-vNRJOiYjafnbnifnR72A7NeJiIh7eQ

Highlights:

- No headlights.
- The interior is non-existent
- The pantograph is probably placed too far back.
- The underfloor is probably wrong too.

It has some defects too...

Whoever wishes to improve the model, is free to do so.
Included in the download are the two sketchup files for the MC and CT units and a selection of the textures used.

Back