Japan

For my route the Icarus Shinkansen I started the process of naming the stations. I decided to divide the line into sections as this will be almost 80 km or longer of mainline. I started first at the Asadaka section. I would like to know from people who speak better Japanese (Kurotrik? ;)) than I (and that is really easy with my most basic knowledge of Hiragana) how to translate the station names correctly into Romanji (is that correct?)

Here is the Scheme I made up so far. As you can see this is a scheme in preparation for a later sessions in which multiple services run over the same line.

IML is an abbreviation that stands for Icarus Main Line. So I want a nice Japanese translation for the work names in the scheme.

Edited to add: the gray squares are skipped stops for the faster trains.

9fed40c22a22436ae65e7c43e9aaa835.png
[/URL][/IMG]

We haven't figured out on adding signals or not because Yamanote is using ATC. The funny part is, whenever i created a scenario, it is always ended with bugs. lol. Then i went back to surveyor and did some edits. The bugs wont go away. This would not allow us to release the route on time btw.

Search on the dls for the invisible signals. Also used on my routes Electro Island and Icarus Shinkansen.

Last edited:
I currently finished all 12 rolling stock of E7/W7 series shinkansen.
It would great if someone made a long shinkansen layout on trainz especially Hokuriku Shinkansen. I have this and other shinkansen downloaded from DLS. But don't know where to placed this train.

I currently finished all 12 rolling stock of E7/W7 series shinkansen.
It would great if someone made a long shinkansen layout on trainz especially Hokuriku Shinkansen. I have this and other shinkansen downloaded from DLS. But don't know where to placed this train.

Hmm, watch out for strange shadows, it seems that there is a conflict in the door between some polygons?

For my route the Icarus Shinkansen I started the process of naming the stations. I decided to divide the line into sections as this will be almost 80 km or longer of mainline. I started first at the Asadaka section. I would like to know from people who speak better Japanese (Kurotrik? ;)) than I (and that is really easy with my most basic knowledge of Hiragana) how to translate the station names correctly into Romanji (is that correct?)

Here is the Scheme I made up so far. As you can see this is a scheme in preparation for a later sessions in which multiple services run over the same line.

IML is an abbreviation that stands for Icarus Main Line. So I want a nice Japanese translation for the work names in the scheme.

Edited to add: the gray squares are skipped stops for the faster trains.

Okay i'll help you with that.
Anyway do anyone here knows how to get rid of missing spline? That awkward white stripes that appear when opening a missing depedencies route. I tried to delete all missing assets but the annoying stripes won't go away.

Over 25+ of Japanese EMU's were released, Check out at Freeware Announcement or you can directly click at my signature.

9a02e073ce27380a3a8126208ad447d4.jpg

Cheers!

Rizky.

Rizty:I would really like to download your trains but I don't like having to go through a maze of ads to get to them. Can't you put the freeware ones in a one dive or media fire site?

Ahmad: Welcome aboard!!

Yikes! Seven clicks and three Captcha's later, I'm still not there for the first one. Talk about being buried. :hehe:

Bill

Downloads are working but You need to go through tons of ballast and unwanted (sexual) content to get to final zippyshare links. Several times my AV warned me about danger, but once You are carefull enough, You can successfully pass through.

Add an ad blocker to your browser like uBlock Origin and avoid most of the rubbish.
Also be careful about what it tries to download and cancel any attempt to add things to your browser.

Coming very soon Yamanotesen 1970 JNR era Layout. I am going to relase this personally as a freeware content. While we are waiting for the New Yamanote Line.
This is because we are still working hard on creating sessions. Pardon :'(
a9134221201f9da1ac7810717d6b4b5d.jpg

This route will take you through 1950-1970's around Tokyo. Firstly this will contain Tokyo-Osaki.
This early january;)

Nice project.

Here is somethig that might be useful to you:

Yamanote Line 101 and 103 series reskins!

Series 101:

1346842.jpg

101.jpg

A bit of history:

The 101 series was introduced in 1959 to be the new standard commuter train of JNR, intended to replace the old pre-war and immediate post-war electric multiple units such as the 63 and 72 series.
Altough reliable and liked by both drivers and passengers, it was extremely power-consuming and expensive to build and operate, therefore JNR moved to the improved 103 series in 1963.

Yamanote line units were fitted in a canary yellow liviery identical to those on the Chuo Sobu line trainsets, and were operated in 8-car sets.
They were introduced on the line in 1961 and fully replaced by the 103 series by 1968.

Trivia:
The destination boards on the 101 series spell "Yamate line" instead of "Yamanote line".
This is because after world war 2, the american armed forces in Japan ordered all the train and station signs to be translated ("romanized") and the Yamanote Line was romanized into "Yamate Line" (dropping the character "No"). It was thus alternatively known as "Yamate" and "Yamanote" until 1971, when JNR changed the pronunciation back to "Yamanote".
As of today some older people still refer to the line using the old "Yamate line" name.

Trainz Model:

the .CDP file contains the 4 different cars (Kuha, Moha, Moha+Pantograph and SaHa) plus a ready-to-run 8-car conist.
The original model is by Keimei (Green 101 series for the Kansai Line)

Download:

DOWNLOAD
Link removed due to kuid number conflict with newer releases.

103 series (early type, 1963-1981)

img_475ea0e342d701ecf2a767fb7b834f67558140.jpg

103E.jpg

A bit of history:

The 103 series was introduced in 1963 as a cheaper, simplified and more energy efficent alternative over the 101 series, but it retained the overall appearance of it's predecessor. Full production began in 1964 and ended in 1971.
It proved immensly popular, becaming the standard base for all the commuter trains built in japan from then on (both JNR types and private railways too).
An air-conditioned prototype was introduced in 1970 and tested on the Yamanote Line. The tests were successful and starting in 1973, the Air-Conditioned stest were built.
These units were converted to ATC use starting in the late '70s and totally replaced the non-ATC sets by 1980.

Trivia:

These EMUs (along with the 101 series) were nicknamed "Kokuden" and are one of the most produced japanese model trains of all time. Kato, Tomix, Greenmax and Microace all have some kind of model in their catalogs. It was so popular that even the venerable italian brand "Lima" attempted a reproduction in H0 scale. Named "Lima Kokuden" it's one of the rarest lima models ever produced.

Trainz Model:

the .CDP file contains the 4 different cars (Kuha, Moha, Moha+Pantograph and SaHa) plus a ready-to-run 10-car consist.
The original model is by Keimei (Green 101 series for the Kansai Line)

DOWNLOAD

103 series (Later type, 1980-1988)

yamate103.jpg

103L.jpg

In the 1970s both the Keihin-Tohoku Line and the Yamanote Line became increasingly crowded, to the point that the old block-type signalling system was not sufficent to handle the high frequencies of operation. This, along with an accident at Nippori station (more on that later) led to the introduction of an analogue ATC system based on those used by the TRTA ( Teito Rapid Transit Autorithy - Tokyo Subway operator until 2004 - transferred to Tokyo Metro)
specifically the ones on the Hibiya and newly-built Chiyoda lines.

The analogue ATC equipment was so large that the cabs had to be raised to make space for it. The rebuilt trains fetaured also a twin headlight, in place of the earlier single one. Also the Air Condition units were fitted to the units that didn't recieved them in the '70s.

These units briefly made the whole Yamanote Line roster until the introduction of the lighter, cheaper and more energy-efficient 205 series in 1985, that ultimately replaced all the 103s by 1988.
The trainsets replaced by the 205 series were moved to the Keiyo and Musashino lines (a couple of sets were also moved to the Keihin-Tohoku Line as spares).

Trivia:

In 1972 at Nippori Station, a northbound Keihin-Tohoku Line 103 series was rear-ended by an inner-loop Yamanote Line set of the same type*. The collision occourred at about 20Km/h (the Yamanote Line train had applied emergency brakes) and thanks to the low speed and excepitonal body strenght of the 103 series, nobody on the two trains was hurt.

*Between Tamachi and Tabata, due to maintainance, Yamanote Line trains are occasionally rerouted onto Keihin-Tohoku Line tracks and vice-versa. It's still used as of today and that was the case in the 1972 Nippori Incident.

Trainz Model:

the .CDP file contains the 4 different cars (Kuha, Moha, Moha+Pantograph and SaHa) plus a ready-to-run 10-car consist.
The original model is by Keimei (Yellow 103 series)

DOWNLOAD

Last edited:
Back