Japan

JNR Type 9600 style Steam Locomotive is temporally completed:D with "bdneal-san" 's new bogies and many helps & advices.
bdneal-san thank you very much:wave: ....
Subarashii desu yo!
I need a new dictionary. None of the words in this one are big enough to hold all my amazement at how much you've accomplished over the last year.
I feel inspired by this beautiful engine.

:cool:Claude

Oh my god! :eek:

Edited: This is the 9633 that is located at the Umekoji Steam Locomotive Museum. No?

Last edited:
JNR Type 9600 style Steam Locomotives(2)

JNR Type 9600s are variety.
No.9687 was made from the original No.9633 changing number plate.
He runs with my feight cars in my TRS04:D .
The No.9633 on my last post is temporally numbered.
090422f9687f01.jpg

Next is No.9645. He has deflectors;) .
090422450105.jpg

And No.9688 is detailed up from the original:) .
090422968802.jpg

Thank you for bdneal-san:wave: .

Last edited:
JNR Type 9600 style Steam Locomotive on TS09/TC3 ??

Electro-san
Unfortunately I don't have TS09/TCs:'( .
Because my TRS06(ver.2.6 Build 3335) have had many troubles:'( in my old main PC*.
Therefore I can't buy TCs/TS09 because I am scary:confused: .
On the other hand, my TRS04(ver.2.4 Build 2370) is light and steady in my old PC:D .
I love TRS04.
In TRS04 I know the structure of files in TRAINZ well.
Recently my TRS04 has become slow at the time of starting of TRS04:confused: .
Especially at the time of loading route by the driver/surveyor, caching works slowly:confused: .
Maybe It is caused by enlargement of TRAINZ data.

But TRS04 is faster in my friend's maker made PC**:eek: .

Your PC is great:udrool: .
Now I'm thinking that I will make/buy new PC.

Please teach as follows;
1) Can you use SLI mode in TRS04/TRS06/TCs/TS09 in windows XP?
2) I want to use GeForce 9800GTX+.
Is it effective for TRS04 and others ?
Because I can't buy GeForce 8800GTS now.
3) Do you recommend Core2 Quad with lower GHz or Core2 Duo with higher GHz ?

my old main PC*
CPU : Athlon 64 +3000
Motherboard : ASUS A8N-E(Socket939)
Memory : 2 X 1GB DDR-400
Video Card : GeForce 7600 GT
Power Supply : EVERGREEN 400 Watt
Sound Card : none

my friend's maker made PC**
PC : NEC MY26/F
CPU : Intel Q9450
Motherboard : maker made Q35 Express Chipset
Memory : 2 X 1GB DDR2-800
Video Card : GeFoece 8400GS
Power Supply : maker made

Last edited:
:wave: Hi Hanshin9501

Please teach as follows;
1) Can you use SLI mode in TRS04/TRS06/TCs/TS09 in windows XP?

Yes you can BUT i have not found any differnce in Frame Rate BUT Trainz does run a lot smother on large routes

2) I want to use GeForce 9800GTX+.
Is it effective for TRS04 and others ?
Because I can't buy GeForce 8800GTS now.

Yes the 9800GTX+ will work great with all Trainz

3) Do you recommend Core2 Quad with lower GHz or Core2 Duo with higher GHz ?

As the Quod core i have now is my first one i carnt realy answer that Quiestion but i would think the higher the better but thats just my thoughts

If you would like some one to try them in TC3 im all ways around and would be happy to have a look for you

:cool:

Hi ,
for Trainz, higher Ghz is much more important than the number of cores.
TS 2009 uses the second core for the AI , but all the rest is still running at the first one , so speed is more important.

Run faster JNR Type 9600 SL on TRS04/TRS06/TS09/TCs

Thank you:wave: for Electro-san & markbin-san
I'll make/buy new PC for running faster JNR Type 9600 SL on TRS04/TRS06/TS09/TCs as follows;

for non-SLI
CPU : Intel Core2 Duo E8400~E8600
Motherboard : ASUS P5Q-E
Memory : 4 X 1GB DDR2-800
Video Card : GeForce 9800 GTX+(250GTS)
Power Supply : over 500 Watt

for SLI
CPU : Intel Core2 Duo E8400~E8600
Motherboard : ASUS P5N-T Deluxe
Memory : 4 X 1GB DDR2-800
Video Card : 2 X GeForce 9800 GT
Power Supply : over 500 Watt

Which is better ?:eek:
How is Crossfire ?:eek:

:D Hi Hanshin9501

Which is better ?:eek: Both systems would be great for Trainz
How is Crossfire ?:eek: <> Thats something i dont know, sorry i carnt help with that one.

But as i stated before Trainz running under SLI mode has no differnce in frame rate, But i have found it does run smother on lager routes But all so that is my Comp , How it runs on other people's comp in SLI mode i would not have a clue.:D

Thanks

:D Hi Hanshin9501

Which is better ?:eek: Both systems would be great for Trainz
How is Crossfire ?:eek: <> Thats something i dont know, sorry i carnt help with that one.

But as i stated before Trainz running under SLI mode has no differnce in frame rate, But i have found it does run smother on lager routes But all so that is my Comp , How it runs on other people's comp in SLI mode i would not have a clue.:D

Thank you very much.:wave:

I looked up SLI mode and I'm starting to get frightened.:D These routes must be huge if you need multiple video cards.
I have to start making textures. I have a book on taraibune so I can make some now.

Hanshin9501さん、お久しぶりです。コンテントは素晴らしいですね!ありがとうございます。ぼくは九月で日本に行きます。電車の写真をたくさんとりますよ。=)

Long time no see, everyone. I'm really happy that this thread is kicking up again, I'm starting to get some more time so I'll hopefully be able to starting making some content, and I'm going to Japan in September, so I'll be able to take lots of photos to help Hanshin9501 and other content creators do what they do best and make Japanese content prominent =)

Please continue everyone, it's wonderful to see all this excellent Japanese content being created.

Which part of Japan are you going to? I can cheerfully recommend the trip over the mountains in Chiba, from Goi to Ohara. There's a through pass that lets you go on both the Kominato and Isumi lines. The scenery is fantastic.

I'm going to Osaka, Hiroshima, Kyoto and Tokyo in that order. In Osaka and Tokyo I'm staying with host families. And the host school in Tokyo I'm going to is in Chiba, so that area is perfectly feasible hopefully. If anyone wants me to photograph anything specific, i.e I'll be able to do many series of Shinkansen, and some of Osaka and Tokyo's local lines. Just give me a nudge and I'll put it on my list.

The Transportation Museum has been moved to Omiya. According to the articles I've seen it's pretty incredible. Naturally, it was closed while I was there.
Also in the Tokyo area is the Edo Tokyo Museum. This is an absolute must! It's big and exhausting, but very well done. You won't want to miss this one.
On the border with Chiba prefecture is the Urayasu Folk History museum. The English audio guide comes very highly recommended. It's by the Urayasu government center almost straight north of Disneyland. It's actually closer to the Tozai line, though.
Over by Haneda airport is the Ota Folk History museum which is also said to be exceptional. These are museums the tourist rarely know about or get a chance to see.
Don't get suckered into seeing the view from Tokyo Tower unless someone else is paying. It's expensive and not as good as the free view from the government building in Shinjuku.
Hiroshima has the Yamato museum near the Kure shipyard. Take a translator with you if you go, since I hear that none if it is in English. Lots of displays on the famous ship, plus Leiji Matsumoto's epic comic (and TV series) "Space Cruiser Yamato". This was mangled in English as Star Blazers.
Osaka has a very nice transportation museum plus a Maritime Museum where you have to walk through a tunnel under the bay to get in.
Enjoy the trip. Let us know what you thought of the Chiba monorail.

:cool: Claude

glad to see you

Hi, there. I'm a new-comer from Osaka Japan, just begin TS09. Hanshin9501-san shows me the way to this forum, glad to see you all.:)
I love steam locos and diesel cars of any country. I greatly expect TS09 to create my favorite cars.
Here is my work, Japanese diesel car 'kiha40'. That is under construction, only a body is the original. I'm now struggling to make boggys.

K40Shikoku_203.jpg

Please visit my blog also (written in Japanese).
http://keimei.moe-nifty.com/knr_news/

Thanks a lot, best regards,

Back