Japan

Quick question... does anyone here actually have measurments for the catenary narrow JR? I mean the hight basically where the cable goes...

Quick question... does anyone here actually have measurements for the catenary narrow JR? I mean the hight basically where the cable goes...

It depends on which railroad catenary you want to space for. I know that some companies outside of the JR group will use higher or lower wire heights depending on the needs of the community. Here's some links to better explain the measurements.

http://sumidacrossing.org/Prototype/PrototypeCatenary/

http://sumidacrossing.org/ModelTrains/ModelingCatenary/KatoCatenary/

It depends on which railroad catenary you want to space for. I know that some companies outside of the JR group will use higher or lower wire heights depending on the needs of the community. Here's some links to better explain the measurements.

I'll see if i can work with that... since i plan to just make the poles as trackside to manually add the catenary... (like the german catenary in Trainz)

Quick question... does anyone here actually have measurments for the catenary narrow JR? I mean the hight basically where the cable goes...

Minimum height is 4.7 meters (15’ 5”) / The Power Feeding Systems is 5m. But I can't be sure. I tried to find myself not so long ago but there are only few informations about japanese catenary.

Minimum height is 4.7 meters (15’ 5”) / The Power Feeding Systems is 5m. But I can't be sure. I tried to find myself not so long ago but there are only few informations about japanese catenary.

Welp... probably needs some japanese skills to find it directly... should check japanese wiki maybe for it... but thanks for those

Well... by all the anime i already watched, i never touched Gundam or Mecha stuff... not realy a fan of huge world destroying robots... more the casual war guy... but interesting design indeed...

Me too. But this is obviously huge in Japan and I think the design is interesting enough. I'm all for a new designed 500 type anyway by Hirochi or Andi. This time with cockpit. :) and 2 liveries. 1. the normal one and 2. this special edition one.

Me too. But this is obviously huge in Japan and I think the design is interesting enough. I'm all for a new designed 500 type anyway by Hirochi or Andi. This time with cockpit. :)

Yeah!... though now that you put it up already... i should make some anime retextures at some point probably >_>

Hi matura. Nice to see you :). @ Nicofabi: That could be fun. By the way busy in here today. Shall we rename this topic to Japanese Cafe? :hehe:

As for my sources. If you want to keep updated about Japanese Highspeed and rail news in general and everything infrastructure and city Skyscrapercity.com and its forums is your friend.

The 2 Japanese rail related topics there:

Japan Highspeed Rail: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=478269
Japan conventional Rail: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=484031

Both links are to the first page of the threads. Going higher up in the forums also has rail news from around the world.

EDITED to add. As these are long running topics some starting in 2007 the pics on the first page go missing sometimes due to gone missing, deletion or free pic hosting. :).

@ Nicofabi: That could be fun. By the way busy in here today. Shall we rename this topic to Japanese Cafe? :hehe:

Yes it is indeed getting finaly busy in here... and also... i think you forgot the Maid in there ;P

but yeah... i think there are still alot of trains left out in what is actually already rolling... i still need to get comfortable with the programs till i can actually try trains >_> (Damn you A-Train and other japanese games that show all those nice JR Trains o. o)

For the maid you have to type in a search term on youtube :) or do a google image search :p BTW I like those A-Train vids but it is more of a management game. The rail camera is nice though.

For the maid you have to type in a search term on youtube :) or do a google image search :p BTW I like those A-Train vids but it is more of a management game. The rail camera is nice though.

"management"... if you ever watched the japanese ones they do insanly awsome stuff... but trust me... most if not all of them use the editor of the game XD... though i gotta admit... i still have to figure it out.... how the heck they get those goddamn timetables oO

I think I saw some that where indeed awesome and then I thought how they could make that.
I didnt figure it out yet... i mean they do like litteraly actual timetables with everything running on the lines... i tried... even streaming i tried... it just ended badly lol... but A-Train is one of the games that got the most japanese trains (if the japanese version is played, also dont ask how i can play that >_>)

Pagroove: saw that some time ago, not an fan of the series but it looks good and I think the 500 shinkansen is the right choise for this livery but I am afraid that march 2017 will also very likely mark the end of 500 Shinkansen since they JR Rail normally retire trains at the start of the rescedule at march.
You could also add this http://www.jnsforum.com/community/ as an source of information on new stuff on japanese rail. (platform 6)

I didnt figure it out yet... i mean they do like litteraly actual timetables with everything running on the lines... i tried... even streaming i tried... it just ended badly lol... but A-Train is one of the games that got the most japanese trains (if the japanese version is played, also dont ask how i can play that >_>)

Maybe I try it out one day but at the moment I have enough games.

Back on topic. Will show some screens of my retrackage project on Electro Island. I replaced all the tracks on the Shinkansen with Hirochi ones. Still have replace the 2 longes Landbrigde tunnels and all tracks on the NG network is replaced. Then I have to lengthen up the NG network to Toshin airport before I have enough content for a 3.0. version. First it will go for Ts12. But I hope v 3.0. will import nicely into TANE.

Pagroove: saw that some time ago, not an fan of the series but it looks good and I think the 500 shinkansen is the right choise for this livery but I am afraid that march 2017 will also very likely mark the end of 500 Shinkansen since they JR Rail normally retire trains at the start of the rescedule at march.
You could also add this http://www.jnsforum.com/community/ as an source of information on new stuff on japanese rail. (platform 6)

Hi Acelaamtrak. Good to see you. :clap: Thanks for the links :). BTW I replaced the 1067 mm tracks with some of that you have recommended to me in an earlier post.

Back