Japan

*snip* i dunno if you guys know what those are *snip*

They look to be train length posts.

We have something similar in Scotland/UK, they are to tell the driver where to stop on the platform. That way all the doors are at the platform and not away from the station.

3031773_orig.jpg

The image above shows an example of what we have in the UK :)

They might not be, but it seems to be the most plausible idea.

Cheers,

Johan :)

They look to be train length posts.

You sir... are CORRECT! In germany here we litteraly just have a meter sign... so its way less acurate kinda >_>

... problem i have just now is that i made them in Maya and 3Ds Max is freaking giving me network errors when installing -.-

Last edited:
:eek: OF COURSE!!!!! In my area (Los Angeles), Metrolink/Amtrak has one of those signs as well. There's one for cab car ends called "CAB FRONT" something like that.

problem i have just now is that i made them in Maya and 3Ds Max is freaking giving me network errors when installing -.-
You can try to export to Blender to Trainz. I don't think the exporter works on Maya.................

You can try to export to Blender to Trainz. I don't think the exporter works on Maya.................

Yeah, i most likely have to do that because (i know that it doesnt work on maya) 3DSMax also doesnt work with the exporter anymore since the last plugin is from goddamn 2012 >_> i still need to figure that stuff out...

Yeah, i most likely have to do that because (i know that it doesnt work on maya) 3DSMax also doesnt work with the exporter anymore since the last plugin is from goddamn 2012 >_> i still need to figure that stuff out...

I think just a basic export to OBJ, import to blender, then export to there.

I think just a basic export to OBJ, import to blender, then export to there.
Sounds easier then done... well i will see how i get it through...

//Edit:
I went through Gmax to get it in now, the textures are weird a little still and i am not sure about sizeing things right yet >_> cause that seems kinda small but eh...

o93kg4.jpg

//Edit2:
I just mentiond that searching for japanese train pictures in japanese is way more usefull... (DAMN YOU BRAIN FOR JUST NOTICING) thank you applocale \o/

Last edited:
Hey long time no see everyone!!
I see you got the trench scene done Nico. Nice. You even added the train car limit signs too. First time anyone has made those for stations.
Hirochi: is that the new Yameomte line train or the old one?
As for little old me, I really haven't had much time to work on my route but I did manage to finish the NS bridge that goes over the East Indavalley line. well take care everyone!!
d511cd4886f827eee7a1961e6d79e517.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I see you got the trench scene done Nico. Nice. You even added the train car limit signs too. First time anyone has made those for stations.

Well i got that segment of trench done xD... and also yes i will upload them as soon as i got them fixed completly... cause the texture is still a little weirding me out... (its gonna be scenery not trackside... unless someone wants to volunteer and tell me how i make it trackside...)

so yeah... get that little showcase map for the signs :3

244dyeu.jpg

//Edit:
The ****ing back of the signs right now is the colour of the edge of the front for whatever reason... and i whatever i try so far just freaking ****s up the front of it... UGH... gmax is gonna get me into a grave...

Last edited:
Nico those car stop posts look very cool, but if the texture is bothering you why don't you just change the texture in photoshop or gimp? EDIT: I thought the car stops were attached to the ceiling of the station, or at least in Japan.
Anyways for me my railroad crossings barriers didn't work so Im just going to stick with signals at the moment.

Nico those car stop posts look very cool, but if the texture is bothering you why don't you just change the texture in photoshop or gimp? EDIT: I thought the car stops were attached to the ceiling of the station, or at least in Japan.

First, the texture isnt bothering me in that way... its bothering me in the object way... so gimp nor photoshop can sadly fix those problems... and second to the ceiling part, yes they are too but not everywhere... i mostly have my informations from Densha De Go!... so yeah... thats probably as accurate as you can get from another game lol... i mean... they even have some that have LED lighting on em aswell lol...

//Edit:
Basically fighting with this issue the whole time... correct in gmax but totaly wrecked in trainz...
21km7sw.jpg

Last edited:
I have a little request does anyone think they could make a e231-800 that run on the Chuo-Sobu Line & Tokyo Metro Tozai Line? I hate to be a gimme pig but I would like to have these for a route I'm making but I couldn't model a train to save my life
220px-SeriesE231-800.jpg

TheNicofabi: It looks good and it will bring more variation to routes.
titanicchristo: Hirochi's E233-2000 looks pretty similar and if not since it runs on the Tozai line there might be an chance Andi might make it in the future since he already made the Tokyo Metro 05N which also runs on Tozai line.
You could ask Andi but it will be payware.

Last edited:
Here's some screens from a modification I made using the model train assets from Jointed rail and Trainz Forge. If only there were N scale versions of these assets, but that's okay there are some people who model in ho gauge. I just modified One of Keimei's two layouts.

oEEk4MZ.jpg

g6zFS2y.jpg

I may or may not upload this on the DLS if I can get approval from the JR, Trainz Forge members responsible for the content used in the route and the remainder of the content I intent to use to complete this route.

As I said earlier I'm making a fictional route called Meji Japan (in no relation to the Meiji Peariod) Meji is supposed to be 10km from Tokyo and is taking place during 2020 Tokyo Olympics and many of the athletes will stay in Meji.

I'd pay for Andi's stuff because it looks awesome, I thought awhile back he was going to release a Yamamote line and train set but the pre-pay was removed.

Marinemania: Keimei's layout could fit well for an modeltrainz scene but I do wonder to which dimension that door is going :hehe:, 'MRR: HO Wall' and 'HUGE wall brick grey, spline' can be used for walls incase you didn't find them yet, also search for DDD and C+ on the download station since it has alot of objects that can be usefull for modellayouts.

bogdy11: without serial number you can't acces the download station and I have never seen Hirochi and Keimei's (which have made the most for japan till now) trains/buildings somewere else except for download station.
You might be able to find an cheap copy of ts2009 online (amazon maybe?) if you can't find it in the stores anymore.

In the mean time I am working to understand why my content meshes are not able to be read by Trainz.

make your mesh part in the config file look like that mesh-table:

{
{
mesh "object.im"
auto-create 1
}
}

It should work then... or just right click on the mesh in the CCP and tick auto-creat

(atleast i think thats your problem?)

Back