Japan

Does anyone know a good replacement for the JPN1067 mm track? What are the 1067 tracks that are on the DLS? Any recommendations?

I'm maybe in for trying to make a TANE version of Electro Island. I will not go on the 'repair excursion' but instead try to replace the faulty assets. For the Shinkansen splines I can replace them all with Hirochi content. Because that works in TANE.

After replacing the only thing to do is waiting for the TS12 builtins to come over.

Still Main focus will be Electro Island 3.0. for Ts12.

TheNicofabi: Looks good, I think you use dl_1067mm tracks, maybe increase heights of tracks an bit or change colors of the tracks more towards the white concrete under it, maybe dl_1067mm_R50_16_trs09 for the stationtracks?

Pagroove: I use dl_1067mm from ‘de_lorian’ right now on my layout, there are 21 variants of the track inclusing rust variants, it does decrease performance an little (compared to my old NZR Track Main 42-70) but not as much as Nippon Senro tracks which reduce performance alot.
If you use the replace assets tool you can directly replace all tracks of one type with an new one.

So now about my route, I haven’t had alot of time lately but I have been able to replace most of the older tracks with dl_1067mm from ‘de_lorian’ and some results you can see in the next pics.
trainz%202015-07-15%2016-59-02-76_zpsihpihlil.png

The bridge towards Nagakaido.
trainz%202015-07-15%2017-03-39-08_zpsrt5cvh0h.png

The sections towards temporarily area Minato.
trainz%202015-07-15%2016-59-52-84_zpsk75mzz5j.png

Furusato-Higashi
trainz%202015-07-15%2017-01-04-29_zpso1tjdlga.png

Near Higashi station.
trainz%202015-07-15%2018-16-30-69_zpsixrhb1fd.png

Andi's new Keihan 5000
trainz%202015-07-15%2018-17-02-12_zpsypkkp9hz.png

Interior of Keihan 5000, what I find interesting of this train is that this is the rushhour variant were seats are placed infront of some doors of each carriage where only 3 out of the 5 doors open, you can see which doors in the previous pic, the upper part is painted in darkwhite.

Last edited:
@Acelaamtrak.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I wil try to replace the 1067mm tracks with the asset replacement tool. Nice trains!

I'm working to port Electro Island v 2.1. over to a 'Fixed' version for TANE. But already having fun with the Engine. The water is great. Now thats a real plus in TANE.

[1] Colden Landbridge

ETs1.png

[Colden Landbridge viewing North to Colden Shinkansen Station ]

ETs2.png

[Lake Okonimi with Shinkansen (N700) 1]

ETs3.png

[Lake Okonimi with Shinkansen and some people enjoying the view (N700) 2]

ETs4.png

Overview of Shin Okonimi with Lake Okonimi.

ETs5.png

nice beta model of the E235 but the front end looks like it got hit by a truck.. What line does this train run on?
pagroov; Gotta admit, the reflective water is really cool for TANE. I wonder about the trees though cause the ones on 12 kinda suck except for the JVC ones.
acelaamtrack: the new track have a nice earthy tone to them. In the second pic the two tracks vering off to the right. where do they go?

I've started to work on some of the animation for the gates and it's a pain, but it will be worth it!
Cool E235 Hiroshi, and I think thats just a reflection.

Last edited:
Wait what. I thought it was the e231-500 was the yamanote line!?!?
As for me I've started making Meji Japan a Large city on the ocean, with several train lines, and a lot of custom made content for the route made for Trainz12/TrainzMac2 (yes I know I'm still in Trainz mac but I plan to upgrade to TANE or TrainzMac2)
Hiroshi that is a cool train do you plan on doing the tv screens inside? I found a little information here about the train http://ajw.asahi.com/article/behind_news/social_affairs/AJ201503290024 .

Last edited:
Well... i went ahead and put some more arround it and decorated the train station a little and also got freaking interested about the night-ish mode o. o
343rl1g.jpg
34e3pc0.jpg

1zbfoky.jpg
2egbhwh.jpg
s5icdc.jpg
33kdcus.jpg

@The Nicofabi. Very nice details. Now keep at it ;). As for me I began a retrackage project for the Colden Shinkansen replacing the Concrete bridge01 by Hirochi Shinkansen bridge. The Concrete Bridge01 is fixable for TANE by the way but I cannot reupload the fixed version to the DLS as I'm not the author. So therefore I'm replacing tracks.

@pagrooe good to hear that things are fixable in TANE... and i basically finished the left side today... (since i dont intend to fully detail a module besides the only stuff you might look at from the tracks...) and since i gonna study ACS soon... i might aswell do models for TrainZ...

Hate to double post... but... i dunno if you guys know what those are and if you guys are even interested but thats basically what i just did to prepare a little upfront for the start of my uni...

i2vfaa.jpg

Hate to double post... but... i dunno if you guys know what those are and if you guys are even interested but thats basically what i just did to prepare a little upfront for the start of my uni...

Hi The Nicofabi. I don't know what these boards are but they look nice. Coulnd't be speedboards could it?

Back