Japan

So, taking advantage of the sales, i bought Trainz 2019

Welcome to TRS19. How are your frames?

For me the biggest plus of both TANE SP3 and TRS19 is that I can max out draw distance right up to 15 km+ on this. This makes a huge difference. My computer is fast enough that even in that situation with full scenery the frames stay up above 60fps.

Also Download the Electro Island Version with sessions for TRS 2019. I think you will like it.
And during the weekend (probably jus over the weekend due to the dLS approval proces) the Icarus 1.5. can also be enjoyed.

Fun times :D.

Here are the Kuid Numbers for Icarus Shinkansen v1.5. POB Trainz 12 SP4 version:

You also need those custom buildings. If anyone knows how to add night lighting to them then please help me out. I was not able to to that. But the buildings still look nice.

50653978146_f86d3ca39b_o.png
[/URL]

Icarus Shinkansen V1.5.POB Kuid Numbers
by pagroove, on Flickr[/IMG]

The following content is used by Matura. This content is not on the DLS:

50654084122_b84aebcc3c_o.png
[/URL]

Content Matura (not on DLS)
by pagroove, on Flickr[/IMG]

If you cannot find this content by searching this thread back you can safely delete this items from the route as it is non critical content. It won't affect the quality of the route in a negative way.

@ Matura (if you are still here)

If you are still browsing this forum I ask permission to make a content pack (.CDP) with two above items so that I can host those on my Google Drive so that users can easily redownload them or that u upload those two kuids to the DLS. Thanks. I will send you a pm next week after release.

Last edited:
Welcome to TRS19. How are your frames?

Eh...

Good enough...

Between 30 and 60 depending on the level of details. Coming from Trainz 12 where lag was unbearable in surveyor, this feels like heaven. Also the shades and lightning effects are a real leap forward from the ones of TZ12.

One thing is that i'm not really happy with the content manager, wich is a lot less user-friendly than the one of older trainz versions. I also think that the HUD of "cab mode" driving (practically the only one i use) is a bit too invasive, compared to the older ones wich were much smaller and on the upper right corner.

Also, a little sneak peek at a soon-to-be finished model...
Enoden2000.png

Good to hear. The Content Manager is a bit to get used to but once you are you are just as fast if not faster than the older versions with the plus that is almost never crashes and that it is much faster.

Nice to hear the frames are good and very nice tram :).

Just letting you know, I am have so much fun driving on the Icarus Shinkansen Route. I am enjoying driving on the Icarus Main Line the most.
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Even though the 15 Cars can't fit in this type of station, I made any Rapid Train 13 Cars length. I run express trains 8 Car length, and I run Local Trains 5 Car length.

It's also nice that's there some depots along the lines so I can place trains

I know this part is still in a "work in progress", but it was perfect to show the Shinkasen trains I will be using on the Icarus Shinkasen

Last edited:
Just letting you know, I am have so much fun driving on the Icarus Shinkansen Route. I am enjoying driving on the Icarus Main Line the most.
Even though the 15 Cars can't fit in this type of station, I made any Rapid Train 13 Cars length. I run express trains 8 Car length, and I run Local Trains 5 Car length.

It's also nice that's there some depots along the lines so I can place trains

I know this part is still in a "work in progress", but it was perfect to show the Shinkansen trains I will be using on the Icarus Shinkasen

Very nice to see. Keep them coming. It's so nice that my hard work pays of and people are enjoying it. That's the goal :D. Happy here.

I've just gotten permission by Matura to host the missing content. So When all versions of the route are up I will make a general release thread with all info like the Electro Island Tread and that then serves as the central info hub.

Just uploaded the Trainz 2019 Platinum version of the route.
People who do not have platinum can import the TANE version but then you have tweak the environment to get rid of for and weird water coolers but otherwise that would work also.

50659380433_f65cfed3b3_o.png
[/URL]Schermafbeelding 2020-11-29 om 11.55.54 by pagroove, on Flickr[/IMG]

Icarus Shinkansen v 1.5. POB TRS19 Plt uploaded

TRS19 Plt stands for Trainz 19 Platinum

While I tried my very best to reduce the unkowns (my dad beta tested on a clean install) I could not reduce them all.
I did use some signals from author Bloodnok which are from the ECML. I could not erase this signals from the route and replacing did not went well so I placed them back.

So to run the route properly in Trainz 2019 Platinum you have to own the following content:

Trainz 2019 Platinum
ECML (either from TANE you can then import that route in Trainz 2019 or bought on the Trainz Store)
Matura Content which I will make a link to in the release thread that goes up when all the routes are up (next week)

OR

You can delete all unknowns from the route. Only at the station of Hitomi Chuo then some signals go missing but I think the route should still work.

Also, a little sneak peek at a soon-to-be finished model...

And here it is completed - the Enoshima Electric Railway 2000 Series - made in collaboration with TreinspotterJefferey.

Enoden-2000-Series.png

From left to right: current livery (for refurbished cars, 2016-today), Coca-Cola advertisement livery (1996 and 2013-2017), original livery (1990-2018).

All the necessary dependencies should be included in this package or avaible on the DLS. Dependencies not mine belong to their respective authors.
Please note that this train was made in Trainz 2019, so it may not work properly on pre-T:ANE versions.

Download HERE - it will be avaible soon on my website.

The Enoden 2000 Series was introduced in 1990 to increase capacity on the Enoshima Line, wich was finally seeing an increase in ridership, but mainly to replace the old 600 Series, wich were Ex-Tokyu DeHa 80 tramcars from the Setagaya Line, built between 1950 and 1953 and bought second-hand by Enoden in 1970.

A total of just three articulated units (a total of six cars) was manufactured between 1990 and 1992 by Tokyu Car Co.
The 2000 Series was designed to be as close to the older 1000 Series as possible, so to simplify maintainance as much as possible. In fact, the 2000 Series shares most, if not all of both it's mechanical (bogeys, articulation, doors, bodyshell...) and electrical (pantographs, traction motors, the resistor control, driving cabs...) with the 1000 Series.

Nonetheless, the 2000 Series' appearance was extensively redesigned from it's predecessor: the main fetaure of the new train was the aereodynamic head with an huge panoramic front window, designed to enhance visibility of the line ahead.

The first unit, No°2001, entered service on the 24th of April 1990, winning in the same year both the national "Good Design Award" and the local "Fujisawa City Design Award". Units 2002 and 2003 followed suit in 1991 and 1992 respectively.

The 2000 Series was immediately well recieved, with the front panoramic window being extremely appreciated with both the line's passengers, for obvious reasons, and the drivers alike: the largely improved visibility proving extremely useful on a very difficult line, where drivers ought to have eyes on the back due to the numerous level crossing, tight clearances, street-running sections, cramped and crowded stations and many other dangerous spots - a situation further exacerbated in recent times by the large influx of massively unruly and undisciplined tourists.

Another very interesting fetaure of the 2000 Series was it's destination indicator; of the roller-blind type and stylishly placed between the headlights, given that it had to regularly display only two indications ("Fujisawa" and "Kamakura", the line's terminuses), Enoden's management decided to add a few small illustrations to the plain text, wich changed according to the season: cherry blossoms for spring, christmas trees for winter and so on. Therefore, the 2000 Series roller blinds ended up displaying four different seasonal variations of "Kamakura" and "Fujisawa".

In 2013, unit 2002 was fitted with side Coca-Cola advertisements on both cars, a replica of a similar advertisement that unit 2002 already carried in 1996.

By the mid-2010s, the 2000 Series had been serving well the Enoshima Line, but as the cars neared 25 years of age, Enoden decided to refurbish the three units, in a way similar to what had been done earlier to the 1000 Series.
The refurbishment included the changing of pantographs to a more modern single-arm type, the change of livery (from the nice original white and light-green one to Enoden's new standard one of dark green and cream), the fitting of new LED headlights in place of the old halogen lamp ones, and finally, the fitting of an LCD destination indicator, questionably on the top of the car rather than in the original position of between the lights. Luckily, the new LCD destination indicator kept the iconic "seasonal illustrations" of the older roller-blind.

The first car to be refurbshed was unit 2001, wich returned to service on the 28th of December 2016. Units 2002 and 2003 followed suit in 2017 and 2018 respectively.

As of today, all three 2000 Series units are still in service, all having being refurbished and therefore running only in the Enoden standard livery of dark green and cream. Currently, Enoden has no plans to replace the 2000 Series.

Trivia#1

When the 2000 Series was being designed in 1990, Tokyu Car Co.'s engineers tought to use single-arm pantographs in place of the older diamond/scisssor type ones, in order to save weight. The idea was later abandoned, as (depsite being a well-proven system in Europe), no Japanese railway had yet used a single arm pantograph in regular service. The first Japanese train to do so was JRF's EF200 electric locomotive in 1990, followed by Shin-Keisei Railway's 8900 Series in 1993 (both of wich used an european-style single-arm pantograph with a triangular-shaped upper section - Japan's first proper "T"-shaped single arm pantograph was adopted on JR Central's 373 Series, introduced in 1995).

Model Trivia#1

I started making this model with Trainz 2012 and i've finished it in Trainz 2019 (due to the former's content manager no longer working), meaning that this will probably (and hopefully) be my only model made using two different trainz versions

Model Trivia#2

My first articulated train model.

A huge thanks to AlexMaria for making the 2000 Series for my Enoshima line winch i am still working on! The route will be released when it's done, but that will still take a while. Here are some screenshots featuring the 2000 Series on my W.I.P. map.

Nice Pictures! Where did you get the buildings? Are they from Matura?
If not where can I find them?

Last edited:
Even though the platform is to short, the Local Train does serve Kitakazu

Express and Rapid trains doesn't stop here due to how short the platform is

Even though the platform is to short, the Local Train does serve Kitakazu

Express and Rapid trains doesn't stop here due to how short the platform is

Ah yes Kitakazu. That is a VERY small local station meant for 2 car consists. (3 cars max). But I sometimes do as you did and stop anyway. :)

Back