Japan

A test track route sounds interesting better yet it could be modified into a racing type layout where you could pit the worlds fastest trians against each other plus add some scenery along the way.

A test track route sounds interesting better yet it could be modified into a racing type layout where you could pit the worlds fastest trians against each other plus add some scenery along the way.

to be honest... I did made a test/racing track back on trainz driver 2. If you serach LudwigTails on YouTube. I did some trainz races on the route map as well and I uploaded on to DLS. Just search up rowletmaster on DLS then author. Then you could find me and there should be a race track somewhere. If you don’t know which one is then tell me or PM me.

Well... it’s just a test track. What did you excepted?

So you are asking what to expect. Well I can only speak for myself in that regard. But when I look for a route I look for a route with a least ground textures and some scenery. It doesn't have to be completely dense but I am looking for a route that a least has something special. Like some special landmarks for example.

I understand your enthusiasm to share. Please keep that. But on the other hand please also understand the other side of the 'empty route problem'. There are a lot of complaints elsewhere in the forums that a lot of people are uploading nearly empty routes. So routes with only a track and with no description. Would you download them?

So sure go ahead and upload it but please make sure you then describe at least the purpose of your project. If you are doing at least that then it will be far better received by the community.
You could go a step above that and include some textures, scenery and/or mountains so that people have 'something' to see. I really understand your problem about 'lag'. Especially older versions of Trainz 'lag'. But the newer versions on an appropriate computer should not lag that much.

I am not here to pose as an 'expert' builder but I only communicate what I've read here and there. What you will do with it is up to you. I hope you find it at least a bit informative and I wish you all the good luck with your route and I will follow it with interest. :).

*** TANE SP4 ***
SHINKANSEN Engine Available

JRH SHINKANSEN N700 Engine <KUID2:461543:100510:1> 2020/03/30 UP
JRH JR500 Engine <KUID2:461543:100537:1> 2020/03/03 UP
JRH LINEAR Engine2 <KUID2:461543:100298:2> 2020/04/01 UP

tane-sp4.jpg

*** TANE SP4 ***
SHINKANSEN Engine Available

JRH SHINKANSEN N700 Engine <KUID2:461543:100510:1> 2020/03/30 UP
JRH JR500 Engine <KUID2:461543:100537:1> 2020/03/03 UP
JRH LINEAR Engine2 <KUID2:461543:100298:2> 2020/04/01 UP

pic

Hirochi, you wonderfull man!

Thank you for coming back to fix this most unfortunate of problems!

Wow a very warm welcome back Hirochi-san. May you enjoy Trainz 2019 at your own tempo and pleasure. And Thank you VERY much for the new updated Shinkansens. :). どうもありがとう
(Dōmo arigatō). :).

I NEED 500 NOZOMI!!!

How many times we said in the past that demanding content is NOT done here. Really the guy returns after almost a year and the first you do is start demanding content. You know this is against the forum etiquette? Unbelievable behaviour.

Last edited:
Unbelievable behaviour.

Not just that. What's worse is, we already have a JR500. In fact, hirochi just showed it a page ago, and it has been on the DLS long enough for people to know about it without having to ask. A simple DLS search, or when in doubt, a google search, would have answered his request.
Sure, hirochi's JR500 is labelled JRH JR500 KODAMA on the DLS, but, unless I'm mistaken, there's no difference between the JR500's used on the Kodama and the Nozomi service, except for the destination signs maybe.

Not just that. What's worse is, we already have a JR500. In fact, hirochi just showed it a page ago, and it has been on the DLS long enough for people to know about it without having to ask. A simple DLS search, or when in doubt, a google search, would have answered his request.
Sure, hirochi's JR500 is labelled JRH JR500 KODAMA on the DLS, but, unless I'm mistaken, there's no difference between the JR500's used on the Kodama and the Nozomi service, except for the destination signs maybe.

Exactly!

The only thing that changes between a Kodama and a Nozomi 500 Series is nothing! They're the same exact train. As "Kodama" and "Nozomi" ("Hikari" too) are names of services, the only way to tell wich is wich would be to check on the destination indicators.
On commuter trains, with their large front destination boards, it might be noticeable, but on a 500 Seires (and all the other Shinkansen trains) the side destination boards are too tiny to make any difference (and there isn't one at the front).

In other words, the only way you can notice a thing this small on a 500 Series would be to actively searching for it, and this would be (No. it already is) just plain, simple, unnecessary and annoiyng nitpicking.

Is the term "rivet counter" still in use? We used to use it all the time when someone pointed out detailing flaws in an otherwise perfect model. But, that was physical model railroading, not virtual.

Bill

Alright at this point you guys are all just hating on me.
i clearly remember Hirochi saying that he would make a W5 set or aka a 500 nozomi after making the Kodama. I tried to said that crap before but you guys all just annoy me.

sorry.

JR500 NOZOMI 65%
01 modified KODAMA-01 +OLD TYPE CAB
02 modified KODAMA-02 -PANT
03 repaint KODAMA-03
04 repaint KODAMA-04
05 modified KODAMA-05 +TYPE-T PANT
06 repaint KODAMA-02
07 new
08 new GREEN CAR
09 new GREEN CAR
10 modified KODAMA-06 GREEN CAR
11 modified KODAMA-07 -PANT
12 repaint KODAMA-04
13 modified KODAMA-05 +TYPE-T PANT
14 repaint KODAMA-02
15 repaint KODAMA-03
16 modified KODAMA-08 +OLD TYPE CAB -CAB+INT

NOZOMI02.jpg

NOZOMI01.jpg

i clearly remember Hirochi saying that he would make a W5 set or aka a 500 nozomi after making the Kodama.

He did mention it only as part of a future schedule.

JR500 V2 (01-08) comp

Future's schedule
JR500 W5 (01-16)
JR500 KITTY
JR500 EVA
GTO-VVVF SOUNDS
HORN SOUNDS
ENGINE

But given that there is no difference between a Kodama and a Nozomi 500 Series (except for the destination boards and the consist - 8 cars in one, 16 in the other) you can already make your own Nozomi 500 Series.

Just pick the individual cars and make a consist like this:

Mc - M - 'Mp - M - M - M - 'Mp - M - M - M - 'Mp - M - M - M - 'Mp - Mc

Mc : motor car with driver cab
M: intermediate motor car
'Mp: intermediate motor car with pantograph on the left side.

(also, "W5" is a single set - No.5 of the "W"-type formations, wich were the 16 cars 500 Series for Nozomi services).

Look what you write yourself here. And look at HOW you put your request in post#5089:

I NEED 500 NOZOMI!!!

Now place yourself in the shoes of the content creator and a guy (you in this example) comes a long and ask for a train in the way YOU ask.

- Does is sound nice?
- Is the tone of voice nice ?
- Does such a tone make me motivated to create it right away if someone ask it in this way?
- Does repeating the demand or request makes you any more motivated?

I let you provide the answer.

Alright at this point you guys are all just hating on me.I tried to said that crap before but you guys all just annoy me.

You've asked for the content earlier but repeatedly asking an whining for content doesn't make content magically appear and certainly (indeed) doesn't make everyone like you. But using strong wording like 'hating on me' and 'I tried to said that crap' is a bit too much don't you think? And the one thing that is annoying is the endless repeating of the request for a 500 Nozomi which is essentially the same model with just another series lettering on the glass like W5 or W7. Yes like AlexMaria said he mentioned it as part of a planning but a content maker can make his own plans at his own pace.

We don't hate on you as a person but we don't like the way you put your wording. If you'd asked it in another way or asked nicely then there would be no problem. Most do that on this forum.

There is one simple unwritten rule and that is: Don't beg or demand for content. Ask nicely and be patient.

I let it rest from here.
I repeat that you are welcome here as long as you behave well. It's as simple as that.
Also your route: Please stay motivated developing is. Yes a test track can benefit some people. Just see my tips I made earlier as some tips and consider adding at least some textures or some background scenery to your route to make it more interesting OR describe it in the route description as a test track with no scenery to prevent lag.

Last edited:
Back