Japan

Hi All,
Please be aware that some posts of late may be breaching forum rules of conduct - I would hate for this great thread to be closed.
I suggest some folks take there agro elsewhere and stay on topic in these tough times.
Thank you.

alright so pagroove, i know you told me to see the engine in config.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]"kuid <kuid:461543:100514>
username "JRH N700S Supreme 01"
script "n700sp"
class "n700sp"
trainz-build 3.6
category-class "AE"
category-region "JP"
category-era "2010s"
kind "traincar"
engine 1
enginespec <kuid:461543:100510>
enginesound <kuid:338927:100288>
hornsound <kuid:140046:100324>
interior <kuid:461543:100092>
light_color 246,235,203
nightmode "lamp"
mass 40500
author "hirochi"
license "(C) 2018 by hirochi"
description "SHINKANSEN N700S 743-1003"
suspension-pitch-limit 0
suspension-roll-limit 0
cabinsway 0"

that above is my config for the N700S, so do I need to check the enginespec's kuid?
and then go to that kuid and then change its maxium speed?

[/FONT]

alright so pagroove, i know you told me to see the engine in config.

"kuid <kuid:461543:100514>
username "JRH N700S Supreme 01"
script "n700sp"
class "n700sp"
trainz-build 3.6
category-class "AE"
category-region "JP"
category-era "2010s"
kind "traincar"
engine 1
enginespec <kuid:461543:100510>
enginesound <kuid:338927:100288>
hornsound <kuid:140046:100324>
interior <kuid:461543:100092>
light_color 246,235,203
nightmode "lamp"
mass 40500
author "hirochi"
license "(C) 2018 by hirochi"
description "SHINKANSEN N700S 743-1003"
suspension-pitch-limit 0
suspension-roll-limit 0
cabinsway 0"

that above is my config for the N700S, so do I need to check the enginespec's kuid?
and then go to that kuid and then change its maxium speed?

Yes exactly:

And then in the engine spec scroll to 'motor' and change the part after max speed.

Code:
[COLOR=red][FONT=monospace]motor[/FONT][/COLOR]resistance                             [I]data[/I]
adhesion                               [I]data[/I]
maxvoltage                             [I]data[/I]
maxspeed                               [I]data[/I]
brakeratio                             [I]data[/I]
max-accel                              [I]data[/I]
max-decel                              [I]data[/I]
throttle-notches                       [I]data[/I]
axle-count                             [I]data[/I]
surface-area                           [I]data[/I]
moving-friction-coefficient            [I]data [/I]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace]air-drag-coefficient                   [/FONT][/COLOR][I]data[/I]

Above is pasted from the enginespec page of the Trainz wiki. http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/CCG/Engine

change the part at max speed. remember that is is in meters per second. You can calculate m/s tom km/h here: https://www.metric-conversions.org/speed/meters-per-second-to-kilometers-per-hour.htm.

After you edit the config file save the file with CRTL + S or choose save and then resubmit the engine file in Content Manager.

Let me know if you need more help.

いらしゃいませ , ひろち-さん! Apologies in advance by the rough attitude someone gave you.

We all missed you!

Also Pagroove did you ever made a video about you on Trainz 12? Cause if i remember you used 2009, TANE, 19.

Last edited:
~ a little work in progress ~

Tokyu1000.png

Also, welcome back Hirochi!

Last edited:
@AlexMaria:

@ AlexMaria Very Nice work. :)

ricardolucasandoval; Also Pagroove did you ever made a video about you on Trainz 12? Cause if i remember you used 2009 said:
Yes I essentially did some video's on Trainz Mac 2 which is Trainz 12 in the past.

But for the new route and an upcoming Electro Island Update I am dropping Trainz 12 support and go to TANE SP3 Minimum (and the Electro Island update is ONLY for Trainz 2019 Platinum and up while Icarus Shinkansen 2.0. will be for TANE SP3 and up)

Trainz 12 is old and slow by today's standards. I still build in Trainz 12 and then convert to higher versions but that process is very slow. So I want to take advantage of the far better performance in TANE and TRS2019 (read as better performance in my situation on my machine not in general)

So... I got some news? I guess. So the engine for the N700S is the same as the N700-8000. For the engine itself. I changed the max speed to 100.0000m/s. Tho when I tested it on the N700S, it could only go around 325kph. But when I tested it on N700-8000. It’s the one who went 360... so clearly I need to duplicate the engine to make them separate one normal (n700-8000)and another for N700S. I believe is the N700S’ config or something has problems because i tried to set it to 360kph. It doesn’t really work apart from the N700-8000. But trainz doesn’t let me duplicate the engine for some reason...

Also hirochi, might I tell you something about the shinkansen horn that you use for some of your shinkansens?. because when you press the horn button, the shinkansen horn just blasts out a huge noise or aka making Shinkansen horn sounds but earrape. Any how you could make a new horn but lower the volume for the horn sound?

You are really gimme piggy annoying lazy creature! Why do You bother authors all the time?! Repair it by yourselve, for what N3V invented tag "volume" for example? You yourself can make it as silent as desired without BOTHERING all around!

You are really gimme piggy annoying lazy creature!

You‘re not too far off with that description, but there was a much more diplomatic way of putting it.
This board has already been threatened with a shutdown for users breaching the Code of Conduct, and even though I just started being active on it, I‘d rather it not go down because of a mere response to one somewhat troublesome user.
Considering that this thread has been around since Connyxy was still active, it would be rather unfortunate if this was what brought it down.

Look, I am with Trainz some almost 20 years and during that time I recognized fully, that one of the major reasons why creators are leaving the scene is, when such as above mentioned one occures and starts to bother and annoy them. I consider the global level of discussing here on forum as calm and easy without any vulgarities so I see no point of thread closing threat. Any CoC supporting ignoring problematic individuals will not create any model, these annyoing elements just must be shut up by the masses. Thats all I wanted to say, I wish only infinity to this thread and entire forum for sure :) ;-)

@JAGG
I do agree with you on that point. For the sake of the whole content creation scene and this thread some measures must be taken, but we must still remain at least somewhat civil and let the moderators take care of this if these types of people don't get the hint.

So... I got some news? I guess. So the engine for the N700S is the same as the N700-8000. For the engine itself. I changed the max speed to 100.0000m/s. Tho when I tested it on the N700S, it could only go around 325kph. But when I tested it on N700-8000. It’s the one who went 360... so clearly I need to duplicate the engine to make them separate one normal (n700-8000)and another for N700S. I believe is the N700S’ config or something has problems because i tried to set it to 360kph. It doesn’t really work apart from the N700-8000. But trainz doesn’t let me duplicate the engine for some reason...

Sorry I forgot something.

When you change an engine spec on a Shinkansen then the engine spec on all cars have to be changed too. Otherwise Trainz 'sees' 2 engine specs for the consist and then the train speed is slower than you have programmed. Try making a train with only the trainer that you have changed. Test that and then edit the other trainers in the consist.

Last edited:
Nice pics of the upgrades Hirochi. The $64,000 question (At least for me) is are the upgrades only for the later versions of trainz beyond 12 or can they be used for TRainz12 too. If not, I'll just stick with what I got till I some how get a new trainz version.
BTW, How are things going with you with all this Corona virus madness going global and all?

Nice pics of the upgrades Hirochi. The $64,000 question (At least for me) is are the upgrades only for the later versions of trainz beyond 12 or can they be used for TRainz12 too. If not, I'll just stick with what I got till I some how get a new trainz version.
BTW, How are things going with you with all this Corona virus madness going global and all?

Hi there is a discount on TRS2019 now at the store.

As for Corona (try to keep that out of the thread but since you've asked). I'm working from home now. It doable despite somewhat slower Internet connections due to everybody else is also working from home. As for the crisis itself TIP: It is best to inform yourself once a day or the latest situation and then turn of the news and watch next day. Better for your mental health. :).

Well the reason I asked Hirochi about the Cronoa virus was that I've heard Japan was shutting down all of it's boarders so nothing comes in or go out untill the virus is gone. Needless to say that's greatly gonna affect the anime and manga fans world wide.
Ok back on topic and stuff. I'll have to put TRS2019 on the backburner for now. Higher priorites and all.
Be safe everyone!!

JRH SHINKANSEN N700 Engine <KUID2:461543:100510:1> 2020/03/30 UP
JRH JR500 Engine <KUID2:461543:100537:1> 2020/03/30 UP
JRH LINEAR Engine2 <KUID2:461543:100298:2> 2020/04/01 UP

tanesp44.jpg

Last edited:
Yamanote line personal update

Images are personal changes to the Yamanote line. This was payware and is no longer available.

2868-0b7b59d5.jpg

2867-b7d8172b.jpg

2869-b8d32980.jpg

@AlexMaria do you use Sketchup for all your Trainz content? I know the high poly-count on there usually turns most people away from it nowadays.

Back