Japan

SHINKANSEN N700S J3

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

N700S.jpg

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

The 700 series seems to be getting a lot of love and repaints this year. Is it the most popular of the bullet trains?

In service since 1999, almost 4000 vehicles built in 3 different variations (plus one for export)... I think it qualifies as the definitive Shinkansen train.

In service since 1999, almost 4000 vehicles built in 3 different variations (plus one for export)... I think it qualifies as the definitive Shinkansen train.

Yes and we have now 2 N700S sets in the making. A J0 set by Rizky and a J3 set by Hirochi.

That's pretty interesting. So there's no love for the Nozomi 500 now? LOL!!

There is a 500 series on the DLS, a bit old but still good.

The 500 series might be aestethically superb but it's technically horrendous, with it's cramped internal space due to the round airplane-like body and unreliable control equipment. It's also far more expensive to operate than the 700 series, this is the reason JR West (the original developer of this train) cancelled 500 series orders after just 9 sets (and reassigned them to slower Kodama services) in favor of the JR Central-designed 700 series built around the same time.

Wow I didn't know the 500 series fared poorly over the years. It was kinda like the poster child for the Shinkansen for a while. I got the one off the DLS already and I use it to cruise my Hyper express line on my layout. Oh well I guess it's nmow all hail the 700 series for now. Thnaks for the info!!

Wow I didn't know the 500 series fared poorly over the years. It was kinda like the poster child for the Shinkansen for a while. I got the one off the DLS already and I use it to cruise my Hyper express line on my layout. Oh well I guess it's nmow all hail the 700 series for now. Thnaks for the info!!

Hi Railshuttle. I want a new 500 too because the nose of the current one is inaccurate. But maybe just maybe Hirochi is working on it in secret because he said in his post of 20 May the following:

pagroove:
I'll take the Shinkansen(n700-8000 & 500) next month.
Upload of the n700-8000 & shinkansen500 will be after it.

But please be grateful of every train you get for free. I don't have time and skills to build it at this moment in life so I am grateful for every train.

As you probably know the Shinkansen 500 EVA (that I rode in april) livery is retired now and replaced by the Hello kitty 500 Shinkansen. So there is still a lot of love for these trains. I think the reason that they are designated as joyfull trains is because the high running costs in normal operation. And they are a tourist magnet. I rode the EVA 500 Shinkansen as a Kodama from Shin-Osaka to Himeji and it was full of train fans :).

Here a vid of the Hello Kitty 500 :) by Youtuber DR. YELLOW Movie by charonzoom.

Last edited:
Same here.

But wait, is it a reskin of the standard 500 series model from the DLS or you actually did build it from zero!?

And same here:clap::clap:

Looks like a rebuild. If you look at the nose it looks correct. The one on the DLS has its cockpit sticking too far out upward.

Electro-Pneumatic Brake Physic Test..
Since the trainz braking physics are so annoying especially when you drive an EMU using CAB mode. So I make this.
Not perfect, but much better than original trainz brake physic.

Next, I'll try to apply this script to other content like hirochi's E235, and E233-2000. hopefully it'll works.

Last edited:
Since the trainz braking physics are so annoying especially when you drive an EMU using CAB mode. So I make this.

Next, I'll try to apply this script to other content like hirochi's E235, and E233-2000. hopefully it'll works.

Really fantastic work. Fantastic train also the sounds and the route are Top Notch.

- VIDEO REMOVED -

The electro-pneumatic braking looks very promising. I cannot tell you how many times I have overrun a platform because of the standard trainz brake physics. The cabin looks outstanding for the 223系0番台, do you plan on it being payware?

Now this is something, and by the looks of it, you've managed to correct the sounds so that, when you set notch to 0, it will remain idle in the last point selected, and it won't go all the way back to 0, with this, I'm seriously thinking now moving back to Trainz.

I gave up trying to do the password for the E7 can someone help?
pass : kagayaki
but it seems not work on TS12.
btw, have you registered your serial number ? if you did but not appear on timeline go to CMP > settings > and enter your auran account there.

The electro-pneumatic braking looks very promising. I cannot tell you how many times I have overrun a platform because of the standard trainz brake physics.

lol, same here. Not only overrun, sometimes the train stop too early, so I have to go forward a bit more.
and finally ends up with overrun. :sleep:

The cabin looks outstanding for the 223系0番台, do you plan on it being payware?

Yes, it will come with route and sessions.

Back