Japan

Nice pics pagroov!! I really like the coast line views!!

Thank you. How is your new route coming along?

I also work on the revisited SIRL. I deleted all content that I didn't have (non DLS content) and will be rebuilding most routes. I do it as a Hobby Project. I will show a map in near future where you can see where I situated the SIRL in relation to the Icarus Gulf.

For others. The SIRL was an old Shinkansen and Japanese route by Railshuttle. When his computer crashed I had still a fairly recent copy and brought the project over to TANE. Currently that route also consist of a fantasy Shinkansen which is now 175 km long. But of course the current state is that it is not as detailed as the other Shinkansen routes. I plane one day to connect it with the other routes but that would be really in a far future.

Last edited:
Thank you. How is your new route coming along?

I also work on the revisited SIRL. I deleted all content that I didn't have (non DLS content) and will be rebuilding most routes. I do it as a Hobby Project. I will show a map in near future where you can see where I situated the SIRL in relation to the Icarus Gulf.

For others. The SIRL was an old Shinkansen and Japanese route by Railshuttle. When his computer crashed I had still a fairly recent copy and brought the project over to TANE. Currently that route also consist of a fantasy Shinkansen which is now 175 km long. But of course the current state is that it is not as detailed as the other Shinkansen routes. I plane one day to connect it with the other routes but that would be really in a far future.

Is there any way I could get the SIRL? I am seriously lacking in long and extensive 1066mm routes, let alone Japanese ones. Would be great if you could point me in the right direction i.e. a link to a download website, if I may.

Cheers,
pasha2

Is there any way I could get the SIRL? I am seriously lacking in long and extensive 1066mm routes, let alone Japanese ones. Would be great if you could point me in the right direction i.e. a link to a download website, if I may.

Cheers,
pasha2

It is long from being finished. But I could put up a preview version. It would be a very very early preview version though. If Railshuttle gives permission to that. It also would serve as online back up. Be aware that it is very empty. I added a lot of baseboards to fill in the gaps between the routes.

My other route Icarus Shinkansen will feature extensive 1066 mm network. Including Japanes Tram and subway routes. And of course the Shinkansen.

Well the new route is coming along fine just taking a while longer to work on it due to my busy schedule. One thing's for sure. when the two routes are connected, It's gonna be one very long Shinkansen ride. I should have some pics of the new layout up soon. As soon as pagroove makes the S.I.R.L more drivable, It will be ok to post up the beta version.

Last edited:
Some Icarus Shinkansen v2.0 (wip). freeplay with a nice blue Hirochi DMU and a Tokyo Metro 05. This video shows of the latest area's I've been working on :).

JPEG_20191110_125003.png

I got this game a few months ago. All i need is a freeloader to play this.

Some Icarus Shinkansen v2.0 (wip). freeplay with a nice blue Hirochi DMU and a Tokyo Metro 05. This video shows of the latest area's I've been working on :).

Oooh! Very interesting small terminus and road runner (sort of) line, I'll take a stab in the dark and guess it is a small branch-off line? It is also very well detailed in comparison to the latest Electro-island release, which inspires great hope for me!
One question though; is it going to be released on the DLS?
Buut anyways, take your time building it, after all, the detail there is a result of a large amount of time dedicated, and as such, keep up the good work! :D

some one please help me with this
click the link to see the image please

Hello. The reason that you get not an immediate reply from us is that you are not really clear in what you are trying to achieve. If I'm right you try to edit the properties of a Hirochi JR500. A few pages back I've read that you want to change the amount of passengers? Am I right?

If so then why would you want to do that. Do you try to make the train 100% full?

Anyway to try to answer your question. My experience is that when you try to edit the newer Hirochi trains and then commit the changes in TANE then you get certain script errors which are not solvable to my knowledge. But I ignore them anyway. The trains still work.

I assume you know that you have changes to toe config file itself which is a .txt file nested within a .cdp (content dispatcher pack) of a train?

1280px-Chichibu_Railway_DeKi_107_20090119.jpg

Anyone able to create one of the DeKi or ED units that some private railways have? Like, Chichibu for instance?
Would be nice as a freight and maintenance loco for a private Japanese railway setting.

Cheers,
pasha2

Anyone able to create one of the DeKi or ED units that some private railways have? Like, Chichibu for instance?
Would be nice as a freight and maintenance loco for a private Japanese railway setting.

I can try, after all, these are quite simple locomotives to make.

I can try, after all, these are quite simple locomotives to make.

Well, you can give it a shot if you want, would be nice.
I have a heavy WIP railway that has a private railway setting, that takes place in a city and mainly uses hand-me-down stock like former JNR 103s, Tokyuu 5000's, kiha 40's, etc.
Though, most of the assets I use for this are keimei's assets, primarily due to the textures that I find appealing in a retro-game like manner, and yes I am indeed using keimei's catenary JP IT series for this, so I would like a private railway electric unit that has pantographs that find under keimei's catenaries.
Nevertheless, take your time if you want to build it.

Cheers,
pasha2

Anyone able to create one of the DeKi or ED units that some private railways have?

Is an ED15 alright?

ED15_1_%28No_1_end%29_Hitachi_Mito_Factory_20170603.jpg

I already have a few reference images and a semi-completed 3D model ready.

These were built by Hitachi in 1926 in 3 units for the JGR, and ran until 1959.
Similar locomotives were also delivered to private railways: Fuji Minobu Railway (acquired by the JGR in 1941, nowdays it's the Minobu Line of JR Tokai) bought 3 locomotives (Class 210, when transferred to JGR they became Class ED21), Nambu Railway (acquired by JGR in 1944, nowdays it's the Nambu Line of JR East) bought 4 locomotives (Class 1001, when transferred to JGR they became Class ED34 and later ED27, and one unit was sold to Gakunan Railway in 1969) and most importantly, Nagano Electric Railway, wich bought 3 locomotives (Class ED5000, wich were used until 2006).

Back