Japan

The only version of the N'EX I'm aware of is the 259 series by hirochi-san. I'm not sure about the 253 series version though.

-trainman184

japan421.jpg
japan422.jpg
japan423.jpg
japan424.jpg

Have not changed the roads yet, tell me what you think, only the first station, will have to ask permission to distribute when finished, still not sure about re-texturing.

Tom

@railshuttle, I believe it is, however I'm no expert. It should work in TS2009 and up, author is hirochi, and is on the DLS. Edit: It is the 259 series trainset.

@tdstead, Looks very good so far! :D

-trainman184

Last edited:
@ tdstead: It looks good and special. A bit like a Japan in the desert.
@ railshuttle: Narita Express Series 259 by Hirochi is I believe on the download station.

Acelaamtrack asked me a long time ago to provide a map of my layout. At that time I felt the layout was not ready because not all baseboards where filled. Yesterday I reached the milestone of filling al 645 baseboards.

At the moment I'm preparing a v1 version (for Trains 2009 only) release but I have to do optimizing work. So a release is still about 3 months of. The reason that I posted this in the Japan forum is that there will be 2 complete Japanese routes (amongst many other routes) in version 1 of the lay out. When a release is imminent I will open a seperate thread.

Last night I made a map and line diagram of the Colden Shinkansen Line. Blue is Nozomi services with limited stops. Serviced by 700-series and 500-series trainsets. Red is Kodama services serviced by the Shinkansen-0. Line length is 54 km and line speed is 220 km/u.

And now the map:

Coldendiagram.png

At my map I'm also running a repainted 700 series. I repainted the 700 to a 'normal' train set. It's not perfect. I did not upload it to the DLS because if I do it has to be good and I have to get permission. But here's a screenshot.:

n700rpaint.png

Updated Trees and textures, only working on it slowly, maybe hill behind park on branch needs re-texturing?, any idears to make it better accepted

japan21.jpg
japan22.jpg
japan23.jpg

thanks for the info for the nen N-EX. I'll be hitting the download station soon. just trying to hold out for some Japan stuff trains 12. that's quite a layout you're making pagroove good luck with it. quick question. is there any paintshed skins for the default EF81 japan electric freight engine (The red one with the big EF81 in white letters on it's side) was wondering if they had the blue and cream version. tdstead: what version of trains are you using to make that layout? maybe add a parking lot for the cars and some stop signs for the intersections.

While it's not really anyone's place to tell you what to model next, It would be amazing to see some strictly Japanese track made.

There's like a small handful of 42 inch track on the download station. And that doesn't really include things like bridges and tunnels. What would be awesome to see is more elevated concrete tracks. Like double, single and ones with no concrete sidewalls so we can have elevated stations.

Yesterday I made this enginesound for the Shinkansen 0. It's in finetuning now. Will upload when content.
Here's a little demo. It is not yet up at the download station yet.

@ tdstead: It looks good and special. A bit like a Japan in the desert.
@ railshuttle: Narita Express Series 259 by Hirochi is I believe on the download station.

Acelaamtrack asked me a long time ago to provide a map of my layout. At that time I felt the layout was not ready because not all baseboards where filled. Yesterday I reached the milestone of filling al 645 baseboards.

At the moment I'm preparing a v1 version (for Trains 2009 only) release but I have to do optimizing work. So a release is still about 3 months of. The reason that I posted this in the Japan forum is that there will be 2 complete Japanese routes (amongst many other routes) in version 1 of the lay out. When a release is imminent I will open a seperate thread.

Last night I made a map and line diagram of the Colden Shinkansen Line. Blue is Nozomi services with limited stops. Serviced by 700-series and 500-series trainsets. Red is Kodama services serviced by the Shinkansen-0. Line length is 54 km and line speed is 220 km/u.

And now the map:

Coldendiagram.png
nice. Hey I saw like a suburban type loop line in the video. was that inspired by the Osaka loop or the Yamamonte loop line? could you show us a video of it in the future and will there be plans for a freight line somewhere?

Railshuttle thought I got rid of the Desert feel, been using the textures from Kiha and it as a sample to help me, maybe needs more ground coverage spaines of grass and scrubs?

Tom

Last edited:
you need to search a little harder i think try 3f6, 3ft6 42" Most are NZ or QLD but there is also some default items that have had there track changed. also Have a look at Trainzone there is a couple there as well.

Tom

While it's not really anyone's place to tell you what to model next, It would be amazing to see some strictly Japanese track made.

There's like a small handful of 42 inch track on the download station. And that doesn't really include things like bridges and tunnels. What would be awesome to see is more elevated concrete tracks. Like double, single and ones with no concrete sidewalls so we can have elevated stations.

Railshuttle thought I got rid of the Desert feel, been using the textures from Kiha and it as a sample to help me, maybe needs more ground coverage spaines of grass and scrubs?

Tom
Austrailia's got some pretty interesting and colorful textures and Germany does too. I really like the Dub trees. but ultimatly it's up to you about how the senery will go. say what version of trainz are you using to make this? I'm still trying to work with trainz 12.

Hello people.
I wanted to thank you for the awesome content. My younger brother (who has autism) is a big fan of Trainz and since we bought TS12 a few days ago, I decided to give it a go too. I like japanese trains and scenery and I honestly wasn't expecting to find much content online. To my surprised, there was plenty!
We have been having a lot of fun on the "kiha Japan" route by Keimei-san while I learnt the ropes of the game. I hope I can also create and share content when I become more skilled.
Thank you!

Items !

All DLS Search for JP KBD Japan in CMP or you can search for the authors..

Tom

Hi, first off, im a MEGA fan of the Japanese ! all the technology ! those are absolutely wonderful pics ! is there any chance you could tell me where you got the buildings with the adverts on (the big ones in the background) and/or send them me please ?

Thanks,

:DGangsta_Boi:D

nice. Hey I saw like a suburban type loop line in the video. was that inspired by the Osaka loop or the Yamamonte loop line? could you show us a video of it in the future and will there be plans for a freight line somewhere?

I have 2 looplines. But the Japanese one is indeed inspired by the Yamanote loop. I will show some of it in the future.

I like to thank Mr (or Miss) Keimei for converting the Kihas and the classic 103 electric commuters to be playable for Trainz 12. I hope the modern commuter trains and the bullets get upgraded for trainz 12 in the future.

Back