Japan

If i could, i'd make the Class 395... but i'm hopeless when it comes to modelling curved surfaces, and the Class 395 has practically no straight lines...

Furthemore i'm currently out of ideas of what to make, therefore i'm tecnically open for requests...

If you want to stick to Japanese stuff why don't you take a crack at some of the tourist trains? There are so many? Whether you go for something elaborate like the 7* of Kyushu or something more basic like the Tamadensha?

If you were wanting to try British stuff, our freight is a little more rectangular - Look at something like the class 68, though you might have a challenge with the slanted front.

EMUs/DMUs you have less curvy but kinda curvy stuff like the Class 180 or the Class 175. The 175 is a lot straighter.

Otherwise for a challenge try some infrastructure stuff? I'm assuming you have tampers and things of that ilk there?

If you want to stick to Japanese stuff why don't you take a crack at some of the tourist trains? There are so many? Whether you go for something elaborate like the 7* of Kyushu or something more basic like the Tamadensha?

If you were wanting to try British stuff, our freight is a little more rectangular - Look at something like the class 68, though you might have a challenge with the slanted front.

EMUs/DMUs you have less curvy but kinda curvy stuff like the Class 180 or the Class 175. The 175 is a lot straighter.

Otherwise for a challenge try some infrastructure stuff? I'm assuming you have tampers and things of that ilk there?

Thanks for the suggestions! Yes, tourist trains might be interesting to make, or maybe even one of their predecessors, JR and JNR's Joyful Trains...

Regarding British stuff, i actually have quite a liking for Mk3-type stock made by the glorious BREL, such as the classes 321, 317, 455 and 150 - the Class 321 (in the Network SouthEast Livery) is actually my favourite British train, and one of my favourites overall, so if i'd ever be to make British stuff, it'll be these kind of classes.

Infrastructure and maintainance equipment such as tie tampers are quite interesting, but a bit too complex, and hardly "usable" in a simulation "way". I could give a try on "Inspection Trains" such as Keiyo Railway's KuYa 900 and DeYa 900 Serieses, or Keikyu's DeTo 11/12 and DeChi 15/16 Serieses "electric self-propelled maintainance freight cars" instead...

Thanks for the suggestions! Yes, tourist trains might be interesting to make, or maybe even one of their predecessors, JR and JNR's Joyful Trains...

Regarding British stuff, i actually have quite a liking for Mk3-type stock made by the glorious BREL, such as the classes 321, 317, 455 and 150 - the Class 321 (in the Network SouthEast Livery) is actually my favourite British train, and one of my favourites overall, so if i'd ever be to make British stuff, it'll be these kind of classes.

Infrastructure and maintainance equipment such as tie tampers are quite interesting, but a bit too complex, and hardly "usable" in a simulation "way". I could give a try on "Inspection Trains" such as Keiyo Railway's KuYa 900 and DeYa 900 Serieses, or Keikyu's DeTo 11/12 and DeChi 15/16 Serieses "electric self-propelled maintainance freight cars" instead...

I used to watch Japan Railway Journal (still do from time to time) and have seen so many of the wonderful tourist trains Japan has so there is so much scope and variety available to be made. I just googled JR East's Joyful trains - there are also some pretty nice models on there too.

There's a lot you can do with the slightly older British stuff - take a look at what's out there already. The good thing about you doing any of those trains are that they provide more British content. The 321 is a nice train, kind of close to me as I lived somewhere for 11 years where this was the service that was used originally under Silverlink then London Midland before they updated their fleet. Of the classes you've mentioned there are a lot of good liveries you can create, and of course NSE is a nice livery. I always thought that blue was pretty nice.

True you can't properly simulate the effect of tampers. The best engineering vehicles I've ever seen were made by a Czech guy way back in 2004, but someone basically stole his work from him so he wound up deleting everything and they're no longer available which is really sad because they were excellent. Inspection trains could be good, plus they'd give Dr. Yellow a bit of company. The NMT is also available on the DLS too.

There's definitely a lot of room to create mk3 and mk3-derived content for Trainz, especially if you plan to make something with an interior. A lot of the existing content either hasn't got an interior at all or it's very outdated, and made by content creators that have for the most part moved on from Trainz completely.

There's definitely a lot of room to create mk3 and mk3-derived content for Trainz, especially if you plan to make something with an interior. A lot of the existing content either hasn't got an interior at all or it's very outdated, and made by content creators that have for the most part moved on from Trainz completely.

I agree with this.

Sound Good in Otsuka Station :D

Yamanote-Line.jpg

say i wonder...

are there any Japanese based routes that in your opinion is the best and would recommend me?
I have pagroove's electro island btw

Hi @Alexmaria, just to let you know the Google Drive link to your JR East 301 series on your website doesn't seem to be working properly.

Hi @Alexmaria, just to let you know the Google Drive link to your JR East 301 series on your website doesn't seem to be working properly.

Ah, my bad. I've fixed the download links and now it should be working correctly.

say i wonder...

are there any Japanese based routes that in your opinion is the best and would recommend me?
I have pagroove's electro island btw

There were quite a few good Japanese routes avaible in the past, but i'm not sure if they still are.

By memory, the Nambu Branch Line should be avaible on rizky's website, while the Nambu Line (from Fuchu-Honmachi to Nishi-Kunitachi) and the Osaka Loop Line (Osaka to Kyobashi if i'm not wrong) were avaible avaible for download a bit back in this forum, but i'm quite sure the download links do not work anymore...

These three were very high quality, and sure worth the download.

A while back (last year, if i'm not wrong) i also posted the download a quite-uncomplete version of the Nagoya Municipal Subway Tsurumai Line: the trackage was all there and complete - the tunnelling and the stations not; altough here too i'm not sure if the download link is still working.

Some new shot form my newest route. I finally got the chance to take the Azusa out for a spin on the Orange line. I don't think I got the car constant quite right though I'll have to edit it.
latest-blue-line-station.jpg
new-stop-2.jpg
freight-vs-commuter.jpg
taking-the-Asusa-out-for-a-drive.jpg

Very nice Railshuttle.

Here are some new shots from me.

First a couple of the city of Awaji and Awaji Shinkansen and Main station. This area is 85% finished. Then some from the city of Icaruko. This is very WIP (Work In Progress). And some bonus shots with the Icaruko Metro. A train that AlexMaria made for me based on the Tokyu 5080.
As always. Link to Full album:https://flic.kr/s/aHsmR6Teon

Building is going slow due to conversion upwards from TRS12>TANESP3>TRS2019. Each time I buildI have to go though this conversion proces.
I am now on iteration 69. So that means I really have done this whole conversion proces 69 times to keep it compatible with all versions from Trainz 12 to 19. To be honest I could build much faster if I only stuck to TANE and upwards.
At this point I am really considering dropping Trainz 12 and Trazin Mac 2 support. This programs are old and work slow on a newer machine. And by the looks on this forum most people also have upgraded or am I wrong?

How many people are using Trianz 12 still to drive here?

50402812922_56b366413d_h.jpg
[/URL]

TRS19_2020_09_30_23_38_16_930
by pagroove, on Flickr[/IMG]

50402812832_1622d71e50_h.jpg
[/URL]

TRS19_2020_09_30_23_38_51_003

50402653051_a592ba5343_h.jpg
[/URL]

TRS19_2020_09_30_23_39_04_567

50402652586_efb1796315_h.jpg
[/URL]

TRS19_2020_09_30_23_40_58_555

Now Icaruko Terminal (VERY WIP). Endpoint nr 1 of the Icarus Shinkansen (the other being Icaruko Airport). The E6 on the Pick can continue as Mini Shinkansen over the Normal Network to Airport also. There is a Gauge changer on the end of the station (kitbashed of course).

50401956238_65bebcad77_h.jpg
[/URL]

TRS19_2020_09_30_23_55_04_736

50402810667_a32bbabb14_h.jpg
[/URL]

TRS19_2020_09_30_23_56_09_316

The Icaruko Metro made by AlexMaria based on some textures I've sent him.

50402811017_1d7201604f_h.jpg
[/URL]

TRS19_2020_09_30_23_54_08_023

50402811292_58b9c01651_h.jpg
[/URL]

TRS19_2020_09_30_23_52_09_632

APA Hotel made by me. :).

APA Hotel is one of the big Japanes Hotel companies.

50402812142_10ab43c2d1_h.jpg
[/URL]TRS19_2020_09_30_23_43_41_716 by pagroove, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:
Very nice Railshuttle.

Here are some new shots from me.

First a couple of the city of Awaji and Awaji Shinkansen and Main station. This area is 85% finished. Then some from the city of Icaruko. This is very WIP (Work In Progress). And some bonus shots with the Icaruko Metro. A train that AlexMaria made for me based on the Tokyu 5080.
As always. Link to Full album:https://flic.kr/s/aHsmR6Teon

Building is going slow due to conversion upwards from TRS12>TANESP3>TRS2019. Each time I buildI have to go though this conversion proces.
I am now on iteration 69. So that means I really have done this whole conversion proces 69 times to keep it compatible with all versions from Trainz 12 to 19. To be honest I could build much faster if I only stuck to TANE and upwards.
At this point I am really considering dropping Trainz 12 and Trazin Mac 2 support. This programs are old and work slow on a newer machine. And by the looks on this forum most people also have upgraded or am I wrong?

How many people are using Trianz 12 still to drive here?

Looks great! I have your other route which I enjoy. I'm biased, as I have TRS19, but I personally believe it's really up to you to build this in any version you want. I agree, that 12 is outdated, to say the least. TRS19 would still be more than fair for freeware, if you ask me. One has to consider that on an older rig, with older software, it wouldn't run well either, but that is just my humble opinion.

Looking forward to release time :D Keep up the great work!

Gisa

Very cool shots pagroove!! Your cityscapes are the best I've ever seen so far.
I'm still using trainz twelve cause of the TONS of stuff I've gotten for it I hear they are gonna be updating Trainz2018 again and I've given up the "keeping up with the Jones" mentality. Eventually, I'll get a newer version but not every freaking year!!

Thank you all. From what I am reading most people are planning to upgrade.

I'll think I am upping the minimum spec to TANE SP3.

So this means I will probably support only TANE SP3 and TRS 2019. But as you have seen in the screenshots there is still a lot of work to do. So it is not coming any time soon ( so lot's of time to upgrade) But upping the version also mean I can work faster. Less conversion jobs and surveyor isn't as lagging as it is in TS12.

Back