Japan

For some unknown reason, my Nozomi and Railstar Shinkansens have gone faulty with an unknown content error: 117608:70025

Does anyone know what this is? I am nearly certain I had it at one time, but can't find it now.

Bill

Dont worry HiBaller the railstars can be found on the DLS if you search Oditec (Kenichiro's model)
Or Hirochi (Better version of Kenichiro's)

JR500 REPAINT

jr500-repaint.jpg

I just tried these out today and I honestly think they're awesome Hirochi since I personally think these are far more superior than the older version which I'm used to driving. My opinion on fictional repaints however, I think these would also look nice in the DB ICE colors since the JR 500 was made by the same industrial designer, Alexander Neumeister who helped design the ICE 3/Siemens Velaro. He also designed the Hitachi Javelin and Hitachi Super Express for the British market and the Transrapid Maglev. I usually keep forgetting his name, but I will remember him by the high speed creations which he helped make possible and he really did help bringing high speed rail into the 21st century.

Thank you for creating such awesome models!

Last edited:
Oh so that's the name of that train. Thnaks for the info. Better head to the DLS and grab them all. Damn!! Now I really miss my SIRL layout. It would've bee nthe perfect testing ground. Oh well......

RIP E4 Series Shinkansen its about to be its last run somewhere around September 2018 😪😟 gg
(I tought its last run was going to be somewhere in 2021 or 2023)
also one of my fav Shinkansen

Ok what ive heard is that theyre replacing the E4 Series with the E5/E6 Series. Sincerely it was going to be the E7 Taking service down the Joetsu but they cancelled it.

Ok what ive heard is that theyre replacing the E4 Series with the E5/E6 Series. Sincerely it was going to be the E7 Taking service down the Joetsu but they cancelled it.

I used to like the E4 series because one of the characters from the Transformers: Robots In Disguise (2001 TV series) was based on this train, but I later like the E2 (also the Chinese CRH2) and the 200 Series which was before the better looking E7 came. It's a shame that the original Shinkansen trains of JR East (East Japan Railway Co.) are getting replaced, but I personally think the E7 is the best looking out of all the newest JR East trains.

Last edited:
I used to like the E4 series because one of the characters from the Transformers: Robots In Disguise (2001 TV series) was based on this train, but I later like the E2 (also the Chinese CRH2) and the 200 Series which was before the better looking E7 came. It's a shame that the original Shinkansen trains of JR East (East Japan Railway Co.) are getting replaced, but I personally think the E7 is the best looking out of all the newest JR East trains.

Ah you mean (I think his name was Midnight Express right?) Team Bullet train's leader was a Nozomi 500 and I think J7 was the Railstar train.
Any word on the fate of the Komachi Bullet trains?

The E4 was indeed originally planned to be replaced by the E5, but it was later decided to replace it with the E7 series to standardize the rolling stock on the northwestern group of shinkansen lines.

In fact, the Hokuriku Shinkansen is just a direct extension of the Nagano Shinkansen (name no longer used), wich is itself a branch of the Joetsu Shinkansen.

Standardizing rolling stock means easier, simpler, more efficient and cost-effective maintainance.

A similar treatment will be given to the Tohoku Shinkansen, replacing the remanining E2s with E5s.

Any word on the fate of the Komachi Bullet trains?

The Komachi rather than a train itself, is a service: the one connecting Tokyo to Akita via the Tohoku and Akita shinkansen lines.

About the rolling stock, as of today (and for the forseeable future) the Akita shinkansen is formed by a 7-car E6 series (Tokyo-Akita) coupled to a 10-car E5 series (Tokyo-Morioka only).

Formerly it was operated by E3 series (5-car sets from 1997 to 1998, 6-car sets from 1998 onwards, retired in 2014) trains coupled with either a 10-car 200 series (from 1997 to 1999), 10-car E2 series (from 1997 until the E3 retirement in 2014) or with an 11-car E5 series (2009 to 2014).

Retired E3 series trains, starting from 2008, were refurbished, renumbered int the E3-2000 series and transferred to the Yamagata shinkasen (the other mini-shinkansen line) to replace the 400 series introduced with the line opening in 1992 (fully retired by 2010) and to supplement the E3-1000 series, wich were built especially for that line in 1999 when it was extended from Yamagata to Shinjo.

All of the E3s are still in service on Yamagata shinkansen duties, and after the 2014 refurbishment, there are no plans to replace them in the future.

Surplus E3s were also used for special shinkansen trains, namely the Toreiyu Tsubasa and the Genbi Shinkansen tourist trains.

== JR500 REPAINT == Available DLS

JRH JR500 ITALO 01 <KUID:461543:100546>
JRH JR500 ITARO 02 <KUID:461543:100551>
JRH JR500 JAVELIN 01 <KUID:461543:100547>
JRH JR500 JAVELIN 02 <KUID:461543:100552>
JRH JR500 ICE 01 <KUID:461543:100549>
JRH JR500 ICE 02 <KUID:461543:100553>

repaint.jpg

repaint2.jpg

repaint3.jpg

Im planning to do a route on where the JR East shinkansens operate on the east
coast of the U.S. Ive already made a starting point which is New York. though i dont
know where its last stop gonna be, which im still thinking about.

Last edited:
Wow I was on a little vacation to London and now I am back and I see all kind of niceness. Hirochi very nice work on the 500 and all the fun repaints. @Normhart. Nice to see you are enjoying my route along with the Hirochi bullet trains.

Everyone else: Also very nice pics and train trivia. :).

Back