Page 407 of 419 FirstFirst ... 307357397405406407408409417 ... LastLast
Results 6,091 to 6,105 of 6274

Thread: Japan

Here are a few screenshots from me:

"It's spring 1987 - JNR's privatization is just around the corner. Morning rush hour, somewhere on the Chuo Line, between Mitaka and Nakano: an almost-empty TRTA 8000 Series, "borrowed" from the Hanzomon Line to act as a stop-gap until the first 05 Series trains enter service, runs towards Mitaka, and it's about to be overtaken by an orange 201 Series running a rapid service to Takao. Between the two, one of the few Chuo-Sobu Line Yellow 201s heads towards central Tokyo, packed with commuters, while in the background, a 183 Series can be seen rushing towards Shinjuku on one of the line's many "Morning Liner" services."

Now, let's head a bit more west, to the Kansai region.

"It's 1978 and two Hankyu trains are meeting on the Kobe Line: a 2000 Series headed to Osaka-Umeda and a 3000 Series rushing towards Sannomiya and Kobe on an express service. We're at the peak of the Japanese economic miracle: soon this area will be all built up with office towers and condominiums - land around the railway here is simply too valuable."

Finally, let's go a bit eastwards.

"It's the mid-2000s, somewhere around Nagoya, one of the last strongholds of JR Central's 113 and 115 Series trains. Soon both serieses will be retired from service being replaced by the 313 Series - a fairly modern and versatile EMU that however lacks all the charm and history of these trustworthy and almost indestructible JNR-designed suburban trains."

And finally, a status report: I've completed the first five DE10 for the "Joyful Trains" pack.
    From left to right: JR Shikoku "Island Express Shikoku" livery, JR East "Sylpheed" and "Nostalgic Wiew Train" liveries and the JR Hokkaido old "Norokko" livery, unit 1690 in the steam-locomotive-like all-black livery and the new "norokko" livery.

Last edited by AlexMaria; February 26th, 2021 at 04:55 PM.
    My trainz downloads are here and my youtube is here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AlexMaria View Post
    Here are a few screenshots from me:
    Very nice shots @ AlexMaria
    Last edited by pagroove; February 26th, 2021 at 06:02 PM.

Those are some really amazing screenshots AlexMaria.
    Got a question (or two) though.
    Where did you get the powerlines in the second picture. I've never seen those. They got the red flashers on them.
    Any chance you'll do the DD51 diesels sometime in the future?

@AlexMaria verry nice screenshots! Also great to see more DE10 liveries!
    Visit my website for Asian and African trainz content!

Blog Entries

Guys this weekend it is time for the 2nd Icarus Shinkansen building snapshots to be shared

Friendly warning:

If you have made any modifications to the route please make sure you clone the personal version of the route and save a .cdp on your HD in a Trainz personal .cdp backup folder. I am not responsible for any damage to your personal mods if you just overwrite your modded route.

Thank you all! I've made three more DE10 variants today - there are only a few left to complete the "Joyful Trains" pack, so i hope to relase it next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Railshuttle View Post
    Got a question (or two) though.
    Where did you get the powerlines in the second picture. I've never seen those. They got the red flashers on them.
    Any chance you'll do the DD51 diesels sometime in the future?
    The perspective of the second picture tricks a bit, but the "red flasher" object is actually a radio antenna: "sotovaya matcha 2", wich the Content Manager shows as Built-In for TZ2019. It should be included among the dependencies of Rizky's Nambu Branch Line route.

Actually, all the previous screenshots (except for the DE10 one) are taken on Rizky's Nambu Branch Line, wich i managed to "disguise" by carefully placing shots in different areas of the map.

About the DD51s - i'm not planning a complete new "build-from-zero" as the already existing Kenichiro model has stood well the test of time, and it's perfectly adequate almost 15 years after it was made. I was thinking of doing a reskin pack sometime in the future instead, as these wore only five liveries during their career (JNR standard one plus the JR Freight blue livery for refurbished locos, JR Central "euroliner" livery, JR Hokkaido "Hokutosei Livery" and JR Freight's standard red and gray livery for diesel locomotives).
    My trainz downloads are here and my youtube is here.

Tried out the Keihin-Tohoku Line by TreinspotterJeffrey

I am enjoying taking pictures even if it's in work in progress

Blog Entries

S2H HITACHI COLOR

Wow Hirochi! That's more awesome!

Blog Entries

While making up names for little stations on the Icarus Main line I stumbled uppon this Japanese Stationboard generator. Maybe this comes in handy for someone.
    https://gigazine.net/gsc_news/en/201...you-generator/

Blog Entries

Icarus Shinkansen v2.0. Building Snapshot 2 is out:

Download Link via WeTransfer (Link stays up 6 days and then will be automatically deleted)

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/4eb...8134214/e21b9e

There are 2 .cdp's. One for TANE SP3 and up and one for TRS2019 Platinum and up.

I will post later this day some screenshots and point out what the major changes on the route are. The Icarus Main Line is now extended to about 9 a 10 Kilometer South of Kitabiko.

Have fun and don't forget my earlier warning to backup your own modded version of the route if you want to keep that.

ALSO:

Check in surveyor if there are any dependencies that are available for download. For the unkowns (again they are non-critical): chose edit route, and delete all missing assets from the menu then save under a new name.
    Last edited by pagroove; February 28th, 2021 at 08:51 AM.

Blog Entries

What is new in Icarus Shinkansen v2.0. Building Snapshot 2?
    (with screenshots)

- Enhancements of the lcarus Main Line just South of Kitabiko stations. More details on the 2 (yet) unnamed stations
    - Other lines also extended (yet to be named)

- New Terminal Kitabiko Eki.

This is a large Terminal stations in Kitabiko giving you some options to terminate trainz. Not 100% finished (all trackmarks have to be done in future) but you can terminate trains yourself for now:

Screens:

[IMG]Action @ Minami Eki by pagroove, on Flickr[/IMG]

Overview:

[IMG]Minami Eki by pagroove, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]Minami Eki at the terminal by pagroove, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]

Minami Eki 7 eleven on the first floor concourse
    by pagroove, on Flickr[/IMG]

From there the line continues to the Tenji shi tetsu Station (that should translate to Exhibition complex stations or Messe station as there is a large Exhibition and congress complex next to the station).

[IMG]Tenji ****etsu Station by pagroove, on Flickr[/IMG]

From there the IML (Icarus Maiin Line) splits into a local part and a Rapid line. The Rapid line skips 4 stations from here of which 2 have names and for 2 others I have yet to come up with a name.

[IMG]Entry of the IML Rapid line South of Kitabiko by pagroove, on Flickr[/IMG]

Soukita. One of the Local Stations:

[IMG]

Soukita a station on the IML Local Line South of Kitabiko

Continued in next post.
    Last edited by pagroove; February 28th, 2021 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Spelling and things

Blog Entries

E231-1000 on the rapid line:

[IMG]

E231-1000 on IML Rapid Line travelling South of Kitabiko

[IMG]

E231 cockpit view on IML Rapid Line

Entering Minami Kitabiko Ward with the IML Minami Kitabiko station. North of the stations there are a few freight tracks. A JNR DE10 can be seen shunting here:

[IMG]

JNR DE10 Diesel Shunter and E231-1000 on IML Rapid Line

[IMG]

E231-1000 at IML Minami Kitabiko

South of IML Minami Kitabiko Stations there are twin tunnels which lead to station on the other side:

[IMG]

IML Hashi no mura station pic 2

Hashi No Mura stations. (bridge village station)?

Full album link (23 pics)
    https://flic.kr/s/aHsmUyhVRZ
    Last edited by pagroove; February 28th, 2021 at 11:14 AM.

Good job on this Pagroove

Sigh..more trainz2019 goodies I'm missing huh? Well is there a way to give the DD51 some narrow gauged wheels?