Japan

Nice. is that from East looking to West? This is also the station where the TAMA Monorail and the Keio Lines stops?

Yes it is facing east to west. Tachikawa Station is where the Tama monorail, Chuo, Ome, Itsukaichi, Nambu lines stop. The Keio line does not stop here.

583系

2021-09-29_091713.jpg

Hi gang.
Something wierd is going on with my layout. I lay some tracks down in certian areas and save it but when I return to the area, the tracks are gone!! Is there a fix for this glitch?

Hi gang.
Something wierd is going on with my layout. I lay some tracks down in certian areas and save it but when I return to the area, the tracks are gone!! Is there a fix for this glitch?

I have had that but before, I still dont know how to fix it. Are you using trs19 or ts12?

Just dropped by to say that this month probably (you never know) there will be no new Building Snapshot of the Icarus Shinkansen this month.

Reason for this is that I am playing a bit around In MS2020 (Flight Simulator 2020) where I am trying to finish my Virtual South America tour. Last weekend I ended the tour by flying to Miami on the first leg home (virtual of course). Now I have one long haul to go from Miami to Amsterdam (also virtual). As I fly all my flights real time with no time acceleration one of the coming weekends I will be flying in Flight Sim to Amsterdam.

Other game I am in is No Mans Sky (I am also playing this for years). There is just a new expedition and I am playing that at the moment.

So at the moment I am not building on my route.

But don't worry I did not at all lost my interest in Trainz and especially in Japan Trains so I will return to route building in November ( I think)
I really want to finish my route ( I am committed to that)

Meanwhile I switched to Google Drive for route distribution. I repost the link to the latest public version (the same version as a few posts ago just in case someone has to search)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...ZW?usp=sharing

Meanwhile I will read the forum :). Keep up the screenshots, videos and train facts etc :).

Last edited:
Finally, the second part of the New 101 Series pack - "rural and local railways" is now complete!
All of them are already avaible on my website.

all3rd.png

Top row, from left to right: Izuhakone Railway 1300 Series (both the standard blue-white livery and the Seibu revival livery), Joshin Railway 500 Series (both red and green liveries), Sangi Railway 751 Series, Ohmi Railway 100 Series, Ohmi Railway 900 Series (both the blue and "Akane" liveries) and the Chichibu 6000 Series in both standard and revival liveries.
Bottom row: all the seven colorful liveries of the Ryutetsu 5000 Series.

Izuhakone Railway 1300 Series
These were introduced in 2008 to replace the ageing 1100 Series (former Seibu 701 Series trains) on Izuhakone Railway's Sunzu Line. One 4-car set and one 2-car set were purchased at a preferential price from Seibu Railway (Izuhakone Railway is part of the Seibu group) and were subsequently converted to form two 3-car sets. Both sets entered service on the 14th of December 2008, fitted in Izuhakone Railway's blue and white livery. Besides the "re-formation" works, the two former New 101 Series sets (reclassified as 1300 Series sets 1 and 2) were also adapted for one-man operation. As of today, both sets are still in service, having replaced the last 1100 Series set in 2012. Set no.2 is still painted in it's "standard" Izuhakone Railway blue-white livery, while Set no.1 has been repainted in 2014 in a "revival" livery of the New 101 Series' original Seibu yellow livery with tan window bands and has been running painted as such ever since.

Joshin Railway 500 Series
In the early 2000s Joshin Railway was looking for a suitable replacement for it's ageing, non-air-conditioned 200 Series trains. To this end, Joshin Railway approached Seibu Railway (with wich it already had a long-standing relation) to purchase a few second-hand trains. The choice fell on the New 101 Series, of wich Seibu Railway had a copious surplus, having replaced the vast majority of them with 4-door trains. Furthemore the New 101 Series trains shared several technical components (bogeys in particular) with several other Joshin Railway trains, such as the 1000 and 6000 Serieses, making their purchase particularily attractive. In the end, Joshin Railway acquired two 2-car sets in 2005. Both trains re-entered service in the same year on the railway's only line, reclassified as 500 Series sets no.1 (painted in a cream and green livery) and no.2 (paint in a cream and red livery). Both sets are currently still in service, shuttling daily between Takasaki and Shimonita on the Joshin Railway line.

Sangi Railway 751 Series
This lone 3-car set was purchased by Sangi Railway in 2009 to replace the last of it's ageing 601 Series sets (themselves too ex-Seibu stock, being former 451 Series trains purchased in the 1980s). Currently, the sole 751 Series is in regular service, running on Sangi Railway's Sangi Line, togheter with the rest of the line's fleet (wich is entirely formed of ex-Seibu trains). Set 751 has changed little from it's "seibu times", the only notable modification made (besides the livery obviously) is the destination indicator, wich was changed to an LED-type display upon the purchase of the set by Sangi Railway.

Ohmi Railway 100 Series
Starting from 2013, Ohmi Railway began to purchase second-hand New 101 Series sets from Seibu Railway to replace it's 220 Series (themselves too ex-Seibu stock extensively rebuilt in the 1990s), whose single-car formation was no longer suited to the ridership of the railway's lines, wich was increasing after years of decline. Ohmi Railway procured five 2-car sets "en bloc", wich were converted and put back in service between 2013 and 2018, classified as "100 Series". Conversion works involved fitting the necessary one-man operation equipment, converting the destination indicators to LED-type ones and a new fresh coat of paint, with the new livery being a pleasant light blue with a white line.
All six 220 Series "electric railcars" were retired by 2015, with some of them being moved to maintainance and other service duties. Currently, all five 100 Series sets are in service, being used interchangeably on all three of Ohmi Railway's lines.

Ohmi Railway 900 Series

Besides the five 100 Series sets, Ohmi Railway also has one more ex-Seibu New 101 Series set in it's fleet. Classified as 900 Series, this lone set was purchased in 2013 to operate non-stop special services between Hikone and Maibara. Upon arrival at Ohmi Railway, the 900 Series set underwent the same modification as the 100 Series sets, including conversion to one-man operation and the replacement of the original roller-blind destination indicator with an LED-type one. To distinguish it from the 100 Series, the sole 900 Series set was painted in a particular dark blue livery with a pink line and decorative pink dolphin-shaped stickers on the doors. The 900 Series entered regular service on the 14th of June 2013. Later, the set was moved to all-stop local services. On the 16th of July 2018 the 900 Series set was repainted in a promotional livery for tourism in the Shiga region, and one year later, it was repainted again, being fitted in the cream, blue and red "Akane" livery of Ohmi Railway's 700 Series set. This set, wich was rebuilt in 1998 from an ex-Seibu 401 Series, was designed to be used for special services and as an "event" train, but had to be retired in 2019 due to ageing technical equipment. The sole 900 Series set was selected by Ohmi Railway as the 700 Series replacement and was thus repainted in the same "Akane" livery, re-entering service on the 7th of May 2019 as the "Akane II" train.
The 900 Series set is currently in regular service with Ohmi Railway being used both as a "standard" local train (like the 100 Series) and for "event trains".

[continues in following post]

[continues from preceeding post]

Chichibu Railway 6000 Series

These were introduced in 2006 as a replacement for Chichibu Railway's 3000 Series (former JR East 165 Series trains wich were bought second-hand in 1992 and subsequently refurbished) on "Chichibuji" ("Chichibu Road") express services on the Chichibu Line.

Depsite having been extensively refurbished in 1992, the three 3000 Series still retained most of their 1960s-vintage equipment, wich by the early 2000s had severely deteriorated, especially the wiring of the main electrical circuit. Faced with the option to refurbish the 3000 Series a second time or the purchase of new rolling stock, Chichibu Railway went for the latter option, deciding to purchase three surplus New 101 Series sets from Seibu Railway in 2005.
To make them better suited for express services, the three sets were heavily modified: modifications included the removal of the central passenger door, the replacement of the longitudinal seats with reclining cross-seats coming from a Seibu 10000 Series "New Red Arrow" set, the changing of the headlights to a square type, the fitting of an LED "service indicator" between the headlights, the fitting of one-man operation-capable equipment and several other minor modifications (such as the replacement of the pneumatic wipers with electrical ones and the installation of a front skirt).

The first of the three 6000 Series trains entered service on the 15th of March 2006, with the other two following suit, replacing the older 3000 Series by the 26th of November. As of today, all three 6000 Series sets (numbered 6001 to 6003) are in service, with their status mostly unchanged since their introduction. The only notable change to a 6000 Series sets was made in 2014, when set no.3 had it's livery changed from the "standard" blue-white one to a "revival" cream-brown one inspired by the one carried by 300 Series sets (the "original" Chichibu Railway express trains) between 1956 and 1986.

Ryutetsu 5000 Series
Following the opening of the roughly parallel Tsukuba Express in 2005, wich dealt a serious blow to the small company's ridership, Ryutetsu decided to rationalize it's operations and reduce running costs by shortening it's trains to two cars (instead of three) and to implement all-day-long one-man operation (before, trains were operated as one-man services only during off-peak hours).

To implement these changes, in 2009 Ryutetsu purchased a total of five surplus New 101 Series 2-car sets from Seibu Railway. Reclassified as 5000 Series sets no.1 to no.5, the new trains were changed little from their Seibu days, with the only notable modifications being the conversion to one-man operation and the replacement of the roller-blind destination indicator with an LED-type one.

As with Ryutetsu's tradition, each set was fitted in a dedicated unique livery: the base design remained the same, a solid color base with a longitudinal line below the windows and a huge "N" (for "Nagareyama Line") in the center, however the colours differed largely from set to set, with set No.1 being painted in a blue and white livery, set No.2 being painted in an orange and white livery, set No.3 being painted in a red and white livery, set No.4 being painted in a lime green livery and set No.5 being painted in a yellow and lime green livery. Later, set No.2 was repainted in an orange and blue livery (nicknamed "meteor") and set No.1 was repainted in a 2-tone pink livery (nicknamed "sakura"). The five 5000 Series sets entered service between 2010 and 2013, replacing the 3-car 2000 and 3000 Serieses (themselves too ex-Seibu stock, being "original" 101 Series trains purchased by the railway in the 1990s), wich were fully replaced by 2013. Currently, the five 5000 Series sets make up the entirety of the fleet of Ryutetsu, shuttling back and forth on the tiny 5,7Km long Nagareyama Line.

And with this, #9 on the "things i'd like to do in 2021 list" is done!
afdfaf.png

Last edited:
All these interurban consists are absolutely eye-popping, and I fully support their creation, but since I am terrible at content creation, how about some older steam items such as the JNR 50 series, or the JGR class 8620s? Do they exist anywhere? I have some, but they are quite old and most pop up a lot of warnings and errors.

Bill

All these interurban consists are absolutely eye-popping, and I fully support their creation, but since I am terrible at content creation, how about some older steam items such as the JNR 50 series, or the JGR class 8620s? Do they exist anywhere? I have some, but they are quite old and most pop up a lot of warnings and errors.

Bill

D50 or C50, wich one? Keimei did make the 8260 Class and the D50, if i'm not wrong, but they probably are the "quite old models" you mentioned.

I'd gladly make some steam locomotives, unfortunately they're unbelivably complex if you want to do them in the "proper way" (with drivebars animated and all), something i'm not capable of doing at the moment.

If you're interested in pre-JNR stuff i'll gladly make some 1920s-1930s boxcab electric locomotives, old-style electric multiple units or the early diesels (both locomotives and multiple units). Unfortunately, as i said, steam locomotives are something too far fetched for me at the moment.

Last edited:
Back