Japan

Very nice work! I curious to see it once it's finished!

As promised...

...and after quite a lot of work...

*drum roll*

My website is now open for business!

Here's the link:

https://www.socimi.it/

As of now, the homepage is a bit bare, but the Trainz Downloads Area is fully up and running.

It includes almost all of my old reskins, plus many yet unrelased ones, such as the full 113-115-415 Serieses reskin pack (something wich i wanted to make for quite a long time) and other minor relases such as the Hanshin 7001/7101 Series.

As a bit of an interesting trivia, the choice of a Yurakucho Line 7000 Series (both for the "inaugurational image" and as part of the previous pack) isn't completely casual: in fact, a Tokyo Metro 7000 Series was my very first reskin, wich i made almost six years ago

Now, as part of, you could say, "celebrations" for the opening of the site, for the next four days (until the 8th of August) anyone can request one of the following trains in a personalized livery (real, semi-fictional or fully-fictional).

- TRTA 3000 Series
- TRTA 6000 Series
- TRTA 7000 Series
- TRTA 8000 Series
- Tokyu 1000 Series
- Tokyu 8090/8590 Series
- Seibu 9000 Series
- JNR 301 Series
- JR West 125 Series
- Nagano Electric Railway "OS-Car" 10 Series
- Osaka Subway 30 Series
- Osaka Subway 10 Series
- Osaka Subway 20 Series
- Osaka Subway 60 Series

Wow! Thank you for all your hard work. I took a view at the website and I like how you've set it up per region. I have a fictional request but I PM you about it very soon.
Congratulations on the opening of your website. :D

Congrats on the grand opening AlexMaria!! sent a reskin request.
alfandi121: Nice screenshot!!
Kurotrick: Fieldtested your new freight engines. Very nice!! If you plan to update them in the future, The Phantographs could be animated
New-Kurotrick-JR-freight-moters-leaving-Dobbs-Island-continer-yard.jpg
New-Jr-Frieght-on-the-EX-line.jpg
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Congrats on the grand opening AlexMaria!! sent a reskin request.
alfandi121: Nice screenshot!!
Kurotrick: Fieldtested your new freight engines. Very nice!! If you plan to update them in the future, The Phantographs could be animated

Nice shots Railshuttle. I especially like the last shot. Is that a double decker Railway?

Yes. The express line where I was running the freight train is on top. The Jr orange line is at the bottom. I've seen something similar to this for real in Japan, I don't know if it was a bullet train or another commuter line at the top.

@AlexMaria

for your website
i say that your hard work is totally worth it
your website is so amazing and thank god that you have a reskin of Hirochi’s E5 into a H5
now one more shinkansen is added on to the collection.
keep your website going

@AlexMaria
for your website
i say that your hard work is totally worth it
your website is so amazing and thank god that you have a reskin of Hirochi’s E5 into a H5
now one more shinkansen is added on to the collection.
keep your website going

Thanks!

@all

Today's the last day to request a personalized reskin - if you want one, hurry up!

@AlexMaria
May i know who is the creator of the bridge with 4 track in your shinkansen screenshot on your web?

*sorry for my bad english 😅

Last edited:
I just have a sudden feeling that.... would anybody be good enough like good skills on making route be able to make the whole Sanyo shinkansen line?

or at least make a hakata shinkansen station? Because from my knowledge I don’t think there would be a building in trainz that is made for hakata and must be custom made.

special delivery

Great. I like that Locomotive. Drove it yesterday. You guys smashed it out of the ballpark with the nice cockpit in the EF66. It is so nice. Makes me kind of wish that all trains had such nice cabins. Luckily we are in luck with the nice Japan community.

I like those figurines. Are they downloadable somewhere?

In other news I saw a very realistic Yamanote line video
link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXfyXFBNz-M&list=LLI4pQit6r-8srEnGfiDxUGg&index=4&t=8s

Makes me want to ask if this Yamanote version is somewhere obtainable?
Because looking at this video this version is really the most realistic ever and I've been there myself in Tokyo in 2018.
It looks like a personalised version of the JTrainz payware Yamanote. Which I have but it was never fixed.

Also does anyone know what happened to the Tsurumi Line project?

I just have a sudden feeling that.... would anybody be good enough like good skills on making route be able to make the whole Sanyo shinkansen line?

or at least make a hakata shinkansen station? Because from my knowledge I don’t think there would be a building in trainz that is made for hakata and must be custom made.

That would take years. Like the Tokaido Shinkansen we are talking about literarily about 10 years plus I think to make it. A comparable project in size and scope is the just released London to Lille route that was announced a while ago in the Freeware forum. The author took 16 years to make it and that is without caternary. However Shinkansen routes run almost constant through cities so a full size prototype would be I think even longer to make. A sort of route that captures the general feeling would be possible I think and if I had no project I would probably had a go at it. But no time.

Back