Japan

My small Japanese feeder route used the "standard" 3ft 6in gage track (1067mm). Wonderful Progressive tracks are made by creator Higgikay. There are others on the DLS just as good as well.

As for scenery creators, creator Hirochi has 665 items on the DLS. A majority of roads from Treadway can be used, providing you select a region for left-hand driving. Other creators, such as Keimei and Kenichiro have furnished loads of stuff.

As for other Japanese content, I'd advise downloading the Japanese routes to see whose content has been included. if you don't like the route, you can always delete it.

Bill

Last edited:
While I'm at it, I could use some help here locating motive power/rolling stock for my tiny Towada Kanko Electric Railway. It ran from Misawa, japan to Towada, Japan (14.7Km) and was discontinued in 2012. It had 11 stations and ran on a single-track main.

The motive power:

Moha 7200 (7204 & 7205)
Moha 7700 (7701)
Kuha 7900 (7901, 7902, 7903)
Moha 3400 (3401)
Moha 3600 (3603)
Tora 300 (301, 302)
ED 300 (301)
ED 400 (402)

I can find pictures of them (low quality for the most part) but nothing available for the game. Any ideas where I can find any of them?

Bill

The Towada Kanko Electric Railway operated almost exclusively with second-hand Tokyu Railway stock, namely:

Three units of the 7700 series (a total of 6 veichles divided into 2-car sets)

zgm2012-03-16-014.jpg

These are former Tokyu Railway 7700 series trainsets, wich were original 7000 series rebuilt in 1987 with new interiors, cabs and GTO-VVVF inverters.
They kept the colours of Tokyu railway upon their transferral to the Towada Kanko Railway.

A Tokyu Ikegami Line 7700 series set.

img_0

A single 7200/7300 series trainset ( MoHa 7204 + MoHa 7305 )

Converted from a Tokyu 7200 series trainset in 2002. These also kept the original Tokyu colors.
MoHa 7204 kept the original slant end of the Tokyu 7200 series, while MoHa 7305 was converted from a motor car without cab, wich was rebuilt to be a driving-capable end using spare pieces from withdrawn Tokyu 7000 series trainsets.
In 2014 it was sold to Oigawa Railway.

MoHa 7204

7200.jpg

"Flat-End" MoHa 7305

7dec2bdf2b1cf2c9aca5f653b7955607.jpg

Original Tokyu 7200 series

img_0

A single 3400 series railcar, built by Teikoku Sharyo in 1959.

towada01.jpg

A single 3600 series railcar, formerly Tokyu 3000 series built in the 1940s and sold to Towada Kanko Railway in 1990

tkk3600-1h-1380.jpg

Center-cab electric locomotives ED301 (Hitachi 1959) and ED402 (Kawasaki 1961)

1200px-Towada_Kanko_ED301.JPG

ToRa 300 type freight wagons (ToRa 301 and 302) identical to JNR's ToRa 40000 type wagons, built by Kawasaki in 1962

800px-Towada_Kankou_Tora301.JPG

Other rolling stock retired before the 2000s were the 2400 series, 4400 series, 1200 series and 3800 series EMUs, ToMu 101, ToMu 102, ToMu 203, WaMu 100 and WaFu 100 type freight cars (each is a single unit).

The 7700 series was made by Keimei as the Tokyu 7000 series, and it's avaible in numerous configurations, while the ED301 and ED402 can be obtained by reskinning Keimei's freelance KDb electric loco.

Last edited:
Ah. Thank you, Alexmaria. I have everything Keimei made. I just didn't catch on to the model number switch. I did notice the similarity in appearance, but didn't think any harder on it until your post. This is exactly what I'm looking for as I'm modeling the Towada kanko as of mid-70s or so when I was stationed at Misawa and rode it all the time to/from Towada to catch some great steam baths on the flanks of the volcano.

I had a few of the pictures, but you've managed a few I didn't have. Thanks for that as well.

I'm not great at reskinning, but since I'm making these for me, I can live with the results. :)

Bill

Ah. Thank you, Alexmaria. I have everything Keimei made. I just didn't catch on to the model number switch. I did notice the similarity in appearance, but didn't think any harder on it until your post. This is exactly what I'm looking for as I'm modeling the Towada kanko as of mid-70s or so when I was stationed at Misawa and rode it all the time to/from Towada to catch some great steam baths on the flanks of the volcano.

I had a few of the pictures, but you've managed a few I didn't have. Thanks for that as well.

I'm not great at reskinning, but since I'm making these for me, I can live with the results. :)

Bill

If you're modelling the Towada Kanko railway in the 1970s, the rolling stock in my precedent post it's not valid, as it was the fleet in 2012, shortly before the line was shut down.

In the 1970s the rolling stock would then be composed of:

-Electric Multiple Units

2400 series, two double units (MoHa 2403 - 2405 and MoHa 2402 - 2404) built by Hitachi in 1951, when the line was electrified. Retired in 1981.

0117-TOWADA_B-24-107.jpg

4400 series (KuHa 4406), a single unpowered trailer with driving cabs. Manufactured in 1962 by Kawasaki Sharyo, based on the 3400 series (and intended to be used with the latter), retired in 2002.

pict0183.jpg

1200 series (MoHa 1207 + KuHa 1208), a single two-car unit built in 1968 and retired in 1990.

img_1

Series 3400 (MoHa 3401) - see the above post.

-Electric Locomotives (used for shunting, light freights and maintainance)

ED301 and ED402 - see the above post

-Wagons (besides the ToRa 301 and 302 of the above post)

ToMu 100 series (ToMu 101 and 102)

ToMu 200 series (ToMu 203)

WaMu 100 series (WaMu 101 and 102 - based on JNR ToMu 1 type)

WaFu 100 series (WaFu 102)

Thanks again, Alexmaria. I realize Wikipedia is not the be all, end all authority, but it makes no mention of any of the motive stock you show in your last post. It is obvious they existed as the pictures (which I had not located previously) are shot on the Towada Kanko at various stations.

I'll have to see if I can locate any of those older pieces of stock. As I said before, I stink at reskinning--mostly because I can't find the proper method for doing it.

Bill

Thanks again, Alexmaria. I realize Wikipedia is not the be all, end all authority, but it makes no mention of any of the motive stock you show in your last post. It is obvious they existed as the pictures (which I had not located previously) are shot on the Towada Kanko at various stations.

I'll have to see if I can locate any of those older pieces of stock. As I said before, I stink at reskinning--mostly because I can't find the proper method for doing it.

Bill

Of the 1970s Towada Kanko rolling stock, there actually aren't any similar models in trainz that could be reskinned. They all need to be built from-zero.

My suggestion is to build the whole route anyway (wich didn't change much between the 1970s and the 2000s), and provisionally run the 7700 series trains, while waiting for someone to make the correct rolling stock.

By the way, here's the reskin for the 7700 series:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pdcWQgZOuOAA6s0DadiyCq8C8Q96XRw_

The .CDP file contains the EMU plus a ready-to-run 2-car set consist.

The base used is the Chichibu Railway 2000 series (another ex-Tokyu 7000 series train) by Keimei.

Towada_Kanko_7902.JPG

Last edited:
Excellent! Thank you very much. I appreciate it. I may have to adjust my time frame into more modern times. There are several roads that exist now as overpasses, that didn't exist back in the early 70s. Plus, Google Earth shows a projected Shinkansen route lying across my route and that isn't even built yet.

Bill

@Alexmaria: I downloaded your "reskin collection.rar" but I get an error stating it can't be opened as an archive. Is it just me? I re-downloaded it several times, yet the error persists.

Bill

If You mean Vol.2 pack, You need to achieve 4 821 674 bytes of final size of the rar archive, then it is OK. If You have problems downloading through certain browser, try to use different one or use download manager to realize download properly.

If You mean Vol.2 pack, You need to achieve 4 821 674 bytes of final size of the rar archive, then it is OK. If You have problems downloading through certain browser, try to use different one or use download manager to realize download properly.

My three browsers: Opera, Firefox, and Chrome all receive an unopenable file. So does my download manager.

Bill

My three browsers: Opera, Firefox, and Chrome all receive an unopenable file. So does my download manager.

Bill

Wich one is it?

I tried both the Vol.1 (Industrial Locomotives) and Vol.2 (EF64s), and they dowload and open fine.

Anyway i'll try to re-pack and re-upload both.

The name of the file is: "The Reskin Collection Vol.2.rar". The length appears correct, but neither Windows nor 7Zip can open it.

Bill

Okay. Got it. Apparently, there is some differences between the free version of WinRAR and the Payware version. My copy is several years old. I now have the CDPs. Thanks for your efforts. Much appreciated.

Bill

So I just got back from my first and great trip to Japan. What a country :). It was so nice to be there. I had some expectations beforehand but those expections where even exceeded. Great food, Very nice people and fantastic culture. I went with my brother and met TheNicofabi in Tokyo. After Tokyo we went to Takayama, Nagoya, Kyoto, Osaka, Himeji, Hiroshima and Miyamaya Island. Kagoshima. From Kagoshima rented a car and drover to the Udo Shrine in East Kyushu and them back over Mount Aso to Kumamoto. Spent a last great day in Fukuoka before travelling back to Rotterdam The Netherlands via, Fukuoka>Tokyo>Munich>Amsterdam and the last little car ride to Rotterdam.

I've rode some great trains. Of course The Yamanote Line, Chuo Line and many many more. Also drove the 500 EVA Shinkansen just by chance. We where on the time that it is in the Schedule at Shin Osaka and wanted to take a Kodama to Himeji to see the nice castle there. It just happened to be the 500 Shinkansen Evangelion.

Will make a special Flickr album soon but for now I leave a link to a Youtube video I made at Maibara. I went for some Shinkansen spotting there with my brother. Now returning to virtual Trainzing but it was an inspiring trip.

Last edited:
Problems with straighten the JMA NIPPON 4track.
Hi guys how do you make curves with these multi tracks. The Straighten tool in Trainz does not work on these.
Your suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Best regards Morten

@pagroove

Nice trip!

Have you got more photos?

@Morten16c

Problems with straighten the JMA NIPPON 4track.
Hi guys how do you make curves with these multi tracks. The Straighten tool in Trainz does not work on these.
Your suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Best regards Morten

The JMA NIPPON 4track is intended to be used on straight-only sections.

To make an identical-looking curve you'll have to make it by yourself using:

JMA Nippon Senro (Track), avaible in the "track" section.

JMA Nippon Catenary B (Catenary Bridge), avaible in the "track" section.

JMA Wires A (Catenary Wire), avaible in the "object - spiline" section.

JMA Wires 3 (Feeder Wires), avaible in the "object - spiline" section.

Back