Japan

Well you can. Download the Kodama (on the DLS) and couple 16 cars to each other. Then save the consist. And would you please (I ask it for the last time in a nicely way) stop making endless requests. Do something constructive in this forum or stay away.

Next time I leave it to a moderator to reply to your endless asking of trains.

Sorry mate, I was just too bored......I got nothing to do...

I'm actually concerned about Hirochi. Just hope he's doing good. :( (fyi And no I'm not like pouncing on him for requests. That will make me look like a horrible person )

He did login today.

My guess is that he probably got a little tired by all the requests that where fired at him. We had content creators leaving in the past because of that. Other possibilities could be that he got work or other life things that eat all his time. Japan is a pretty difficult country to live in in terms of work/life balance.

I assume he is taking a rest from Trainz.

Also don't forget that Japan got pretty bad weather. However that was in the Tokyo Region and I believe Hirochi is situated in the Osaka reginon.

If you want to see the E7/W7 fleet in the water btw then follow this link it is a pictorial from the Japan Times. The whole yard in Nagano was flooded.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2019/10/13/national/photo-gallery-typhoon-hagibis/#.XaTBti2iFQI

But let's not speculate too much.

Last edited:
About a third of the E7/W7 fleet was flooded:

The news called a railway expert who told that all the axles of the flooded trains have to be replaced. Due to the parts using semi-conductors.

About a third of the E7/W7 fleet was flooded:

The news called a railway expert who told that all the axles of the flooded trains have to be replaced. Due to the parts using semi-conductors.

well even tho I do know about it, still is pretty hilarious not gonna lie. Is like they were taking a dip in a pool XD

Oh forgot it was that time of year that they get typhoons. Needless to say, they got some serious dry cleaning to do for those trains.

They will be probably scrapped instead.

The mud was almost as high as the passenger windows, wich means that all the bogeys, electric mototrs, underfloor equipment (wich includes traction converters, compressors, auxiliaries, ATC recievers and on-board system, air conditioning and many many more) and even the interior (the mud probably filtered thru the doors) are unserviceable, soaked in not just water, but mud filled with organic rubbish and whatnot, and cleaning them is impossible.

Not only, there will be any sorth of thing inside evry duct, conduit and void in the car body as high as the mud reached.

Even if they manage to completely clean them (wich may take around 6-8 months per trainset, as they're 12-car trains and a total of 10 sets) they will have suffered unrepairable corrosion damage, wich will mean they will have a far shorter lifespan (around a quarter) than other trains of the same series.

The probable solution will be to postpone the retirement of E4 and E2 series trains as they temporarily replace the trains damaged by the flood until newly-built E7/W7 sets are put in service.

well even tho I do know about it, still is pretty hilarious not gonna lie. Is like they were taking a dip in a pool XD
I don't see anything hilarious about a devastating typhoon flood affecting millions of people that Live on a low lying island, that totally rely on rail for transportation to Get to work, it is not like these millions of stranded people can hop on their Kawasaki 2 cycle rice burner motorcycle and drive to work

Millions of Japanese have ZERO automobiles, while most U.S. families have 6 automobiles, and burn hundreds of gallons of gasoline per week, driving the U.S. Roadways

I am sure that Hong Kong equally relies on rail transportation, and bicycles, and 2 cycle oil burning motorcycles, for millions of vehicless stranded people

Last edited:
I believe in the tv interview they sad that the trains where rescuable but that the axles and motors have to be replaced. I used auto-translation though. They said a third of the E7/W7 fleet (30 sets so 10/11 where hit.) is out of service.

The total devastation in Japan is unfathomable, have you watched all the other videos, and viewed the images ?

it is not merely the slight destruction of a few "Choo Choo's", it is a total wipe out of Japan's economy.

Just like hurricane Katrina wiped out New Orleans, Japan may find it near impossible to recover.

As this is a rail afectionado forum with people who are Choo Choo fans, few here can fathom the sheer extent of the destruction of Japan's economy.

The total devastation in Japan is unfathomable, have you watched all the other videos, and viewed the images ?

Yes it will be difficult but they will overcome. Next year will be the Tokyo Olympics which wil bring it's own challenges but it will be good for the economy. They got a particular bad year this year in terms of weather related disasters.

Back