Page 350 of 357 FirstFirst ... 250300340348349350351352 ... LastLast
Results 5,236 to 5,250 of 5342

Thread: Japan

Default testing the new trainz portal screenshot s

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Railshuttle View Post
    Nice picture. Is that your new route?

Yes. That's the JR portion of it. Like the SIRL it's a mix of Eastern and Western trains.

Nice! What is that consist in the foreground? Loco looks supermodern, but I can't decide if it is pulling a prison train....
    “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” - R.L.S.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Forester1 View Post
    Nice! What is that consist in the foreground? Loco looks supermodern, but I can't decide if it is pulling a prison train....

It is the Skiki-Shima train. A hotel on rails:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E001_series

Ran across something interesting on the Tokaido Shinkansen line south of Yokohama, near Hiratsuka. I've never seen this type of switch and I wondered if anyone had made this type of switch for the Shinkansen.

Here's a photo:

A KMZ link to Google Earth

Best I can figure out is the white framework holds all four pieces of track. The tracks slide sideways left and right to allow the work train access to the mainline. Looks like something interesting to model. I stink at making stuff.

Bill
    Name: Bill (USN, Retired) Into computers over 55 years
    User ID: 202442
    Trainzer since: 2003
    Currently using: T:ANE (SP4)

Quote Originally Posted by HiBaller View Post
    Ran across something interesting on the Tokaido Shinkansen line south of Yokohama, near Hiratsuka. I've never seen this type of switch and I wondered if anyone had made this type of switch for the Shinkansen.

Best I can figure out is the white framework holds all four pieces of track. The tracks slide sideways left and right to allow the work train access to the mainline. Looks like something interesting to model. I stink at making stuff.
    Actually, there is no "real" switch.
    The two side tracks are used only to store lightweight maintainance vehicles, such as catenary inspection carts. To have them access the mainline, the two yellow boards are used: those are actually portable 1435mm gauge track sections, wich are placed over the mainline tracks and connected to the storage tracks.

The principle is similar to the rerailer ramps used on model railways:

The reason why such a system is used instead of a more traditional switch is that a normal switch (even if not set on the divergent route) might have been considered an impediment to high-speed running, as the section in question is among those that allow Tokaido Shinkansen trains to reach their maximium speed). A monorail-like switch like you described is impossible to make with conventional 2-rail tracks, let alone those laid on normal ballast.
    Last edited by AlexMaria; June 2nd, 2020 at 05:03 AM.

Hmm. I can see the concept now. I could probably fake most of it easily enough except for the sliding boards. It wouldn't be operational, just a static display. Nothing came up on the DLS for any of the MOW carts shown in GE at that location. They're there, though.

Bill
    Name: Bill (USN, Retired) Into computers over 55 years
    User ID: 202442
    Trainzer since: 2003
    Currently using: T:ANE (SP4)

Blog Entries

Shinkansen ALFA-X Class E956 by JIRC-Trainz in Trainz 2019 on Icarus Shinkansen v 2.0 (WIP) route. In this video we test the ALFA-X between Icaruko and Asadaka on the Icarus Shinkansen reaching 400 km/h max. The train was made by Rizky from JIRC-Trainz: Site Link: http://jirctrainz.com is availalbe under the Work in progress tab: http://jirctrainz.com/work-in-progress/

Route Icarus Shinkansen is a work in progress and will be released on the Trainz Download Station (DLS).

Last edited by pagroove; June 1st, 2020 at 06:18 PM.

Those links appear to actually be redirects from Youtube that go nowhere?
    “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” - R.L.S.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Forester1 View Post
    Those links appear to actually be redirects from Youtube that go nowhere?
    Thanks for reporting. Links fixed.

Default layout update

Making a small short commuter line for the new layout. I'll have to ajust the cantenary a bit higher.

Blog Entries

TOKYO2020

Quote Originally Posted by hirochi View Post
    TOKYO2020

[IMG]
    Very nice!