Japan

Hi everyone!

I thought I'd put up some pictures of some ATLS compatible traffic lights, and of course, there Japanese!

Like Boat's they have turn arrows a rear repeater and a light pole, but unlike Boat's they don't have traffic sensors or tram signals. They are ATLS V2.5 compatible.

Green Light
trainman184201106110003.jpg

Yellow Light
trainman184201106110004.jpg

and Red Light
trainman184201106110006.jpg

I hope to release them soon, but I still have some kinks to work out.
I hope you like them and I would like your opinions so I can make them more realistic.:)

がんばれ日本!
Good luck Japan!  :wave:

trainman184

Good evening all,

i have a - maybe stupid - question:

i learnt now, that a great amount of japanese railway network is of narrow gauge (much longer then the normal gauge). Do You have any japanese rolling stock and tracks for 1067 mm gauge?

I aprreciate any help and answer.

Sayonara:
Sura
:wave:

Konnichi-va, Keimei-san,

I was asking if You have models for 3'6" gauge. Thank you for your answer, arigato gozaimasita. (sorry, the program puts stars if i write the word gozaimasita with sh)

I will search for Your name and Your models.

Sayonara:
Sura
:wave:

Last edited:
Hi everyone.
I'm uploading my traffic lights now.
Hopefully they will be ready to download in the next few days.

Here's the full sized icon picture:
trainman184201106210000.jpg

I'm hoping some of you can download it and let me know how it works.

The kuid is <kuid:401720:1170> under name "JP ATLS Lights".

I think I might make a vertical version as well.:D

Cheers,
trainman184

Hi trainman184-san,
Have your assets been on DLS? I cannot find'em.
My C55s are still waiting to approve at DLS. Maybe something wrong with N3V server (as usual:().
G'Luck!

Sorry Keimei-san, but they are still waiting to be processed.
Hopefully they will be up sometime over the next few days.

And thanks! I'll be sure to post here when there available.

Cheers

Okay everyone the lights are ready to download.:D
I've tested the download and it works.
Please, enjoy and let me know what you think!

Cheers. :wave:

trainman184-san.
Ive downloaded and tried your traffic lights system. That looks good and works well:)
One thing I wonder is what the green arrow means. In Japan, the green arrow is for the car. For the tram, the Yellow arrow is used. so...

1)red light + green left arrow : The car have to stop, but the car may turn left.
2)red light + yellow left arrow : All the car must stop, but the tram can go left.

I dont know so much about ATLS system. Is it possible to indicate the above?

Thanks a lot.

Keimei-san.
In these lights I made the green arrows are for the cars.
In this setup the only yellow arrows are in the main light and can be set to all arrows.
But, the yellow arrow would only act like a regular yellow light.

I suppose you could however make a copy of the lights and replace the kuid's for the green arrow's coronas with the kuid's for the appropriate yellow arrow coronas.

I hope that makes some sense.:eek:

What you said about the yellow arrows being used for trams is something new to me. Here in the US the yellow arrow is the turn signal equivalent of the main light's yellow light. Even though the original light model was British they are similar to American lights.

I hope this helped some.:wave:

日本の方法は、このアメリカ人のために学ぶことは困難です。:)
(Google Translate)

Cheers, trainman184.

Hi, trainman184-san. Thank you for your kindly reply.
There are some yellow arrow signals in Hiroshima, Sakai(Osaka), Tokyo and etc. But no problm to make Japanese route, I think.
Any way, it is a very good job indeed.
Cheers!

Last edited:
Japan Region

Hi all.
I plan to make the Region asset of Japan. Before that, make some Japanese carz using in the region. They will run on the roads and also can be used as scenery.

trainman184-san
Can I use your "JP Switch Stand" <kuid:401720:1427> for "defaultjunction" of the region file? It will appear when setting a junction on the route as default. Thank you.

Carz0.jpg

Keimei-san those cars look great!:D
And sure you can use my switch stand.
I'm looking forward to that new region.

Cheers!

Thank you, trainman184-san:)

Hi all.
Before the region asset, I've uploaded some Japanese carz as trackside object, named "Carz JP ****". You can add/replace them to your region config file. For examle...

Code:
car0                                    <kuid:438196:9000>
car1                                    <kuid:438196:9001>
JPTwon_F.jpg

A sample of Japanese twon. This is an old test route using Kenichiro-san's road and signal(so they cause traffic accidents at the crossing). I'm now studying the ATLS system:). Thanks again.

P.S. The video is available.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Wa3n5gW7YY

Last edited:
Back