Japan

I'm no expert, but I believe the starting signals are usualy placed at stations. They tell the train when it's ok the leave the station. The Block signals pretty much work like blocking signals of the US. The train enters a block and the signal is red untill the train exits the block.Not sure what the homing signal does. Hope that helps.

JP Signals.

Can anybody explain the difference between:

JP signal xHome
JP signal xStarting
JP signal xBlock

Block signals are called "閉塞 信号機" (Heisoku Shingoki) and are used on mainline tracks to maintain the spacing between trains. They're usually placed at regular intervals, called blocks, between 300m and 1200m long (depending on the line's maximium speed: the higher the speed, the larger the distance between signals).

Starting signals are called "出発信号機" (Shuppatsu Shingoki) and are placed at the end of a platform. They act like absolute (non "permissive") block signals. For larger stations, there might be more than one starting signal (again, located atleast 300 meters apart), and in some other cases, such as with mid-mainline stops without any swithces, there might be no starting signal - it's place being taken over by a standard block signal.

Home signals are called "場内信号機" (Jonai Shingoki) and are located before the station, usually placed either before the first switch or at atleast 300m from the rear end of the station platform. All home signals are absolute.
In areas of high traffic density, a second "home signal" might be installed in the center of the platform section, to allow one train to enter the station at the same time as the other one is leaving.

Generally, the signal placement is as follows:

(Home) [Platform] (Starting) <------------> (Block) <------------> (Block) <---// //---> (Block) <------------> (Block) <------------> (Home) [Platform] (Starting)

Home signals and starting signals respectively delimit the start and the end of a station's area.

Block signals generally use five color light combinations:

Red - "停止" (Teishi) - Stop. If the signal is a "permissive" one (such as with mid-mainline block signals), the driver may pass a signal at red at a maximium speed of 15 Km/h after waiting for atleast one minute and after contacting the signaller.

Double Yellow - "警戒" (Keikai) - Warning: distance to the next signal is unusually short (around 300m) - maximum permitted speed is 25 Km/h.

Yellow - "注意" (Chui) - Caution: next signal will be Red (if it's placed at more than 600m) or it will be a double-yellow one (if it's placed at less than 600m) - maximum permitted speed is 45 Km/h (for some Kintetsu and Meitetsu railway lines, this limit is increased to 65 Km/h).

Yellow-Green - "減速" (Gensoku) - Reduce Speed: next signal will be a yellow or a double-yellow one. With this, generally the maximium permitted speed is 70 Km/h, but line and company variations exist (for example, JR Group also uses Gensoku signals with 50 or 65 Km/h limits, some Kintetsu ones have a 95Km/h limit and some Meitetsu ones use an 85Km/h limit).

Green - "進行" (Shinkō) - Clear: proceed at line speed or at a maximium of 130 Km/h.

Besides these, there are two more "special" indications:

Double-Green -
"高速進行" (Kōsoku Shinkō) - High Speed Clear: proceed at more than 130 Km/h (used only on the Narita Sky Access Line and formerly on the Hokuetsu Express Hokuhoku Line - both have a maximium line speed of 160 Km/h).

Flashing Yellow-Green - "抑速" (Yokosoku) - Reduce Speed: proceed at 105 Km/h, expect a Yellow or Yellow-Green signal aspect. It's intended for those lines with 300m-block signalling but with a line speed of 120Km/h or higher. Currently it's only used on the Keikyu Main Line (between Shinagawa and Yokohama) and on the Narita Sky Access Line.

Here are the most common signals and their aspects:

Color_light_signal_sequence_ja.png

As a final note, between two conflicting speed restrictions, the one to be followed is always the lower one. for example:

- Line speed limit of 80Km/h with "Chui" signal (45Km/h) -> proceed at 45Km/h.

- Line speed limit of 60Km/h with "Gensoku" signal (70Km/h) -> proceed at 60Km/h.

Last edited:
@AlexMaria - Thank you so much for your very detailed explanation of the Japanese signal system. Very helpful. 👍
Also thanks to @railshuttle 🙂

E257 series (E257系) This map is from the New Beloreck Mountain on DLC and im edditing to Japan version

Azusa-Kaiji.jpg

Thanks For Kurotrick and Rizky_Adiputra to all model train and building :wave: :wave: :wave:

Sorry about that. Was wondering would anyone be interested to see the Meitetsu series 2000 trains in trainz 12 and beyond. They come in three flavors. They remind me of the old Narita express trains in the front.
maxresdefault.jpg
69e3b5aeed357beee7f5eb0ccb99724bb043b84a_z.jpeg
img03.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Sorry about that. Was wondering would anyone be interested to see the Meitetsu series 2000 trains in trainz 12 and beyond. They come in three flavors. They remind me of the old Narita express trains in the front.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[/QUOTE]

I'd also like a Meitetsu 2000 Series for trainz... they're quite nice-looking...
There's also quite a lack of central/western Japan major private railways' stock for trainz...

Yet, if i remember correctly, someone may actually have made it for trainz a while ago, but never relased it - there was only a low-quality video on youtube (wich, with all due probability, is no longer avaible...).

I may give it a try sooner or later...

The Meitetsu 2000 Series design was actually based on JR East's older Narita Express (the 253 Series), as the latter's one had proven to be quite well suited to Airport Express duties. In fact, the 2000 Series initially even ran in 3-car sets, before they were lenghtened to 4-cars in 2008.

@rowletmaster
Download and use WinRAR. If you're downloading from third-party sites such as AlexMaria's, you'll run into a lot more of those anyway so I'd recommend keeping it around.

7zip will also extract .rar files. I had WinRAR, but it timed out on a trial and I realized I did not need to buy it....

Help anyone 🙏

Ohayou ! 😁. help please, does anyone here can re-skin Narita Express by hirochi san? Bcs I don't think the original skin is good

unfortunately the website of Kurotrick is still broken and this after years. He could upload his assets to the DLS. Would be cool if he could import and script his vehicles for Train Simulator. Or maybe later for TSW2 when the tools are released. A lot of work, which unfortunately is not downloadable and enjoyable.

and i think train creators should take this idea

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

now here this is the h5 in the night time. i know the picture isnt that good but. if there are people who likes to have you know. night shots and all i say that trains should have interior lights that will shine out when in night time to make more realism.

Seven reskins of "Kato Station" on DLS in 24 hrs

Original asset: <kuid:58223:26137> Kato Station by ish6

Reskins:
<kuid:369756:101392> JPN Kato Station Ver 00
<kuid:369756:101390> JPN Kato Station Ver 01
<kuid:369756:102937> JPN Kato Station Ver 04
<kuid:369756:101393> JPN Kato Station Ver 02
<kuid:369756:103436> JPN Kato Station Ver 06
<kuid:369756:101396> JPN Kato Station Ver 03
<kuid:369756:102938> JPN Kato Station Ver 05

Back