Japan

Needless to say you put some serious work into this route pagroov. Idid notice some of the buldings kinda flickering as you paseed over them. What was causing that? Best of luck finnishing it :)

Needless to say you put some serious work into this route pagroov. Idid notice some of the buldings kinda flickering as you paseed over them. What was causing that? Best of luck finishing it :)

Thank you. The v-sync or antialiasing is off. Means more fps but introduces some flickering only when moving fast. And only on that brown apartment building.

I see. Well one things for sure. The commuter train sessions are gonna be awesome on your layout!! It lloks like you can run local and limited exptess trains on it.

new work, nagaden-sen.

Nice choice!

The Nagano Electric Railway operates one of the most variegated and interesting lines of all the Japanese third-sector railways.

I mean:

1:20 - Multi-platform underground terminus like the finest private railways (Odakyu, Keio, San'yo, Shintetsu... all have similar terminuses).
2:10-6:20 - Subway-like section with three superb 1970s-style underground stations.
6:20-13:30 - Suburban double-tracked line with 1950s catenary poles (7:50) and mixed concrete/wood sleepers (also at 7:50).
13:30-16:55 - Single-track Interurban-style line (again, old catenary poles and mixed sleepers).
16:55-22:20 - Recently renewed section with sleeper-less, welded rails tracks and brand new catenary poles (all of the lastest JR standard)
17:40-21:30 - Shared Road/Rail bridge
21:30-28:21 - Rural Local railway frozen in time.

All of this in just the first third (12,5 Km) of the line, from Nagano to Suzaka station!

Actually, i have something that might be useful:

Nagano Electric Railway "OS-cars" series 0 (right) and 10 (left)

screenshot.jpg

The nickname "OS-car" means "Officemen and Students' car", as these trains were designed for those commuting from the countryside to Nagano City, wich were mostly office workers ("salarymen") and students.

The first "OS-car" (later "series 0") was introduced in 1966, to provide more comfortable (and adequate) rolling stock for morning and evening commuters (Nagaden was then still mostly using pre-war rolling stock).

The two 2-car sets were manufactured in 1966 by Nippon Sharyo, and were groundbreaking at the time, mainly because of their front end, entirely made in FRP (Fiber Reinforced Plastic) and inspired by the contemporary american CTA 2000 series of the Chicago Subway.

Also inspired by american 1930s interurban railcars was the double roller-blind indicator: upper one for the service, lower one for the destination, wich were both electrically operated (a fetaure introduced by JNR only two years earlier for their 481 series express trains!).

The two sets were formed as such:
Set 1 "OS-1" : 1 (MCP) + 51 (TC)
Set 2 "OS-2" : 2 (MCP) + 52 (TC)

Thanks to all these innovative fetaures, the "OS-car" was awarded the "Laurel Prize" (a prize awarded to innvoative trains by the Japan Railfan Club. Can be considered as a "train of the year"-kind of award) of 1967.

(the Nagano Electric Railway as of 2019 is only one of the six rural third-sector railways wich run or ran Laurel-prized trains since the prize was created in 1961, and was the only one to do so until 1977).

In comparison, at the same time most third-sector railway (even of a certain size) were closing, due to the competition of interurban busses. Nagaden, instead managed to remain operational (and achieved a small, but significant profit), but still, the intended replacement of the whole fleet of rolling stock with "OS-cars" was shelved due to the high costs.

Fast forward to 1980, when the 1.6 Km section between the Nagano Terminus and Zenkojishta was being rebuilt underground with two new stations in-between: Gondo and Shiyakusho-mae (lit. "Near the city office").

Most of the Nagaden rolling stock at the time was not tunnel-fire-regulations-compliant, so a new series train was to be built.
Based on the original OS-cars, these had three doors instead of four (to help keep the carriage warm during winter), a single roller-blind instead of two and most notably, they lacked the front door, as the cab could get drifty during cold months.

It also had two circular air horn immediately above the coupler, with the distinctive snow-proof cover identical to those used in JNR 115 series trains.

Also built by Nippon Sharyo, a first set of two cars (11+61) entered in service in 1980. At the same time the original OS-cars were reclassified "0 series" while the New OS-cars were classified "10 series".
They were designed to replace all non-compliant rolling stock, but due to high costs, only one set was ever built.

Instead, Nagaden bought 27 cars of the Tokyu 5000 series (1954) wich entered in service between 1977 and 1985.

By the late 1990s, Nagaden was seraching for something that could be used to standardize it's rolling stock.
The TRTA 3000 series, from the Hibiya Line was chosen as the replacement.
These were built in 1961 and were retired in 1994. 39 were bought by Nagaden (37 in service, 2 for spare parts), formed in 2 and 3 car sets, they replaced all the 2500 series trains, the remaining 1500 series trains and the two 0 series sets.

The 0 series trains were retired in 1997, in time for the Nagano Winter Olympics of 1998.
Set No.2 (2+52) was considered for preservation, but was scrapped in 2003.

At the same time, the ridership of the Nagano Electric Railway was shrinking, wich led to the closure of two of it's three lines (the 50,4 Km Kawato Line closed in 2003 and the 12,4 Yashiro Line closed in 2012), leaving only the 30,4 Km Nagano Line.

This meant there was a surplus of 3500 series trains, so in 2003 the sole 10 series set was retired, depsite having been in service for just 23 years.

The 10 series set was also considered for preservation but was scrapped in 2017 (probably due to absetos).

Trivia:

- The 0 series is one of the very few Laurel Prize winners not to have been preserved.

- As the 3500 series are nearing 60 years of age, a replacement is being searched.
A meeting about this matter was held in 2019, and one of the rumored replacements is the 03 series (also former Hibiya Line stock).

DOWNLOAD
https://drive.google.com/open?id=18NDh7avx7-lybkr_ZxFGyTV5OByyFnsJ

The .rar contains a .cdp for the rolling stock, one for the dependencies and the screenshot above.
Consists are redundand, as they both are formed of two-car sets.

Bonus Image:

kinen16.jpeg

Commemorative tickets for the opening of the underground section.
From top to bottom:

- 10 series (center), 0 series (right) at Nagano.
- 2500 series at Shiyakusho-mae station.
- 2500 series at Gondo Station.
- 2000 series on the ramp leading to the underground section (between Hongo and Zenkojishta).
Right: illustration of a 10 series car front.

Last edited:
so hmm u said there is an e3 series shinkansen in the works... if so can u give me a link to that or something?
also is Jtrainz
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]jirctrainz.com ?
please reply
[/FONT]

so hmm u said there is an e3 series shinkansen in the works... if so can u give me a link to that or something?
also is Jtrainz
jirctrainz.com ?
please reply

"in the works" means the author is still working on it, therefore a download link does not exist.
Furthemore, the author of the E3 has not written on this forum since a long time, wich means there could be no way to contact him.

Jtrainz.com and JIRCtrainz.com are two different websites managed by two different people.

well i checked
Jtrainz.com
and most of the trains are all needed to buy them
so im gonna think that e3 will be needed to be buy from it
and hell that e3 can only be used in TS2019
and im using TANE
so yea how am I suppose to download e3 even it it does already been finished
unless hirochi make a e3 for ts12
then yea I think I can download it

well i checked
Jtrainz.com
and most of the trains are all needed to buy them
so im gonna think that e3 will be needed to be buy from it
and hell that e3 can only be used in TS2019
and im using TANE
so yea how am I suppose to download e3 even it it does already been finished
unless hirochi make a e3 for ts12
then yea I think I can download it

I could be wrong but im pretty sure the E3 will be compatible with earlier versions of trainz such as TS12 and TANE, it says so on the jtrainz website.

by the way
has anybody heard of a shinkansen called 400 series??
if so does anyone know is there any people who is making this shinkansen in trainz?
please reply

by the way
has anybody heard of a shinkansen called 400 series??
if so does anyone know is there any people who is making this shinkansen in trainz?
please reply
Yes.
Long Answer:
Back in the Trainz 2006, 2004 ages There was a 400 Series Shinkansen by connyxy. But that was just in 2008 (i believe) She also made other Stuff like a 100,200 Refurbished and Non refurbished, 300, and etc. She made this post i believe she said this:
"Sorry not releasing them, I dont want to."
This made some people mad and starting critizizing her. She quitted Trainz.
Short Answer:
Back in those Trainz 2006, 2004 Ages connyxy made a 400 series and other shinkansen but she didnt want to release it, she quitted because she got to much critizicm.

So basically, theres no 400 series in the work from what ive heard

Last edited:
Hi. I got a ton of Japanese rolling stock yet I cannot find a decent route to run them on.
Could anyone point me to some large freeware Japanese routes?

Back